PDA

View Full Version : I am on a quest...

Ranger Mom
08-22-2008, 11:43 AM
to find a toy for my donkey!

Every morning when I go out to feed, he is either playing with his feed bowl, or has taken it off in the pasture and I have to go find it!!

I found a place that has a ball made for a horse....hopefully, donkeys like it too!!!

Pick6
08-22-2008, 11:45 AM
I think this feller has a toy or something that the donkey wants.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ez9RoY70g8o

crzyjournalist03
08-22-2008, 11:59 AM
I hope he doesn't act like an ass when you give him the gift that you've bought for him.

Ranger Mom
08-22-2008, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
I hope he doesn't act like an ass when you give him the gift that you've bought for him.

:D :D

J.D. is now the proud owner of a Jolly Ball!!

http://www.jollypets.com/graphics/hpgraphics/product/jollyballs.jpg

pirate4state
08-22-2008, 01:11 PM
oh my word...........i am :spitlol: :spitlol: you crack me up Kellye!!!

44INAROW
08-22-2008, 01:15 PM
Kellye - did you see the youtube on the page with the Man and his Donkey - looked like the RIO show.........:D :D :D :D

Ranger Mom
08-22-2008, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Kellye - did you see the youtube on the page with the Man and his Donkey - looked like the RIO show.........:D :D :D :D

ROFL, that is exactly what I thought! As a matter of fact, I noticed a video underneath it that had a dog...I chose not to click on it and investigate further!!!:D

jason
08-22-2008, 01:59 PM
might try a female donkey...

CenTexSports
08-22-2008, 02:53 PM
I am moved that you named your A-- after me. Thanks

CenTexSports
08-22-2008, 02:53 PM
So I used the A!

Ranger Mom
08-22-2008, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
I am moved that you named your A-- after me. Thanks

J.D??

Your name is Jack Donkey too?? What a coincidence!!

CenTexSports
08-22-2008, 03:01 PM
Haha! I have been called worse but my first two initials are JD.

Necks_Fan
08-22-2008, 09:54 PM
You have a donkey? Lol.

Ranger Mom
08-22-2008, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
You have a donkey? Lol.

It is actually my sons, but he lives in an apartment ( my son, not the donkey)....so he keeps him out here in my pasture.

He is like a big dog...TONS of personality!!

Necks_Fan
08-22-2008, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
It is actually my sons, but he lives in an apartment ( my son, not the donkey)....so he keeps him out here in my pasture.

He is like a big dog...TONS of personality!! LOL. So you have a donkey.

And a pasture.... well.... I guess people are different in your mind until you meet them.

zebrablue2
08-23-2008, 04:11 AM
Originally posted by jason
might try a female donkey...

ROFL.:D

Ranger Mom
08-23-2008, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
LOL. So you have a donkey.

And a pasture.... well.... I guess people are different in your mind until you meet them.

You didn't think I was a "city girl" did ya??

Necks_Fan
08-23-2008, 11:39 AM
You didn't think I was a "city girl" did ya?? More like a "Small Town Mom" and less of the "redneck donkey owning mom."

Lol.:D

Old Dog
08-23-2008, 12:38 PM
Ranger Mom, let us know how the ball works with your jackass. Ours does the same thing with her feed tub, and she's always messsing with the float on the water tank......guess she is just bored. If I had to hang with a bunch of goats I would be bored too, I suppose!

Ranger Mom
09-23-2008, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by Old Dog
Ranger Mom, let us know how the ball works with your jackass. Ours does the same thing with her feed tub, and she's always messsing with the float on the water tank......guess she is just bored. If I had to hang with a bunch of goats I would be bored too, I suppose!

The jolly ball was a big DUD! The donkey still consistently carries the feed bowls around, but he never gave the ball a second glance.

I threw it in the back yard and the dogs LOVE it!!!

sinton66
09-23-2008, 08:28 PM
My older brother would suggest purchasing a 2x4.

Ranger Mom
09-23-2008, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
My older brother would suggest purchasing a 2x4.

To hit it with???

That dang donkey got out a couple of weeks ago....talk about 2 hours of sheer hell!!

He ran onto the road in front of our house...and then just stood there!!
We finally chased him over to the corner of our neighbors yard.

We finally had to call a "cowboy" friend of ours to help us. The donkey wouldn't let anyone but me near him, so I was finally able to slip a rope around his neck and they put another rope around his butt....they had to physically drag him all the way home, he never took one single step on his own!!!

A couple of days later he AND the horse got out and I was here alone. I had to pull all the vehicles in front of our 4 entrances to the house to keep them corralled until I could figure out how to get them back in and how to KEEP them in.

Luckily, the horse loves me so he followed me back like a dog and the donkey followed him.

I fixed the fence as best I could and when I went to feed that night the horse was out AGAIN!! I got him back in, put some more T-posts in and hoped that would hold him

No such luck...I woke up to the dogs barking at 2 in the morning and I'll be darned if he wasn't out again. I got my son to come help me figure out where he was getting out...and he found a fence post on our neighbors fence that would just lean over when pushed on.

That was how they were getting out the entire time....and all my "fixes" were for naught!!

I am not a cowgirl, I am way out of my element!

Trashman
09-23-2008, 10:28 PM
How do you put a rope around a donkeys butt? Just curious, never seen that one before.

Ranger Mom
09-24-2008, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by Trashman
How do you put a rope around a donkeys butt? Just curious, never seen that one before.

You just loop it around their backside and pull them along!

sinton66
09-24-2008, 08:12 PM
To hit it with???

Well.... you have to get his attention somehow...:D

Ranger Mom
09-24-2008, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Well.... you have to get his attention somehow...:D

I had his attention, it was just his cooperation I lacked!!:p