PDA

View Full Version : Non-sports Forum?

carter08
08-19-2008, 06:29 PM
Lame!

eagles_victory
08-19-2008, 06:51 PM
I agree Carter an absolute huge mistake.

jason
08-19-2008, 11:09 PM
why have 2 forums? it hasnt been a problem in the past....

stupid.........

Emerson1
08-19-2008, 11:11 PM
Hasn't this been tried and failed already?

Emerson1
08-19-2008, 11:12 PM
Wasn't this not done forever because the entire 3adownlow community voted against it?

sinton66
08-19-2008, 11:15 PM
No, only about 70% voted against it initially. And the numbers have been steadily dropping everytime we ask. We're going to try it and see how it works out.

LH Panther Mom
08-19-2008, 11:21 PM
Last season, we moved the non-sports topics DURING FOOTBALL to the suggestion forum. This year, it's been renamed.

Emerson1
08-19-2008, 11:23 PM
Or you wanted it

sinton66
08-19-2008, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Or you wanted it

You don't know near as much as you THINK you do. Be a good idea for you to leave it alone.

eagles_victory
08-20-2008, 01:15 AM
I just dont understand why this wasnt taken to a vote and the decision was made fairly?? :confused:

carter08
08-20-2008, 02:50 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
I just dont understand why this wasnt taken to a vote and the decision was made fairly?? :confused:

You act like we live in a Democratic nation.

:rolleyes:

Maroon87
08-20-2008, 08:59 AM
This isn't exactly taxation without representation, guys...:nerd:

pirate4state
08-20-2008, 09:53 AM
3 months, it's only for 3 months. get a grip

Emerson1
08-20-2008, 10:04 AM
It would make more sense to make it HS Football and then Everything Else. Because it seems like you would want to easily be able to look just at HS football threads

pirate4state
08-20-2008, 10:11 AM
It would make more sense to make it HS Football and then Everything Else. Because it seems like you would want to easily be able to look just at HS football threads

Sports are sports. It really is not that big of a deal.

How many HS football threads do you start anyway?

eagles_victory
08-20-2008, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
This isn't exactly taxation without representation, guys...:nerd: True but doing something just because you can hasnt ever made a lot of sense to me. Why does my thing say huge mistake instead of All-American? I pmed 66 but he hasnt answered yet

carter08
08-20-2008, 10:29 AM
True but doing something just because you can hasnt ever made a lot of sense to me. Why does my thing say huge mistake instead of All-American? I pmed 66 but apparently hes ducking the question.

Mine says lame.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

eagles_victory
08-20-2008, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by carter08
My says lame.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Talk about lame doing that is lame.

Emerson1
08-20-2008, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Sports are sports. It really is not that big of a deal.

How many HS football threads do you start anyway?

Because when people were complaining, it was about having to weed through all non-hs football threads to find stuff about HS football.

Old Green
08-20-2008, 10:58 AM
Because when people were complaining, it was about having to weed through all non-hs football threads to find stuff about HS football. You hit the nail right on the head Kyle. It's only for Football season guys.

pirate4state
08-20-2008, 11:35 AM
Because when people were complaining, it was about having to weed through all non-hs football threads to find stuff about HS football. which is why we have this forum during football season. if you look at the home page right now there are only 5 topics that are not related to HS football!

once HS football kicks off and IF we see that pro/college/any other sporting thread is taking over the board we'll move them over here so that there is only HS football talk on the main board. i doubt that happens, but it's an easy fix.

Old Tiger
08-20-2008, 11:51 AM
dumb....

hate it...

cry babies need to shut up....

stupid....

Maroon87
08-20-2008, 12:38 PM
True but doing something just because you can hasnt ever made a lot of sense to me.

You mean like posting on a message board?:thinking:

LHexPlayer
08-20-2008, 12:47 PM
That's it! I'm out. So sick of this crap. You finally get use to living one way and then the people you thought you trusted change everything. Then your whole world comes crashing down. I can't handle the unstable environment here. So I'm leaving. Who is coming with me? Come on guys. Who?

Ok, just kidding. I wish I knew how to quit you.:D

JR2004
08-20-2008, 01:46 PM
I don't see the problem. This makes it easier for me to sift through and read the threads I'm interested in. Most of what I read on this board is non-sports topics so I'm glad to see it like this, even if just during football season.

Ranger Mom
08-20-2008, 02:17 PM
I'm not a big fan of separate forums, anyone that even remotely knows me, knows this!!

But...I can see the need for it during football season!

sinton66
08-20-2008, 02:21 PM
True but doing something just because you can hasnt ever made a lot of sense to me. Why does my thing say huge mistake instead of All-American? I pmed 66 but he hasnt answered yet

There's an old saying about how your own words can come back and bite you in the butt.....looks like yours did.:hand:

LH Panther Mom
08-20-2008, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I'm not a big fan of separate forums, anyone that even remotely knows me, knows this!!

But...I can see the need for it during football season!
I'm with you, RM, on both parts. :thumbsup:

Old Tiger
08-20-2008, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
There's an old saying about how your own words can come back and bite you in the butt.....looks like yours did.:hand: you're a sad man

piratebg
08-20-2008, 02:46 PM
I say if it ain't broke then don't fix it, but I'm not gonna sit here and cry about it all day. I had no idea there were a bunch of crybabies wanting this done.

jason
08-20-2008, 02:47 PM
There's an old saying about how your own words can come back and bite you in the butt.....looks like yours did.:hand: that's pretty crappy - especially coming from a board 'leader'....

pirate4state
08-20-2008, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by jason
that's pretty crappy - especially coming from a board 'leader'.... oh give me a break! yall can give the board leaders a hard time & when we try to have fun it's not okay? :rolleyes:

:bigcry:

Bull's-eye
08-20-2008, 03:25 PM
Boy!, I got crucified for suggesting this a few months back and was told by a few to leave or it aint going to happen. Let's give it a try and see how it works. I think once we all get accustomed to 2 boards, it will be better for the Downlow.

LH Panther Mom
08-20-2008, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Boy!, I got crucified for suggesting this a few months back and was told by a few to leave or it aint going to happen. Let's give it a try and see how it works. I think once we all get accustomed to 2 boards, it will be better for the Downlow.
I'd have to go look, but my memory thinks your suggestion was made during a time that there weren't a lot of sports going on. We did actually move (or tried to, anyway) all non-sports thread to this forum LAST football season. The only thing that has changed is the name. Once football is over, it's highly likely things will go back to the way they were. :)

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-20-2008, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye

The suggestion came from you, and you are a Bellville fan, enough said.

pirate4state
08-20-2008, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
The only thing that has changed is the name. Once football is over, it's highly likely things will go back to the way they were. :)

As it should be. I like the one discussion board, but definately see the need for a separate forum during football season as Kellye said earlier.

LH Panther Mom
08-20-2008, 03:32 PM
As it should be. I like the one discussion board, but definately see the need for a separate forum during football season as Kellye said earlier. :iagree: :iagree:

Ranger Mom
08-20-2008, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma

What's that supposed to mean?? What does it matter who he is a fan of?

pirate4state
08-20-2008, 03:50 PM
What's that supposed to mean?? What does it matter who he is a fan of? I think it means he thinks we or maybe it's just ME is out to get Bellville fans. Which is pretty funny when you think about it since I always considered myself a fan of Bellville.

BrahmaMom is a very nice lady.

Bull's-eye
08-20-2008, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma

Bellville fans are usually smarter than the average fan. :D

eagles_victory
08-20-2008, 03:58 PM
There's an old saying about how your own words can come back and bite you in the butt.....looks like yours did.:hand: Excuse me for giving my opinion thought thats what this place was all about. I tried to take it up with you in pms but you wont do it. Pretty childish to change my thing just because I didnt agree with you.

sinton66
08-20-2008, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by jason
that's pretty crappy - especially coming from a board 'leader'....

You know what they say about opinions, don't you?

piratebg
08-20-2008, 04:03 PM
Everybody has one?

Bull's-eye
08-20-2008, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I'd have to go look, but my memory thinks your suggestion was made during a time that there weren't a lot of sports going on. We did actually move (or tried to, anyway) all non-sports thread to this forum LAST football season. The only thing that has changed is the name. Once football is over, it's highly likely things will go back to the way they were. :)

Cool:cool: Works for me.

pirate4state
08-20-2008, 04:13 PM
Excuse me for giving my opinion thought thats what this place was all about. I tried to take it up with you in pms but you wont do it. Pretty childish to change my thing just because I didnt agree with you.

it's not b/c he didn't agree with you. he was actually trying to have a little fun. something we all think he isn't capable of from time to time. the minute he does it everyone's feelers get hurt. old people are allowed to have fun too, huh 66? :D :D

eagles_victory
08-20-2008, 04:14 PM
it's not b/c he didn't agree with you. he was actually trying to have a little fun. something we all think he isn't capable of from time to time. the minute he does it everyone's feelers get hurt. old people are allowed to have fun too, huh 66? :D :D ok thats fine why dont i get to put what I think of him and you next to yalls names :D

pirate4state
08-20-2008, 04:17 PM
ok thats fine why dont i get to put what I think of him and you next to yalls names :D because you aren't an admin. hello. LOL

sinton66
08-20-2008, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
Everybody has one?

and some of them really stink.;)

pirate4state
08-20-2008, 04:18 PM
and some of them really stink.;) all of them do :p

piratebg
08-20-2008, 04:20 PM
all of them do :p

Your's included? :p

sinton66
08-20-2008, 04:21 PM
all of them do :p

some just stink. some REALLY stink.

Ranger Mom
08-20-2008, 04:25 PM
ok thats fine why dont i get to put what I think of him and you next to yalls names :D

When I saw it, I thought it was hilarious......I didn't think it was anything to get mad at, at all!!

Tony playing a joke is a GOOD thing, trust me!!:D :D

Necks_Fan
08-21-2008, 12:44 PM
Haha! That is greatness to change their things to "lame" and whatever you changed EV's to...

That is classic....:clap:

Ranger Mom
08-21-2008, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
Haha! That is greatness to change their things to "lame" and whatever you changed EV's to...

That is classic....:clap:

It was "huge mistake!"

:p

eagles_victory
08-21-2008, 02:00 PM

That is classic....:clap: if thats classic to you. You may possibly consider getting out more. Now if i could change 66's to what I wanted to then you would get a real big laugh.

Necks_Fan
08-21-2008, 02:35 PM
if thats classic to you. You may possibly consider getting out more. Now if i could change 66's to what I wanted to then you would get a real big laugh. C'mon, you can't tell me that you didn't think it was funny. Get your panties out of a wad.

eagles_victory
08-21-2008, 02:46 PM
C'mon, you can't tell me that you didn't think it was funny. Get your panties out of a wad. Nah its all good "my panties arent in a wad" I misunderstood 66 at first and didnt get it but now its cool but I do think I could think of something really funny to put by 66s name if given the chance.

Necks_Fan
08-21-2008, 02:47 PM
Nah its all good "my panties arent in a wad" I misunderstood 66 at first and didnt get it but now its cool but I do think I could think of something really funny to put by 66s name if given the chance. I'm sure for the right price, you could make it happen.:D

eagles_victory
08-21-2008, 02:57 PM
I'm sure for the right price, you could make it happen.:D Yea me and the Sinton mods have a love hate realtionship. I complain about basically everything they do but its never personal lol.

Necks_Fan
08-21-2008, 03:01 PM
Yea me and the Sinton mods have a love hate realtionship. I complain about basically everything they do but its never personal lol. Lol. Sometimes P4S gets pissed at me but it's whatever. We both get over it.

coach
08-21-2008, 04:29 PM
is retarded...so now by my name can i have retarded???

also what isf i talk fb on this forum????

and imo this is ridiculous to have two forums and a certain someone shows how immature he can be by changing there thing below there name and thinking it was cute...but really what is cute and funny is how goofy he really looked

Ranger Mom
08-21-2008, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by coach

and imo this is ridiculous to have two forums and a certain someone shows how immature he can be by changing there thing below there name and thinking it was cute...but really what is cute and funny is how goofy he really looked

Aren't you like a day late???

crzyjournalist03
08-21-2008, 05:11 PM
Whose name changed?

pirate4state
08-21-2008, 05:27 PM

if you talk football on this board we might just make a new label just for you! :D chances are you'd have to share it with a few others.

how immature are you that you can't even say that you think Sinton66 was being immature and that he looked goofy, in your opinion.

i think this rant is pretty immature and so is my response! so there!

coach
08-21-2008, 05:28 PM
Aren't you like a day late???

nope i saw the thread today for the first time so i decided to give my own opinion

coach
08-21-2008, 05:30 PM
if you talk football on this board we might just make a new label just for you! :D chances are you'd have to share it with a few others.

how immature are you that you can't even say that you think Sinton66 was being immature and that he looked goofy, in your opinion.

i think this rant is pretty immature and so is my response! so there!

bc then it would be name calling which is not allowed on this board...cmon ur a mod u should know that duh:p

pirate4state
08-21-2008, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Whose name changed? 66 replaced "All American" with "lame" for Carter and "huge mistake" for EV.

it was just a joke, but they didn't think it was very funny. maybe Tony should joke around more often so they aren't so shell shocked when it does happen. :D

pirate4state
08-21-2008, 05:31 PM
bc then it would be name calling which is not allowed on this board...cmon ur a mod u should know that duh:p :doh: i fail to see how that would be name calling, but whatever.

coach
08-21-2008, 05:34 PM
when i say sinton is dumb and being immature ..thats name calling...i mean i have no problem telling ppl how it is but i was just trying to respect the rules without using any names...

pirate4state
08-21-2008, 05:38 PM
when i say sinton is dumb and being immature ..thats name calling...i mean i have no problem telling ppl how it is but i was just trying to respect the rules without using any names... so you knowingly broke a rule? :doh: you really a retarded. i'm sorry.

pirate4state
08-21-2008, 05:39 PM
okay coach ... gotta go. :wave: hopefully others will see i was just teasing. i don't know what you were doing though. maybe that makes me a little retarded. :confused: :D

coach
08-21-2008, 06:27 PM
so you knowingly broke a rule? :doh: you really a retarded. i'm sorry.

no i didnt brake a rule bc i never used his name...that was the whole point of me not using his name...dang pirate ur making my head hurt

Old Tiger
08-21-2008, 06:28 PM
this is the dumbest idea EVER!

Administrator
08-21-2008, 06:34 PM
We are glad to help our members out in almost any way possible, which includes adding a non-sports forum just for the football season. The more complaining that occurs, the longer we will require non sports posts in this forum AFTER the season ends, errr.. Maybe we will randomly move different threads between the two forums instead, to make everyone have to click on both sports and non sports forums. :D Can I be joking, or am I being serious? hmmmm. :thinking: :D

coach
08-21-2008, 06:40 PM
so does that mean we can have a non sports meet and greet?

Ranger Mom
08-21-2008, 06:57 PM
so does that mean we can have a non sports meet and greet?

We have had plenty of M&G's that weren't sports related.....Inks lake, for instance.

In my opinion, for whatever it's worth, 66 wasn't calling ANYONE names.

Carter put that this new forum was "lame" and EV said it was a "huge mistake"....and 66 just took their own words and made them their user title for a little bit....BIG WHOOPTY DO!!!!

Heck, we are told to loosen up and when we do, we are told we are immature.

I wish my user title could be, "damned if we do and damned if we don't"

Tony...can you make that happen??

:D

sinton66
08-21-2008, 07:13 PM
People who RARELY (if ever) post anyrthing sports related griping about having a non sports forum. How ironic. They're just mad their bs won't be on the main forum.:bigcry:

Old Tiger
08-21-2008, 07:24 PM
People who RARELY (if ever) post anyrthing sports related griping about having a non sports forum. How ironic. They're just mad their bs won't be on the main forum.:bigcry: i just hate having to switch between the two forums to friggin read everything...biggest waste of my time

Ranger Mom
08-21-2008, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
i just hate having to switch between the two forums to friggin read everything...biggest waste of my time

Use the "view new posts" link......then they are all on the same page and it only brings up the ones you haven't read!

sinton66
08-21-2008, 07:41 PM
i just hate having to switch between the two forums to friggin read everything...biggest waste of my time

Now you know how the die-hards feel about having to weed through the garbage threads. I'm sure THEY feel that's a big waste of THEIR time. (In fact, many have told us so).

I bet you can "tough it out" for three months. If you can't, perhaps you're wasting more than your time.

Old Tiger
08-21-2008, 07:51 PM
Now you know how the die-hards feel about having to weed through the garbage threads. I'm sure THEY feel that's a big waste of THEIR time. (In fact, many have told us so).

I bet you can "tough it out" for three months. If you can't, perhaps you're wasting more than your time. you're wasting bandwith

sinton66
08-21-2008, 08:08 PM
you're wasting bandwith

Perhaps, you should know yourself better than I know you.:p

AP Panther Fan
08-21-2008, 08:25 PM
As it should be. I like the one discussion board, but definately see the need for a separate forum during football season as Kellye said earlier.

I haven't read the 4 pages of "stuff" but personally I might like it alot. I can only read so much of the bickering bs on the football threads, but still want to post on the downlow, which I didn't feel like I could do last season.

I think this change will be positive and only a short-term fix, I hope.

sinton66
08-21-2008, 08:45 PM
Hey, as far as I'm concerned, if it keeps you posting, it's worth it.:D

AP Panther Fan
08-21-2008, 09:10 PM
Hey, as far as I'm concerned, if it keeps you posting, it's worth it.:D

Thank you...and if it makes sense, then why not?:D

Necks_Fan
08-21-2008, 09:11 PM
Switching forums is a waste of time..... but just posting on any forum isn't wasting time?

I mean, people come here when they are bored, and c'mon, we are all "wasting" time just by being here and not doing anything constructive.

AP Panther Fan
08-21-2008, 09:43 PM
Switching forums is a waste of time..... but just posting on any forum isn't wasting time?

I mean, people come here when they are bored, and c'mon, we are all "wasting" time just by being here and not doing anything constructive.

Granted, you are correct (relatively speaking), but some of us come here to communicate with the many friends we have made...it isn't all about football...and pissing matches...

Give up, I know change is difficult for some people, but embrace the positive aspects instead of just dwelling on the negative...umkaay?

We can still be friends if you post on this forum...I like a good joke and wasting my time during football season.;) :D

Ranger Mom
08-21-2008, 10:02 PM
I would much rather post nonsense in this forum than have to curb back on the "NF" posts all together on the sports forum!

AP Panther Fan
08-21-2008, 10:11 PM
I would much rather post nonsense in this forum than have to curb back on the "NF" posts all together on the sports forum!

Thank you...so many of these folks don't understand.

:kiss:

DaHop72
08-21-2008, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Granted, you are correct (relatively speaking), but some of us come here to communicate with the many friends we have made...it isn't all about football...and pissing matches...

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

AP Panther Fan
08-21-2008, 10:14 PM
We can still be friends if you post on this forum...I like a good joke and wasting my time during football season.;) :D

I also like talking about shoping, nail colors, shoes and what Ranger Mom's boss is doing. :D

Most of you won't understand, but it is a form of entertainment.:)

AP Panther Fan
08-21-2008, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

hugs and kisses to you!:kiss: :kiss:

Ranger Mom
08-21-2008, 10:15 PM
I also like talking about shoping, nail colors, shoes and what Ranger Mom's boss is doing. :D

Okay...that was funny!!

I was actually afraid we were gonna lose you last season when they told us to keep the NF posts to a minimum!!!

So far, I haven't had lots to say about my team....it's hard to discuss somebody elses team all the time!!

AP Panther Fan
08-21-2008, 10:26 PM

So far, I haven't had lots to say about my team....it's hard to discuss somebody elses team all the time!!

ditto...not all of us are from LH, Celina, Bwood, Snyder, Sweetwater and even Sinton:eek:

We love the sport and support our teams regardless...but you are correct, there isn't much to say at times.:) Okay, most of the time....;)

Trust me, if there is, I will be posting on the other forum.:D

AP Panther Fan
08-21-2008, 10:28 PM
ditto...not all of us are from LH, Celina, Bwood, Snyder, Sweetwater and even Sinton:eek:

ohhhh, I left out Cuero, sorry Lorey, you are in there too!:kiss:

LH Panther Mom
08-21-2008, 10:55 PM

Me too!!!!! :)

sinton66
08-22-2008, 08:45 AM

We love the sport and support our teams regardless...but you are correct, there isn't much to say at times.:) Okay, most of the time....;)

Trust me, if there is, I will be posting on the other forum.:D

I completely understand you're not from Sinton :eek: and will do my very best not to hold that against you. :taunt: