PDA

View Full Version : Cameron - Rogers Srimmage

Hill Man
08-20-2008, 10:17 AM
I see on the Rogers's schedule they scrimmage Cameron on Thursday.
Cameron folk, let the LH fans know how the kids at Rogers are doing with the Slot-T. Our OC the last several years is now the HC at Rogers.

thanks

espn1
08-20-2008, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Hill Man
Our OC the last several years is now the HC at Rogers.

thanks

Wow! Anybody on here that doesn't know that is a complete newbee!

ILS1
08-20-2008, 06:20 PM
Cameron folk, let the LH fans know how the kids at Rogers are doing with the Slot-T. Our OC the last several years is now the HC at Rogers.

thanks

That'll be so weird to watch. I've watched Rogers for years and they were always a spread offense and throw the ball like 90% of the time. It'll be like watching Liberty Hill go to the spread/run and shoot offense!!!

:D :D :D

LH Panther Mom
08-20-2008, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by ILS1
It'll be like watching Liberty Hill go to the spread/run and shoot offense!!!

:D :D :D
:eek: :eek: :eek: Who let the cat out of the bag???

Rabid Cougar
08-20-2008, 10:27 PM

thanks
Bet you the Cameron Yoemen will know how to handle it.

Daddy D 11
08-21-2008, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
Bet you the Cameron Yoemen will know how to handle it.

They dang sure didnt know how to the past 2 years..

c-town_balla
08-21-2008, 02:09 AM
well we sure didn't last year....but the year before....28 points is handling it IMO

Rabid Cougar
08-21-2008, 05:20 PM
You beat me to it.

cameron91
08-21-2008, 09:33 PM
this is the information I got from 2 dudes from cameron.so hopefully someone else may have saw the game in a different way. the final score was 1-1 ..one man said if it was a heavy weight boxing match Rogers won hands down.

Rogers held their own with cameron.Rogers running back was very impressive to both guys. and their defense really laid some wood on cameron.

cameron - offense really didn't look impressive again.their back up QB ( Morgan) look like he should be the starter.if he starts cameron could be really good team overall.their defense has a head hunter at linebacker.he stood out above everyone else.

cameron91
08-22-2008, 12:39 PM
per KMIL Sports..Rogers won the scrimmage 2-1 :(

cameronyoe
08-22-2008, 08:22 PM
The final score was a 1 to 1 tie. The second string in my opinion doesn't count because in a real game they wouldn't be on the field. I agree 100% that Morgan played very well at QB. He also played well in the Robinson scrimmage. Townsend(1st string QB) is good though. He also has had experience. He will remain the starter. And what linebacker is it your talking about? Do you know what number he was wearing?

Milk That Cow
08-22-2008, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by cameron91
per KMIL Sports..Rogers won the scrimmage 2-1 :(

I remember the days where Cameron would have beaten Rogers 10-1, with mostly using their second string...

cameron91
08-22-2008, 11:14 PM
:clap: times has change on hwy 190 and 36......milano could beat cameron right now the way they've been playing. :D ..i know it just pre season but come on yoemen 2 tds in two scrimmages..:(

ProudHornetMom
08-22-2008, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by Milk That Cow
I remember the days where Cameron would have beaten Rogers 10-1, with mostly using their second string...

I remember the days Cameron could beat us with their team managers.

c-town_balla
08-22-2008, 11:19 PM
I wouldn't put any stock into anything that the Cameron offense does in a scrimmage. The complete and total lack of playbook used in scrimmages and more attention being payed to the Week 0 opponet during the week than the team being scrimmaged has ALOT to do with any score.

cameron91
08-22-2008, 11:25 PM
i agree with you 100% , but their bread and butter plays shouldn't get shut down. it's not like they have a new play book. then again they just might.i'm not on the field so i don't know.

cameronyoe
08-23-2008, 10:12 AM
We were told before that scrimmage that we weren't going to prepare for Rogers at all. We prepared for Waco Conally all week. Coach Mullins also did not want to show Waco Conally any of our plays that we were going to use against them so we just ran the simple plays. We are coming out with 3 new formations against Conally to go with our old ones we already have. It will be an exciting game to watch. We will already have 2 weeks of game planning on Conally so don't expect it to be like either of those scrimmages.

cameron91
08-23-2008, 11:14 AM
;) ..keep it a secret..good luck

King_LeYoeNidas
08-23-2008, 11:25 AM
I've gotten plenty of info on this Cameron team and there are LOTS of problems. And this isn't he said she said, it's the way it is. There is a severe discipline problem on the team for one, but another big factor is that football season is a week away and Cameron didn't get into full pads until 2 days prior to the scrimmage. IDK if that's the norm these days but 10 years ago, we were in pads 2 days into two a days. If they aren't physically where they need to be, after a few big shots, they won't be there mentally. I don't know what is going on in the coaching staff area but this is likely the last time we will see Mullins. You can count on it if they have a losing season. While I don't know much about Waco Connaly, I've been advised to expect a slaughter. It's pretty sad too. The Yoemen have been contenders for decades and it seems that when Billy left, every once of respect and tradition left shortly thereafter.

cameron91
08-23-2008, 01:52 PM
I've been hearing this the whole summer.but Like A I said" its only practice , who needs practice".I just didn't want to post it b/c I thought it was just rumors but I guess not.when I was in school we WAS in pads 3 to 4 days a week , now I hear they're in pads twice a week.sometimes it's just shoulder pad and shorts:( .
they said after wilson left , they tuffnest left with him.when the Westside folk start sayin Morgan should be startin in front S T then you know something not going right on Yoe Feild.

c-town_balla
08-23-2008, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by King_LeYoeNidas
another big factor is that football season is a week away and Cameron didn't get into full pads until 2 days prior to the scrimmage. While I don't know much about Waco Connaly, I've been advised to expect a slaughter.

Well they have been in pads since midnight the day you could get in pads. So thats wrong. I have been to several practices and if you don't think they are hitting then idk what you think. And We have been going in shouldpads shorts and thigh pads since our 11-2 year. Shoulderpads and shorts w/thightpads is just as physical as full pads IMO

cameron91
08-23-2008, 07:42 PM
shoulder pads / short and thigh pads..I wish we could have practice like this..

King_LeYoeNidas
08-23-2008, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by c-town_balla
Well they have been in pads since midnight the day you could get in pads. So thats wrong. I have been to several practices and if you don't think they are hitting then idk what you think. And We have been going in shouldpads shorts and thigh pads since our 11-2 year. Shoulderpads and shorts w/thightpads is just as physical as full pads IMO

I said FULL pads. There is a difference.

cameronyoe
08-24-2008, 12:56 AM
Well im on the team so i think i know more about it all than yall do. There has been plenty of long hot practices in full pads and plenty of hitting i can promise you that. And we were in full pads way before 2 days before the scrimmage so that is not true. Discipline has gotten alot better. I wouldve agreed it was bad a couple of months ago but now its great. We have a couple of guys serving some suspensions that were well deserved. We have already gameplanned alot on Connally and expect to all week. I'm pretty sure come Friday night we will be more than ready for them. As of now there arent any problems that yall are hearing about. Mullins is doing just fine. And those 2 scrimmages. Dont worry about those. Its going to be totally different come Friday. Those scrimmages werent even prepared for. First day of practice we started on Connally

Rabid Cougar
08-24-2008, 08:05 AM
Cameronyoe,
From one Yoeman to another, I will advise you that the previous post on 3aDownlow needs to be your last. Discussion boards are the last place that players needs to be.

cameronyoe
08-24-2008, 10:46 AM
Sorry, but Im staying. I know plenty of football players that post on here and will continue to do so and i will be one of them.

c-town_balla
08-24-2008, 11:00 AM
Ive been posting for several years.....and last year was my last year to play....and I can say that I agree with Cameronyoe 100%

Rabid Cougar
08-24-2008, 11:28 AM
You can do what you please. Just some advice from a Yoeman that's been there, done that.

Players talking should limited to the field and with the helmet and not the mouth. There is too much oppertunity for things said on here to end up on bulliten boards of your opponents. AND they do. You may know lots of football players that post on here but that still doesn't make it the right thing to do.

I would advise any high school player not even to read the boards.

Old Tiger
08-24-2008, 11:31 AM
if a team needs bulletin board material to get up for a game then that is pathetic

Sweetwater Red
08-24-2008, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by c-town_balla
Ive been posting for several years.....and last year was my last year to play....and I can say that I agree with Cameronyoe 100%

There was no such thing as the internet when I was a player.:(

But we did have Atari and Nintendo.:D

cameronyoe
08-24-2008, 12:57 PM
First of all I'm not on here to talk trash. I was just supporting my team because people were putting us down. Also they were saying some things that werent true so I had to let them know what really was true. And second, I honestly dont care if what Im saying ends up on our opponents bulletin board. I havent said anything bad about any opposing team nor have I said anything that could help the opponent in any way.

Old Tiger
08-24-2008, 01:00 PM
who are you?

cameronyoe
08-24-2008, 01:06 PM
I play football for Cameron. Not revealing my name

Old Tiger
08-24-2008, 01:11 PM
obviously you've said that like 4 times on this thread, lol. PM me if you want

cameron91
08-24-2008, 04:38 PM
cameronyoe , don't think we're putting your team down.I will support you guys all the way. i have kinfolk playin on this team.It's just hard to see how a coach didn't prepare yall for Roger or Robinson.even if it was a scrimmage. you still have to have your team ready to play each week.why have yall practice 3 weeks for WC .its not a distric game , so its doesn't matter if you win or lose . just like those two scrimmages.when it all comes down to it , the distric games is the only one that counts .but hey it's 2008..times has change

King_LeYoeNidas
08-24-2008, 07:16 PM
can't say I'm convinced of you being a player. Not on the varsity level anyway. To say "we didn't prepare for Rogers" just doesn't seem the norm for Cameron coaching preparations. Sure it doesn't mean anything but when a former 3A power can't even hold their own against a 2A school, that can't be good for the morale going into the first real game. Regardless, something smells.

cameronyoe
08-24-2008, 09:00 PM
Well im on varsity. I start. End of that story. And i have no more to say. We will see what happens come Friday night. Win or lose we will be prepared and if its lose it sure wont be a blowout like someone said it would.