PDA

View Full Version : Which cell phone provider..

mistanice
08-21-2008, 05:57 PM
do you have?

I've been with Sprint for 6 years now, but looking for a change.

Anyone have suggestions

Old Tiger
08-21-2008, 06:00 PM
AT&T or Alltel

Sprint sucks

Ranger Mom
08-21-2008, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
AT&T or Alltel

Sprint sucks

I have had Sprint for 7 years and never had any problems.....my sister has AT&T and even works for them and I have way less problems than she does!

Necks_Fan
08-21-2008, 09:15 PM
I have T-mobile.

It's the only phone service that I found that gets reception at my house, and I have had great service with their help team.

The only complaint I have is that their phones suck..... they constantly malfunction.... but when mine screws up, I call t mobile and they send me a new phone for free, I just pay shipping.

It's kinda cool to get a new phone every 3-4 months.

Keith7
08-21-2008, 09:21 PM
I have at&t and have had it for 8 years now, and it is the bomb!!!! BBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

sinton66
08-21-2008, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I have had Sprint for 7 years and never had any problems.....my sister has AT&T and even works for them and I have way less problems than she does!

I've had Sprint for about 8 years now, and other than them trying to charge me for an advertising text message THEY sent to me once, I really can't complain. I have a Motorola Razr and love it. I had Nextel for about a year and hated it because of the no coverage more than five miles from an Interstate highway.

3ABirdMan
08-22-2008, 07:47 AM
Centennial Wireless - they have stores in Orange, Nederland, and Beaumont, and NOWHERE ELSE IN TEXAS as far as I know! BUT I have had GREAT service from the phone equipment as well as the local stores.

When I got our first 13 lb bag phone (for my wife) about 16 years ago, we started with (now Verizon) GTE Mobilnet. Their service was HORRIBLE! I had phone service (bars), but couldn't get a tower to complete a call. Nobody could tell me why! I called everyone I could in their Customer Service department, went to numerous outlets (including Radio Shack) in several different locations in Orange and Beaumont, and NOBODY could tell me why the towers wouldn't recognize and complete my calls! What good is a phone if you can't USE IT?

Because of the lack of (customer) service, I got really ticked, and switched to the only other service provider (at the time) - Centennial Wireless. We've been with them for about 10 years now, and have had NO problems.

Cameron Crazy
08-22-2008, 08:07 AM
I have Altell and its pretty good. Pricing is nice and the MyCircle option is great.

crzyjournalist03
08-22-2008, 08:45 AM
I have ATT; switched from T-Mobile after a couple of years when T-Mobile service sucked pretty bad in Denton. I hear it's gotten better, but I rarely drop calls with ATT.

Emerson1
08-22-2008, 11:25 AM
I get very many dropped called on ATT

SintonFan_inAustin
08-22-2008, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
AT&T or Alltel

Sprint sucks

:lies:

Sprint is the best :)

shankbear
08-22-2008, 06:35 PM
I stayed with Verizon because of their treatment after Hurricane Rita. We had evacuated from Orange to Mt. Enterprise. Nobody's voice service could get out regardless of carrier. Texts would go as it was explained to me because of packet size. Whatever. My text bill was huge and Verizon waived all charges other than regular service for the month including the evacuation.

Does anybody use Cricket?

LH Panther Mom
08-22-2008, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by shankbear
I tried getting it for my son awhile back, but there were snafus at the store. :rolleyes:

Old Green
08-22-2008, 06:48 PM
I've had AT & T going on 10 years. Never any problems for me.

navscanmaster
08-22-2008, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by shankbear
I stayed with Verizon because of their treatment after Hurricane Rita. We had evacuated from Orange to Mt. Enterprise. Nobody's voice service could get out regardless of carrier. Texts would go as it was explained to me because of packet size. Whatever. My text bill was huge and Verizon waived all charges other than regular service for the month including the evacuation.

I have been with Verizon for 10 years now, though 2 of that was as a minor. I have always had good service, and my wife and I have a nationwide plan. We recently cut our minutes in half and are having people call us on our landline to save usage. I am happy, but the internet service, which I have for my laptop I am using, is slower than DSL and doesn't allow streaming video :mad: . We can't get DSL because our subdivision was built with a small bandwidth cable, and it was filled up two months before we moved here. They (Embarq) are waiting on the new Holiday Inn Express to be started before they add a new trunk.:mad: again.

Overall, I am satisfied with Verizon.

ILS1
08-23-2008, 07:33 AM
Had PrimeCo (remember them) for about a year or so. It was actually decent for what a phone was made for back then. Then I switched to Sprint, which I had for 7 1/2 years. They ended up ticking me off not once,not twice but thrice!!! So I said aloha to them. I've been with Cingular/AT & T for about a little over 3 years now. I hated it when the originally merged because the phone service and customer service totally sucked at the time!!! They have eventually gotten most of the kinks out and I am now happy with them!!!

:D :D :D

Pmoney
08-23-2008, 01:06 PM
I have AT&T now, I switched from Alltel when I moved to Denton...My only problem is that I recently had to get a new phone becuase mine was defective