PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Hill @ Giddings

ronwx5x
08-21-2008, 01:39 PM
Let's get it started! The Pig has it as LH by 18. This does not take into consideration the home field advantage.

Can the Buffs recapture the glory and make it close or even an upset? No Brock, no Dock, no Locke.

espn1
08-21-2008, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
Let's get it started! The Pig has it as LH by 18. This does not take into consideration the home field advantage.

Can the Buffs recapture the glory and make it close or even an upset? No Brock, no Dock, no Locke. I'll know more after Sat. Burnet Scrimmages @ Giddings.

firstcat
08-21-2008, 02:59 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ronwx5x
[B]Let's get it started! The Pig has it as LH by 18. This does not take into consideration the home field advantage.

HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE???? YOUR GRASS IS OURS!!!!

You must have forgotten that this STATE is OURS....nobody has a homefield advantage against us!

Thought I'd get the trash talkin' started early...
you know how this panther just LUVS those Buffs!!!
:inlove: :inlove: :mad: :mad:

buff4life
08-21-2008, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by espn1
I'll know more after Sat. Burnet Scrimmages @ Giddings.

the scrimmage is tonight...

and as a Buff fan though i haven't seen them at all yet I would say LH by 18 is a safe bet, maybe only 14, but not closer barring a miracle, IMO, but i reserve the right to change that once I actually see the buffs if i go to the scrimmage tonight

Old Tiger
08-21-2008, 05:53 PM
well I'll take LH by the 18....they're good giddings is average

buff4life
08-21-2008, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
well I'll take LH by the 18....they're good giddings is average

if we keep it to 14 i'll take that as respectable considering its our first game after a huge graduation..

AND how can you have that pic but my avatar was too bad...funny :mad:

Old Tiger
08-21-2008, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
if we keep it to 14 i'll take that as respectable considering its our first game after a huge graduation..

AND how can you have that pic but my avatar was too bad...funny :mad: cause i'm me

true about the first part of our reply

1st and goal
08-21-2008, 09:44 PM
Just got back from the Burnet/Giddings scrimmage. I was quite impressed. I didn't keep score but I think during the "live" quarters Gtown scored once or twice and Burnet none. Burnet's pass timing was off. It could have been due to pressure but to me it seemed off. I think the QB needs a few more snaps. Giddings had some really good plays and a couple of slip ups. Burnet has a good looking Offensive line. They played quite a few plays in the shotgun formation. They gave up the ball at least twice with turnovers.

I truly think the refs penalized Giddings almost as many yards as Burnet advanced on their own. Not really but I would say they threw a flag on about 2 out of 5 plays. 8 out of 10 called on Giddings. Come on refs, its a scrimmage. You don't have to call a flag on every play. Let the kids practice, not you guys.

I heard one fan say Giddings is used to playing the refs and the opponents and that the refs practice getting their Giddings flag throwin' practice in during the scrimmages and preseason. I remember last season in Lagrange, the fastest guys on the field were the refs leaving at the end of the game. I clocked the slowest one at 4.35 across the 40.:rolleyes:

espn1
08-21-2008, 09:50 PM
SOB! I wanted to go!

Originally posted by 1st and goal
Just got back from the Burnet/Giddings scrimmage. I was quite impressed. I didn't keep score but I think during the "live" quarters Gtown scored once or twice and Burnet none. Burnet's pass timing was off. It could have been due to pressure but to me it seemed off. I think the QB needs a few more snaps. Giddings had some really good plays and a couple of slip ups. Burnet has a good looking Offensive line. They played quite a few plays in the shotgun formation. They gave up the ball at least twice with turnovers.

I truly think the refs penalized Giddings almost as many yards as Burnet advanced on their own. Not really but I would say they threw a flag on about 2 out of 5 plays. 8 out of 10 called on Giddings. Come on refs, its a scrimmage. You don't have to call a flag on every play. Let the kids practice, not you guys.

I heard one fan say Giddings is used to playing the refs and the opponents and that the refs practice getting their Giddings flag throwin' practice in during the scrimmages and preseason. I remember last season in Lagrange, the fastest guys on the field were the refs leaving at the end of the game. I clocked the slowest one at 4.35 across the 40.:rolleyes:

LH Panther Mom
08-21-2008, 09:52 PM
Come on refs, its a scrimmage. Let the kids practice, not you guys.
It's actually practice for both.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-21-2008, 10:33 PM

Was this scrimmage in Giddings?

zebrablue2
08-21-2008, 11:06 PM

:fnypost: LOL.....:eek:

DU_stud04
08-21-2008, 11:10 PM
liberty hill by 28

buff4ever
08-22-2008, 01:29 AM
few things I heard was that the buff defense looked good, offense moved the ball well then hurt ourselves with penalties or bad mistakes. Also heard we made burnet look slow, maybe they are.

This sounded like a good scrimmage for our young team, but they have a lot of growing up to do and mistakes to lose in one week to be ready to take on the two time defending state champs.

I would like to think that the buffs can do to LH what they did to the last defending state champs that came to gtown opening week. (blow out of wimberly) However that would be asking a lot this early in the year of this young and growing team.

I think the tradition and winning attitude of the giddings program will keep this game respectable, which would probably be good for the boys to build on for the rest of the year.

STILL PULLING FOR THE UPSET THOUGH.

1st and goal
08-22-2008, 09:38 AM
No trash talk here, you panthers have earned your respect. So no need to rub it in my face.

Giddings is in a rebuilding year too. The coach has more options than just the option. The panthers will for sure stick to what they know best.

I just hope for a good clean game with none of the boys getting hurt and no cheap shots. Sure, there will be some trash talk on the field but I hope its minimized by the refs.

Don't want to hijack the thread but I've heard a rumor maybe of some panthers not passing their PP test??? Can anyone substantiate this?

1 more thing, I talked to a buddy from Brownwood and he's full of confidence about playing LH. I'm pretty sure that game will be the major trash talk of the year.:rolleyes:

LH Panther Mom
08-22-2008, 09:41 AM
Don't want to hijack the thread but I've heard a rumor maybe of some panthers not passing their PP test???
HUH????? Steroid testing? I haven't heard about us being tested, so I'll have to ask my son if the company was here. :confused: :confused:

LH Panther Mom
08-22-2008, 06:37 PM
Don't want to hijack the thread but I've heard a rumor maybe of some panthers not passing their PP test??? Can anyone substantiate this?

There's been no steroid testing, so apparently you are either trying to start something or spread rumors. :mad:

LHexPlayer
08-22-2008, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
There's been no steroid testing, so apparently you are either trying to start something or spread rumors. :mad:

Thanks for clearing that up. Shocking that Giddings would try to stir something up. Not trying to imply that 1st and goal was the one starting the rumor. I just expect lots of bad blood with this Giddings game.

ProudHornetMom
08-22-2008, 07:40 PM
There were approximately 10,000 steroid tests administered with only 2 or 3 positive state-wide.

News would have leaked quickly and it would have been front page news if any of the state title teams tested positive...even if it's supposed to be confidential.

buff4life
08-22-2008, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by LHexPlayer
Thanks for clearing that up. Shocking that Giddings would try to stir something up. Not trying to imply that 1st and goal was the one starting the rumor. I just expect lots of bad blood with this Giddings game.

be a bigger person than that, his name has no affiliation with Giddings, put your bad blood in your back pocket and why don't you quit trying to start rumors

LHexPlayer
08-22-2008, 08:11 PM
be a bigger person than that, his name has no affiliation with Giddings, put your bad blood in your back pocket and why don't you quit trying to start rumors

Explain to me how I'm trying to start rumors? I'm responding to a rumor. Perhaps it didn't even come from Giddings. You are right about that. I shouldn't have been so presumptious. Also if for one minute you think there is no bad blood between Giddings and Liberty Hill, then you are mistaken.

buff4life
08-22-2008, 08:17 PM
i shouldn't have to quote it, you said " who would have thought the rumor would start in Giddings" that may not be verbatim but close enough...

and you're right there is bad blood, but when all that happened the kids playing now were sophomores so the true bad blood might not be there except for a handful of players

solocam
08-22-2008, 08:41 PM
I think Giddings is better than most people think,this will be a close game
Just my 2 cents worth

buff4life
08-23-2008, 01:30 AM
after watching Giddings in the scrimmage I agree, it may not be close, but we are decent, I think we have an abundance of speed, that will allow us to turn LH runs into 10 to 15 yarders instead of 30 and 40 yarders, but yet then LH will just take more time off the clock in scoring, if LH's slot T was more like Caldwell we would have a very good chance of stopping it, but theirs is so much more diversified its nearly impossible, keyword nearly

Buffgal
08-23-2008, 09:41 AM

and you're right there is bad blood, but when all that happened the kids playing now were sophomores so the true bad blood might not be there except for a handful of players

Well said. My son has had to listen to a lot of LH folks tell him how he's going down just like the last QB. He wants to win and he certainly does his fair share of "trash talking on the football field" but he just smiles and says "hey, I was a freshman and I was at the deer lease." My daughter gets it too but she plays the dumb blonde cheerleader and asks if we won or lost...that usually shuts them up.

And I truly think the bad blood thing is more of an adult thing because he is great friends with several of LH players and every stupid comment has always come from an adult, never from any kid from LH.

I wish each team good luck and I pray each night for referees that will take control of this game from the kick off. I don't care how many flags they throw, just keep both teams clean and playing with the emotion of this game not the past.

LH Panther Mom
08-23-2008, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Buffgal
Well said. My son has had to listen to a lot of LH folks tell him how he's going down just like the last QB. He wants to win and he certainly does his fair share of "trash talking on the football field" but he just smiles and says "hey, I was a freshman and I was at the deer lease." My daughter gets it too but she plays the dumb blonde cheerleader and asks if we won or lost...that usually shuts them up.

And I truly think the bad blood thing is more of an adult thing because he is great friends with several of LH players and every stupid comment has always come from an adult, never from any kid from LH.

I wish each team good luck and I pray each night for referees that will take control of this game from the kick off. I don't care how many flags they throw, just keep both teams clean and playing with the emotion of this game not the past.
You are right, I believe. It does seem to be more of an adult thing and it does come from both sides, and unfortunately is perpetuated by comments with inaccuracies and unfounded allegations still made in the media a year later, and on MB's & in person, almost 2 years later.

The kids that my son had close contact with on the field played with good sportsmanship & there was mutual respect from what he told me. It's unfortunate that (some) adults feel the need to stoop to the level that you, I and several others have experienced. :(

1st and goal
08-23-2008, 12:50 PM
I'm sorry if I offended anyone. It's just that the rumor included a number of athletes too.

I'm so glad it isn't true. Personnally, I'd like 100% testing to occur to keep the players safe. And keep the week they are tested random. I feel if they KNOW they'll be tested, they would absolutely refrain from using them. Just show them a close up picture of Mark Mcguire's face and neck at the height of his home run hitting.

Again, to all LH fans, players, and coaches, I didn't mean to start anything and I apologize if I did.

LH Panther Mom
08-23-2008, 06:58 PM
I'm sorry if I offended anyone. It's just that the rumor included a number of athletes too.

I'm so glad it isn't true. Personnally, I'd like 100% testing to occur to keep the players safe. And keep the week they are tested random. I feel if they KNOW they'll be tested, they would absolutely refrain from using them. Just show them a close up picture of Mark Mcguire's face and neck at the height of his home run hitting.

Again, to all LH fans, players, and coaches, I didn't mean to start anything and I apologize if I did.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: And I agree with you on testing.

Now, with that said.....

CATS RULE! BUFFALOES DROOL! :p

http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/6241/cow28168qj9.gif
(Yes, I know it's a cow, but I thought it was cute. :D Besides, I couldn't find a drooling buffalo. ;) )

Ranger Mom
08-23-2008, 09:37 PM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: And I agree with you on testing.

Now, with that said.....

CATS RULE! BUFFALOES DROOL! :p

http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/6241/cow28168qj9.gif
(Yes, I know it's a cow, but I thought it was cute. :D Besides, I couldn't find a drooling buffalo. ;) )

I immediately thought of juggs when I saw that picture.....for the life of me, I cannot imagine why!!:D

Tiger4Ever
08-23-2008, 10:53 PM
Giddings is a team that has some good athletes but when our JV scrimmaged them last year they were pretty bad. Alot can change in a year but it seems unlikely. Liberty Hill will roast Giddings and show the holes left by Brock, Locke, and Dock.

LH Panther Mom
08-24-2008, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I immediately thought of juggs when I saw that picture.....for the life of me, I cannot imagine why!!:D
Heehee! :D I have a itty bitty cow mooing, actually "muh" comes out of it's mouth, but it's not near as cute.

Old Tiger
08-24-2008, 11:03 AM
round 2 anyone? http://www.youtube.com/v/rx-392fIW8s&hl=en&fs=1

LH Panther Mom
08-24-2008, 11:21 AM
:foul: :foul: :foul:

Old Tiger
08-24-2008, 11:22 AM
:foul: :foul: :foul: i gotta get to mid season form quick :D about to be the start of football :D

LH Panther Mom
08-24-2008, 11:23 AM
i gotta get to mid season form quick :D about to be the start of football :D :hand: :hand: Like you need a lot of practice. :p

Old Tiger
08-24-2008, 11:25 AM
:hand: :hand: Like you need a lot of practice. :p well practice makes perfect is what they say ;)

ronwx5x
08-24-2008, 03:24 PM
M&G this year? I would like to meet some of the folks I argue with. Giddings posters should be able to recommend a good spot.:)

WOS1
08-24-2008, 03:24 PM
I predict this game will last about an hour and a half. Including halftime!:)

LH Panther Mom
08-24-2008, 03:25 PM
M&G this year? I would like to meet some of the folks I argue with. Giddings posters should be able to recommend a good spot.:)
I like the idea! :)

Old Tiger
08-24-2008, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by WOS1
I predict this game will last about an hour and a half. Including halftime!:) giddings appeared to throw the ball more this year.

HEMOTOXIC
08-24-2008, 06:35 PM
LH by 28

lhpantherdad
08-24-2008, 11:22 PM
I just want to know if Giddings is going to blow that awesome air horn. It sure was annoying at the playoff game in 2006...LOL

lhpantherdad
08-24-2008, 11:25 PM

Awe come on....let's not pick that old scab! :doh:

lhpantherdad
08-24-2008, 11:33 PM
So what's on the menu at the Giddings consession stand? (and don't say fried panther)...I'm partial to buffalo burgers myself...LOL

Is there more than one concession stand at the stadium?

Seriously, what's the best place to eat in town? Factors include price, speed of service and of course good food.

1st and goal
08-25-2008, 06:02 AM
The fast food restaurants have pretty much put the mom and pop eateries out of business.
If your a fast food junkie, they are all on 290 (past the 77 turn off)
DQ, Whataburger, McD,Taco Bell, Subway.

Circle W is on 290, on the left as you get into town (just before the railroad tracks)before 77.

In the parking lot of Walmart, there is a pretty good Chinese place called Hunans.

My 2 cents, stop in Elgin at Meyers BBQ on your way. Its the one just before the underpass on the right (290).

gtownfan
08-25-2008, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by lhpantherdad
I just want to know if Giddings is going to blow that awesome air horn. It sure was annoying at the playoff game in 2006...LOL

The air horn is only used during the playoffs. So ya don't have to worry about that.

Parking is going to be the main concern. The new high school is under construction and we lost about 1/3 - 1/2 of the available parking. They do have a new area to park in, but it will be a bit of a walk and real messy if it happens to rain.

K-MAC Chuck
08-25-2008, 07:58 AM

hey no worries...
believe me (and LHPM will confirm this), if there had been ANY truth to this, there would have been news posted well before the rumors started...

No way something would have happened and some of us wouldn't have known about it...

buff4life
08-25-2008, 12:34 PM
I like the idea! :)

somewhere by the scoreboard would be the best spot in all likelihood...
too bad i probably can't be there because i'm playing softball in the fayette county fair

buff4life
08-25-2008, 12:37 PM
The fast food restaurants have pretty much put the mom and pop eateries out of business.
If your a fast food junkie, they are all on 290 (past the 77 turn off)
DQ, Whataburger, McD,Taco Bell, Subway.

Circle W is on 290, on the left as you get into town (just before the railroad tracks)before 77.

In the parking lot of Walmart, there is a pretty good Chinese place called Hunans.

My 2 cents, stop in Elgin at Meyers BBQ on your way. Its the one just before the underpass on the right (290).
Theres also Jalisco's in Walmart parking lot, San Luis Potosi on 77 toward the stadium on 77, and El Charro T right across from sonic if you like Mexican food...

there are a few really good mom and pop eateries about four or five miles outside of town in either direction if someone wants directions just ask...

and ahead of time, please excuse us for the dificulty in parking we are in mid transition right now

pirate4state
08-25-2008, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by lhpantherdad
I just want to know if Giddings is going to blow that awesome air horn. It sure was annoying at the playoff game in 2006...LOL Didn't LH get one of those annoying horns this year? :hairpunk: I really can not stand those stupid things!

hookandladder
08-25-2008, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Tiger4Ever
Giddings is a team that has some good athletes but when our JV scrimmaged them last year they were pretty bad. Alot can change in a year but it seems unlikely. Liberty Hill will roast Giddings and show the holes left by Brock, Locke, and Dock.

I would not use their JV team to judge this years team, I remember looking at their Varsity roster and I know their were about 6 or 7 sophmores on there. Also over half were starting on varsity. People put to much stock in JV teams, in 3A schools and down it is not uncommon to see sophmores and freashmen on varsity. I would be willing to bet if Giddings would have kept their sophmores down on JV they would have kicked some butt.

Buffgal
08-25-2008, 10:08 PM
Giddings Supt is contacting LH Supt with details about parking. So information will be put out to Liberty Hill but for those on the 3adl that need info. Concession will be available but not sure of the menu. I will post later if I get addt'l info about food at the stadium. We always have a club serving something but not sure with all the construction.

PARKING INSTRUCTIONS

Home side: Pass the football stadium and enter from Hwy 77 just south of the High School (only entrance on Hwy 77 now that construction has closed off the northern old entrance on Hwy 77.) This will be the concrete parking lot. This will fill up fast as it is limited on the number of spaces.

Visitors side: Travel Hwy 77 South from intersection of Hwy 77/Hwy 290. Just as you pass through the traffic light and go over the overpass/RR tracks, get in the left turn lane and you will veer off to the left (Middle School Road) There will be a sign directing you. Lions Club will park as many as possible behind the locker rooms and near the middle school and the overflow will be in a DIRT parking lot set up behind the visitors side. If you have to park in the dirt parking lot, it will be a short walk to the stadium. (about the same distance if you have to park by the middle school) I emphasize the "Dirt" part. It will be packed but it is not gravel or any resemblance of paving. Just so you can be prepared.

Please be patient with the growth due to the new high school. Our administration is doing a really good job getting everybody information and the local folks are still trying to figure things out too with it being the first week of school. And we have great volunteers who are giving their time to make your visit as pleasant as possible.

As far as eating.....Elgin also has a great place across 290 from Meyers BBQ in the strip center. Serve a variety; Mexican and delicious pasta.

Also in Giddings, How could you forget the famous Donuts and Seafood, on the right just past Sonic on hwy 290. I know it sounds terrible, but they have donuts/breakfast in the morning, then @ lunch/dinner they have delicious grilled fish and seafood.
FYI... Circle W, Hwy 290 as you come in from the west, good variety/good fried catfish but very very smoky, full bar available.

LH Panther Mom
08-25-2008, 10:42 PM
Thanks for the parking info! That will definitely be helpful. :)

buff4ever
08-26-2008, 08:21 AM
Hey, everybody is doing pretty well so far, I am impressed. Meet and greet sounds good, that was prolly more food places than you were hoping to pick from so I won't add any. And I don't think the kids are near as into the bad hype of this game as they are the good hype.

Jonathan Locke who is attending SHSU has reported back through his friends that he is enjoying hanging out with one of the football players from LH there, they are having a good time. I know for all us adults that it would be fun to think that both teams want to tear each others' heads off out there, but I think the competitiveness of both teams will keep it entertaining enough just by playing the game hard.

I would like to think that our athletic backs on both sides of the ball will surprise LH and we pull this upset, but I am from giddings what would you expect.

espn1
08-26-2008, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by buff4ever

I know for all us adults that it would be fun to think that both teams want to tear each others' heads off out there, but I think the competitiveness of both teams will keep it entertaining enough just by playing the game hard.

I
What the hell are you talking about? It's a football game both teams want to win. Adults wanting to see kid's get their heads torn off?? Definite Soccer Mom response! Tell little Billy to put his shorts on and go play Kick Ball! Also watch out for the Band kids they carry knives in LH!:confused: :confused: :confused:

buff4ever
08-26-2008, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by espn1
What the hell are you talking about? It's a football game both teams want to win. Adults wanting to see kid's get their heads torn off?? Definite Soccer Mom response! Tell little Billy to put his shorts on and go play Kick Ball! Also watch out for the Band kids they carry knives in LH!:confused: :confused: :confused:

Good post dude, the short history of these two teams is what everyone is trying to blow out of proportion. Football fans everywhere want to see pancakes and lightning bolt shots between the whistles. No one wants to see players throwing fist after the whistles except for some dumb losers.

It is a tough boy sport, and it is full contact, that is why we love it so much. You have shown your intelligence on here more than once.

espn1
08-26-2008, 09:33 AM
Good post dude, the short history of these two teams is what everyone is trying to blow out of proportion. Football fans everywhere want to see pancakes and lightning bolt shots between the whistles. No one wants to see players throwing fist after the whistles except for some dumb losers.

It is a tough boy sport, and it is full contact, that is why we love it so much. You have shown your intelligence on here more than once. Well! I may not be as old as you? But I have seen Hundreds of Football games and I've never seen a 3A High School Game get totally out of control! I did see a team with horrible Sportsmanship in Round Rock a couple of years ago! I can't remember exactly who it was but there was A lot of whining! Well I also remember they lost! :D :D :D

Old Tiger
08-26-2008, 09:43 AM
I heard last time these two teams played someone took a cheap shot on Brock Fitzhenry

Buffgal
08-26-2008, 09:47 AM
Giddings Supt is contacting LH Supt with details about parking. So information will be put out to Liberty Hill but for those on the 3adl that need info. Concession will be available but not sure of the menu. I will post later if I get addt'l info about food at the stadium. We always have a club serving something but not sure with all the construction.

PARKING INSTRUCTIONS

Home side: Pass the football stadium and enter from Hwy 77 just south of the High School (only entrance on Hwy 77 now that construction has closed off the northern old entrance on Hwy 77.) This will be the concrete parking lot. This will fill up fast as it is limited on the number of spaces.

Visitors side: Travel Hwy 77 South from intersection of Hwy 77/Hwy 290. Just as you pass through the traffic light and go over the overpass/RR tracks, get in the left turn lane and you will veer off to the left (Middle School Road) There will be a sign directing you. Lions Club will park as many as possible behind the locker rooms and near the middle school and the overflow will be in a DIRT parking lot set up behind the visitors side. If you have to park in the dirt parking lot, it will be a short walk to the stadium. (about the same distance if you have to park by the middle school) I emphasize the "Dirt" part. It will be packed but it is not gravel or any resemblance of paving. Just so you can be prepared.

Please be patient with the growth due to the new high school. Our administration is doing a really good job getting everybody information and the local folks are still trying to figure things out too with it being the first week of school. And we have great volunteers who are giving their time to make your visit as pleasant as possible.

As far as eating.....Elgin also has a great place across 290 from Meyers BBQ in the strip center. Serve a variety; Mexican and delicious pasta.

Also in Giddings, How could you forget the famous Donuts and Seafood, on the right just past Sonic on hwy 290. I know it sounds terrible, but they have donuts/breakfast in the morning, then @ lunch/dinner they have delicious grilled fish and seafood.
FYI... Circle W, Hwy 290 as you come in from the west, good variety/good fried catfish but very very smoky, full bar available.

CORRECTION; Visitors turn NORTH ON hwy 77 from intersection of HWY 77 and Hwy 290 to travel to stadium. Sorry for the slip up, the rest is accurate.

solocam
08-26-2008, 10:01 AM
Itwas not a cheap shot on Fitzhenry
Stop stirring the pot

Old Tiger
08-26-2008, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by solocam
Itwas not a cheap shot on Fitzhenry
Stop stirring the pot some say it was

pirate4state
08-26-2008, 10:04 AM
Leave the past in the past. Keep your comments on topic for THIS year's game or you won't be able to comment at all.

Buffgal
08-26-2008, 11:34 AM
Thank you Pirate4State.........

Please help me find the rule for your hot girl of the month having a few more clothes??????

LH Panther Mom
08-26-2008, 11:37 AM
I heard last time these two teams played someone took a cheap shot on Brock Fitzhenry Shut the heck up, Casey! :mad:

buff4ever
08-26-2008, 11:40 AM
Maybe casey will have yet another name by the end of the year, what does everyone think?

LH Panther Mom
08-26-2008, 07:25 PM
Meet and greet sounds good,
Halftime? Is the scoreboard a good place? Is there a better place?

1st and goal
08-26-2008, 08:04 PM
The scoreboard is probably the best place. There will be a very large crowd if LH brings all their peeps. I will try to make it but I have a 3 year old and an 11 month old that are coming and depends on what kind of fits they are throwin.

How will I know who's who???

PS. I'm catching plenty of trash talk from my LH buddy who is actually offering to sit on Giddings side during the game. I told him he's on his own if he trash talks himself into a fight.;)

He told me about a fight in the stands on LH's side at the last game between Giddings and LH. He said it was an older man and a young dude(both for LH) and I think the young dude was really kicking the older guy's rear when they pulled him off and he got arrested. Did anyone else see this or hear more about what happened?

LH Panther Mom
08-26-2008, 08:09 PM
The scoreboard is probably the best place. There will be a very large crowd if LH brings all their peeps. I will try to make it but I have a 3 year old and an 11 month old that are coming and depends on what kind of fits they are throwin.

We just kind of introduce ourselves when we get there, if we don't already know each other. Look for the purple. :D

PS. I'm catching plenty of trash talk from my LH buddy who is actually offering to sit on Giddings side during the game. I told him he's on his own if he trash talks himself into a fight.;)

He told me about a fight in the stands on LH's side at the last game between Giddings and LH. He said it was an older man and a young dude(both for LH) and I think the young dude was really kicking the older guy's rear when they pulled him off and he got arrested. Did anyone else see this or hear more about what happened?
ROFL! If your buddy doesn't have better sense than to talk trash on the other side, I don't feel sorry for him! :D

:doh: :doh: On the fight. I never heard anything about it to begin with. Now, if the young guy had been getting his rear kicked, I might say GB was mouthing. ;)

LHexPlayer
08-27-2008, 08:21 AM
Watch out Giddings, I hear a storm is coming your way. And you might not like what it has.

Liberty Hill 48
Giddings 20

ronwx5x
08-27-2008, 08:31 AM

Will this M&G be at halftime? I plan on being there, and will probably sit on the Giddings side only because there are more seats. I have no dog in the fight, I just like good HS football, and I'm hoping it is a good game.

firstcat
08-27-2008, 08:31 AM
He told me about a fight in the stands on LH's side at the last game between Giddings and LH. He said it was an older man and a young dude(both for LH) and I think the young dude was really kicking the older guy's rear when they pulled him off and he got arrested. Did anyone else see this or hear more about what happened? [/B][/QUOTE] rash talk from my LH buddy who is actually offering to sit on Giddings side during the game. I told him he's on his own if he trash talks himself into a fight.;)

I haven't missed a Panther Game for about the past 9 years...I've not seen any fights in the stands.

Daddy D 11
08-27-2008, 09:01 AM
I'll take LH by 10.

Hill Man
08-27-2008, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
I'll take LH by 10.

Just 10 Daddy???

You must be drinking Abilene water

LH by 28

LH Panther Mom
08-27-2008, 09:06 AM
Will this M&G be at halftime? I plan on being there, and will probably sit on the Giddings side only because there are more seats. I have no dog in the fight, I just like good HS football, and I'm hoping it is a good game.
I'll be there whenever is best for everyone - pregame or half. :) Somebody decide

Daddy D 11
08-27-2008, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by Hill Man
Just 10 Daddy???

You must be drinking Abilene water

LH by 28

:D I'm actually better educated than i was last week:p

Buffgal
08-27-2008, 09:26 AM
Although I will be busy with hometown responsibilties/selling Buff t shirts/taking another tranquilizer or Immodium or whatever, so on and so forth (For the record, it's not just LH, I do this whoever we play)

SO I will probably not be able to come down and meet/greet....

However
I would suggest pregame @ the scoreboard.

During halftime, the concession traffic will back up and people standing on the fence will make that area very congested. This is during a fairly normal turnout and turnout for this game will be way above normal.

LH Panther Mom
08-27-2008, 09:29 AM
taking another tranquilizer or Immodium or whatever, so on and so forth (For the record, it's not just LH, I do this whoever we play)

ROFL! I can relate! :D

SO I will probably not be able to come down and meet/greet....

However
I would suggest pregame @ the scoreboard.

During halftime, the concession traffic will back up and people standing on the fence will make that area very congested. This is during a fairly normal turnout and turnout for this game will be way above normal.
That sounds like a plan to me! 6:30-6:45 okay with others?

Buffgal
08-27-2008, 09:31 AM
Okay,

plans change....found out it's Parents Night. I will be down by the scoreboard/concession pregame so I can walk with my son, who forgets to tell me things.

Runnin Panther
08-27-2008, 09:35 AM
I have never seen or heard of any LH fights in the stands. Giddings folks sure do hear a lot of rumors about Liberty Hill. Someone in that town must be a great story teller.

LH by 21

Buffgal
08-27-2008, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by Runnin Panther
I have never seen or heard of any LH fights in the stands. Giddings folks sure do hear a lot of rumors about Liberty Hill. Someone in that town must be a great story teller.

LH by 21

Please don't assume this person is from Giddings. Profile says "Here" which could be anywhere. He's the one that also had to apologize about saying LH had tested steroid positive. Please be sure of your facts, this game doesn't need any more drama than it already has.

FYI Only little disagreements in the stands that I have ever personally witnessed were over saving seats. Certainly no fistfights, just a few upset grandmas.

firstcat
08-27-2008, 09:44 AM

LH by 21

Amen, RP...on all counts.

I'm sticking with my earlier 35-14 prediction...RUNNING UP THE PURPLE!

buff4life
08-27-2008, 09:49 AM
yes at halftime would be better because under the scoreboard is not crowded during halftime just the sidewalk going to it lol

Runnin Panther
08-27-2008, 10:12 AM
Please don't assume this person is from Giddings. Profile says "Here" which could be anywhere. He's the one that also had to apologize about saying LH had tested steroid positive. Please be sure of your facts, this game doesn't need any more drama than it already has.

FYI Only little disagreements in the stands that I have ever personally witnessed were over saving seats. Certainly no fistfights, just a few upset grandmas.

Sure sounded like 1st and Goal was from Giddings, if not I apologizes. But I just hate when people starting talking about what they have HEARD about other towns, people and athletes when speaking in a negative fashion.

LHexPlayer
08-27-2008, 11:16 AM

LH by 21

Nope there are never any fights in the stands. Just boys knockkin heads on the field.

1st and goal
08-27-2008, 12:23 PM
Sure sounded like 1st and Goal was from Giddings, if not I apologizes. But I just hate when people starting talking about what they have HEARD about other towns, people and athletes when speaking in a negative fashion.

If we get there for the M&G, I'll bring my buddy from LH (who's lived there for 10 years) and let him tell you about it. It happened at the "Palace" last time we played you guys. I think the old guy told the young dude that he was blocking his view and the young dude went crazy on the old guy. Earned himself a ride in a Round Rock squad car. My friend's brother, brother in law and rest of their family saw it happen in front of them. I have no clue who they were or where they were from. For all I know, it could have been a lost Giddings fan on the wrong side???

Do you know where I'm talking about when I say the "Palace"? Not 10 years ago, 2 years ago. I have no reason to lie. OTOH, everything you read on the internet is absolute truth. I'll let my buddy tell you and you can argue with him.

Daddy D 11
08-27-2008, 12:25 PM
If we get there for the M&G, I'll bring my buddy from LH (who's lived there for 10 years) and let him tell you about it. It happened at the "Palace" last time we played you guys. I think the old guy told the young dude that he was blocking his view and the young dude went crazy on the old guy. Earned himself a ride in a Round Rock squad car. My friend's brother, brother in law and rest of their family saw it happen in front of them. I have no clue who they were or where they were from. For all I know, it could have been a lost Giddings fan on the wrong side???

Do you know where I'm talking about when I say the "Palace"? Not 10 years ago, 2 years ago. I have no reason to lie. OTOH, everything you read on the internet is absolute truth. I'll let my buddy tell you and you can argue with him.
It wasnt at the Palace and it wasnt against Giddings. The old man attacked the young kid and the old man was escorted out of the stadium. I know all this because i was the kid. It was against China Springs at RRISD Stadium.

LHexPlayer
08-27-2008, 12:29 PM
It wasnt at the Palace and it wasnt against Giddings. The old man attacked the young kid and the old man was escorted out of the stadium. I know all this because i was the kid. It was against China Springs at RRISD Stadium.

Nice job Daddy D! I love the confession

LHexPlayer
08-27-2008, 12:30 PM

I'm calling bull on your story. Only because there is no way a guy from Liberty Hill has a buddy from Giddings.;)

pirate4state
08-27-2008, 12:33 PM
It wasnt at the Palace and it wasnt against Giddings. The old man attacked the young kid and the old man was escorted out of the stadium. I know all this because i was the kid. It was against China Springs at RRISD Stadium. :eek: :eek: :thinking:

Runnin Panther
08-27-2008, 12:58 PM

Thanks Daddy D for clearing this up. Now we can move on to more exciting things like the butt whooping the Panthers are going to put on the Buffs. :D

Daddy D 11
08-27-2008, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:eek: :eek: :thinking:

The man had serious anger problems and had a problem with students standing in the STUDENT SECTION.

LHexPlayer
08-27-2008, 01:19 PM
Thanks Daddy D for clearing this up. Now we can move on to more exciting things like the butt whooping the Panthers are going to put on the Buffs. :D

Yep lets get back to that butt whoopin. I hear it ain't gonna be pretty.

Daddy D 11
08-27-2008, 01:29 PM
Yep lets get back to that butt whoopin. I hear it ain't gonna be pretty.

I'm going to stick with my prediction, LH pulls away in the 3rd and holds off a late Giddings TD to win by 10.

LHexPlayer
08-27-2008, 01:30 PM
I'm going to stick with my prediction, LH pulls away in the 3rd and holds off a late Giddings TD to win by 10.

But thats not a butt whoopin. Get with the program. I guess that old man didn't knock any sense into ya.:D

Runnin Panther
08-27-2008, 01:46 PM

Come on Daddy D have a little more faith. I remember being nervous at the being of last season. We may not be playoff ready yet, but no one else is either. We will work out the kinks.

buff4life
08-27-2008, 01:47 PM

RRISD stadium is the palace...

buff4life
08-27-2008, 01:49 PM
i know there is a reason for all of it...

but for the most part this entire thread screams cocky , but more power to yall yall deserve to be it...

one day, as all dynasties to, it will fall

i hope it does this week, but i'm severely doubting it

LHexPlayer
08-27-2008, 01:50 PM
RRISD stadium is the palace...

He meant Dragon stadium.

buff4life
08-27-2008, 01:51 PM
He meant Dragon stadium.

thats better :D

LHexPlayer
08-27-2008, 02:13 PM
i know there is a reason for all of it...

but for the most part this entire thread screams cocky , but more power to yall yall deserve to be it...

one day, as all dynasties to, it will fall

i hope it does this week, but i'm severely doubting it

I like to think of it as we have swagger!

LHexPlayer
08-27-2008, 05:15 PM
There is a poll on Austin American Statesman about which teams will have the opening game upset. It seems that most think Giddings will upset Liberty Hill this week.

wimbo_pro
08-27-2008, 05:25 PM
There is a poll on Austin American Statesman about which teams will have the opening game upset. It seems that most think Giddings will upset Liberty Hill this week.

They gotta pick an upset in the area...why not LH? It aint gonna happen, but it makes for good reading.

LHexPlayer
08-27-2008, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
They gotta pick an upset in the area...why not LH? It aint gonna happen, but it makes for good reading.

These were the other choices.

Which favored team is most ripe for an opening-weekend upset?
A. Lake Travis (vs. Westwood)
B. LBJ (Hutto)
C. Liberty Hill (Giddings)
D. Pflugerville (Leander)
E. Westlake (Cedar Park)

Oh it could very well happen. We shall see.

Old Tiger
08-27-2008, 05:35 PM
go LH.....giddings sux(not really only figuratively)

1st and goal
08-27-2008, 07:09 PM
I'm calling bull on your story. Only because there is no way a guy from Liberty Hill has a buddy from Giddings.;)

Yeah I know it is hard to believe. We fight like cats and dogs but in the end we get along fine. We are both ultra conservative.:D

Daddy D 11, I tried to PM you back but your mailbox is full. Thanks for clearing up the story, I've had a whole lot of frosty barley pops since my buddy told me about it years ago.

I'm rooting for a good clean, hard hitting game with nobody getting hurt(bad). Of course I'd like to see a close game. If Giddings wins with an upset, well, I'd take my hat off to them. LH has earned my respect. Tell you what, if I like what I see in those panthers, I'll come watch 'em play Brownwood.

Go Blue, you :eek: too. Not figuretively, just take off work and show up with Megan Fox and I'll pay your way in.

1st and goal
08-28-2008, 08:27 PM
I didn't mean to kill the thread....

Has anyone decided on the M&G time? Before the game, or at halftime? I think before the game would work best except that there is no reserve seating unless you have season tickets. So unless you have someone to "hold" your seat for you, you might lose it.

We voted in a bond to enlarge our stadium. But, we needed the land immediately behind the visitors stands which belongs to TX highway dept. They won't or can't sell the land.:mad: :mad: :mad:

LH Panther Mom
08-28-2008, 08:30 PM

Has anyone decided on the M&G time? Before the game, or at halftime? I think before the game would work best except that there is no reserve seating unless you have season tickets. So unless you have someone to "hold" your seat for you, you might lose it.

We voted in a bond to enlarge our stadium. But, we needed the land immediately behind the visitors stands which belongs to TX highway dept. They won't or can't sell the land.:mad: :mad: :mad:
I don't think we had a hard fast decision. I should be able to make both if others are there.

LHexPlayer
08-28-2008, 08:31 PM

I'll have to pass on the meet and great. It's really just not my thing. Besides, I've already got a good mental image of each of you guys. And I'm afraid if I met you guys it would ruin the cartoon characters I'm picturing in my head. Here is to an injury free game with lots of sportsmanship both on and off the field.

1st and goal
08-28-2008, 08:54 PM
I'll have to pass on the meet and great. It's really just not my thing. Besides, I've already got a good mental image of each of you guys. And I'm afraid if I met you guys it would ruin the cartoon characters I'm picturing in my head. Here is to an injury free game with lots of sportsmanship both on and off the field.

LOL, would'nt want to ruin your mental image..but..I look like Racer X, secretly Speed's older brother.

I think its gonna be a HEAD BANGER'S BALL friday night!!!

LHexPlayer
08-28-2008, 08:58 PM
How big is your visitor side stands?

1st and goal
08-28-2008, 09:09 PM
How big is your visitor side stands?

I can't brag cuz they're old but I'm guessing about 1000 maybe.

buff4ever
08-28-2008, 10:42 PM
I know like 6 people from giddings that personally know people from LH and have no beef. Several of the 6 have invited their friends to sit in the reserved section with them on the giddings side, given that visistor side and non-reserved seats will likely be gone very early. We have a prettly descently large 3a stadium, but games like this need 4 and 5a stadiums to hold everyone. Look for the cars parked across the highway and the fences to be lined.

Any one from giddings know if they are letting people sit in lounge chairs on the hill again like the hutto and caldwell games last year?

1st and goal
08-29-2008, 08:14 AM

Any one from giddings know if they are letting people sit in lounge chairs on the hill again like the hutto and caldwell games last year?

I don't know why they wouldn't open up the east endzone hill. However, most folks don't think about bringing lawn chairs to a game.

LH Panther Mom
08-29-2008, 08:28 AM
I don't know why they wouldn't open up the east endzone hill. However, most folks don't think about bringing lawn chairs to a game.
Consider this advance notice - BE PREPARED TO BRING LAWN CHAIRS NEXT YEAR. :eek: :p

buff4ever
08-29-2008, 08:54 AM
Consider this advance notice - BE PREPARED TO BRING LAWN CHAIRS NEXT YEAR. :eek: :p

So I have heard :) , thanx.

1st and goal
08-29-2008, 09:09 AM
Will the panthers ever enlarge their seating capacity?

LH Panther Mom
08-29-2008, 09:36 AM
Will the panthers ever enlarge their seating capacity? I would like to think so. I just hope I still have kids playing if/when it happens. :helpme: It's cozy...just make sure that you and your neighbors take baths & wear deodorant; otherwise it could get "ripe". :eek: :eek: :doh: