View Full Version : LH/Connally News??

Silverback 04
08-21-2008, 09:36 PM
Haven't heard how it went. Any takers?

wimbo_pro
08-21-2008, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by Silverback 04
Haven't heard how it went. Any takers?

Haven't heard yet, Silverback...but did you hear that Brownwood is gonna be good?

LH Panther Mom
08-21-2008, 09:51 PM
Connally was fired up to be here and you could tell their defense was excited early on. Lots of hollering from the sidelines cheering on their teammates. They've got some good players.

We, like every other team in the state, have some work to do. It seemed we came out in a lull, but definitely WC had something to do with the slow start. Some of the projected 2nd string kids looked REALLY good, and have the potential to work their way into a starting spot.

wimbo_pro
08-21-2008, 09:52 PM
No score report?

LH Panther Mom
08-21-2008, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
No score report?
:doh: :doh: I didn't keep score. I'm thinking maybe 4-2?

cameron91
08-21-2008, 09:54 PM
:D the score was:thinking:

LH Panther Mom
08-21-2008, 09:55 PM
No, I don't think 4-2 is right. I'll have to ask my son when he gets home if he knows.

wimbo_pro
08-21-2008, 09:56 PM
Come on LHPM...this is a pretty weak report...it might lead some to believe LH didnt look very good.

Silverback 04
08-21-2008, 10:04 PM
Haven't heard yet, Silverback...but did you hear that Brownwood is gonna be good?

Brownwood? Aren't they from the valley?

LHexPlayer
08-21-2008, 10:06 PM
Come on LHPM...this is a pretty weak report...it might lead some to believe LH didnt look very good.

I could tell you but then I would have to kill you.:redxpoke:

LH Panther Mom
08-21-2008, 10:10 PM
Come on LHPM...this is a pretty weak report...it might lead some to believe LH didnt look very good. I'm certainly not going to lie and say we looked great, because we didn't, especially at the start. We had a LOT of subbing going on in the two "quarters". There were probably 7-8 different kids subbing at LB, and the same for RB. We've got around 40-45 kids on Varsity and ALL of them got to play quite a bit. So, of course we're going to look different in a practice than when it counts. ;)

solocam
08-21-2008, 10:13 PM
LHPM who was the tall kid #10,he played on offense and defense

LH Panther Mom
08-21-2008, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by solocam
LHPM who was the tall kid #10,he played on offense and defense
Jordan Emmert - Kody's "little" brother. He's looking pretty good at LB, IMO.

solocam
08-21-2008, 10:19 PM
Yes he did look good on defense,lots of speed

LHexPlayer
08-21-2008, 10:24 PM
The scrimmage portion we started out great, first team offense scored 1 touchdown in their series. The first team defense didn't give up a first down in their series. Then our second team offense marched down the field and scored 1 touchdown. The second team defense was next and they gave up 1 touchdown. So that is 2-1 in the scrimmage portion. Then we played 2 live quarters. In the first quarter we fumbled on our first play of the quarter and our defense held Connally to a field goal. Then on our second series we threw an interception. This was our slow start. The defense held Connally on that drive. We then got the ball back and marched down the field to score a TD. Our defense then started to sub guys in a lot. We continued to hold Connally for a while. Our offense would score again. Then Connally scored on a very long pass play against our second defense. By this point guys are trading in and out on both sides. That sums up the scoring and scrimmage.

We played very vanilla on defense. No blitzing or stunting. On offense we looked good except for the fumble and interception. We used a lot of backs and gave lots of guys a chance to earn a spot. Like LHPM said every kid played and they played a lot of plays. You can also listen to KMAC-sports for the archive of the scrimmage to get more details.

Good luck Connally you guys have some nice players. I thought your receivers were very good.

Rabid Cougar
08-21-2008, 10:26 PM
Waco only has two High Schools- University and Waco High

Connally is in the City of Lacy-Lake View.

Sorry pet pieve

LH Panther Mom
08-21-2008, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
Waco only has two High Schools- University and Waco High

Connally is in the City of Lacy-Lake View.

Sorry pet pieve
Yeah, I know. We have Pflugerville Connally in the area, so it more of a distinguishing thing than actual location.

Matthew328
08-21-2008, 11:34 PM
Waco Connally sounds better than Lacy Lakeview Connally also.....

LH Panther Mom
08-22-2008, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by LHexPlayer
We played very vanilla on defense. No blitzing or stunting.
Probably for good reason. :D ;)

Originally posted by LHexPlayer
You can also listen to KMAC-sports for the archive of the scrimmage to get more details.
I'm listening now. :)

Dogman_1969
08-22-2008, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Waco Connally sounds better than Lacy Lakeview Connally also.....

If they were the Lacy Lakeview Cadets then I guess that makes La Vega the Bellmead Pirates????

kicker48
08-22-2008, 09:09 PM
Mart (1A) beat Connally 3-0 last week.
Then they was leading Groesbeck 2-1 until the game situation quarter Mart went to sleep and lost 10-0. Mart fumbled at the 35 leading to the Goats first score. Was concerned with Mart's scrimmage, but I guess Connally is better that we thought.

Rabid Cougar
08-23-2008, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Dogman_1969
If they were the Lacy Lakeview Cadets then I guess that makes La Vega the Bellmead Pirates????

No that makes Rockdale the Minerva Tigers!