PDA

View Full Version : Who has the toughest opponent for 0 week?

catgut
08-20-2008, 09:47 AM
Paris starts out against Sulphur Springs which should destroy us. They are loaded with one of the top qb's in the state and tons of speed. I'm glad we're playing them to help get ready for district, just wish it wasn't our first game.

Who else has tough games to start off with?

LH_Tuff
08-20-2008, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by catgut
Paris starts out against Sulphur Springs which should destroy us. They are loaded with one of the top qb's in the state and tons of speed. I'm glad we're playing them to help get ready for district, just wish it wasn't our first game.

I think Giddings has a pretty tough first game. ;)

waterboy
08-20-2008, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by catgut

That's definitely a tough game for Paris. It won't do much for their confidence if they get pounded. On the other hand, if they do keep it relatively close it'll be a good thing.

I like the Gilmer / Jasper matchup. This is an early matchup of 2 good 3A teams. It's a toss-up right now as to who has an edge. The Buckeyes lost a ton of players off last year's state finalist team. They only have 1 starter back on offense and 5 starters back on defense. Don't know what to expect from Gilmer yet.

Pick6
08-20-2008, 09:55 AM
It has to be Burnet. After all, they are playing the greatest 3A team in history :rolleyes:

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-20-2008, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by LH_Tuff
I think Giddings has a pretty tough first game. ;)

Who do they play?:D Depends on Home or Away.

setxsports
08-20-2008, 10:05 AM
WO-S

They have 4A Nederland who is predicted to win 20 4A.

rancher
08-20-2008, 10:05 AM
This is a no brainer, SEALY HANDS DOWN, THEY PLAY THE POWERHOUSE SECOND BAPTIST AT HOME.

Rocket
08-20-2008, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Pick6
It has to be Burnet. After all, they are playing the greatest 3A team in history :rolleyes:

Oh, are they playing Liberty Hill? The team nobody can stop regardless of classification or level (NCAA or Pro)?

Pick6
08-20-2008, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Rocket
Oh, are they playing Liberty Hill? The team nobody can stop regardless of classification or level (NCAA or Pro)?

Intelligent fans know their teams schedules. Thanks for playing.

solocam
08-20-2008, 10:15 AM
Thanks for the compliment

BwdLions
08-20-2008, 10:16 AM

:iagree: :blush:

crzyjournalist03
08-20-2008, 10:25 AM
Whoever is playing against Celina.

Phil C
08-20-2008, 10:26 AM
Sinton has the toughest opener against Goliad. This is a team that has been in the playoffs consistently and would still be if not for being in one of the toughest districts in the state. Remember a lot of pride in Goliad due to the historical significance. Scary times indeed. And the Sinton schedule gets even tougher. More on that later.

Rocket
08-20-2008, 10:39 AM
Intelligent fans know their teams schedules. Thanks for playing.

Yeah and you choose to see Brownwood as arrogant and Liberty Hill as humble. LOL

Pick6
08-20-2008, 10:56 AM
Yeah and you choose to see Brownwood as arrogant and Liberty Hill as humble. LOL

I would like to see where I said Liberty Hill was humble. Please find that qoute and post it on here.

crzyjournalist03
08-20-2008, 11:14 AM
Liberty Hill was humble.

There! :D :p

ronwx5x
08-20-2008, 11:17 AM
Liberty Hill was humble.

Said it more than once!:p :taunt:

Pick6
08-20-2008, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03

Originally posted by ronwx5x
Said it more than once!:p :taunt:

Come on guys, don't be like MSNBC. Show the whole story. Don't matipulate it to fit someone's needs. :)

garciap77
08-20-2008, 11:34 AM
:D

garciap77
08-20-2008, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03

LOL :clap:

espn1
08-20-2008, 11:44 AM
Oh, are they playing Liberty Hill? The team nobody can stop regardless of classification or level (NCAA or Pro)? If you don't understand now you soon will! You don't stop Liberty Hill! You out score them. Burnet and Wimberley have the best chances of beating LH. It takes time to understand their offense and even if you think you might have a handle on it, it's still hard to prepare for. How will your coaches emulate an Offense they know very little about? Simply put LH has the edge because your Offense is easier to prepare for. The B'wood defense better bring a lot of Gatorade because they will be on the field for long periods of time. I will for sure be at that game. If you manage to keep LH's offense off the field you can beat'em. Also, until I see LH play I'm not 100% sure they will be as good as advertised. Their underling records show that they should reload and be very salty. Next year I'm predicting a huge disturbance in the Force!:D :D :D

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-20-2008, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by rancher
This is a no brainer, SEALY HANDS DOWN, THEY PLAY THE POWERHOUSE SECOND BAPTIST AT HOME.

I didnt think 2nd Baptist was that good?

crzyjournalist03
08-20-2008, 04:35 PM
Come on guys, don't be like MSNBC. Show the whole story. Don't matipulate it to fit someone's needs. :)

I wouldn't know what you're talking about. I only watch Fox News and Sportscenter.

bigwood33
08-20-2008, 05:01 PM
Lytle has Celina. They are meeting in Temple and Lytle is in for a very rude awakening. I'm betting this one gets ugly.

Rocket
08-20-2008, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by espn1
If you don't understand now you soon will! You don't stop Liberty Hill! You out score them. Burnet and Wimberley have the best chances of beating LH. It takes time to understand their offense and even if you think you might have a handle on it, it's still hard to prepare for. How will your coaches emulate an Offense they know very little about? Simply put LH has the edge because your Offense is easier to prepare for. The B'wood defense better bring a lot of Gatorade because they will be on the field for long periods of time. I will for sure be at that game. If you manage to keep LH's offense off the field you can beat'em. Also, until I see LH play I'm not 100% sure they will be as good as advertised. Their underling records show that they should reload and be very salty. Next year I'm predicting a huge disturbance in the Force!:D :D :D

Well Brownwood plans on scoring early and often... so those famous 10 minute drives could really hurt LH.

LHexPlayer
08-20-2008, 06:53 PM
Well Brownwood plans on scoring early and often... so those famous 10 minute drives could really hurt LH.

You said early. ha ha ha

Pick6
08-20-2008, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by LHexPlayer
You said early. ha ha ha

:D :clap: :D

CueroDad08
08-20-2008, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Sinton has the toughest opener against Goliad. This is a team that has been in the playoffs consistently and would still be if not for being in one of the toughest districts in the state. Remember a lot of pride in Goliad due to the historical significance. Scary times indeed. And the Sinton schedule gets even tougher. More on that later.

LOL:)

CueroDad08
08-20-2008, 08:46 PM
If you want to come watch one heck of a game, Cuero will take on State Ranked class 4A Beeville in Cuero. I will say this will be a shootout. Who will have the ball at the end.

crabman
08-20-2008, 09:50 PM
Cuero hung 35 on Liberty Hill and couldn't outscore them. They put 49 on us. 35 was the most given up by their defense all year. Watch our film to see how to score on them. Then learn to play some D.

SintonFan_inAustin
08-20-2008, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by crabman
Cuero hung 35 on Liberty Hill and couldn't outscore them. They put 49 on us. 35 was the most given up by their defense all year. Watch our film to see how to score on them. Then learn to play some D. Beeville put up 43 on 4a State Champ Austin Lake Travis, but gave up 57. Most points given up Lake Travis. Looks like a shootout in Cuero.