PDA

View Full Version : Bellville Brahmas vs Caldwell Hornets?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-22-2008, 03:16 PM
This game will be Friday night in Bellville @ The Pasture of Pain, will the Brahmas win it opener at home or will the Hornets upset the Brahmas. Bellville has looked good vs 4a Brenham and a good Needville team. What are your thoughts and predictins for this game?

Bull's-eye
08-22-2008, 03:32 PM
FBB, this is your best type of posts and I wish other posters would do this for their games. I haven't heard much about Caldwell, but I do know they graduated a large number of Sr's. Bellville has looked good against 4A Brenham, even though the Cubs appear very inexperienced and were very solid against a upcoming Needville team. Bellville's new defense has been spectacular against the run and Caldwell loves to run the ball. I see Bellville winning this game 28-7.

Global Swarming
08-22-2008, 06:58 PM
I'm not going any predictions on the outcome. But, I will predict it will take more than 28 points to win this one. We are not the same team as last year because of all the players that we graduated. But, I believe we are still going to put up some good numbers this year. The defense is pretty suspect this year and the secondary hasn't looked that great. We don't have as much size as we did last year either. But, that's why the game is decided on the field. I personally think it will be a mediocre year, but I hope I'm wrong.

LHexPlayer
08-22-2008, 07:04 PM
I know nothing about either team this year other than what I've read on here. None the less I'm going to throw out a prediction. I say 35-21 Bellville wins. I think Bellville jumps out to an early lead then Caldwell will settle down and get back into the game. Then Bellville pulls away in the 4th quarter. Good luck to both teams on a hard fought game.

ProudHornetMom
08-22-2008, 07:17 PM
I don't think it will be a mediocre year but then again I'm a mom, what do I know. ;) I do know that each year the program gets stronger. The guys are working hard and the weight program is solid. Each year is bringing more understanding of the Slot-T and how to run it. The number and variety of plays have increased tremendously. It won't look like Liberty Hill's but it works for us.

We're not in mourning because we lost so many seniors. That was last year, this is this year and we've moved on. We didn't lose all our speed and actually gained some.

Bellville is always a tough game but they won't beat us 28-7. Their defense can't stop our offense.

I can't believe the season is finally here!

nunya
08-22-2008, 07:55 PM
http://www.itemonline.com/sports/local_story_235005639.html

From reading this article, I wouldn't say Caldwell is that bad off this year. New Waverly might be a large 2A program but it's had some success and they say Caldwell's defense improved about 50 percent from its scrimmage vs Lexington the week before. THey might need work on the kicking game and pass defense, but team speed is a little better overall from last year. Lister and Scott didnt have to touch the ball much because of Canto but when they did they got eight or more yards a carry. Lister averaged more than 15 per carry.

I also think Taylor is highly underrated and Caldwell will have to play tough there because of the Cobia connection. He remembers Caldwell and Caldwell better not overlook that.

nunya
08-22-2008, 08:39 PM
Just came across this. Sounds like Bellville played well against the Cubs, but the article screams that Brenham had very few returners (read quote in fifth paragraph) and were unprepared. I like the Brahmas, though. They play with class. I just think the game will be within 10 points either way.

http://www.brenhambanner.com/articles/2008/08/18/sports/sports01.txt

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-22-2008, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by ProudHornetMom

Bellville is always a tough game but they won't beat us 28-7. Their defense can't stop our offense.

Bellvilles New D will stop the Hornet offense.

ProudHornetMom
08-22-2008, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Bellvilles New D will stop the Hornet offense.

Don't think so but we'll see next week. ;)

Want to wager Bellville sausage vs. Caldwell Kolaches or something? I'm a mom so it has to be a wholesome wager. ;)

Bull's-eye
08-22-2008, 11:14 PM
Don't think so but we'll see next week. ;)

Want to wager Bellville sausage vs. Caldwell Kolaches or something? I'm a mom so it has to be a wholesome wager. ;)

Ok, here's the bet: ProudHornetMom brings a dozen kolaches (I like cheese & poppy-seed). FBB brings a link of Bellville sausage (already cooked). I will hold these until the game is over and whatever is left, I'll give them to the winner. :D

ProudHornetMom
08-22-2008, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Ok, here's the bet: ProudHornetMom brings a dozen kolaches (I like cheese & poppy-seed). FBB brings a link of Bellville sausage (already cooked). I will hold these until the game is over and whatever is left, I'll give them to the winner. :D

Hey...I almost fell for it. I had to read the last sentence 3 times.
:confused:

I'll bring Kolaches to share with my Bellville foes... I mean friends.

Actually this is a special game for my family. My nephew plays for Bellville and will be playing against my son. :inlove: Football before family during the game but I will be cheering for my nephew as well.

rancher
08-23-2008, 10:24 AM
If Bellville does not drastically improve their offensive line play and have the backs, other than Nunn, learn to explode to the line of scrimmage up the field, instead of looking at the hole. Caldwell will win. Did not see the Brenham scrimmage, but was not impressed by the offensive line play against Needville. They looked weak and slow as Needville dominated against the run.

Bull's-eye
08-23-2008, 11:18 AM
Hey...I almost fell for it. I had to read the last sentence 3 times.
:confused:

Do you really think I could hold a box of kolaches for a whole football game without eating them all? Remember cheese & poppy seed.
:)

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-23-2008, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by rancher
If Bellville does not drastically improve their offensive line play and have the backs, other than Nunn, learn to explode to the line of scrimmage up the field, instead of looking at the hole. Caldwell will win. Did not see the Brenham scrimmage, but was not impressed by the offensive line play against Needville. They looked weak and slow as Needville dominated against the run.

Bellville scored 4 times on 1st team offense, the line is not a weak as you say.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-23-2008, 11:24 AM
Do you really think I could hold a box of kolaches for a whole football game without eating them all? Remember cheese & poppy seed.
:)

Eatin kolaches, cheese, prun, and poppy seed, eatin kolaches all night and day.

Bull's-eye
08-23-2008, 11:26 AM
Bellville scored 4 times on 1st team offense, the line is not a weak as you say.

I heard they were missing a starting tackle and it appeared Bellville had a different guard playing. Give credit to the Needville defense and there was some problems with the backs not hitting the holes.

Bull's-eye
08-23-2008, 11:31 AM
Eatin kolaches, cheese, prun, and poppy seed, eatin kolaches all night and day.

Little does ProudHornetMom know that I can smell kolaches from a mile away, much less across a football field. I think she should sit next to us and share her kolaches. If she doesn't, I'll just follow my nose. :D

OldBison75
08-23-2008, 11:54 AM
If anyone on this board discounts the quality of either team, they are making a big mistake. I believe that Caldwell will be able to score points on anyone and the Austin County Champs, BV, will be much better than people think. I pick this to be a home win for BV but it will be a good game. Both teams are playoff bound and both could be really good by year's end. REMEMBER-don't take the scrimmages as a good guage of the team, many players are playing and the playbook is very limited. Good coaches work on depth and fundamentals in these games and both of these teams have top notch coaching staffs.

rancher
08-23-2008, 12:55 PM
If I remember correctly, prior to Bellville's first score, there were three yellow flags thrown against Bellville for a holding call, but they were ignored and play went on. Bellville then had good field position and scored. Bellville's offense is a modern V-8 engine in a model A body. Meaning backs that can take it to the end zone on any play and a QB who can also make it happen with his legs or arm. However the model A body (offensive line) is weak and slow, Needville shut down the run and Needville defense had no where the speed of the Bellville backs or recievers. Bellville defense I like, all out and stop them. But if they make a mistake or get caught off guard, they are toast. With Caldwell's style of offense, this will happen. I am no homer, but I have to see Caldwell in this one unless the weak link in the Bellville team is fixed quickly.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-23-2008, 03:14 PM
If I remember correctly, prior to Bellville's first score, there were three yellow flags thrown against Bellville for a holding call, but they were ignored and play went on. Bellville then had good field position and scored. Bellville's offense is a modern V-8 engine in a model A body. Meaning backs that can take it to the end zone on any play and a QB who can also make it happen with his legs or arm. However the model A body (offensive line) is weak and slow, Needville shut down the run and Needville defense had no where the speed of the Bellville backs or recievers. Bellville defense I like, all out and stop them. But if they make a mistake or get caught off guard, they are toast. With Caldwell's style of offense, this will happen. I am no homer, but I have to see Caldwell in this one unless the weak link in the Bellville team is fixed quickly.

Rancher Did you go to school in Sealy?

rancher
08-23-2008, 04:39 PM
Nope, I had two sons play for Huey and proud of it. He runs a great program. Not a homer, just the facts good, bad or ugly. Funny when I post on the Sealy forums, I get accused of being a Bellville fan. I want nothing but to see Austin County send the best teams forward, nothing will be slanted, just the truth. Will be at the game to see if I have a slice of crow pie or if Im right on my observations and evaluations.

nunya
08-23-2008, 05:00 PM
... and I reckon Caldwell fans, coaches and especially players have relived the last nightmare that occurred in the Bullpen. I left to use the restroom and returned 15 minutes later to my seat, realizing I missed the entire game. Caldwell missed the playoffs and Bellville nearly missed post-season because of a 25-point margin until regurgitating 26 points the last five minutes.

The video will forever remain in the Hornet coaches' library.

Necks_Fan
08-23-2008, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
REMEMBER-don't take the scrimmages as a good guage of the team, many players are playing and the playbook is very limited. Good coaches work on depth and fundamentals in these games. Hey, FBB. That sounds awfully familiar to what I was trying to tell you.

Whatever the case, if bellville is as good as they say, then this shouldn't even be a contest.

Bellville at the pasture........ by 3 TDS.

nunya
08-23-2008, 05:06 PM
still miss O'Bryant field.

ProudHornetMom
08-23-2008, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
Bellville at the pasture........ by 3 TDS.

:tisk: No Kolaches for Necks...3 touchdowns...phish!

Bull's-eye
08-23-2008, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by nunya
... and I reckon Caldwell fans, coaches and especially players have relived the last nightmare that occurred in the Bullpen. I left to use the restroom and returned 15 minutes later to my seat, realizing I missed the entire game. Caldwell missed the playoffs and Bellville nearly missed post-season because of a 25-point margin until regurgitating 26 points the last five minutes.

The video will forever remain in the Hornet coaches' library.

Bellville was already in the playoffs and didn't need that win.

nunya
08-23-2008, 06:44 PM
Bellville was already in the playoffs and didn't need that win.

Are you sure? I thought Bellville was guaranteed a spot up until Caldwell took a 28-3 lead with its last TD due to surpassing the 18-point rule. At that time, the clock keepers quickly deleted the West Columbia playoff time and date from the scoreboard.

Maybe it had already surpassed the point system by then, but it seemed that Giddings was the only guaranteed representative and if Caldwell had won by the 25-point margin, then it would have been Giddings, Caldwell and La Grange due to head-to-head point differences. Eventually it wouldn't have mattered since LG held on to beat Navasota, but nobody knew that at the time.

The point system stuff can get confusing and I never cared for it, nonetheless.

Bull's-eye
08-23-2008, 07:13 PM
Can't be sure of all the details, but I remember the newspaper stating they were already in.

nunya
08-23-2008, 07:32 PM
Can't be sure of all the details, but I remember the newspaper stating they were already in.

I know its crazy.

BV Sports Fan
08-23-2008, 09:17 PM
Playing in the "Pasture of Pain" is worth at least a touchdown.

Bellville was young and inexperienced last season. Everybody agreed that Huey's boys wouldn't be down long. Garrett Nunn is the real deal with a doubt. I will be interesting how Mueller does at QB.

The word is that Caldwell FB Kysan Wolverton will make everyone forget about Farin Sims (and remind some folks of a young Doug Allman). Trenton Sims may not run like last years QB, but should add a legitimate pass threat to the Hornet attack. Nelson Scott and Randal Lister will add perimeter speed to the attack.

The big question will WHO CAN STOP WHO.

48-45, Caldwell is my pick.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-23-2008, 09:20 PM
Are you sure? I thought Bellville was guaranteed a spot up until Caldwell took a 28-3 lead with its last TD due to surpassing the 18-point rule. At that time, the clock keepers quickly deleted the West Columbia playoff time and date from the scoreboard.

Maybe it had already surpassed the point system by then, but it seemed that Giddings was the only guaranteed representative and if Caldwell had won by the 25-point margin, then it would have been Giddings, Caldwell and La Grange due to head-to-head point differences. Eventually it wouldn't have mattered since LG held on to beat Navasota, but nobody knew that at the time.

The point system stuff can get confusing and I never cared for it, nonetheless.

Giddings and Bellville were in, La Grange needed a Bellville win to make the play-offs, and a Bellville lose would have put Caldwell in with the Leps being the odd team out. Ask Pud, he was Bellvilles biggest fans for that game.:D

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-23-2008, 10:11 PM
Nope, I had two sons play for Huey .

What years?

scrub c
08-23-2008, 10:17 PM
bellville by 28

bvillebrahma010
08-23-2008, 10:21 PM
I like how rancher keeps commenting on the brahmas as having a "slow, weak offensive line" hahaha, do we need to go through this again! they all run under a 5.0 40! thats not slow!!! they may not all be quick, but the majority of the line is pretty quick!

Tiger4Ever
08-23-2008, 10:30 PM
I like the Brahmas, though. They play with class. I just think the game will be within 10 points either way.

http://www.brenhambanner.com/articles/2008/08/18/sports/sports01.txt [/B]

Bellville has not shown the class you claim in ANY game I have ever seen or played against them. I know sometimes tensions can boil over but they seem to always trash-talk and cheap-shot.

Tiger4Ever
08-23-2008, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by bvillebrahma010
I like how rancher keeps commenting on the brahmas as having a "slow, weak offensive line" hahaha, do we need to go through this again! they all run under a 5.0 40! thats not slow!!! they may not all be quick, but the majority of the line is pretty quick!

Did you forget that Bellville's offensive line was crushed in a head-to-head lineman challenge against Sealy earlier this summer??

bvillebrahma010
08-23-2008, 10:38 PM
dude, no one cares about a lineman challenge! whoop oop te do.... no pads... did you forget to mention that sealy barely beat stafford, 3-0? that is a field goal, not 3 touchdowns, in the gameplay in the scrimmage last week? hmm guess not... stafford was ummm good! ha

BV Sports Fan
08-23-2008, 11:13 PM
Returners by position, Bellville vs. Caldwell

Caldwell will return 3 offensive line starters, and one more that saw limited action (one moved from backside TE to strong side TE). They return the back up QB (who got some decent playing time last year), and three RB's who saw significant varsity action last year.

Besides Nunn, who is returning from the '07 Brahmas? Aren't they breaking in a senior at QB this year?

Defensively Caldwell will return two d-line starters, one LB, and a corner. The rest of the defense is a mix of part timers and JV kids from '07.

What is Bellville returning on D. I know the SS Talerine is back.

Necks_Fan
08-23-2008, 11:18 PM
I like how rancher keeps commenting on the brahmas as having a "slow, weak offensive line" hahaha, do we need to go through this again! they all run under a 5.0 40! thats not slow!!! they may not all be quick, but the majority of the line is pretty quick! Honestly, you need a "quick" o line. It doesn't matter how fast they run 40 yds. It's been a while since I saw a lineman throw a block 40 yds down field. It's all about strength, quickness, and scheme.

Necks_Fan
08-23-2008, 11:21 PM
dude, no one cares about a lineman challenge! whoop oop te do.... no pads... did you forget to mention that sealy barely beat stafford, 3-0? that is a field goal, not 3 touchdowns, in the gameplay in the scrimmage last week? hmm guess not... stafford was ummm good! ha Stafford had a decent passing game but nothing else last year....

Maybe a bad scrimmage, maybe they "sand bagged,"

Whatever.... the main point is, Sealy didn't play up to expectations....

They will get it together and they will be ready for Bellville... I wont miss that game.

Bull's-eye
08-23-2008, 11:26 PM
Bellville returns their starting back field and have a big Jr. QB that is much better than last year's QB. They also return starters at center, left tackle, wide receiver, split end. On defense they return starters at DE, 4 of the 5 LB's, CB & safety. That's 6 on offense (not counting the QB who started at TE last season) and that's 7 on defense. Several other players saw plenty of action.

Bulligator
08-23-2008, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by BV Sports Fan
Returners by position, Bellville vs. Caldwell

Caldwell will return 3 offensive line starters, and one more that saw limited action (one moved from backside TE to strong side TE). They return the back up QB (who got some decent playing time last year), and three RB's who saw significant varsity action last year.

Besides Nunn, who is returning from the '07 Brahmas? Aren't they breaking in a senior at QB this year?

Defensively Caldwell will return two d-line starters, one LB, and a corner. The rest of the defense is a mix of part timers and JV kids from '07.

What is Bellville returning on D. I know the SS Talerine is back.

The Brahmas return 7 each on defense and offense. The defense currently has 6 juniors, 4 seniors and 1 sophomore starting. All the linebackers return, along with 2 backs and 2 linemen. The offense also has 7 starters returning. Mueller, the QB was at TE last year and is a junior. Both backs return, along with 2 linemen and 2 WR's. I believe the offense has 4 seniors and 7 juniors starting presently, with the TE's alternating and bringing in the plays. The juniors had a lot of playing time last year as sophs on both offense and defense.

The punter returns from last year, and the new kicker has looked good in the scrimmages.

Bulligator
08-23-2008, 11:43 PM
Sorry for the repeat info. Bulls-eye is quicker than this old man.

RedStorm
08-23-2008, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by Tiger4Ever
Bellville has not shown the class you claim in ANY game I have ever seen or played against them. I know sometimes tensions can boil over but they seem to always trash-talk and cheap-shot.

I hope you saw that line men challenge and witnessed the fact that seally had backs and WR's participating for them (real classy). I can't wait until Halloween because it will be spooky to see the same Tiger beatdown again. Remember last year(35-7)? Bellville has tons of returning starters and Sealy is overrated.

Bull's-eye
08-23-2008, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by Bulligator
Sorry for the repeat info. Bulls-eye is quicker than this old man.

That's ok, I was a little confused with the new defense. I'm not sure if the we have 5 LB's or are they calling the outside 2 something else.

bvillebrahma010
08-24-2008, 12:18 AM
the outside two are called bandits

BV Sports Fan
08-24-2008, 12:47 AM
Caldwell has scored 70+ points on the Brahmas in the last two years. They pulled their starters early in the second half last year, after coming into the game with a play-off stop sown up. The defensive staff for the Brahmas has yet to figure out how to slow them down. Had not the Hornet defense melted in final minutes of '06, 28 points would have been more than enough that year.

This Friday will be a HIGH scoring affair. I will come down to who can play a little D.

Bull's-eye
08-24-2008, 01:22 AM
the outside two are called bandits

Not your typical football position name, but I like it. They must be a cross between LB, DE & SS. What are they calling the new defense?

rancher
08-24-2008, 07:53 AM
Times in the 40 yard dash mean nothing. You must have heard wrong on the times, these linemen are far from college or all state material. If you were at the scrimmage, you would have observed, how the Bellville offensive line made the Needville defense look like they were state bound. You must be honest, they are just weak and slow. Please explain to me that when the QB drops back how he is alway running for his life out of the pocket. The number of play action passes only shows even more the o-line problems. This be even more clear when they play the better teams like Livingston, Navasota, Giddings and La Grange. Must say again THE OFFENSIVE LINE IS THE WEAK LINK. Bellville has high powered backs. Like the defense, but again the line will let them down.

scrub c
08-24-2008, 08:08 AM
wasn't there, have not seen your team play, but... when they send more than you can block, your qb has to make one or two miss.
And of the 5, one is either going to take a play off or simply get beat by the guy across from him, in most cases destroying the play making the whole unit look bad.

BTW: I agree with whoever said 40 times don't count for o-linemen.

Bull's-eye
08-24-2008, 09:43 AM
You guys never heard of a moving pocket? Bellville has run this for years, where the pocket sets up on 1 side and they allow the defense to chase from the opposite side. Guards usually pull with the QB. One note, Bellville has a left handed QB and they will pull that play to his left. QB had several nice runs off this play.

Bulligator
08-24-2008, 09:45 AM
Not your typical football position name, but I like it. They must be a cross between LB, DE & SS. What are they calling the new defense?

I don't know what they call the new defense, but after watching the two scrimmages an old memory came back. If anyone out there remembers the Texas A&M Wrecking Crew of the late 80's and 90's, that is what came to mind. For the record, I am in no way saying that the Bellville D is equal to what the WC was. I am referring to the style of play the LB's have shown with the blitzes, and the DL stunts. Bellville has good LB's and DL play, but the secondary will have to step up to prevent the big plays that this style of Defense is susceptible to. This style of play is allowed due to the speed and/or quickness of the defense this year. This may allow them to take some chances and make some big plays.

Global Swarming
08-24-2008, 11:03 AM
I don't know how well a blitzing defense is going to affect our offense. It's such a quick hitting offense the backs are through the line before the blitz has a chance to affect us. Plus we don't throw the ball enough to get hurt by it. This could lead to some big gains by the backs. Most of the passes we throw are swing passes to the backs, so the ball is out of the quarterbacks hands before you can get to him. We have alot of inexperience on this years team, but it shouldn't affect the offense at all. I just hope we can keep it close and have a chance to pull it out.

Old Tiger
08-24-2008, 11:14 AM
two teams playing one another with overzealous message board fans...awesome

nunya
08-24-2008, 11:37 AM
This post proves that people vote on a program's playoff tradition. Truth is, these two programs almost mirror each other in size and potential every year and their scores against each other have proven it.

Bull's-eye
08-24-2008, 11:47 AM
Bellville may be like the Dallas Cowboys of 3A Downlow, you either love them or hate them.

Old Tiger
08-24-2008, 11:54 AM
Bellville may be like the Dallas Cowboys of 3A Downlow, you either love them or hate them. and their fans are like the village idiots

Bull's-eye
08-24-2008, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
and their fans are like the village idiots

Very uncalled for, there are some really good and knowledgeable fans from Bellville, but none of them post on this board. :D

nunya
08-24-2008, 11:59 AM
and their fans are like the village idiots

still sour over the bi-district loss a few years back to the Bulls, eh?

Old Tiger
08-24-2008, 12:00 PM
still sour over the bi-district loss a few years back to the Bulls, eh? no i don't live in the past...nice try though ;)

once your season starts to go sour(not saying it will) all you bellville cats will disappear

Bull's-eye
08-24-2008, 12:03 PM
still sour over the bi-district loss a few years back to the Bulls, eh?

Then why call their fans village idiots?? Must be sore about something Go Blue.

nunya
08-24-2008, 12:03 PM
no i don't live in the past...nice try though ;)

once your season starts to go sour(not saying it will) all you bellville cats will disappear

Sounds like ROckdale with the exception of you and BBDE, I hear

Old Tiger
08-24-2008, 12:06 PM
Then why call their fans village idiots?? Must be sore about something Go Blue. you know me bull's-eye i'm just a negative nancy :(

Bull's-eye
08-24-2008, 12:10 PM
you know me bull's-eye i'm just a negative nancy :(

You're very tough behind that computer screen, hope you are just as tough on the football field.

nunya
08-24-2008, 12:10 PM
Click on video. Sounds like defense is all that needs some fine tuning.

http://www.kbtx.com/sports/headlines/27321534.html

Old Tiger
08-24-2008, 12:11 PM
You're very tough behind that computer screen, hope you are just as tough on the football field. lol i'm tough in person if i'm right(ask the navasota fans about the LH/navasota M&G at halftime last year). I talked a lot of crap during football games but thats in the past so its like whatever now

Bull's-eye
08-24-2008, 12:22 PM
Click on video. Sounds like defense is all that needs some fine tuning.

http://www.kbtx.com/sports/headlines/27321534.html

Good post Nunya! Are you from Caldwell? I got some distant relatives in Caldwell and have been to the Kolache festival a few times. Is the "voice" still doing the games on radio? Hopefully, I will get to see him.

KL3
08-24-2008, 12:29 PM
Truth is, these two programs almost mirror each other in size and potential every year and their scores against each other have proven it.

This is not true at all. In the past 22 years Bellville is 163-84 (66% winning percentage) and Caldwell is 104-119 (47% winning percentage). I used 22 years b/c that is what texasfootballratings.com had.

If you want to look at the last 10 years Bellville is 88-32 (73%) and Caldwell is 53-52.

Bellville has had 7 seasons of 9 or more wins. Caldwell has had 3. Bellville has had regional championships and several long playoff runs. The farthest Caldwell has gone is into the 2nd round of the playoffs.

Bull19
08-24-2008, 12:33 PM
This be even more clear when they play the better teams like Livingston, Navasota, Giddings and La Grange. Must say again THE OFFENSIVE LINE IS THE WEAK LINK. Bellville has high powered backs. Like the defense, but again the line will let them down. i have to agree with you. the o-line does seem to be bellville's main weak spot right now. if they play at the level they are capable of though their shouldnt be much of a problem. the backs are good enough to pick up most of the slack and im sure by the time district rolls around the line will be just fine.

the new defense is a beast though. the only problem i forsee is a good passing team could possibly have a field day with bellville's new aggresive defense.

brahmafan01
08-24-2008, 12:51 PM
So Rancher, your'e telling me a 40 yard dash means nothing? If it meant nothing why would it be focused on so much in making times better for the players. And as for being slow, I can guarantee you that Bellvilles center ran a sub 4.6 40 multiple times throughout the year. I know this because it is up on the wall in thier weightroom. It has the top ten times. And not to mention he has the second fastest shuttle time which is like a 4.1. So I would just like for you to explain how that is SLOW? I'm just a little confused. And I'm am sure he would be happy to meet you in person and have you time him yourself just to make sure there is no "time cushioning".

Old Tiger
08-24-2008, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by brahmafan01
So Rancher, your'e telling me a 40 yard dash means nothing? If it meant nothing why would it be focused on so much in making times better for the players. And as for being slow, I can guarantee you that Bellvilles center ran a sub 4.6 40 multiple times throughout the year. I know this because it is up on the wall in thier weightroom. It has the top ten times. And not to mention he has the second fastest shuttle time which is like a 4.1. So I would just like for you to explain how that is SLOW? I'm just a little confused. And I'm am sure he would be happy to meet you in person and have you time him yourself just to make sure there is no "time cushioning". LH isn't all that fast when it comes to fortys and track but they have football speed :)

brahmafan01
08-24-2008, 01:04 PM
LH isn't all that fast when it comes to fortys and track but they have football speed :)

SO DOES BELLVILLE!!!!!!!!!

Old Tiger
08-24-2008, 01:05 PM
SO DOES BELLVILLE!!!!!!!!! for real?

nunya
08-24-2008, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by KL3
This is not true at all. In the past 22 years Bellville is 163-84 (66% winning percentage) and Caldwell is 104-119 (47% winning percentage). I used 22 years b/c that is what texasfootballratings.com had.

If you want to look at the last 10 years Bellville is 88-32 (73%) and Caldwell is 53-52.

Bellville has had 7 seasons of 9 or more wins. Caldwell has had 3. Bellville has had regional championships and several long playoff runs. The farthest Caldwell has gone is into the 2nd round of the playoffs.

So won't life suck for you if Caldwell wins?

BTW, replace your wins over unknown Houston schools with the likes of Robinson, Hutto, Liberty Hill, Lake Travis and Mexia in non-district in the past 10 years and then we'll talk.

Bull19
08-24-2008, 01:06 PM
So Rancher, your'e telling me a 40 yard dash means nothing? If it meant nothing why would it be focused on so much in making times better for the players. And as for being slow, I can guarantee you that Bellvilles center ran a sub 4.6 40 multiple times throughout the year. I know this because it is up on the wall in thier weightroom. It has the top ten times. And not to mention he has the second fastest shuttle time which is like a 4.1. So I would just like for you to explain how that is SLOW? I'm just a little confused. And I'm am sure he would be happy to meet you in person and have you time him yourself just to make sure there is no "time cushioning".
HE IS SAYING THE 40 TIMES FOR A LINEMAN ARE BASICALLY WORTHLESS. A LINEMAN SPRINTING FORTY YARDS DURING A FOOTBALL GAME NEVER HAPPEN. HENCE WHY THE TIME IS WORTHLESS. SHUTTLE TIMES ARE MORE NOTEWORTHY THAN THE 40 WHEN IT COMES TO A LINEMAN

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-24-2008, 01:08 PM

What are you smokin? Were you at last years game in Sealy, the Tigers were the ones that were trash-talking. I remember Bellville was up 35 to 7 and the Tigers stop Bellvilles big back for a loss and Sealy danced around him like they just got a good prize out of their Cracker Jack Box, and this crap happend throughout the game by sealy.
Lets ask Columbus if Sealy does any trash-talkin.
No tiger4joke your tigers are #1 in that class when it come to cheap-shots, and trash talkin!

Old Tiger
08-24-2008, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
HE IS SAYING THE 40 TIMES FOR A LINEMAN ARE BASICALLY WORTHLESS. A LINEMAN SPRINTING FORTY YARDS DURING A FOOTBALL GAME NEVER HAPPEN. HENCE WHY THE TIME IS WORTHLESS. SHUTTLE TIMES ARE MORE NOTEWORTHY THAN THE 40 WHEN IT COMES TO A LINEMAN forty is all about explosiveness and speed....so you're saying you would want your linement running 6 second fortys going up against defensive guys who can run 4.6-4.8 they'd get killed everytime

Necks_Fan
08-24-2008, 01:12 PM
So Rancher, your'e telling me a 40 yard dash means nothing? If it meant nothing why would it be focused on so much in making times better for the players. And as for being slow, I can guarantee you that Bellvilles center ran a sub 4.6 40 multiple times throughout the year. I know this because it is up on the wall in thier weightroom. It has the top ten times. And not to mention he has the second fastest shuttle time which is like a 4.1. So I would just like for you to explain how that is SLOW? I'm just a little confused. And I'm am sure he would be happy to meet you in person and have you time him yourself just to make sure there is no "time cushioning". Lol. I guess you didn't get the memo. 40 times mean NOTHING for O lineman..... maybe for other players it means something.

O lineman need quickness, strength, and a goos scheme..... not a a fast 40 yd dash.....

I still think way too much stock is put into how fast a player can run in shorts and a tee in the open field....

I doubt that bellville has a lineman that runs a sub 4.6

LH Panther Mom
08-24-2008, 02:48 PM
BTW, replace your wins over unknown Houston schools with the likes of Robinson, Hutto, Liberty Hill, Lake Travis and Mexia in non-district in the past 10 years and then we'll talk. Say what?????? What 10 year time period are you looking at that Caldwell beat Liberty Hill? :doh: :doh:

GO HORNETS!

LH Panther Mom
08-24-2008, 02:50 PM
HE IS SAYING THE 40 TIMES FOR A LINEMAN ARE BASICALLY WORTHLESS. A LINEMAN SPRINTING FORTY YARDS DURING A FOOTBALL GAME NEVER HAPPEN.
Yes, it DOES happen.

Old Tiger
08-24-2008, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Yes, it DOES happen. its funny when the safety is running scared :D

nunya
08-24-2008, 03:00 PM
Say what?????? What 10 year time period are you looking at that Caldwell beat Liberty Hill? :doh: :doh:

GO HORNETS!

Reread the post fella. Wasn't talking about beating. Just saying Bellville's sked hasn't always been THAT tough. Caldwell's records in the past decade makes the program appear less competitive than it is or at least has become in the past five years mainly because of who they've played.

You can't say Bellville has outclassed Caldwell to the degree those records sugggest if you're honest with yourself.

For a clearer indication of how the program match up, look at head-to-head scores over the past 10 years. You can't say they haven't been doozies several times.

Bull's-eye
08-24-2008, 03:05 PM
They can not always schedule good teams due to being put in a smaller district or when the UIL makes you scramble to find opponents. They tried to get Wimberley a few years ago, but both teams couldn't get their schedule to match. They have played good teams and defeated good teams in the playoffs. Giddings, Navasota, Sealy & La Grange have a rich history of playing good football and Bellville has played these teams for many years.

Bull19
08-24-2008, 03:12 PM
Yes, it DOES happen.

??? YOUR TELLING ME YOU HAVE SEEN A LINEMAN SPRINT FROM THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE 40 YARDS TO LAY A BLOCK????:rolleyes:

lineman do not SPRINT 40 yards during a play. sure they sometime pull and become lead blockers for a pitch or what have you, but they do not SPRINT 40 yards during a play.

Old Tiger
08-24-2008, 03:17 PM
??? YOUR TELLING ME YOU HAVE SEEN A LINEMAN SPRINT FROM THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE 40 YARDS TO LAY A BLOCK????:rolleyes:

lineman do not SPRINT 40 yards during a play. sure they sometime pull and become lead blockers for a pitch or what have you, but they do not SPRINT 40 yards during a play. they can and do brotha i've seen it happen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA_5J_s1fSA
about the 4:10 mark in particular

Bull's-eye
08-24-2008, 03:18 PM
lineman do not SPRINT 40 yards during a play. sure they sometime pull and become lead blockers for a pitch or what have you, but they do not SPRINT 40 yards during a play.

Most of them make their block and then they watch as the RB sprints downfield. Some might even holler "Go" or grab some popcorn. :1popcorn: :1popcorn:

LH Panther Mom
08-24-2008, 03:22 PM
they can and do brotha i've seen it happen

about the 4:10 mark in particular
:kiss: :kiss: :thumbsup:

LH Panther Mom
08-24-2008, 03:23 PM
Reread the post fella. Wasn't talking about beating.
Okay, we're on the same page now, other than I'm not a "fella". :doh: :doh:

Bull19
08-24-2008, 03:25 PM
they can and do brotha i've seen it happen

about the 4:10 mark in particular "the beast" ???:rolleyes: what a joke. im not gunna waste any of my time watching a highlight video of any lineman who is selfish enough to label himself "the beast".

LH Panther Mom
08-24-2008, 03:27 PM
"the beast" ???:rolleyes: what a joke. im not gunna waste any of my time watching a highlight video of any lineman who is selfish enough to label himself "the beast".
He didn't label himself, a couple of coaches did about weight lifting. Don't watch it, it doesn't hurt my feelings at all if you choose not to.

nunya
08-24-2008, 03:29 PM
They can not always schedule good teams due to being put in a smaller district or when the UIL makes you scramble to find opponents. They tried to get Wimberley a few years ago, but both teams couldn't get their schedule to match. They have played good teams and defeated good teams in the playoffs. Giddings, Navasota, Sealy & La Grange have a rich history of playing good football and Bellville has played these teams for many years.

and Caldwell can relate. Cameron, Marlin, Giddings, La Grange, etc

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-24-2008, 03:31 PM
Most of them make their block and then they watch as the RB sprints downfield. Some might even holler "Go" or grab some popcorn. :1popcorn: :1popcorn:

I saw a few with hot dogs, and frito pie!

nunya
08-24-2008, 03:35 PM
Okay, we're on the same page now, other than I'm not a "fella". :doh: :doh:

Sorry mom, I didn't realize you wrote it.

KL3
08-24-2008, 04:43 PM
You can't say Bellville has outclassed Caldwell to the degree those records sugggest if you're honest with yourself.

Yes you can say that Bellville has outclassed Caldwell as much as those records suggest. If these 2 teams have been so even, why hasn't Caldwell made it past the 2nd round of the playoffs in the last 20 years while Bellville has won a regional title and lost in 2 other regional championship games in the last 7 years? Let me guess, Caldwell has gotten matched up with the harder teams.

Necks_Fan
08-24-2008, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by KL3
Yes you can say that Bellville has outclassed Caldwell as much as those records suggest. If these 2 teams have been so even, why hasn't Caldwell made it past the 2nd round of the playoffs in the last 20 years while Bellville has won a regional title and lost in 2 other regional championship games in the last 7 years? Let me guess, Caldwell has gotten matched up with the harder teams. Can someone post the head to head matchups so we can all shut up about who has been better recently?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-24-2008, 05:04 PM
Can someone post the head to head matchups so we can all shut up about who has been better recently?

You have nothing to say on the WC post? Look at the records, look how far into the play-offs a team has been.

KL3
08-24-2008, 05:44 PM
Can someone post the head to head matchups so we can all shut up about who has been better recently?

And what would that prove? You usually judge how good a team is on how far they went into the playoffs, not if they beat a certain team during the season.

nunya
08-24-2008, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by KL3
And what would that prove? You usually judge how good a team is on how far they went into the playoffs, not if they beat a certain team during the season.

2005: Caldwell 19, Bellville 7
2006: Bellville 29, Caldwell 28
2007: Caldwell 30, Bellville 13
2008: Bellville 99, Caldwell 0

There - satisfied?

Lose the tude.

nunya
08-24-2008, 06:08 PM

startin' to wonder

zebrablue2
08-24-2008, 07:40 PM
no i don't live in the past...nice try though ;)

saying you do not live in the past is funny, and the bulls will have a very good season. good or bad I will always stand by them till the end. that is how we do it here in BELLVILLE little fella.

PS: hope you had a good 21st..

zebrablue2
08-24-2008, 07:46 PM
Sorry mom, I didn't realize you wrote it.

look before you leap nonya. don't speak to moms on this board like that. could get you the deep waters you cannot get out of....LOL..

Necks_Fan
08-24-2008, 08:40 PM
You have nothing to say on the WC post? Look at the records, look how far into the play-offs a team has been. Huh?

And I'm trying to solve this....

They want to know who is better of the two.... well post the head to head scores...

Simple....

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-24-2008, 10:23 PM

And I'm trying to solve this....
They want to know who is better of the two....
Simple...

You can solve this by cutting off your mommies computer, and taking a trip to China to start your pre-k classes.

I_DONT_CARE
08-25-2008, 06:52 AM
They want to know who is better of the two.... well post the head to head scores...

Simple....
SCROLLING IS A GOOD THING!

:thinking: IT LOOKS LIKE THE ONLY BELLVILLE WIN RECENTLY WAS VERY CLOSE, WHILE THE CALDWELL WINS WERE FAIRLY DECISIVE. NOT THAT YOU CARE WHAT MY OPINION IS. :rolleyes:

nunya
08-25-2008, 07:39 AM
They key word is "recent". Few care about programs under past coaches. You can have all the talent in the world but can do little with mediocre coaching.

Look at Liberty Hill after hiring Vance.

trg
08-25-2008, 10:28 AM
I'm backing the bulls. Don't care about the history or the talent on either team.

Bull's-eye
08-25-2008, 10:52 AM

In 2005 Bellville won 24-6

1999 Bellville 35-7
2000 Caldwell 20-13
2001 Bellville 16-15
2004 Caldwell 19-7
2005 Bellville 24-6
2006 Bellville 29-28
2007 Caldwell 30-13

Bull's-eye
08-25-2008, 11:02 AM
Caldwell has scored 70+ points on the Brahmas in the last two years.

Your math is a little off. Caldwell has only scored 58 points in the last 2 games and 64 points in the last 3 games vs Bellville. The Bulls top that with 66 points in the previous 3 matchups.

Global Swarming
08-25-2008, 11:20 AM
I really don't see how looking at scores in the past has to do with this years game. This is a different year and a different team. I don't know what the outcome will be but I can guarantee you that the games in the past years won't mean a thing come kick- off. So let's talk about this year's teams. You can't judge who's team is better by looking at the past.

Bull's-eye
08-25-2008, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Global Swarming
I really don't see how looking at scores in the past has to do with this years game. This is a different year and a different team.

I agree, but one of the posters asked for the scores. There was also some misinformation in some previous posts.

OldBison75
08-25-2008, 02:45 PM
I think I detect that somebody in each city is getting touchy!!! Well, I'e said it about this matchup before and I'll say it again, both teams are well coached and have top notch athletes. Caldwell runs the Slot T (similar to Liberty Hill but not as refined). Bellville is multi-formation and can run and pass effectively. I believe that Caldwell will score alot of points but don't know about the defense being that good. Bellville will have a respectful offense and put up points and I believe the defense will also be respectable. Therefore, I pick bellville in this one by a touchdown. Last team with the ball will likely be trying for the tying score when time runs out on a last second scoring opportunity.

Necks_Fan
08-25-2008, 03:16 PM
You can solve this by cutting off your mommies computer, and taking a trip to China to start your pre-k classes. Lol. It's actually my gramps' computer.....

But man, you sure do get pissed off easily.... Lol.

BV Sports Fan
08-25-2008, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
I think I detect that somebody in each city is getting touchy!!! Well, I'e said it about this matchup before and I'll say it again, both teams are well coached and have top notch athletes. Caldwell runs the Slot T (similar to Liberty Hill but not as refined). Bellville is multi-formation and can run and pass effectively. I believe that Caldwell will score alot of points but don't know about the defense being that good. Bellville will have a respectful offense and put up points and I believe the defense will also be respectable. Therefore, I pick bellville in this one by a touchdown. Last team with the ball will likely be trying for the tying score when time runs out on a last second scoring opportunity.

Good insight into a great rivalry game. If Caldwell gets a lead, they will grind the clock and most likely win. If Bellville pops a few early TD's on the inexperienced Hornet D, it could be a rout.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-25-2008, 08:57 PM
Caldwell has scored 70+ points on the Brahmas in the last two years. .

70 plus? the last 2 years, were did you go to school? Did they teach you how to add?

BV Sports Fan
08-25-2008, 10:21 PM
I had the '07 score wrong, thought they had scored more than 35. 35+29=64, not 70.

Thanks for your smart a** reply, typical of a Bellville fan on this sight.

Since the Hornets went to the slot-T, they have gashed Bellville on defense. They melted in the 4th quarter in '07. Otherwise they would have beaten Bellville 3 out of the 4 years and would have been in the playoffs both of the last two years. If ifs and buts were candy and nuts......

They are on track offensively to put up tons of points this year. If they figure out how to play defense, it will be a long night Friday for the Brahmas.

IHStangFan
08-25-2008, 10:24 PM
Man, this is a tough one...but I'm gonna take Bellville....I'm partial to them via their geographical location and the fact .....I just like Bellville....nice little town. :D

Bellville 31
Caldwell 28

bvillebrahma010
08-25-2008, 11:06 PM
LOL i was watching some video of the hornets in their scrimmages, and their middle linebacker went to tackle the quarterback of the opposing team as he stood in the pocket... (hence he was not moving at all) As the linebacker went to tackle, the quarterback lowered his shoulder and straight trucked the middle linebacker... i dont care who the quarterback is, if the middle linebacker gets punked by him, that may be a sign of how well rounded the defense is... i laughed very hard for quite some time!!

zebrablue2
08-25-2008, 11:13 PM
I had the '07 score wrong, thought they had scored more than 35. 35+29=64, not 70.

Since the Hornets went to the slot-T, they have gashed Bellville on defense. They melted in the 4th quarter in '07. Otherwise they would have beaten Bellville 3 out of the 4 years and would have been in the playoffs both of the last two years. If ifs and buts were candy and nuts......

They are on track offensively to put up tons of points this year. If they figure out how to play defense, it will be a long night Friday for the Brahmas.

I will promise you a not so long night for the BULLS on friday night. and as far as your smart a** attitude 9 post's in to this board-- well welcome to the board...

Bull's-eye
08-26-2008, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
I will promise you a not so long night for the BULLS on friday night. and as far as your smart a** attitude 9 post's in to this board-- well welcome to the board...

Zebrablue2, this doesn't sound at all like you. I guess we are all tired of the smack, let the games begin!

buff4ever
08-26-2008, 08:29 AM
bellville by two scores in this one. Bellville will be better than caldwell on both sides of the ball.

Bull19
08-26-2008, 11:52 AM
caldwell will be lucky to put up 21 points on the score board.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-26-2008, 01:56 PM

Hey 9 post rookie. you were the one saying Caldwell beat Bellville by 70++++, you did say Plus making it sound like it was over 70, you sonny boy are the smart A**. You are one who is saying things that are not true. You must want to be a Bellville fan, but since you cant you have to make fun. Watch what you say, if you cant get the facts right!

Global Swarming
08-26-2008, 01:57 PM
Unless your defense is alot better this year than it was last year, Bellville will be lucky that we don't put that much on the board before halftime. Our offense will be there. It's our secondary that has had problems so far. Hopefully we get it all ironed out before Friday.

Necks_Fan
08-26-2008, 04:40 PM
Bellville by 3 TDS.

I think 38 to 17 sounds good.... Who knows though?

After all, I know nothing about the teams in D 25.:(

Bull's-eye
08-26-2008, 05:58 PM
Unless your defense is alot better this year than it was last year, Bellville will be lucky that we don't put that much on the board before halftime.

They have gone to a new defense, and if the scrimmages are any indication, they should be very tough against the run. Both Brenham & Needville struggled running the ball.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-26-2008, 06:44 PM
Unless your defense is alot better this year than it was last year, Bellville will be lucky that we don't put that much on the board before halftime. .

They are a little better. lasy year they had starters out vs Caldwell and those players will be back.

nunya
08-26-2008, 06:55 PM
They are a little better. lasy year they had starters out vs Caldwell and those players will be back.

I never did hear, but what was so bad about the program last year that made all those Bellville players quit? Just curious.

rancher
08-26-2008, 08:05 PM
LACK OF CHARACTER AND PRIDE.

bvillebrahma010
08-26-2008, 11:26 PM
yeah you know us bellville people, that major lack of pride and character we have! rancher your a scrub! go feed ur cows n corn!!

nunya
08-26-2008, 11:31 PM
They have gone to a new defense, and if the scrimmages are any indication, they should be very tough against the run. Both Brenham & Needville struggled running the ball.

and both Brenham and Needville reportedly had limited speed and experience. Even Caldwell's JV fared well last season, going 6-4 and losing some close games. A lot of the Hornets' returnees this season got some playing time in the playoffs so they know what to expect. The key is playing four full quarters and not three and some change.

Pudlugger
08-27-2008, 07:57 AM
What happened last year in Bellville when several of their better players quit was very unusual in a town where pride in their football program is legendary. Kids sometimes make choices that seem good at the time but lead to regret latter. Playing on a winning high school football team is a privilege and honor. It is something one will be proud of for a lifetime. Those players who persevered last season in the face of adversity are the real winners here. This season Bellville will be better for it. I firmly believe that adversity not only builds character but reveals it as well. Watch out for this Brahma football team in 2008. They will be good. That is coming from a die hard La Grange fan BTW.

Bull's-eye
08-27-2008, 08:44 AM
and both Brenham and Needville reportedly had limited speed and experience.

Brenham has plenty of speed, but I agree they are very young. Look for them to improve and be ready for district play. Don't discount Needville, they may be young in certain areas, but they are a very solid team. The QB could be something special and they do have a very hard hitting defense.

rancher
08-27-2008, 08:59 AM
Both of my sons played for Huey in the 90's, they are still proud till this day of being part of his program. During football season, I get their calls from overseas as they are both in the military asking how did Bellville do. Look at the number of great young men from Bellville who played for or attended the service academies and are now serving our nation. I remember a few years back of a major story on Bryan Jefferies in a major Oklahoma newspaper about his dedication to the team at Oklahoma State and to the Air Force. These type of men are what brings tears to my eyes and makes me proud to have such a fine program at Bellville. Those who quit are truly "NON COMPUS MENTUS".

I also forgot to mention all of those fine men who are now playing or completed playing at the college level. They are a credit to great leadership and dedication to duty by the entire coaching staff and school at Bellville.

Bull's-eye
08-27-2008, 09:31 AM
Some of those players that quit the team had their reasons. One player actually moved to Waller, another decided to concentrate on basketball (his best sport) and still another got a track scholarship and decided not to risk injury. One player even quit to help support his family. Couple this with the Sr. MLB & Sr. CB both getting hurt, Bellville was left with little Sr. leadership.

Rancher, I wouldn't call these young men "Non Compus Mentus". Most of them had very good reasons for not playing football. They had to do what is best for themselves and we as football fans shouldn't be so selfish.

Bull19
08-27-2008, 10:09 AM
Some of those players that quit the team had their reasons. One player actually moved to Waller, another decided to concentrate on basketball (his best sport) and still another got a track scholarship and decided not to risk injury. One player even quit to help support his family. Couple this with the Sr. MLB & Sr. CB both getting hurt, Bellville was left with little Sr. leadership.

Rancher, I wouldn't call these young men "Non Compus Mentus". Most of them had very good reasons for not playing football. They had to do what is best for themselves and we as football fans shouldn't be so selfish. :clap: :clap: great post. couldn't have said it any better

Reds fan
08-27-2008, 10:12 AM

Rancher, I wouldn't call these young men "Non Compus Mentus". Most of them had very good reasons for not playing football. They had to do what is best for themselves and we as football fans shouldn't be so selfish.

:iagree:

Bulls take this game by 9....

Pudlugger
08-27-2008, 10:33 AM

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Bull's-eye
08-29-2008, 01:11 PM
Game night, looks like everybody has made their posts and there isn't much more to talk about. Reading the Bellville Times, the coach is very excited about this year's team. They seem to like not having all the hype of being a highly rated team and are enjoying the role of being a team that could surprise some of the experts. Several of the players have caught my eye, especially the young LB's. They have added more size and have really filled out. The new defense has looked like they can bring the "Pain" back to the Pasture. The offensive line may be inexperienced, but I believe they will do a good job. The center is very fast (some were arguing that) and the coach stated he could of been a great TE with his speed. QB play may start slow, but that should be one of their strengths come district play.

Safe travel & good luck to both teams and their fans! See ya at the Pasture.

nunya
08-29-2008, 01:24 PM
I heard that a few Caldwell starters were hit by the flu bug. Could be a long night.

LH Panther Mom
08-29-2008, 01:26 PM
ProudHornetMom - best of luck to your son...tell him "GATA" from me! :cheerl: