PDA

View Full Version : Question about driving

Pick6
08-21-2008, 03:09 PM
Do kids still have to take a driving test? When I got my license we would have to dirive with someone and pass a driving test. For some reason I'm thinking that has changed. Anyone know for sure?

eagles_victory
08-21-2008, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
Do kids still have to take a driving test? When I got my license we would have to dirive with someone and pass a driving test. For some reason I'm thinking that has changed. Anyone know for sure? Written test only where I live.

crzyjournalist03
08-21-2008, 03:16 PM
If you take a driver's ed course and pass, you're only required to take the written class. Without the driver's ed, you have to wait until you're 18 and take a driving test. At least I believe that's how it works now.

Ranger Mom
08-21-2008, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
If you take a driver's ed course and pass, you're only required to take the written class. Without the driver's ed, you have to wait until you're 18 and take a driving test. At least I believe that's how it works now.
'
That is correct....you have to pass a written AND driving test after 18.

Necks_Fan
08-21-2008, 03:21 PM
They have the driver's ed class that only requires a written test.

If you take the at home course, then it is up to the parent whether the child has to take a driving test.

If you do neither and wait til you are 18, then you have to take the driving test.