PDA

View Full Version : Okay.... I need to brag

RedWhiteBlue
08-20-2008, 04:14 PM
As I have mentioned before, I have son who is going to be a freshman. We went school clothes shopping this last weekend. He is now wearing a size men's 13 shoe, 31x32 pant and weighs about 170. He is probably about 5'10 1/2. I am 6'0, so he has almost got me beat.
He has always been a big kid, but now he has slimmed up and trimmed down and is growing into a nice sized young man. My dad was 6'07, so I am hoping since Tyler just turned 14 in May he still has some growing to do- what do you guys think?:thinking:

piratebg
08-20-2008, 04:16 PM
I think it is non-sports related and goes in the other forum.

Next question please. :nerd:

piratebg
08-20-2008, 04:21 PM
Score another one for JUSTICE :clap: :clap: :clap:

Ranger Mom
08-20-2008, 04:24 PM
What do I think??

At first glance, I thought the thread title was...."Okay....I need a bra."

I didn't have you pictured as being tall, I now have to adjust my image of you!!:D

Sounds like your boys is gonna be tall one too....good luck to him this upcoming season!!

nobogey72
08-20-2008, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue
As I have mentioned before, I have son who is going to be a freshman. We went school clothes shopping this last weekend. He is now wearing a size men's 13 shoe, 31x32 pant and weighs about 170. He is probably about 5'10 1/2. I am 6'0, so he has almost got me beat.
He has always been a big kid, but now he has slimmed up and trimmed down and is growing into a nice sized young man. My dad was 6'07, so I am hoping since Tyler just turned 14 in May he still has some growing to do- what do you guys think?:thinking:

13 wow. Sounds like a 6'4-6'5 kid in the making. My suggestion is for him to go straight golf.:D

RedWhiteBlue
08-20-2008, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
13 wow. Sounds like a 6'4-6'5 kid in the making. My suggestion is for him to go straight golf.:D
Well it will be interesting..... how many boys do you know that play football and golf? I mean most golfers do not look like linemen.......

Sweetwater Red
08-20-2008, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I didn't have you pictured as being tall, I now have to adjust my image of you!!:D

Me neither. Nobogey is probably 6'2" or 6'3". I bet that's
where they know each other from. They were probably both on
the same coed basketball team in college.:D

nobogey72
08-20-2008, 04:43 PM
Well it will be interesting..... how many boys do you know that play football and golf? I mean most golfers do not look like linemen.......

That's what I mean. He needs to quit football and concentrate on golf. In fact all of your big tall kids need to go straight golf, or better yet, have them concentrate on academics. :D

Pick6
08-20-2008, 04:45 PM

If he's 6'4" he could play receiver for Brownwood :D

RedWhiteBlue
08-20-2008, 04:46 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
[B]Me neither. Nobogey is probably 6'2" or 6'3". I bet that's
where they know each other from. They were probably both on
the same coed basketball team in college.:D
Psssshhhh, I would have whipped his butt at basketball and golf and he knows it!!!:rolleyes: Of course, then I got that bad knee injury and lost my ride in to the WNBA and LPGA.:(

RedWhiteBlue
08-20-2008, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
If he's 6'4" he could play receiver for Brownwood :D
No, I think we like Graham just fine. He is in a great class of athletes and does very well academically. As long as I can keep feeding him, his 7th grade sister and his little brother- we should be okay. He is about to eat me out of house and home!!!

Necks_Fan
08-21-2008, 02:56 PM
So what exactly sre you bragging on?

That your son is pretty tall? Is this a surprise? I wouldn't think so....

DaHop72
08-21-2008, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan

That your son is pretty tall? Is this a surprise? I wouldn't think so.... :1popcorn: :1popcorn:

Sweetwater Red
08-21-2008, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan

That your son is pretty tall? Is this a surprise? I wouldn't think so....

Youngin' you're gonna get hurt.:thinking:

44INAROW
08-21-2008, 03:09 PM

I hear that - doesn't his older brother play golf? or do I have RWB confused with someone else (you know, confusion sets in after you turn 50 :) )

my youngest played golf all 4 years - as well as football and baseball 3 of them BUT he wasn't a lineman though - he was a WR and DB.. Golf is his passion - in fact, he's hoping he got the job today at a golf course in Corpus....... he's pumped ;)

Necks_Fan
08-21-2008, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Youngin' you're gonna get hurt.:thinking: Lol. Whatever. The parent is 6'0'' and the grandpa is 6'7''

Maybe it's just me, but I didn't think it took a rocket scientist to see that this kid was going to be tall....