PDA

View Full Version : La Grange hosts Lockhart week 0

Pudlugger
08-22-2008, 10:30 AM
Well after a bruising two weeks scrimmaging two top 3a teams the Leps will take their game into Leopard Stadium to open the season against the 4a Lockhart Lions. Last year this game was called for lightening. The year before the Leps won 12-0 in Lockhart IIRC. Both teams are young this season. The Lions run the wing T offense, so the Leps, having faced the best wing t in 3a in the first scrimmage with Liberty Hill, should be well prepared. Hopefully they will get their offense going, limit their mistakes and tighten up on D to win this season opener.

buff4life
08-22-2008, 01:11 PM
I thought Lockhart ran more of the veer/wing T like Giddings versus the slot T of LH...not sure though

Pudlugger
08-22-2008, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
I thought Lockhart ran more of the veer/wing T like Giddings versus the slot T of LH...not sure though

That may be I'm not positive, only going on what little I've heard on the board.

Say Buff, what's up with the Buffalo Stadium parking lot? It's all torn up and the new surface isn't in yet. This could be a real mess if not done by game night. When it is done it will be a huge improvement over the old dirt lot. Good luck next week. :)

LH Panther Mom
08-22-2008, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
Say Buff, what's up with the Buffalo Stadium parking lot? It's all torn up and the new surface isn't in yet. :doh: :doh: I knew I forgot to ask something and that was it.

Old Green
08-22-2008, 04:35 PM
I liked what I saw in the La Grange QB's and wr's. Both QB's could pass, and the two Wr's had good hands. That one Qb , the larger of the two is a very good runner. He's not afraid to lower the pads and hit you for the extra yards. A couple of games more and the Leopards will have their timing down on those passing routes and will hold their own come district. Good luck LG Leopards:clap:

Pudlugger
08-22-2008, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
I liked what I saw in the La Grange QB's and wr's. Both QB's could pass, and the two Wr's had good hands. That one Qb , the larger of the two is a very good runner. He's not afraid to lower the pads and hit you for the extra yards. A couple of games more and the Leopards will have their timing down on those passing routes and will hold their own come district. Good luck LG Leopards:clap:

Yes, the Lep offense has great potential. The qb situation is interesting. The senior qb is the strong runner and has a strong arm. The junior qb has great accuracy and gets the ball to the receivers quickly and also runs the ball well. Whichever one that takes command as the team leader will get the nod. Either way the Leps have depth in this key position.

LHexPlayer
08-22-2008, 05:42 PM
Yes, the Lep offense has great potential. The qb situation is interesting. The senior qb is the strong runner and has a strong arm. The junior qb has great accuracy and gets the ball to the receivers quickly and also runs the ball well. Whichever one that takes command as the team leader will get the nod. Either way the Leps have depth in this key position.

I agree, you guys have two good Qbs. You guys might need them if you cannot keep the pressure off them. Hopefully your screen passing game and your draw running game will keep defenses from blitzing like crazy. Good luck La Grange, I will try to keep up with how you guys do.

TRENCHES06
08-22-2008, 05:42 PM
The bigger QB is the junior. Vs. Liberty Hill the senior ran better. Vs. Cuero, the Junior ran better.

I believe that they will split time early in the season

Old Green
08-22-2008, 05:43 PM
Yes, the Lep offense has great potential. The qb situation is interesting. The senior qb is the strong runner and has a strong arm. The junior qb has great accuracy and gets the ball to the receivers quickly and also runs the ball well. Whichever one that takes command as the team leader will get the nod. Either way the Leps have depth in this key position. Yep ! That's an enviable situation to be in. Two very good QB's. Both can get the job done. There were a couple times last night when the Wr's had to wait on the ball or come back to it. Give the leopards a little time and these pass combo's will be hard to beat. The Wr's several time last night were just a step or two away from breaking all the way.:thumbsup:

buff4life
08-22-2008, 08:10 PM
That may be I'm not positive, only going on what little I've heard on the board.

Say Buff, what's up with the Buffalo Stadium parking lot? It's all torn up and the new surface isn't in yet. This could be a real mess if not done by game night. When it is done it will be a huge improvement over the old dirt lot. Good luck next week. :)

the parking lot is done and they are striping it this weekend i think the parking will be more limited than the old lot but that will eventually be the visitors parking lot once the stadium is redone and the home side is on the other side, LH people bare with us as we are in the process of building a new awesome high school and parking might be an issue for a big game

Pudlugger
08-23-2008, 06:00 AM
Who will be the starting qb Friday? Will it be Henderson the senior or Schneider the junior? The coach has a tough decision to make here as both look very good.