PDA

View Full Version : WC vs Santa Fe scrimmage

scrub c
08-22-2008, 02:15 PM
Has been moved to WC.

Will include the usual, start the scrimmage with the 15 plays for 1's and 2's then some special teams, then the live portion.

Necks_Fan
08-22-2008, 02:20 PM
Sweet, Dex already told me this, but now I dont have to drive to
Santa Fe....

Fresh and JV start at 6?

Also, you said Bay City-St Pius is at Griggs tomorrow?

scrub c
08-22-2008, 02:31 PM
yes, they are coming to WC to scrimmage.
I heard around 10 am

Bull's-eye
08-22-2008, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by scrub c
I heard around 10 am

Is this on Saturday morning? If it is, I might have to check out the Necks.

Necks_Fan
08-22-2008, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Is this on Saturday morning? If it is, I might have to check out the Necks. Scrub was talki8ng about the St Pius Bay City scrimmage....

WC-Santa Fe was tonight.

Necks_Fan
08-22-2008, 09:45 PM
Well, here goes my thoughts on WC and Santa Fe.

WC 1
SF 0

WC dominated the live portion.....

Santa Fe managed 2 first downs on 4 drives (both on one drive)

WC's running game looked VERY strong using a combo of Chasmine Woodard, Dexter Lewis- TD, Dylan Johnican, John Holmes, and Trey Merritt.

Raley wasn't as pin point as last week but still threw some nice passes.

WR's looked ALOT better than last week.

Pass Defense is still giving us trouble.... Santa Fe aired it out and we got beat a few times but they only completed one pass for a first down...

Our Run D looked AWESOME.... other than one long pass play, WC held Santa Fe to about 10-15 yds total offense on 4 drives.

WC looked a little banged up. Kicker and little Flannel were not playing. Hm.

Anyway, I would say WC looked improved over last week. They could use a little work on the O line and secondary. With a bit of help, they looked poised to make a run at the DC.

Should be a tough order though. Sweeny, Needville, and BR all sound impressive so far.

Good Job Necks!

scrub c
08-22-2008, 10:56 PM
I thought the Necks stunk it up until the live portion of the scrimmage. And then they were average at best. This team needs a lot of work. Could not run the ball consistently, threw it around pretty well when the qb had time, but overall, the OLINE has to come on or it will be a long year.

Necks_Fan
08-23-2008, 11:17 AM
I thought the Necks stunk it up until the live portion of the scrimmage. I never said anything about the controlled part....

Santa Fe's qb ran a LONG td on us, but those were the 2nd teams and we just had players mixed and matched out there.

I put alot more stock into the actual play.

gato 76
08-23-2008, 12:17 PM
I heard around 10 am

If you where at the Bay City / St Pius scrimmage let me kow how they did,there defense is suppose to be very good.They also changed the offense from a spread to a wing t formation.

scrub c
08-23-2008, 07:38 PM
went up there, it was hot and mosquitoes were BAD!!!

SO I left very quickly.

St Pius is HUGE! Fresh and JV (didnt see the varsity)

Bay City was in a wing t looking offense.
It was hard to concentrate while slapping horse fly size mosquitos... So I left.