PDA

View Full Version : Lamesa Tornadoes?

IHStangFan
08-21-2008, 10:22 PM
Does anyone have any scoop for me on the ole Tornadoes? I really hope they can get a win this year! Hope they score 50 points this year! Heck, I hope they can keep it to under 3 shutouts.

Good luck Tornadoes, I'll be pulling for you.

garciap77
08-21-2008, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Does anyone have any scoop for me on the ole Tornadoes? I really hope they can get a win this year! Hope they score 50 points this year! Heck, I hope they can keep it to under 3 shutouts.

Last I heard of them was when we played them in the playoffs! I think they were ranked #2. And I think we beat them by 30! Have not heard of them since!:D

wildstangs
08-21-2008, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Last I heard of them was when we played them in the playoffs! I think they were ranked #2. And I think we beat them by 30! Have not heard of them since!:D

They were VERY overrated that year. Wylie was WAY underrated as well. Was that the year that Wylie knocked off Aledo the next week, who was ranked number one at the time?

Sweetwater Red
08-22-2008, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan

Their HC is on here two or three times a week. I'm sure he'll
give us an update when he gets time.

Torb
08-22-2008, 09:43 AM
We should be better this year. Scrimmaged Early last week, man they are a good football team. We did some things well and have things we must work on, when you scrimmage good people it lets you know in a hurry what you need to work on. Went 80 plays with the Varsity and they scored 5, we dropped a TD pass but didn't score. We scrimmage San Angelo Lakeview tonight in Angelo, hope to see improvement on both sides of the ball. We will still be young, graduated 6 Seniors last year and only have 5 Seniors this year (a lack of Seniors has been hard to overcome). We have good numbers in our lower grades and some talented kids in our Junior, Sophomore, and Freshman classes. We will have to grow up quickly to compete for a playoff spot. That's our goal this season and we feel like you must have those kind of expectations. We are getting better, our kids work hard, and have great attitudes ... we like the direction we are headed. This will be our 3rd season here and it's been a slow worm to turn, but we can see it's turning.

Kent Torbert

Ranger Mom
08-22-2008, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Torb
We should be better this year. Scrimmaged Early last week, man they are a good football team. We did some things well and have things we must work on, when you scrimmage good people it lets you know in a hurry what you need to work on. Went 80 plays with the Varsity and they scored 5, we dropped a TD pass but didn't score. We scrimmage San Angelo Lakeview tonight in Angelo, hope to see improvement on both sides of the ball. We will still be young, graduated 6 Seniors last year and only have 5 Seniors this year (a lack of Seniors has been hard to overcome). We have good numbers in our lower grades and some talented kids in our Junior, Sophomore, and Freshman classes. We will have to grow up quickly to compete for a playoff spot. That's our goal this season and we feel like you must have those kind of expectations. We are getting better, our kids work hard, and have great attitudes ... we like the direction we are headed. This will be our 3rd season here and it's been a slow worm to turn, but we can see it's turning.

Kent Torbert

Good luck to the tors.......I am afraid we may be in the same boat this season!!

LH Panther Mom
08-22-2008, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by Torb
We are getting better, our kids work hard, and have great attitudes ... we like the direction we are headed. This will be our 3rd season here and it's been a slow worm to turn, but we can see it's turning.

Kent Torbert
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Good luck! :)