View Full Version : OK, IT'S OFFICIAL - I am sick of Brownwood

wimbo_pro
08-21-2008, 08:59 PM
Am I the only one?????

ronwx5x
08-21-2008, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Am I the only one?????

If I'm good company, you're in it. Guess it keeps folks from arguing about Wimberley, though!:)

LionKing
08-21-2008, 09:04 PM
Sorry, it's not our fault.

BEAST
08-21-2008, 09:06 PM
Hey I am right there with ya. We are not the ones starting all these threads about us. However are we expected not to say anything. I would like to read good info, however all you get on here is bashing. Therefore what are we to do?

BEAST

wimbo_pro
08-21-2008, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by LionKing
Sorry, it's not our fault.

Ahhh...just messin' with you guys. i dont have a dog in this fight at the moment...give it time, and we might.

ronwx5x
08-21-2008, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
Hey I am right there with ya. We are not the ones starting all these threads about us. However are we expected not to say anything. I would like to read good info, however all you get on here is bashing. Therefore what are we to do?

BEAST

You might know it. Wimbo starts a thread to not hear about Brownwood and the B'wood posters are already ganging up!

.......................:wave: :1popcorn: :1popcorn: :stirpot: :stirpot:

DDBooger
08-21-2008, 09:11 PM
as an outside observer I see more Brownwood bashing than anything else LOL the Attn paid to them is crazy

Rocket
08-21-2008, 09:12 PM
wimbo is cool...

I just can't wait for the I told ya so's..either way! ha ha

Cameron Crazy
08-21-2008, 09:13 PM
Everyone will get tired of hearing about them, but, they will be talked about all year, because they are one of the few that everyone thinks can come down to 3A and dominate and bring home a state title this year.

Guess we will have to seee..:cool:

Rocket
08-21-2008, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
as an outside observer I see more Brownwood bashing than anything else LOL the Attn paid to them is crazy

Thanks Booger... finally a voice of reason...

DDBooger
08-21-2008, 09:15 PM
And I could care less one way or the other, the arguments have been fun to read though.

wimbo_pro
08-21-2008, 09:15 PM
I dont think there is any way Wimberley will get a chance to play Brownwood unless they end up in the d2 bracket, right?

BwdLion73
08-21-2008, 09:22 PM
I agree WimBo...I guess we should just let the 10 or so threads that have been started by posters other than Brownwood go unanswered.
I'm excited to be playing teams our size with fans that back their community and kids. I expected some good natured bashing and fun ... but I'm begining to think that I smell FEAR in some of these post.
Too many nasty post to not think that. We will win some and lose some, but don't be so afraid, we will be on a level playing field for the first time in a long time and we look forward to good hard hitting football.;)

wimbo_pro
08-21-2008, 09:30 PM
Yes BwdLion, it should be fun. Even if Brownwood loses to LH, it wont mean anything when it comes to play off time. So the talkity-talk will go on into December (well, maybe not..):):stirpot:

garciap77
08-21-2008, 10:06 PM
Am I the only one?????

Yes!:D ;)

Brownwood is good!:D

zebrablue2
08-21-2008, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Yes!:D ;)

Brownwood is good!:D

YTBD. Won't be a free ride. Many good teams in 3a..

pirate4state
08-22-2008, 12:38 AM

BEAST

True.

No, you are expected to sit here silently and just nod your head. :D

Good info about what? YOUR team? Don't you already know? What are you asking US for? :p

-------

I don't mind the Brownwood people. They remind me of Gilmer's fans after the GJ Kinne fiasco & WOS after their drop.

WOS87
08-22-2008, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
True.

No, you are expected to sit here silently and just nod your head.

Good info about what? YOUR team? Don't you already know? What are you asking US for? :p

-------

I don't mind the Brownwood people. They remind me of Gilmer's fans after the GJ Kinne fiasco & WOS after their drop.

WO-S had to deal with the same thing in 2004 as did Jasper in 2002 and Bridge City in 2000....

and all 3 got at least a little bit of redemption as all three won at least one region title each within their first two years of joining 3A

:D

So hang in there. You'll be an oldtimer before you know it!

Txbroadcaster
08-22-2008, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by WOS87
WO-S had to deal with the same thing in 2004 as did Jasper in 2002 and Bridge City in 2000....

and all 3 got at least a little bit of redemption as all three won at least one region title each within their first two years of joining 3A

Sorry 87 but with sure domination WO-S was supposed to put on little ole 3A, a region title IMO gave them no redemption

B-Wood, your given a hard time 90% in fun 5% in boredom and 5% because the 3A fans get tired of hearing about the next great 4A team dropping down and how easy they will roll..some of it from outside B-Wood, but some of it from inside it as well

WOS87
08-22-2008, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Sorry 87 but with sure domination WO-S was supposed to put on little ole 3A, a region title IMO gave them no redemption

B-Wood, your given a hard time 90% in fun 5% in boredom and 5% because the 3A fans get tired of hearing about the next great 4A team dropping down and how easy they will roll..some of it from outside B-Wood, but some of it from inside it as well

See Brownwood folks... WO-S still gets the same 4 years later...

:rolleyes:

It was definitely a much easier ride dropping from 5A to 4A I must say

pirate4state
08-22-2008, 12:51 AM

:confused: I'm not already an oldtimer? :vrycnfsd:

Stangs325
08-22-2008, 01:14 AM
Am I the only one?????

nope im def with you

Rocket
08-22-2008, 08:16 AM
See Brownwood folks... WO-S still gets the same 4 years later...

:rolleyes:

It was definitely a much easier ride dropping from 5A to 4A I must say

Your redemption draweth nigh...

Rocket
08-22-2008, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

Yeah we gather all that...

But if 3A Fans think Brownwood is just another 4A team dropping, then they are not very realistic. We win. History has proven that. We had somehwhat of a down year last year (6-4; no playoffs in quite arguably the strongest district in the state in any classifcation) and everytbody thinks we are overrated? 3A's dose of realism is headed their way. Do I say this arrogantly? no, I say it because I have watched Brownwood Football for over 20 years and I know what the program is capable of every season.

I am not trying to guarantee a state chanpionship (not even close), but Brownwood is hungry and optimistic and ready to show 3A what they are capable of. Brownwood teams are engineered to peak late in District play, so even if we lose early in the season (which will probably happen), not worried about it... Seen it too many times... 2002 is a good example...

Lion_Addict
08-22-2008, 08:27 AM
We are not the ones starting all these threads about us.

BEAST

:iagree: Find it rather humorous myself. Will be interesting to see how long this thread will last after all the posters that are "sick of Brownwood" continue to talk about Brownwood. :thinking: :D

Sweetwater Red
08-22-2008, 08:35 AM
I'm not tired of Brownwood. All the razzing is just part of
an initiation to 3A and the board in my opinion. I'm glad they're
on our schedule. It will give us a chance to improve on our
18-6 record.:devil:

Lion_Addict
08-22-2008, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
It will give us a chance to improve on our
18-6 record.:devil:

HA HA! You really do crack me up Red! Keep on holding onto that really tight now ;) .

Ranger Mom
08-22-2008, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by Rocket
Brownwood teams are engineered to peak late in District play, so even if we lose early (which will probably happen), not worried about it.

In THAT district, you can't afford to peak very late in District play!!!:eek:

waterboy
08-22-2008, 08:45 AM
Am I the only one?????
No. I'm with you on this one. I think they are a little overrated at this point. I'm sure they will have more success at the 3A level, but they haven't proven anything yet. I'm pretty sure there's a good chance they'll fall out of the rankings before they start district play. They have a monster schedule that'll either prove them worthy of the hype or prove them unworthy. My guess is the latter.........we shall see.

Sweetwater Red
08-22-2008, 08:52 AM
Brownwood teams are engineered to peak late in District play, so even if we lose early (which will probably happen

Lose early in district play? You're first district game is against
Wylie. Are you conceding something already?:thinking: :devil:

Lion_Addict
08-22-2008, 09:01 AM

Guessing he's talking about the possibility of it happening in non-district Red.
Concede to Wylie???? HA HA! Remember, we have OWNERSHIP in that matchup ;) :devil:

Ranger Mom
08-22-2008, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
Guessing he's talking about the possibility of it happening in non-district Red.
Concede to Wylie???? HA HA! Remember, we have OWNERSHIP in that matchup ;) :devil:

We are very literal here....when someone posts, "early in district play" we take that to mean, "early in district play!"

Rocket
08-22-2008, 09:08 AM

Ok biting my tongue again..aren't you proud of me RM?

Lose early in the season...
A team can still win without having peaked. Peak means playing your best ball, not winning. I apologize, I will be more literal and more clear for those that can't follow along...

Lion_Addict
08-22-2008, 09:12 AM
OK. I slapped myself on the hand for butting in, and it did kinda hurt :crying: .
Can't have any conceding to Wylie talk though :twitch:

Sweetwater Red
08-22-2008, 09:13 AM
I apologize, I will be more literal and more clear for those that can't follow along...

It's not me following along that is the problem.

3ADOWNLOW unwritten rule #2:

Say what you mean and mean what you say.

Ranger Mom
08-22-2008, 09:24 AM

Yeah!!! What he said!!:ditto: :iagree:

pirate4state
08-22-2008, 09:25 AM
Ok biting my tongue again..aren't you proud of me RM?

Lose early in the season...
A team can still win without having peaked. Peak means playing your best ball, not winning. I apologize, I will be more literal and more clear for those that can't follow along... It's not that we can't follow along. Its more of us being, well alot like you! :p :eek: :D

Ranger Mom
08-22-2008, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
It's not that we can't follow along. Its more of us being, well alot like you! :p :eek: :D

Bite your tongue girl!!:eek:

Rocket
08-22-2008, 09:29 AM

I literally said we will lose early in District Play or you took that from what I said?

I SAID we will peak late in District Play, but trust me, we won't have to be playing the best we can play to beat the likes of Sweetwater. LOL

Isn't that cute how RM is backing up Red... awwww how sweet.

pirate4state
08-22-2008, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Bite your tongue girl!!:eek:

haha. no, that would hurt. :(

BwdLions
08-22-2008, 09:33 AM
wimp pro, are posts like this really necessary? I guess they make you feel better about yourself. :dispntd:

Ranger Mom
08-22-2008, 09:34 AM
I literally said we will lose early in District Play or you took that from what I said?

I SAID we will peak late in District Play, but trust me, we won't have to be playing the best we can play to beat the likes of Sweetwater. LOL

I am usually sweet to Red, we are friends!!:confused:

garciap77
08-22-2008, 09:39 AM
Yeah we gather all that...

But if 3A Fans think Brownwood is just another 4A team dropping, then they are not very realistic. We win. History has proven that. We had somehwhat of a down year last year (6-4; no playoffs in quite arguably the strongest district in the state in any classifcation) and everytbody thinks we are overrated? 3A's dose of realism is headed their way. Do I say this arrogantly? no, I say it because I have watched Brownwood Football for over 20 years and I know what the program is capable of every season.

I am not trying to guarantee a state chanpionship (not even close), but Brownwood is hungry and optimistic and ready to show 3A what they are capable of. Brownwood teams are engineered to peak late in District play, so even if we lose early in the season (which will probably happen), not worried about it... Seen it too many times... 2002 is a good example...

Lose Early in the season!:thinking: :thinking:

:D :taunt: :stirpot: :p

Wylie will dominated by 1. :D 21 - 20 final score!:D

garciap77
08-22-2008, 09:40 AM

Brownwood is good!

Sweetwater is better!:D

Rocket
08-22-2008, 09:46 AM
Brownwood is good!

Sweetwater is better!:D

What is this Brownwood is Good stuff...
Is that an inside joke?

Sweetwater Red
08-22-2008, 09:49 AM

You bet!:thumbsup:

I noticed he went back and edited it to what he meant to say.
Does that mean he has admitted he was wrong and I win?:evillol:

Lion_Addict
08-22-2008, 09:53 AM
Does that me he has admitted he was wrong and I win?:evillol:

A Sweetwater win? :thinking: . Naaahhhhh :p :D

Rocket
08-22-2008, 09:55 AM

Well whoopty freakin' doo... :rolleyes:

Ranger Mom
08-22-2008, 10:01 AM

Good comeback!!:2thumbsup

Sweetwater Red
08-22-2008, 10:05 AM

Now THIS is an IGNORANT POST.:dispntd:

wimbo_pro
08-22-2008, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by BwdLions
wimp pro, are posts like this really necessary? I guess they make you feel better about yourself. :dispntd:

LOLOLOL..oh come on now...this is fun.

As I said, I really dont have any grudge or "death wish" for Brownwood this season. I have been there a couple of times as Wimberley played in the Classic...I think in 2005 and 2006, or something like that. I thought the town was unique, I had no idea it was as big as it is with so much going on.

I just dont think its right that any 3A team has a college in the town, more than 2 McDonalds/Dairy Queens/Wendy's or WhataBurgers and especially a WalMart. It's cheating. It's like China!!!

wimbo_pro
08-22-2008, 10:25 AM
nm

nobogey72
08-22-2008, 10:29 AM

You are like a burned down school building------- NO CLASS. A CLASSY poster would have said "Well lawdy freadin' da". That would have been way more cool.:rolleyes:

Lion_Addict
08-22-2008, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by nobogey72
A CLASSY poster would have said "Well lawdy freadin' da". That would have been way more cool.:rolleyes:

:confused: :confused: :p

BwdLions
08-22-2008, 10:47 AM
You are like a burned down school building------- NO CLASS. A CLASSY poster would have said "Well lawdy freadin' da". That would have been way more cool.:rolleyes:

You're just jealous you didn't post it. What does "freadin" mean anyway?

nobogey72
08-22-2008, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by BwdLions
You're just jealous you didn't post it. What does "freadin" mean anyway?

sometimes my right nasty finger doesn't know what my left nasty finger is doing. :doh:

LHexPlayer
08-22-2008, 11:09 AM
I agree with Wimbo. I too am so sick of Brownwood.

Ranger Mom
08-22-2008, 11:11 AM
sometimes my right nasty finger doesn't know what my left nasty finger is doing. :doh:

:eek: :eek:

Lion_Addict
08-22-2008, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by LHexPlayer

But yet, continue to talk about Brownwood :thinking: . Keep on keeping on. We're enjoying all the "hatin" :D

Rocket
08-22-2008, 11:17 AM
Now THIS is an IGNORANT POST.:dispntd:

um no.

Lion_Addict
08-22-2008, 11:18 AM

I was starting to get hungry till this ..... thanks alot :ack!:

Sweetwater Red
08-22-2008, 11:20 AM
um no.

Okay now you're just trying to pad your post count with
jimberish.:thinking:

Sweetwater Red
08-22-2008, 11:23 AM
I was starting to get hungry till this ..... thanks alot :ack!:

When I read his post, the first thing I thought of was the Drill
Sargeant in Full Metal Jacket when he was talking about
Mary Jane Rotten...uh never mind.:speech:

wimbo_pro
08-22-2008, 11:25 AM
When I read his post, the first thing I thought of was the Drill
Sargeant in Full Metal Jacket when he was talking about
Mary Jane Rotten...uh never mind.:speech:

For the love of god, stop with this talk at the lunch hour.

<<<note to self...scratch Taco's off the lunch menu>>>

Rocket
08-22-2008, 11:33 AM
Okay now you're just trying to pad your post count with
jimberish.:thinking:

?

Sweetwater Red
08-22-2008, 11:37 AM

<<<note to self...scratch Taco's off the lunch menu>>>

Jim Carrey in Me, Myself, and Irene when in supermarket
check out line talking to woman.

"What the matter? Got a little cheese on the taco?"

Lion_Addict
08-22-2008, 11:46 AM
Jim Carrey in Me, Myself, and Irene when in supermarket
check out line talking to woman.

"What the matter? Got a little cheese on the taco?"

HA HA HA! I remember that one. Am officially skipping lunch now :(

espn1
08-22-2008, 11:47 AM

<<<note to self...scratch Taco's off the lunch menu>>> Tacos are good! Just stay away from the Footlongs!:D :D :D

garciap77
08-22-2008, 12:03 PM
LOLOLOL..oh come on now...this is fun.

As I said, I really dont have any grudge or "death wish" for Brownwood this season. I have been there a couple of times as Wimberley played in the Classic...I think in 2005 and 2006, or something like that. I thought the town was unique, I had no idea it was as big as it is with so much going on.

I just dont think its right that any 3A team has a college in the town, more than 2 McDonalds/Dairy Queens/Wendy's or WhataBurgers and especially a WalMart. It's cheating. It's like China!!!

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd

A Starbucks!!!!:D

garciap77
08-22-2008, 12:10 PM

And Sweetwater owns Brownwood in that matchup!:D

Brownwood is good.

Sweetwater is better!:p :taunt: :stirpot:

Lion_Addict
08-22-2008, 12:15 PM
And Sweetwater owns Brownwood in that matchup!:D

Brownwood is good.

Sweetwater is better!:p :taunt: :stirpot:

OK dude, you're starting to freak me out a little bit :twitch: :crazy:

garciap77
08-22-2008, 12:25 PM
OK dude, you're starting to freak me out a little bit :twitch: :crazy:

Easy Lion Addict, JK!;) All the games in our district will be good! There will be no rolling this year!:)

Old Tiger
08-22-2008, 12:33 PM
I don't think they'll get the reality check like WO-S did due to being in a top heavy region. :(

Rocket
08-22-2008, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
I don't think they'll get the reality check like WO-S did due to being in a top heavy region. :(

Due to being better than W-OS... ;)

wimbo_pro
08-22-2008, 01:14 PM
Due to being better than W-OS... ;)

goodness gracious Rocket...hahahahaha

Rocket
08-22-2008, 01:19 PM
goodness gracious Rocket...hahahahaha

It's ridiculous to compare one 4A that drops to another... apples to oranges..

Daddy D 11
08-22-2008, 01:21 PM

very true:clap:

BwdLions
08-22-2008, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by LHexPlayer

:clap:

Txbroadcaster
08-22-2008, 02:29 PM

I agree...but WO-S had been not only been good but dominant at the 4A level before the drop down

WOS87
08-22-2008, 04:46 PM
how is going 5-5, 8-2 and 8-2 the 3 years before dropping to 3a dominant? True we have played in FOUR 4A state finals since either bwood or sweetwater played in their most recent championship games so our success has been quite a bit more recent than brownwoods so its true u can't really compare the two. ;)

Rocket
08-23-2008, 09:46 AM
how is going 5-5, 8-2 and 8-2 the 3 years before dropping to 3a dominant? True we have played in FOUR 4A state finals since either bwood or sweetwater played in their most recent championship games so our success has been quite a bit more recent than brownwoods so its true u can't really compare the two. ;)

Brownwood has been down for the last 4 years for several reasons. Schedule and District, Jarrett Lee moving to Brenham, and other internal facors that are now resolved also hurt us. In that time we were still able to go 4 Rounds deep and beat Abilene Wylie (State Semifinalist in 3A (2007). The scary thing is we are back up and now we are in 3A and our subvarsity teams are full of talent... so we are very optimistic that we won't be a WOS. Far from it. (No disrespect to WOS).

Thanks WOS87 for clearing this up with Txbroadcaster, who thinks the same thing applies to all 4A teams that are good in 4A and drop to 3A and struggle. Keep thinking that. We love it...be great to be looked at as an underdog... but all we had to do was drop and we got a Top 3 Ranking..slap in the face to all you old dogs in 3A, huh?

garciap77
08-23-2008, 10:52 AM
Brownwood has been down for the last 4 years for several reasons. Schedule and District, Jarrett Lee moving to Brenham, and other internal facors that are now resolved also hurt us. In that time we were still able to go 4 Rounds deep and beat Abilene Wylie (State Semifinalist in 3A (2007). The scary thing is we are back up and now we are in 3A and our subvarsity teams are full of talent... so we are very optimistic that we won't be a WOS. Far from it. (No disrespect to WOS).

Thanks WOS87 for clearing this up with Txbroadcaster, who thinks the same thing applies to all 4A teams that are good in 4A and drop to 3A and struggle. Keep thinking that. We love it...be great to be looked at as an underdog... but all we had to do was drop and we got a Top 3 Ranking..slap in the face to all you old dogs in 3A, huh?

WOS87
08-23-2008, 02:29 PM
. so we are very optimistic that we won't be a WOS. Far from it. (No disrespect to WOS).

:eek:

No disrespect to Brownwood but you should be lucky to do as well as WOS has their first 4 years in 3A in my opinion

Most Wins in the Past 4 Seasons by Current 3A Programs

1. Celina 60-2-0
2. Tatum 53-6-0
3. Cuero 51-6-0
4. Gilmer 50-4-0
5. Liberty Hill 50-8-0
6(t). Abilene Wylie 42-12-0
6(t). Snyder 42-12-0
8. West Orange-Stark 41-7-0
9. Wimberley 41-13-0
10. Giddings 40-9-0
11. Sweetwater 40-13-0
12. Devine 39-10-0
13. Argyle 38-14-0
14. Ingleside 37-12-0
15. Decatur 36-11-0
16. China Spring 36-13-0
17. Robinson 35-13-1
18. Canton 35-14-0
19. Cameron Yoe 35-14-0
20. Liberty-Eylau 35-16-0
21. Rio Hondo 34-10-0
22. Farmersville 34-14-0
23. Dallas Madison 33-13-0
24. Palestine 33-14-0
25. Hondo 33-16-0

78. Brownwood 23-24-0

Highest Winning Percentage over the past 4 seasons among current 3A Teams
1. Celina 96.77%
2. Gilmer 92.59%
3. Tatum 89.83%
4. Cuero 89.47%
5. Liberty Hill 86.21%
6. West Orange-Stark 85.42%
7. Giddings 81.63%
8. Devine 79.59%
9(t). Snyder 77.78%
9(t). Abilene Wylie 77.78%
11. Rio Hondo 77.27%
12. Decatur 76.60%
13. Wimberley 75.93%
14. Ingleside 75.51%
15. Sweetwater 75.47%
16. China Spring 73.47%
17. Argyle 73.08%
18. Robinson 72.45%
19. Dallas Madison 71.74%
20(t). Cameron Yoe 71.43%
20(t). Canton 71.43%
22. Farmersville 70.83%
23. Van 70.73%
24. Kennedale 70.45%
25. Palestine 70.21%

84. Brownwood 48.94%

wimbo_pro
08-23-2008, 03:03 PM
:eek:

No disrespect to Brownwood but you should be lucky to do as well as WOS has their first 4 years in 3A in my opinion.

78. Brownwood 23-24-0

84. Brownwood 48.94%

OH NO HE DIDNT!!!!! dayum WOS87!!!

<<<I knew there was trouble heading Rockets way when he invoked the WO-S analogy>>>

Sweetwater Red
08-23-2008, 03:11 PM

<<<I knew there was trouble heading Rockets way when he invoked the WO-S analogy>>>

You got that right!:thumbsup: :D

It'll take Rocket a week to figure out what just hit 'em.:doh:

bwdlionfan
08-23-2008, 03:24 PM

So you're comparing our 4A schedule against in a district with 3 state runnerups the last 4 years, plus games with Abilene High, Stephenville, etc to who WOS has played in 3A the last 4 years? That my friend is apples to oranges.

WOS87
08-23-2008, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
So you're comparing our 4A schedule against in a district with 3 state runnerups the last 4 years, plus games with Abilene High, Stephenville, etc to who WOS has played in 3A the last 4 years? That my friend is apples to oranges.

We have beaten a 4A State Semifinalist in Dayton in 2007, as well as the local Southeast Texas 4A district champion all 4 years from 2004-2007 (2004 Nederland, 2005 Beaumont Central, 2006 & 2007 Dayton)

We have lost 7 games in 4 years...

2 to 4A playoff teams Bay City and Nederland
1 to a 3A State Champion Wimberley
1 to a 3A State Finalist Jasper
2 to 3A State Quarterfinalists Giddings and Waco La Vega
and the final game was a definite upset by 3A playoff team Huffman in 2004 which we apparently will never live down

...care to go through the 24 losses Brownwood has had over the same time period?

wimbo_pro
08-23-2008, 03:55 PM
And the ref steps in to stop the fight....

Rocket
08-23-2008, 04:06 PM
We have beaten a 4A State Semifinalist in Dayton in 2007, as well as the local Southeast Texas 4A district champion all 4 years from 2004-2007 (2004 Nederland, 2005 Beaumont Central, 2006 & 2007 Dayton)

We have lost 7 games in 4 years...

2 to 4A playoff teams Bay City and Nederland
1 to a 3A State Champion Wimberley
1 to a 3A State Finalist Jasper
2 to 3A State Quarterfinalists Giddings and Waco La Vega
and the final game was a definite upset by Huffman in 2004 which we apparently will never live down

...care to go through the 24 losses Brownwood has had over the same time period?

Whoa whoa whoa.... I am not trying to start nothing here with WOS87..not at all. I am just sick of the WOS comparison. Let teh season be done before they start that. And what does that mean anyways?

We are comparing apples to oranges here...
Unless we played the same schedule, not really an accurate comparison. I would say that we could hang with WOS this season. Maybe we will see..maybe it will be Brownwood vs. WOS in the state champion game! ha ha

As far as saying that we are better than WOS coming into 3A..that is my opinion... probably not accurate..NO DISRESPECT TO WOS.

WOS87 - you have to consider our schedule and injury situations and losing Lee (which was going to start for us for 2 years) in the last 4 season loss count. We had some tough times. It's all over now.

WOS87
08-23-2008, 04:08 PM
OK.... truce

:)

wimbo_pro
08-23-2008, 04:27 PM
OK.... truce

WHAT???!!!???? NO TRUCE!!!! NO TRUCE!!!

I heard him say something about your stats were all wrong!!! Something about "stats are for losers"!!! Are you gonna take that?????:stirpot:

WOS87
08-23-2008, 04:30 PM
WHAT???!!!???? NO TRUCE!!!! NO TRUCE!!!

I heard him say something about your stats were all wrong!!! Something about "stats are for losers"!!! Are you gonna take that?????:stirpot:

Do we need to discuss Wimberley now wimbo_pro?

:devil:

wimbo_pro
08-23-2008, 04:31 PM
Truce.

WOS87
08-23-2008, 04:32 PM
Truce.

wimbo_pro
08-23-2008, 04:34 PM
You play dirty.

Sweetwater Red
08-23-2008, 07:54 PM
OK.... truce

No! No! No! A truce is a sign of weakness by whoever offers
it first.:(

I say you should drop so many stats on him that it will take
him a football season to dig out from under. In Brownwood's
case that should be ten games.

Oh! Feel free to talk about Sweetwater. We need all the
positive publicity we can get.:D

WOS87
08-23-2008, 07:56 PM
No! No! No! A truce is a sign of weakness by whoever offers
it first.:(

I say you should drop so many stats on him that it will take
him a football season to dig out from under. In Brownwood's
case that should be ten games.

Oh! Feel free to talk about Sweetwater. We need all the
positive publicity we can get.:D

Sorry but Rocket happens to be a friend of mine dating back more than a couple of years....

Not gonna do that

:kiss:

Sweetwater Red
08-23-2008, 08:00 PM
Sorry but Rocket happens to be a friend of mine dating back more than a couple of years....

Not gonna do that

I can't debate that but please tell me his isn't doctor.:eek:

:evillol: :D :evillol:

garciap77
08-23-2008, 08:20 PM

No! Look here are you will find your answer Red. http://www.repetrope.com/men/competitors/detail.asp?CompetitorID=351;) ;) ;)

WOS87
08-23-2008, 08:33 PM
No! Look here are you will find your answer Red. http://www.repetrope.com/men/competitors/detail.asp?CompetitorID=351;) ;) ;)

He could be in the medical field...

I always thought he was a Chief Medical Officer actually..

Click here --->LINK (http://www.sfiussindiana.com/Conventions.html)

;)

garciap77
08-23-2008, 08:36 PM

;)

:D :D :D;)

Sweetwater Red
08-24-2008, 09:05 AM

;)

That gal in the picture below Rocket is hot. The picture isn't
very flattering but I bet she looks alot better in person.:inlove:

Rocket
08-24-2008, 10:08 AM

Here is my profile...

Rodney Davis
Birthplace: Lampasas, Texas
Height: 5-9
Weight: 175
High School: Brownwood High School
Occupation: Framing Design Supervisor at an Engineering Firm in Richardson, Texas.

Interesting Facts:
Never played a down of football for Brownwood. Played Basketball. Has followed Brownwood Lion Football since he moved there in 1984. Graduated from Howard Payne University with a BS in All Level Education. Coached and taught at Brownwood for 4 years under WT Stapler and Steve Freeman. Dad coaches for Brownwood. Started BrownwoodLions.com with his brother in 2002. Loves Chicken and Chinese Food. Loves to talk smack!

garciap77
08-24-2008, 10:10 AM
That gal in the picture below Rocket is hot. The picture isn't
very flattering but I bet she looks alot better in person.:inlove:

You'll have to confirm that with Go Blue!:D

Rocket
08-24-2008, 10:13 AM

Not gonna do that

Yep... I have the utmost respect for WOS87. Never wanted to start anything with him or ever will, for that matter.

Sweetwater Red
08-24-2008, 10:14 AM
You'll have to confirm that with Go Blue!:D

We don't have the same taste. I prefer women that look like
they've been out of HS for ten plus years. His women look like
they've been out of HS for maybe ten days.:doh:

garciap77
08-24-2008, 10:15 AM
Yep... I have the utmost respect for WOS87. Never wanted to start anything with him or ever will, for that matter.

:inlove: :inlove: :inlove:
:kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

wimbo_pro
08-24-2008, 10:46 AM

Not gonna do that

Well...we can dream, can't we?

WOS1
08-24-2008, 03:47 PM
This exact thing happened when WOS dropped in 04. You get accused of assuming you have already won the title. Then, when you try to explain you aren't, you get accused of ganging up. Then, when you argue that you aren't ganging up, you get accused of being defensive. Then, after all of that, all of your fans are accused of being A-holes because all you want to do is argue with everyone. Half of your fans will get fed up with it and quit coming to the site then everyone will eventually forget about you. THEN a few will be able to trickle back in and have legitimate football conversations without an all out brawl.:D

Rocket
08-24-2008, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by WOS1
This exact thing happened when WOS dropped in 04. You get accused of assuming you have already won the title. Then, when you try to explain you aren't, you get accused of ganging up. Then, when you argue that you aren't ganging up, you get accused of being defensive. Then, after all of that, all of your fans are accused of being A-holes because all you want to do is argue with everyone. Half of your fans will get fed up with it and quit coming to the site then everyone will eventually forget about you. THEN a few will be able to trickle back in and have legitimate football conversations without an all out brawl.:D

Nicely put.. WOS87. I am either going to look like a fool or look like a genius in December. Either way, it is all in fun. :)

I think most of these 3A fans think that 4A fans disrespect them so they attack. No biggie. I have said it before that I am happy to be in 3A where people actually care about their football. Makes it alot more fun. Alot of the 4A's don't even have a following, especially in the metroplex.

WOS1
08-24-2008, 04:12 PM
Nicely put.. WOS87. I am either going to look like a fool or look like a genius in December. Either way, it is all in fun. :)

I think most of these 3A fans think that 4A fans disrespect them so they attack. No biggie. I have said it before that I am happy to be in 3A where people actually care about their football. Makes it alot more fun. Alot of the 4A's don't even have a following, especially in the metroplex.

That would be WOS1, thank you!;)