PDA

View Full Version : Brownwood's Shelby Miller

BwdLions
08-21-2008, 10:24 AM
There is a great article about Brownwood's Miller in the Brownwood Bulletin today.

Here's the link:

http://www.brownwoodbulletin.com/sports/

VWG
08-21-2008, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by BwdLions
There is a great article about Brownwood's Miller in the Brownwood Bulletin today.

Here's the link:

http://www.brownwoodbulletin.com/sports/

Saw him pitch last year. Has good velocity, was having some control issues that day but overall you could tell he was a special player.
If that guy can master a change up with his fastball he could be very lethal.
Kid from Odessa a few years ago, Herrera, had a great change up to go with his fastball. I think he was drafted out of U of New Mexico or New Mexico St. Some people think a good curve ball or slider is a devastating off speed pitch, but a good change up is better. Comes out looking just like the fastball except it dies at the plate. Guys swing out in front all day on it.

BwdLions
08-21-2008, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by VWG
Saw him pitch last year. Has good velocity, was having some control issues that day but overall you could tell he was a special player.
If that guy can master a change up with his fastball he could be very lethal.
Kid from Odessa a few years ago, Herrera, had a great change up to go with his fastball. I think he was drafted out of U of New Mexico or New Mexico St. Some people think a good curve ball or slider is a devastating off speed pitch, but a good change up is better. Comes out looking just like the fastball except it dies at the plate. Guys swing out in front all day on it.

I guess you have sign up as a member to the Bwood Bulletin to be able to read the entire article. Sorry.

Here's some of what it had to say:

During the Games, both professional and college scouts clocked Miller at 94 mph with his four-seam fastball, while he threw his two-seam fastball at 88 mph. Miller’s curve ball was credited with having good spin as it crossed the plate in the mid-70s range