PDA

View Full Version : Best District in Texas

BigChamp05
03-10-2003, 03:28 PM
What is the best district in Texas, girls and boys? I think 25-3A. Wimberley won state in volleyball for like the 3rd year, Llano girls lost to #1 in the nation Canyon, Wimberly guys basketball went like 30-3, D1 state runner-ups, and D2 state champs. Our baseball team isn't half bad either. What do you think?

topdawg
03-10-2003, 03:47 PM
i agree, district 25 is pretty tuff.

Jacket2000
03-10-2003, 04:14 PM
Well, for one, I dont think there's any fair way to evaluate this b/c of the biannual realignment. But, if you're just talkin' football, then it's 12-3a hands down.
J2K

Jimbotex40
03-10-2003, 06:05 PM
what teams are in 12 3A

BigChamp05
03-10-2003, 07:10 PM
Jacket, how can you go against the district who had a state champ and a state runner-up? That makes no sense.

Jacket2000
03-10-2003, 07:12 PM
Daingerfield
Atlanta
Texarkana Pleasant Grove
Texarkana Liberty-Eylau
New Boston
Queen City
J2K

Jacket2000
03-10-2003, 07:16 PM
BigChamp05:
Jacket, how can you go against the district who had a state champ and a state runner-up? That makes no sense.Well for one thing, Im not from Burnet or Bandera, so I know that there are other teams in Texas. But, mostly, b/c there were two teams in that district that had good runs THIS season(but both had a pretty easy walk during the playoff) and then there's nothing.There is no other team in the district that could even contend. 12-3a is loaded all around with teams that contend year in and year out. That's how I can do that. But, after reading your other posts, Im sure you wont be able to see that.
J2K

BigChamp05
03-10-2003, 07:26 PM
Well, considering I'm talking about this year, i don't think you can. The only way to do so is to have two state champs from the same district. You changed my question around. And look at my posts. I'm just taking the credit we earned, but still haven't gotten. I think beating six district champions to win a championship isn't exactly what i call a walk in the park. And i guarantee that Burnet will be in the chamionship next year, if they don't win it. So i still don't see how you can do that.

Jacket2000
03-10-2003, 07:31 PM
Well, I knew you wouldnt be able to. It's not hard to tell from reading your other posts. Like I told another Banderaite, 2002 is over. You have 5 months to get ready for 03. There are 31 other teams that are dying to get a piece of Bandera, and if the rest of the team is still leaning on the '02 season, then it will be an early pumpkinball season for the pups.
J2K

BigChamp05
03-10-2003, 07:40 PM
Why don't you get back to my original question. What is the best district, in all sports(this year)? No answer me. You are the one who started talking about football. Two state championships, and two runner-ups isn't bad i don't think. But thank you anyway for bringing up football, because i like to talk about last year, and the championship we won. And you know what if you won one, you would be talking about it too. Sorry. But anybody who would like to answer my original question, or tell us about how we aren't a good team, or whatever, go ahead and post, because after all, i do love to talk about sports, and yes, our state championship. Thank you.

Old Dog
03-10-2003, 08:47 PM
Jacket, why are you so hard on BigChamp? Everman and Bandera are the champs until someone else is crowned in 2003.....period! Let them savior their victory for goodness sake.

topdawg
03-10-2003, 08:50 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well for one thing, Im not from Burnet or Bandera, so I know that there are other teams in Texas. But, mostly, b/c there were two teams in that district that had good runs THIS season(but both had a pretty easy walk during the playoff) and then there's nothing.There is no other team in the district that could even contend. 12-3a is loaded all around with teams that contend year in and year out. That's how I can do that. But, after reading your other posts, Im sure you wont be able to see that.
J2K
if you think burnet had easy walk through playoffs you better think again, they beat wharton, sinton, and japser to get to the state champion ship, i cant think of any team in district 12 3a that could have done that.

Chris Hart
03-10-2003, 09:07 PM
BigChamp05, If you are talking about best all-around districts in all sports, than yes 25-3A stacks up pretty well. If your talking about just in football this past year, then that is a different story. But talking football with Jacket, you have to take him with a grain of salt, he doesn't think football exists, outside of the DFW area or east Texas. He likes to hold onto the past just as much as you do. You could of taken the top 3 teams in 25 and pitted em against the top 3 teams in 12-3A, and 25-3A would have probably gone 3-0, 2-1 at the worst. District 12's cellar teams may have been a little better than 25's but who knows. But with district 25-3A having a state-runner up and a state champion from the same district, if your talking about this current year, than it doesn't matter how Jacket or anyone else tries to shake it up, 25-3A was the best. Lets see, a state-runner up and a state champion from the same district, well wait a second,hold on here, that's more than DFW and East Texas combined in 3A this year. Who would have thunk it, from little-ole 25-3A?

Jacket2000
03-10-2003, 09:20 PM
Two good teams does not a tough district make. There isnt a team in 12-3a that wouldnt have gone to the playoffs in 25-3a. Granted, that outside of D'field, Atlanta, and New Boston, they would have been the 3rd place team no doubt. But, all 6 teams out of 12 could have gotten the 3rd place spot in 25.
Now, as far as other sports go, I'll be the first to admit that I know next to nothing about them. Hell, go back a few pages and check out my pumpkinball picks to see for yourself. I claim to know football and nothing more.
J2K

Chris Hart
03-10-2003, 09:36 PM
Jacket2000:
Two good teams does not a tough district make. There isnt a team in 12-3a that wouldnt have gone to the playoffs in 25-3a. Granted, that outside of D'field, Atlanta, and New Boston, they would have been the 3rd place team no doubt. But, all 6 teams out of 12 could have gotten the 3rd place spot in 25.
Now, as far as other sports go, I'll be the first to admit that I know next to nothing about them. Hell, go back a few pages and check out my pumpkinball picks to see for yourself. I claim to know football and nothing more.
J2KThat would have been tragic, then State Champion Bandera would've had to stay home and miss that championship. Did 3rd place Bandera meet up with any of those 12-3A powerhouses during their run, or where they all already gone?

BigChamp05
03-10-2003, 10:00 PM
Well Chris, i know we didn't play them, because they were already long gone, and Jacket, i guarantee if you brought those teams into our distrct, maybe one would have made the playoffs, maybe.

BULLDOGFAN
03-10-2003, 10:04 PM
I knew it, I knew it another conspiracy. Big Champ we were set up. Damn I hate to be used. I knew that La Vernia, Rice, PortIsabel, Yoakem, Bellville, and Greenwood, just rolled over, flopped their legs in the air and said we are chump change compared to the Super Bowl bound 12-3A distrct.

I think we should turn in the trophy and announce all those teams from 12-3A, which I honestly don't know any of those towns, but I do remember something amount a Boggy Creek Monster Mascot from Texarkana which I hear was pretty tough, were better then us and much more deserving.

You sure your not related to Tarponfan, Jacket?

Jacket2000
03-10-2003, 10:09 PM
Yep, Im sure of it. I just know that there is football played outside of my hometown.
J2K

BULLDOGFAN
03-10-2003, 10:11 PM
Good, I sure didn't want to be related to you. I hear nearsightedness is hereditary. Thanks.

BigChamp05
03-10-2003, 10:22 PM
To get back with Chris, New Boston lost to Longview Springhill, which lost to Daingerfield, which lost to Midland Greenwood, which if lost to Bandera. So it is my opinion, and prediction, that Bandera would have taken both New Boston and Daingerfield.

BigChamp05
03-10-2003, 10:26 PM
Hey Bulldogfan, i'm glad to see i finally have you gaurding my back again. I was getting lonely on here without you.

BULLDOGFAN
03-10-2003, 10:28 PM
Wouldn't let you have all the fun, Bud.

BigChamp05
03-10-2003, 10:45 PM
I know you like to put your face in the mud. i don't know what this Jacket guy is talking about, i think he is jealous. But as soon as we get the respect and recognition we deserve, i will stop. The only people who have given us respect is Chris and people from Burnet

Jacket2000
03-10-2003, 10:58 PM
Jealous? Of what? I have a few rings myself. So, it's definately not that.
Ya know, I dont see Everman posters on here whinning about not getting any respect. You know why? B/c they know that respect must be earned. You dont get it by whinning about it. You want respect, then get it on the field, not on a message board.
J2K

BULLDOGFAN
03-10-2003, 11:01 PM
Now now, BigChamp.

Respect is something one doesn't take for granted. You must earn that every day of your life. A lot of people cheered us on, it's hard to grasp that a third place team could win it all. Every team in the State wanted that title, but only one wins it. Some guys get only one shot at the title and it is tough to know you will never have that chance again. You guys are kinda new to this stuff and time will change you.

Look at Port Isabel. They have wanted the state title for over 30 years. They live it, breathe it, train for it, but have yet to taste it. It is hard to never get what everyone wants.

When you guys won, so did we.

Old Dog
03-10-2003, 11:04 PM
We've all been bantering back and forth about Bandera and Burnet's quality, but we must not forget a pretty damn good little bunch of panthers east of Burnet called Liberty Hill. I recall a pretty solid season over there too!

BigChamp05
03-10-2003, 11:11 PM
The only reason Everman isn't whinning, is because the won, and everybody, including you, is kissing their butt. Maybe, just maybe, we were a good team, and not only deserved, but earned the championship. Just maybe. And old dog, yes, Liberty hill did have a good year. That is the third team in our district that went just as far as the other district 12 teams.

Jacket2000
03-10-2003, 11:28 PM
No, Everman isnt whinning b/c they've earned their respect. They've won back to back titles, they're 41-3 over the past 3 seasons, they play tough competition week in and week out and they've always risen to the challenge, they win against good teams and they win big against bad teams. They have made it impossible not to respct them b/c they have dominated and proven that they are the best. In my(and everyone else's it seems) eyes, Bandera hasnt done that. They seemed to kinda back into it so to speak. So, you want the respect you think you deserve, then show me, and the rest of the state something. When Everman first dropped down, I didnt think they'd make much of a dent. They proved me wrong(way wrong). So,now they have my respect. So, if you want the respect, then prove that '02 wasnt a fluke. As the NFL advertising campagin says; "Show me somethin'"!
J2K

BigChamp05
03-10-2003, 11:39 PM
Lets see, in 2000, we were state semi-finalist, losting to state champion Gatesville. Last year, we lost second round because our All-State quarterback blew out his knee, and this year, state champions. So 11-3, 9-3 w/out quarterback, and 13-3. That isn't exactly weak under circumstances. One loss was to state runner up Burnet this year. And to tell the truth, should a small school like Bandera even be able to hang with a huge school like Everman. No they shouldn't be able to, and by reading yours and everyone elses posts, you can tell that.

Matthew328
03-10-2003, 11:42 PM
In case you haven't checked Bandera's ADM is 774...Everman's is 896...not much difference there...

Old Dog
03-10-2003, 11:42 PM
Jacket, I can understand your deep respect for Everman, but I cannot for the life of me understand why you keep peeing on Bandera's crown. So what if they don't repeat; most teams don't! But one things for sure, that trophy will be in Bandera's trophy case 50 years from now!Strong "programs" are very hard to begin and even more difficult to maintain. Most 3A schools can't hang onto the coaching staffs needed to keep them at the top. They move onward and upward to bigger schools $$$$$!

<small>[ March 10, 2003, 10:44 PM: Message edited by: Old Dog ]</small>

Jacket2000
03-10-2003, 11:45 PM
774 ADM, Small school?? Not hardly. There are many districts (such as district 12) where you would be the biggest school in te district. Besides, I never said to beat Everman(I know much better than that), I said to do like Everman and show me something.
J2K

Jacket2000
03-10-2003, 11:51 PM
Old Dog:
Jacket, I can understand your deep respect for Everman, but I cannot for the life of me understand why you keep peeing on Bandera's crown. So what if they don't repeat; most teams don't! But one things for sure, that trophy will be in Bandera's trophy case 50 years from now!Strong "programs" are very hard to begin and even more difficult to maintain. Most 3A schools can't hang onto the coaching staffs needed to keep them at the top. They move onward and upward to bigger schools $$$$$!Old Dog,I just get sick of the whinning. Back in 2000, we had seveal Forney posters who whinned about their loss in the finals, and I stayed on them. A few months ago, there were a few Burnet posters whinning about being #2. Now, Bandera poster are whinning about respect for winning a watered down div2 bracket. I just cant stand whinning!
J2K

Old Dog
03-11-2003, 12:02 AM
Jacket, I'm sure I will be on your s**t list, but what on earth do you think YOU are doing? Am I mistaken that this is an OPEN forum? It's obvious that nothing south of Itasca is worth a damn to you guys. Do you want us to get off and let you have a north Texas forum? Over time you guys have won the lion's share of titles; most of us know that. Bandera was forced down into D2 because Burnet won the district and they were larger...they had no control. Oh, by the way I'm from Burnet and you are are right, we have no "whine" coming. Everman BEAT us fair and square.

<small>[ March 10, 2003, 11:05 PM: Message edited by: Old Dog ]</small>

spaniard
03-11-2003, 12:07 AM
alright, thats it, im sick of it :D the new state champ for 3a next year is going to be slaton, who has had an awful history of losing, which has definitley become a tradition. i think they will have a break out year, and beat everyone they play...ok, so im really not serious. but the thing is, they are the only ones who have a right to whine about anything, at the begining of this season (2002) they had lost 31 consecutive games. so, bandera, be thankful that you guys won a championship, i know im glad for you guys, and everyone else who is whining about losing and not making it to state, how bout looking at those who havent won a game in a few years at all, period. anywhoo, ill be quiet now, its still not football season, so im still cranky :D

Jacket2000
03-11-2003, 12:07 AM
No, OD, you're still on my A list. Hell, just the fact that you know where Itasca is earns you points with me LOL!.
You've got us wrong.Yes,North Texas has been extremely dominant as of late. That's no secret. But, I do realize that there are great teams in other areas. 2002 Burnet, 2001 Sinton, 94-97 Sealy, and the list goes on. Im not attacking a particular area, Im just sick of the whinning!
Oh, and yes, I know you have no whine. I believe you were one of the posters who kindly told the whinners to shut up.
J2K

<small>[ March 10, 2003, 11:09 PM: Message edited by: Jacket2000 ]</small>

Old Dog
03-11-2003, 12:12 AM
Good point Spaniard, think I'll take another blood pressure pill and go to bed before I have a stroke! LOL Hang in there Jacket, you'll get us all straighened out someday.........??????

BULLDOGFAN
03-11-2003, 07:14 AM
I guess what it amounts to is South of De Soto it's whining but north of De Soto it's called earned respect.

BigChamp getting respect from jacket is like drinking water from a muddy bowl. It is not worth the bowl it's in.

You a kid he is whining because he speaks his mind? What is that? That kid made has so many honors in Football, Basketball, and Baseball. He will most likely get a State ring in two sports and be a critical part of both teams.

You have never heard him say anything negative about a winning team ( Everman or Burnet ) but he like I do get tired of hearing how GREAT the Dallas teams are but never seem to see them in many finals of anything. We would be the first to tell someone they did a good job if we saw it. We appreciate good sportsmanship and a little smack.

Remember jacket, You never get a second chance to make a good first impresssion.

<small>[ March 11, 2003, 06:18 AM: Message edited by: BULLDOGFAN ]</small>

vet93
03-11-2003, 10:50 AM
I have followed this thread with interest as well as others where Bandera supporters have decried a lack of respect. It is my opinion that there is a great deal of respect for what Bandera accomplished but it may not be the kind of respect that the Bandera players/fans may be desiring. I think that there is a general consensus of respect for the way that Bandera fought tooth and nail, many times when the deck was stacked against them to win a championship. They never gave up or stopped believing in themselves. By my reckoning that is the kind of respect that is the most desired to some extent because it exemplifies character and teamwork and the things that are important about the game of football and life. Where Bandera is not getting as much respect is for their abilities as a team on the football field. I don't think that they will ever get that kind of respect because this team did not dominate on the field against a DII division that lacked some of the muscle that was seen in DI this year. Bandera had trouble defeating some teams that were not considered powerhouses and that also hurt their standing as a dominant football team. And that is why when everyone talks about the really dominant teams this year Bandera is not often mentioned. So yes, Bandera is not and probably should not get some of the respect that is reserved for some of the really athletically gifted, powerhouse teams of this year and the past. But, this does not take away from the significant achievement of a team that nobody expected to win a championship. Teams all over the state can draw encouragement for what Bandera accomplished because they know that with hard work, determination and character that anything is possible. In the end victory is much sweeter when you win and you are not supposed to and the accomplishment is that much greater for the very reason that people are not giving you respect. Don't look at people's view of your team as a decent but not great team as put down. Look at it as a banner of courage and character. Anybody can win with heaps of talent, but not everyone can when without it.

big daddy russ
03-11-2003, 11:11 AM
Amen, Vet93. Bandera earned a deeper respect than just the respect that talent will bring you, but rather the respect that you earn from a hard-fought battle. In 20 years nobody will remember a Bandera team that had nowhere near the talent of a Sinton, Jasper or a Burnet... but rather a championship team who fought their way to the top. I certainly can't take anything away from the Bulldogs... not like my team won a title this year.

Bandera YaYa
03-11-2003, 06:05 PM
Gee, Jacket, let up on BigChamp a little.....you are the one going off about football, his original question was geared towards all sports.
Yes, he did mention Bandera, but he mostly mentioned Wimberley, as well as Llano and Burnet. You started dissing us and Burnet, saying we don't know of any other places, and that's just not true or fair. BigChamp loves sports, all sports...(you should see him play baseball!!) and I think you jumped on him, assuming he was going to go on and on about our football success. Yes, Bandera and Burnet did have an exceptional year. Period. But there were so many others that did just as well, in other sports, this year. And it was this year he was talking about. AND, you said we should get our respect on the field and not on a message board....DITTO ! AND, I have all the respect in the world for Everman, and why would I not? It's just that it gets kinda old to always read that Everman, a State Champ, is wonderful and deserving of the honor, and we were a "One-Hit" wonder ...or we just had an "easy walk". You have never heard anyone from Bandera say that kind of stuff about another Champ. WE know how hard it was to get where we got, we most assuredly did not take one of those teams for granted...in fact, if you had been in our crowd, we were always in total shock that we had won another one! Don't assume you know what it was like or how "easy" it was...AND especially, don't tell that to someone who was out there week after week, getting the hell knocked out of him (and vice versa), how easy it was!!!! Geezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :mad:

Bandera YaYa
03-11-2003, 06:18 PM
Now, I'm really mad. I missed what you said about a "watered down" Division 2 bracket...now you are dissing everyone in Division 2???? Who died and appointed you God?????? Seems like you are the one only one that's whinning here....WHA WHA WHA !

Bandera YaYa
03-11-2003, 06:21 PM
One more thing.....Thanks big daddy russ, you got it correct....you understand...you are so smart!!!! :D :D :D

Bandera YaYa
03-11-2003, 06:26 PM
Sorry.....i forgot to tell vet93 "thanks" !!

Jimbotex40
03-11-2003, 06:45 PM
miss ya ya, understand that i have been on your side on this convo the whole way through, but i have got to admit that div2 was weaker than usual. im not saying that every team sucks in div2 but it definitely wasn't as strong as usual.

there have been instances where div 2 was stronger than div 1, like in 2000 when gatesville and la grange won it. im not saying that la grange could have beat gatesville, but for comparing div 1 to div 2. div 2 was stronger.

sorry, this was one of those years where div 1 was stronger.

PPHSfan
03-11-2003, 07:24 PM
I went back to page one to see where all of this silliness started.

1st lets look at what Jacket said in his first reply: "Well, for one, I dont think there's any fair way to evaluate this b/c of the biannual realignment. But, if you're just talkin' football, then it's 12-3a hands down.
J2K"

Now lets look at Big Champs response:"Jacket, how can you go against the district who had a state champ and a state runner-up? That makes no sense."

Now can someone please tell me where Jacket went against someone by saying that 12-3A was the strongest in his opinion?

I for one think Bandera got a ton of respect last year. They beat some great DII teams and won a state trophy, but the plain simple truth is that the top five DI teams would have their way with them. No way a Sinton, a Burnet, a Jasper, or for sure a Forney or Everman Team would do anything but KILL them in a playoff game. That does not take away from their accomplishment, they took third place in their district and still managed to claw their way thru six wins in post-season, that is a very hard thing to do.

Bandera YaYa
03-11-2003, 09:55 PM
I think he was saying, why would you not chose a district that had both State Champ and runner up in it...over one that had neither. I really think he was just curious as to why....I don't think he was trying to get anyone upset, or to start anything. But then Jacket jumped all over him, but then we all know Jacket isn't known for his tact. LOL! I don't know 1/32nd about football throughout the state of Texas, just around this area, BUT, I do know this....these games are played by young men, all of which are out there playing their best, getting bruised and sometimes worse, of which we are lucky enough to watch and cheer and sometimes go insane over.(Ya Ya)...all for our entertainment! I think we are pretty darn lucky to know any of them! I for one don't care whose district was harder or easier, I wasn't out there playing, so I can't make that determination. Unless you were out there, I don't see how you can. :)

Dave-O
03-12-2003, 10:26 PM
You know, it took some very hard thinking for me to try and figure out the best region in texas so i broke it down into this. In the last year
1. How many state trophies
2. How many 2nd places
and 3. How good was the Concession Stand
Now it was pretty hard but number 3 made up my mind for me. Those hot dogs and expecially those hamburgers from the Hungry Dawg make me say 25-3a is #1 Oh yessssss....It almost makes freezing my Buns off while standing in line worth it. Hamburgers you making this rocking worl go round :D

Dave-O
03-12-2003, 10:28 PM
You know, it took some very hard thinking for me to try and figure out the best region in texas so i broke it down into this. In the last year
1. How many state trophies
2. How many 2nd places
and 3. How good was the Concession Stand
Now it was pretty hard but number 3 made up my mind for me. Those hot dogs and expecially those hamburgers from the Hungry Dawg make me say 25-3a is #1 Oh yessssss....It almost makes freezing my Buns off while standing in line worth it. Hamburgers you making this rocking world go round :D

topdawg
03-12-2003, 10:43 PM
i agree with dave o, the burgers at the hungry dawg are the best, and to tell you the truth thats the only reason i ever went to any of burnets games this year :D :D :D

Dave-O
03-12-2003, 10:47 PM
I would say that is why i went too....but there were other reasons... that i will not speak of :rolleyes:

topdawg
03-12-2003, 10:58 PM
well they played alrite this year so i guess thats one reason why i went.

etcoach
03-13-2003, 09:52 PM
The original post asked which was the toughest district, not which two or three teams. Granted, it referred to all sports, boys and girls, but quickly narrowed to football. The very topic implies top to bottom. Anyone who has been around the game any length of time and knows his wishbone from his funnybone knows it takes a certain amount of luck to win it all. Anyone can have an off game, you just hope it doesn't come at the last game of the season. The idea that the top five DI teams would destroy the top five DII teams is ludicrous(ridiculous for those of you who are lingually challenged). Granted, Everman is an exception, and MAYBE to a lesser extent, Burnet. But in a round robin, I wouldn't want my job on the line playing Bandera, Greenwood, Daingerfield, Bellville, Spring Hill, etc.

BigChamp05
03-13-2003, 10:55 PM
etcoach, none of those coaches wanted their job on the line against us either, and i agree, any team can beat any team, but not six wins in a row. Sorry i havn't been on in a while to stir up some trouble, i have been busy with baseball.

Matthew328
03-13-2003, 11:00 PM
Last year may have been the exception not the rule...BUT if you ask me Everman, Burnet, Forney, Jasper and Sinton..would roll anyone in D2....Burnet proved that by whipping Bandera..yes Bandera may have had injuries..But Bandera fans lets be real..you guys play Burnet 10 times you may win one..Forney definatley woulda been tough for anyone to beat in D2..because in my opinion they were every bit as good as Burnet..Jasper and Sinton may have been a notch below those 3 but they were still better than any D2 team...no knock against D2..but last year D1 was head and shoulders better than D2..

etcoach
03-14-2003, 01:38 PM
Forney is the only one you mentioned that I can personally relate to because of having played them and coached in that area. If I remember correctly, Forney didn't dominate Atlanta and if not for a couple of turnovers, the game could have gone either way. Daingerfield beat Atlanta rather handily. So your argument doesn't hold water.

Chris Hart
03-14-2003, 04:35 PM
Well I had the privilege to watch Burnet play Everman, Jasper and Sinton in the playoffs, and I watched them play the div.II Champion Bandera in district play. I didn't have the oppurtunity to see Forney. But I'll say this, if Bandera had played Burnet,Everman,Jasper or Sinton 10 times, they would have gone 0-10 against all of them. I can't speak for Forney, but it would be my guess that the result would be the same. The difference between them teams and div.II were like night and day. We know it's not like this every year, but last year I witnessed the difference firsthand and it was huge. I expect the difference to be somewhat the same this coming year, but maybe not quite as much as last year.

<small>[ March 14, 2003, 03:37 PM: Message edited by: Chris Hart ]</small>

Matthew328
03-15-2003, 02:26 AM
Forney may not have dominated that game against Atlanta but they definatley controlled it..I was there and I never really thought Forney was in any danger..after the one Atlanta drive they did absolutley nothing..Forney nearly doubled Atlanta's rushing yardage and yes they caused 5 Atlanta turnovers..to me Daingerfield matched up better than any of the other top D2 teams against a D1 team..but even still I think they'd have a tough time against the D1's top 5..

greendog fan
03-15-2003, 03:19 PM
Chris Hart:
Well I had the privilege to watch Burnet play Everman, Jasper and Sinton in the playoffs, and I watched them play the div.II Champion Bandera in district play. I didn't have the oppurtunity to see Forney. But I'll say this, if Bandera had played Burnet,Everman,Jasper or Sinton 10 times, they would have gone 0-10 against all of them. I can't speak for Forney, but it would be my guess that the result would be the same. The difference between them teams and div.II were like night and day. We know it's not like this every year, but last year I witnessed the difference firsthand and it was huge. I expect the difference to be somewhat the same this coming year, but maybe not quite as much as last year.did,nt burnet beat a couple of other d2 playoff teams? gatesville and Marlin. That should prove that d1 was alot stronger than d2

Jimbotex40
03-16-2003, 11:59 PM
i think if were considering the top five teams in D1, carthage should be in there over jasper.

they just had the misfortune of playing forney in the second round and losing on a miracle TD reception by the one and only coy davis. yes jasper did make it farther than carthage, but jasper got beat handily by sinton who got beat handily by burnet who got beat handily by everman.

so if you think about it, everman would have rocked all the hoes right outta jasper, but maybe not so much as against carthage

big daddy russ
03-17-2003, 06:47 PM
Jimbo, it was actually Burnet who squared off against Jasper in the State Semifinals. I didn't get a chance to see either Forney or Carthage this year, but I know Sinton was definitely a top-4 team. They lost to Burnet by something like a 19-7 mark in the Quarterfinals. But I'll give you this, Everman was stinking good and congratulations on a great season. For you guys to hang in with a team like that goes a long ways towards earning respect statewide. I didn't honestly believe Forney was all that great this year until that game. It definitely caught my attention and made me realize how wrong I was.