PDA

View Full Version : Corpus Area Folks - A MOM Question

44INAROW
08-20-2008, 07:00 PM
Lil44 just called and was telling me about his new job (YEA - he'll be working at Oso Beach Golf Course after classes a few days a week - assuming he passes the City of Corpus Municipal test, whatever the heck that is) but I digress - anyway - he says to me
"Mom, there aren't any shells down here" well, I am thinking he's talking about at the beach lol......... what he meant was - He hasn't seen any SHELL GAS STATIONS - (that happens to be the gas card I gave him) I looked online and it seems the only Shell stations down there are along 37 going towards Calallen.. Do any of you'll know of a Shell station in the Ocean Blvd area or I guess maybe SPID towards Airline? just wondering.......... Thanks :)

sinton66
08-20-2008, 07:09 PM
Well, when he heads home, there's one on the bypass around Sinton. There's one in Odem. In Corpus, there's one on the corner of Leopard and NPID on the west side. That probably doesn't help much, but that's the only ones I remember seeing.

44INAROW
08-20-2008, 07:18 PM
Thanks Tony - I think next time he comes home, we'll change to Exxon :p I'll tell him to look for the one on the way to Sinton when he comes home

sinton66
08-20-2008, 07:19 PM
These are all I could find in an online search.
Shell Portland
101 Northshore Blvd & US-181

Shell Corpus Christi - Central (Uptown west)
1621 Leopard St & N Brownlee Blvd

Shell Corpus Christi - Central (off of crosstown)
2730 Agnes St & N Port Ave

Shell Woodsboro
567 US-77 Near Chaparral St

Shell Refugio
719 N VICTORIA HWY (US 77)

Shell Padre-Mustang IS
parkroad22
14005 S Padre Island Dr & Aquarius St

Shell Odem
Hwy 77 (middle of town)

Shell Sinton
Hwy 77 Bypass (west of Sinton)
out by the Motel 6 and the other motel

Maroon87
08-20-2008, 08:26 PM
Valero has pretty much taken over down there.

44INAROW
08-20-2008, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Valero has pretty much taken over down there.

that's what Johnny said - "Mom, just get a Valero card, they are everywhere" :p

sinton66
08-20-2008, 09:24 PM
That's true, Valero bought out Diamond Shamrock and have taken over. There may be fewer Exxons than Shells. I know there's an Exxon at Violet Rd and I37 in Corpus, one in Odem and two in Sinton, one by the courthouse on the main drag and one on the old (Bus) Hwy 77 to Refugio (in town). There's probably more, but I don't look for "brands" anymore, just price. And, I use my debit card.

Ranger Mom
08-21-2008, 08:31 AM
I had some Shell gift cards I planned on using when we went to the river. We filled up at a Shell in Midland and then filled up again at a Shell we happened to spot between Camp Wood and Concan....those were the only 2 Shells I saw the entire trip!

pirate4state
08-21-2008, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
that's what Johnny said - "Mom, just get a Valero card, they are everywhere" :p

Remember to tell him that his two aunties (APPF & p4s) are only a phone call away if he needs anything.

44INAROW
08-21-2008, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Remember to tell him that his two aunties (APPF & p4s) are only a phone call away if he needs anything.

he's got your numbers in his cell phone ;)

Rita - (this has nothing to do with the original thread but what the heck) go to yahoo.com and look at the latest headline.. I busted out laughing when I saw it..
"Iraq pullout agreement close"

well, no wonder they are so pissed off all the time :D

pirate4state
08-21-2008, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
he's got your numbers in his cell phone ;)

Rita - (this has nothing to do with the original thread but what the heck) go to yahoo.com and look at the latest headline.. I busted out laughing when I saw it..
"Iraq pullout agreement close"

well, no wonder they are so pissed off all the time :D :devil: HAHA :clap: