PDA

View Full Version : A Story About Brownwood...

JR2004
08-22-2008, 03:30 PM
When I was in high school we had a basketball game there and it was doomed before it began. We passed by a funeral home there named Davis-Morris. Normally I guess that wouldn't be a big deal except...

Our assistant coach was named MORRIS DAVIS. We about died laughing on the bus when we pointed that out to him. Luckily he had a good sense of humor about it. Unfortunately that funeral home name spelled doom for us and we lost. :(

orange machine
08-22-2008, 03:35 PM
:clap: Great story :rolleyes:

pirate4state
08-22-2008, 03:37 PM
One of those "had to be there" type stories! :D

garciap77
08-22-2008, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
When I was in high school we had a basketball game there and it was doomed before it began. We passed by a funeral home there named Davis-Morris. Normally I guess that wouldn't be a big deal except...

Our assistant coach was named MORRIS DAVIS. We about died laughing on the bus when we pointed that out to him. Luckily he had a good sense of humor about it. Unfortunately that funeral home name spelled doom for us and we lost. :(

Good story! When was this, because they are not that good at Basketball!:D

Sweetwater Red
08-22-2008, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state

I thought he was going to say the coach died the next day.:(

LionKing
08-22-2008, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Good story! When was this, because they are not that good at Basketball!:D Then Wylie must not be very good in basketball either, both teams play close games every year.

garciap77
08-22-2008, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by LionKing
Then Wylie must not be very good in basketball either, both teams play close games every year.

LOL

LionKing
08-22-2008, 04:20 PM

Yes, it's still there, right across from Howard Payne Univ.

nobogey72
08-22-2008, 04:28 PM

Yaw'll just lost because of Brownwood's legendary one of a kind offseason program that the US Marine Corp. has copied to use instead of their 100 yr old program that they formerly used. Got it? That's why yaw'll lost.:rolleyes:

Lion_Addict
08-23-2008, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by nobogey72
Yaw'll just lost because of Brownwood's legendary one of a kind offseason program that the US Marine Corp. has copied to use instead of their 100 yr old program that they formerly used. Got it? That's why yaw'll lost.:rolleyes:

Ummmm, I thought that was all supposed to be Top Secret stuff! :doh: :eek: Dude, you may wanna go into hiding after putting that out here for the world to see. :p

Rocket
08-23-2008, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by nobogey72

No, that offseason program is the reason our numbers aren't as high as Abilene Wylie's. :kiss:

And that offseason program will help us beat the snot out of Wylie this season. Take that to the bank.

You have played Brownwood in 2 DOWN seasons and somewhat did ok. This season... not going to be that way. Not even close.

garciap77
08-23-2008, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Rocket
No, that offseason program is the reason our numbers aren't as high as Abilene Wylie's. :kiss:

And that offseason program will help us beat the snot out of Wylie this season. Take that to the bank.

You have played Brownwood in 2 DOWN seasons and somewhat did ok. This season... not going to be that way. Not even close.

Are you saying that you did not dominated us the last two seasons?

Look here for clue. Hint: Brownwood 28 Wylie 21
http://www.abilenewyliebulldogs.com/multimedia%202007.htm

If so, then you have earned creditability with me.:D

BEAST
08-23-2008, 11:30 AM
Are you saying that you did not dominated us the last two seasons?

Look here for clue. Hint: Brownwood 28 Wylie 21
http://www.abilenewyliebulldogs.com/multimedia%202007.htm

If so, then you have earned creditability with me.:D

Dude you are using your highlight video to try to make a point? Hell, any game played both teams do some good things. You can use highlights to make it look like you won a game when in actuallity, you may have lost by 4tds.

BEAST

garciap77
08-23-2008, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by BEAST
Dude you are using your highlight video to try to make a point? Hell, any game played both teams do some good things. You can use highlights to make it look like you won a game when in actuallity, you may have lost by 4tds.

BEAST

I just do think that we got beat like Rocket states. That's all!

Lion_Addict
08-23-2008, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by BEAST

BEAST

:thinking: :thinking: :1popcorn:

garciap77
08-23-2008, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
:thinking: :thinking: :1popcorn: :D

M&G?

Lion_Addict
08-23-2008, 11:51 AM
:D

M&G?

Plan on being at every one of 'em that is set up.

garciap77
08-23-2008, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
Plan on being at every one of 'em that is set up.

I bet Rocket is :D :D :D :D about last night! You dominated that scrimmage!:) I'm still waiting to hear some more for Rocket. The post the BEAST made, basically said all. Well put by the BEAST! :)

JR2004
08-23-2008, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
I thought he was going to say the coach died the next day.:(

Haha...No he's made it another 12 or 13 years after that. I believe the last time I talked to him he was at Iowa Park as an assistant principal and had another kid on the way that was just a bit unexpected. :)

JR2004
08-23-2008, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state

All you have to have is a sense of humor and probably know Coach Davis to know why it'd be funny. He's probably the most self-depricating person I've ever met. It's impossible to spend any amount of time around him and not wind up laughing because of how much fun he'll make of himself.

GreenMonster
08-23-2008, 02:34 PM

I know Morris, he is the HS Principal at Class A Seymour now.