PDA

View Full Version : Football season winding down

Aggiemom
12-13-2002, 12:53 AM
Well, here we are, 2 weeks left in this football season. What a year it has been. We started with 207 teams equal in the beginning and now we are down to 6. Two of these are undefeated still! What a rollercoaster season it has been. Any thoughts on this past season? Any teams out that you thought would still be fighting it out? Anything?????

I, for one, sure thought Marlin would still be in the fight. And then to me, the saddest, for lack of a better word, was Celina's winning streak coming to an end.

snotbubble
12-13-2002, 01:48 PM
I knew that it was inevitable that the "streak" would end. Still. I was quietly hoping that they might make the run to the gold ball, 4 back - to - back in 2A and then one in first year of 3A as the smallest 3A would have been impressive. Just was not meant to be.

BTW, if thos e ungrateful home fans aren't interested n your homemade cookies, I know a certain bald coach who still eats like a lineman who is. :D

Aggiemom
12-13-2002, 02:11 PM
<small>[ December 13, 2002, 01:13 PM: Message edited by: Aggiemom ]</small>

Aggiemom
12-13-2002, 02:12 PM
Hey snotbubble...as far as the cookies go..you are on! Marlin right?..2003 in Burnet. I will have them ready. Oatmeal okay? :)

BIG19
12-13-2002, 02:19 PM
Mom, that is not fair. You WILL be bringing enough to share, won't you? Isn't that what we are taught :D :D You have done great things for this team and they don't even realize it yet. I will say "Thanks from all of the boys" so if they forget or don't know to thank you, you have been. Keep up the great support!

As for the year, there are many teams that I thought should still be in the hunt, but I guess I would be lying if I did not say the correct teams are playing for the Div 1 state title. At least that is what my bracket shows from the first round of playoffs. Now if I could only get the NCAA bball brackets correct, I would be doing ok.

snotbubble
12-13-2002, 02:24 PM
Oatmeal is fine. You don't get to be my size by being a picky eater. :D

As far as out meeting, I hope to be busy much later into the season than I was this year wink

Aggiemom
12-13-2002, 02:30 PM
Big19...of course there will be enough to share. As I type I am doing the brownies for the guys. I hope they enjoy...there had been a request for Krispy Kreme donuts. YIKES! That would be a little out of my budget! By the way, can you please check your pm after a bit. Thanks for everything 19.

spaniard
12-13-2002, 07:49 PM
mmmmmm... cookies!! how bout getting the poor ol spaniard some cookies? wink