PDA

View Full Version : Wharton Scrimmage

TIGER FAN
08-22-2008, 12:40 PM
Any word on how the scrimmage went last night for the Tigers?

scrub c
08-22-2008, 12:50 PM
Word is Wharton tore them up pretty bad.

gato 76
08-22-2008, 02:03 PM
Who did the tigers scrimmage?

TIGER FAN
08-22-2008, 02:04 PM
Great to hear that! Maybe things are starting to click and fall into place for the Tigers. Can't wait until next weeks first game!

scrub c
08-22-2008, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by gato 76
Who did the tigers scrimmage?

Schulenburg

duke55
08-22-2008, 02:29 PM
they probally did.. schulenburg isnt looking good.....

rhs78
08-22-2008, 03:12 PM
From another site:
wharton had 2 boys to our 1....and they were BIG....horns looked a lot better last night...i think it was like 2 or 3-1 wharton and in the "real" quarter we played it was like 2-1 the burg....wharton passed a lot...i try to keep count but always get to talking and deciphering in the stands and loose count...but i was happy to see schulenburg improved over last week...can't wait til next friday...plus i will have the scoreboard to help me count!!!!!

Sounds like it was closer than Warton tearing them up. We will see next friday what the Tigers have at the Swamp,;)

gato 76
08-22-2008, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by rhs78
From another site:
wharton had 2 boys to our 1....and they were BIG....horns looked a lot better last night...i think it was like 2 or 3-1 wharton and in the "real" quarter we played it was like 2-1 the burg....wharton passed a lot...i try to keep count but always get to talking and deciphering in the stands and loose count...but i was happy to see schulenburg improved over last week...can't wait til next friday...plus i will have the scoreboard to help me count!!!!!

Sounds like it was closer than Warton tearing them up. We will see next friday what the Tigers have at the Swamp,;)

Was wharton in a spread formation or split veer on offense?

raider red 2000
08-23-2008, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by gato 76
Was wharton in a spread formation or split veer on offense?

split back veer.

gato 76
08-23-2008, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
split back veer.

Thats good looks like thats going to be a good offense.Will coach hunt also use a spread formation to,i read in the paper that he might use 2 QB'S?

Antec
08-23-2008, 09:15 AM
But Tigers have Rice Friday in Altair.

The Raiders are always tough in The Swamp

fireman1
08-23-2008, 09:47 AM
thats great to hear that the tigers did good at the scrimmage hopefully they can keep it up and even get alil better but Rice is goin to be tough they always are and its always a good game to watch and play sounds like the veer is the formation they will run most the time but depending on our o-line and pass protection i think we have enough speed to have a spread O also

gato 76
08-23-2008, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by fireman1
thats great to hear that the tigers did good at the scrimmage hopefully they can keep it up and even get alil better but Rice is goin to be tough they always are and its always a good game to watch and play sounds like the veer is the formation they will run most the time but depending on our o-line and pass protection i think we have enough speed to have a spread O also

The split veer will be a good offense for the tigers,its just going to take some time to get use to it.The O line play will be a key factor but you don't need to have huge linemen to excute this offense just qiuckness good blocking fundamentals.I see the tigers beating some good people this,then watch out.