PDA

View Full Version : Donation Information

Administrator
08-21-2008, 01:33 PM
Folks, don't forget to read the Donation Announcement at the top. This site is fully funded by Donations, and without donations, the board will be unable to keep paying the monthly fee for service.

LH Panther Mom
08-21-2008, 09:25 PM
bump

Administrator
08-25-2008, 08:25 AM
bump again...

K-MAC Chuck
08-25-2008, 08:29 AM
ttt..

you know how long it took me to figure out that "ttt" meant "to the top" ??? doh!! :confused: :thinking: :eek:

Lion_Addict
08-25-2008, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by K-MAC Chuck
ttt..

you know how long it took me to figure out that "ttt" meant "to the top" ??? doh!! :confused: :thinking: :eek:

THANK YOU!!!! :doh: . Now I too know, ha ha!

Txbroadcaster
08-25-2008, 10:11 AM
this is non sports and should be in other forum :D :p ;)

kaorder1999
08-25-2008, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
this is non sports and should be in other forum :D :p ;)

:clap:

Administrator
08-25-2008, 03:14 PM
:tongue: There won't BE a 3ADL Non Sports or 3ADL Sports forum in a few months if we don't get some donations coming in! Does that qualify for sports? lol.. :eek:

Ranger Mom
08-25-2008, 03:23 PM
Thanks for the reminder! I have been meaning to do this for several weeks now!

You should receive it in however long it takes paypal to get it to ya!!:)

nobogey72
08-25-2008, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Administrator
:tongue: There won't BE a 3ADL Non Sports or 3ADL Sports forum in a few months if we don't get some donations coming in! Does that qualify? :eek:

Man, you are worse than a Baptist preacher.:D Put a little guilt trip on us. But, I have donating member by my name. Make all these loudmouthed, arrogant newcomers from Brownwood chip in. And Stang Red is cashing in on all those windfarms around Sweetwater, and I hear he is loaded so make him pay a bunch. I hear his is loaded anyway. At least I think that's what they meant. I heard it at the Whataburger in Early.

Ranger Mom
08-25-2008, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
Man, you are worse than a Baptist preacher.:D Put a little guilt trip on us. But, I have donating member by my name. Make all these loudmouthed, arrogant newcomers from Brownwood chip in. And Stang Red is cashing in on all those windfarms around Sweetwater, and I hear he is loaded so make him pay a bunch. I hear his is loaded anyway. At least I think that's what they meant. I heard it at the Whataburger in Early.

In a couple of the Brownwood's posters defense, I know of at least 2 that have donated, and I think one of them donated as soon as he was cleared to post!!

Necks_Fan
08-25-2008, 03:31 PM
:tongue: There won't BE a 3ADL Non Sports or 3ADL Sports forum in a few months if we don't get some donations coming in! Does that qualify for sports? lol.. :eek: I thought that donation reminder said that you guys had enough for SEVERAL months?:confused:

pirate4state
08-25-2008, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
I thought that donation reminder said that you guys had enough for SEVERAL months?:confused: If my memory doesn't fail me, I'm pretty sure that is just a c&p from the last time he posted the request.

Ranger Mom
08-25-2008, 03:39 PM
I thought that donation reminder said that you guys had enough for SEVERAL months?:confused:

Few...several.....what's the difference??

Necks_Fan
08-25-2008, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Few...several.....what's the difference?? A few to me is 2-3...

Several would seem like 7-8....

CenTexSports
08-25-2008, 03:43 PM
Suggestions for football fans if the DL folds:

1) Start officiating
2) Get a life outside football
3) Call RM once an hour and keep the forum going by telephone. She can send out a weekly recap of all the calls.
4) Take an underwater basketweaving class.
5) Hire Go Blue to travel from 3a town to 3a town to keep everyone informed on what is going on.
6) Slit your wrists because life would not be worth living without the DL.

Ranger Mom
08-25-2008, 03:45 PM
A few to me is 2-3...

Several would seem like 7-8....

I googled it...few and several are interchangeable!!

:tongue:

Necks_Fan
08-25-2008, 03:50 PM
I googled it...few and several are interchangeable!!

:tongue: That would be an opinion.:p

sinton66
08-25-2008, 04:02 PM
When we get down to about four months of colo rent in the account, we start getting nervous.

Necks_Fan
08-25-2008, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
When we get down to about four months of colo rent in the account, we start getting nervous. It's all good. I'm about due for another donation.

Can I get a Star everytime I donate or something? As it is, there is no special recogniton for those that donate a bunch of times.....

Or you could do it by the toal amount donated..... Cuz I could donate .01 like 80 times..... or I could donate $20...... Ya know?

LHexPlayer
08-25-2008, 04:08 PM
How much does it take to run the site one month?

Ranger Mom
08-25-2008, 04:08 PM
It's all good. I'm about due for another donation.

Can I get a Star everytime I donate or something? As it is, there is no special recogniton for those that donate a bunch of times.....

Or you could do it by the toal amount donated..... Cuz I could donate .01 like 80 times..... or I could donate $20...... Ya know?

Personally, I really think there should be a distinction....I know several that have donated EVERY TIME it has been mentioned!!

Necks_Fan
08-25-2008, 04:14 PM
Personally, I really think there should be a distinction....I know several that have donated EVERY TIME it has been mentioned!! Well, see like I donated $20 the first time right. I thought that was a fair amount ya know?

Well, I figured that if someone else donated 4 times at $5 each, then we would be even and they would look better....

;)

Lol. I wonder if there is anyone that donated over $100? I just don't have the money to do that or else I would.

jason
08-25-2008, 04:16 PM
nm

Emerson1
08-25-2008, 04:17 PM
I donated $1 a few years ago

Necks_Fan
08-25-2008, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by jason
nm What exactly is this "nm" supposed to mean? I never have known....:confused:

pirate4state
08-25-2008, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by LHexPlayer
How much does it take to run the site one month? $75-100

necks - nm = no message, i think or maybe it's nevermind :thinking:

Necks_Fan
08-25-2008, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
necks - nm = no message, i think or maybe it's nevermind :thinking: So if you are posting a message with "nm" in it, then you are saying nothing....?

So why post it?

Ranger Mom
08-25-2008, 04:28 PM
So if you are posting a message with "nm" in it, then you are saying nothing....?

So why post it?

A lot of people post something....and then decide maybe they shouldn't have posted what they did, so they go back and edit....and just leave "NM...which I take to mean never mind in that instance.

Others will post a score on the thread title...and that is really all they had to say, so they will post NM to let you know there is no message....just the info on the title

Got it??:D

sinton66
08-25-2008, 04:41 PM
It's all good. I'm about due for another donation.

We have considered doing Bronze, Silver, and Gold Donating Member icons (or something similar) based on the amount, just weren't sure those donating wanted it THAT well known, so we kind of tabled it. And yes, there are several that have donated in excess of $100.00. There are several that donate $100.00 every year. With 1500+ members, there probably won't ever be a minimum amount, all donations are appreciated.

Administrator
08-25-2008, 09:14 PM
Thank you Kellye ;) Yes, few/several months.. There's definitely enough to last through the rest of THIS year..

However, I am glad I got everyone's attention now :thinking:

Emerson1
08-25-2008, 09:17 PM
Changing the plea for advertising font on the front page from dark dark green to a bright color might help on that part.

Ranger Mom
08-25-2008, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Changing the plea for advertising font on the front page from dark dark green to a bright color might help on that part.

LOL!! It's totally black on my computer...I never knew anything was there! I was wondering why that link was just sticking out there like it was!!!:doh:

navscanmaster
08-26-2008, 01:19 AM
If I wasn't dead broke with this new baby and all, I would love to donate. At a radio communications enthusiast site I donated to a while back, donating members had access to much more features and additional stuff than members that did not donate. Only that site has 100,000 plus members, so it takes a lot more than $100 to run it. The administrator/owner has included advertising on the BS forums every three-five posts with radio related stuff, but left it off of the bread and butter radio related forums. Not that advertising is a good thing in the forums as it relates to us football fans, but that is just an example.

Lion_Addict
08-26-2008, 07:14 AM
Got mine in this morning. How long does it take ya to get it? Ain't no "Howard Hughes" type.....the $100 year sounds good to me. Now I will feel guilty cuz I haven't even donated on our on site yet :doh: . It's coming soon Brownwood Mods, I promise!

garciap77
08-26-2008, 07:20 AM
What exactly is this "nm" supposed to mean? I never have known....:confused:

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

Not Me!

jason
08-26-2008, 07:48 AM
A lot of people post something....and then decide maybe they shouldn't have posted what they did, so they go back and edit....and just leave "NM...which I take to mean never mind in that instance.

exactly....

i bet you can guess what i had (concerning donation amounts).......

Ranger Mom
08-26-2008, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by jason
exactly....

i bet you can guess what i had (concerning donation amounts).......

That's how I knew you probably meant "never mind!":p

Rocket
08-26-2008, 12:46 PM
bump

sinton66
08-28-2008, 07:13 PM
FYI folks, we were just notified that our colo host has raised our rates. We were paying about $75.00. We're up around $100.00 a month now.

Necks_Fan
08-28-2008, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
FYI folks, we were just notified that our colo host has raised our rates. We were paying about $75.00. We're up around $100.00 a month now. Scam?

:devil: :D J/k.

Administrator
08-28-2008, 07:41 PM
Here is the notice received yesterday...

----- Original Message -----
To: <@3adownlow.com> (Removed so spam robots don't grab)
Sent: Wednesday, August 27, 2008 9:06 AM
Subject: Notice: Level 3 Colo Price Increase

Dear Level3 Colocation Client:

Due to increased wholesale cabinet costs and increased wholesale power costs at Level 3, we are raising our prices a modest amount. Effective 9/1/08 all Level 3 colocation clients will be charged our advertised rate of $99/month for each 1-2U server. Power consumption for a server in excess of 1 Amp will be adjusted to our current rate of $30/month for each 0.5 Amp.

We regret having to raise our prices, but our costs have risen significantly at Level3. Thank you very much for your business. We appreciate it very much.

Sincerely,

Level 3 Colo Management

Necks_Fan
08-28-2008, 07:46 PM
Here is the notice received yesterday...

----- Original Message -----
To: <@3adownlow.com> (Removed so spam robots don't grab)
Sent: Wednesday, August 27, 2008 9:06 AM
Subject: Notice: Level 3 Colo Price Increase

Dear Level3 Colocation Client:

Due to increased wholesale cabinet costs and increased wholesale power costs at Level 3, we are raising our prices a modest amount. Effective 9/1/08 all Level 3 colocation clients will be charged our advertised rate of $99/month for each 1-2U server. Power consumption for a server in excess of 1 Amp will be adjusted to our current rate of $30/month for each 0.5 Amp.

We regret having to raise our prices, but our costs have risen significantly at Level3. Thank you very much for your business. We appreciate it very much.

Sincerely,

Level 3 Colo Management Scam?

Lol. J/k.....:D

super1
08-28-2008, 10:24 PM
There are plenty of free message boards out there. I don't see a situation where I would feel compelled to pay a fee to use one.
JMHO

garciap77
08-28-2008, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by super1
There are plenty of free message boards out there. I don't see a situation where I would feel compelled to pay a fee to use one.
JMHO

:thmbdwn::thmbdwn::thmbdwn:

Administrator
08-28-2008, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by super1
JMHO

you will NEVER have to pay to access the downlow, however, donations are accepted, because without them, there is no downlow. If you can't afford to help a site out, then by all means, don't do it. donations are not a requirement.

Ranger Mom
08-28-2008, 10:46 PM
you will NEVER have to pay to access the downlow, however, donations are accepted, because without them, there is no downlow. If you can't afford to help a site out, then by all means, don't do it. donations are not a requirement.

Well said!!!

sinton66
08-29-2008, 07:41 PM
TTT

ProudHornetMom
08-30-2008, 10:13 AM

That was a very nice reply. I was thinking along the line of...well then go play on those free message boards...and don't let the door hit you in the ....

I'm cranky this morning.