PDA

View Full Version : Gilmer vs. New Boston Scrimmage

easttexas3a
08-22-2008, 12:08 AM
Gilmer won the set plays 3-0. Gilmer won the live period 14-0.

Pros - Gilmer's offensive line played much better, and it showed in the running game, Jeremy Jackson ran the ball well, as did the other backs in which i haven't picked up their names yet. Stump also had one nice long run in the live quater. The defense looked improved as well as they were able to tackle a little better, and didn't seem to have as many mental mistakes like penalties as the last scrim.

Cons - Stump threw 2 interceptions, one was not his fault but one looked like it was on him. Not too concerning but he didn't make many mistakes during the regular season last year so it was kind of a shock. The team was missing a few starters, and a few fans in the stands told me these starters were guys that Gilmer would heavily need, you'd like those kids to be getting the practice reps, not to mention hopefully they will be ready by the time Jasper gets here.

Jasper tonight I heard defeated Nederland, a 4a team that will likely win their district. I am definitly concerned about this Jasper game, will be tough for this young buckeye team to maybe get up to that speed this early. We will see.

pirate4state
08-22-2008, 12:33 AM
good stuff ... thanks for the report

waterboy
08-22-2008, 08:16 AM
The Buckeyes looked good overall. They dominated the scrimmage. I was a little disappointed with the defense on third down situations. They gave up way too many 3rd and long conversions which concerns me. They have a ways to go defensively, but the offense was pretty good. They do need to avoid turnovers, though. The players this year are not nearly as big as last year, but I think they have more team speed. This should be a very good year once again, how good depends on how well they come together, and how bad they want it.

j_dog
08-22-2008, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by easttexas3a
..., not to mention hopefully they will be ready by the time Jasper gets here.

Jasper tonight I heard defeated Nederland, a 4a team that will likely win their district. ....
link to Nederland write-up:

http://www.panews.com/sports/local_story_235002532.html?keyword=topstory