PDA

View Full Version : BELLVILLE BEING UNDERESTIMATED!!

BBULL20
12-08-2002, 02:03 AM
THIS WHOLE WEEK I SAT BACK AND WATCHED EVERYONE ON HERE SAY HOW MUCH BELLVILLE WAS GONNA BE BLOWN OUT BY MARLIN. YES MARLIN WAS A GREAT TEAM, YET NO ONE WANTED TO GIVE BELLVILLE ANY RECOGNITION,(BUT MAYBE A FEW). AND THATS FINE BECAUSE IN THE END WE CAME OUT ON TOP. MARLIN PLAYED THEIR HEARTS OUT AND GAVE US ONE HECK OF A GAME. WE WERE EQUALLY GOOD, BUT BELLVILLE WAS CLEARLY UNDERESTIMATED. AND SO WAS BURNET!!!

GO BULLS......GOOD LUCK NEXT WEEK.....

BBULL20
12-08-2002, 06:57 PM
WELL IT KINDA LOOKS TO ME THAT NO ONE ON HERE WANTS TO AGREE WITH ME. BUT THAT IS FINE, AND TO THE PEOPLE THAT SAY THE REFS CALLED A BAD PLAY I TAPED THE GAME AND I WATCHED IT AGAIN TO SEE IF WHAT YOU ALL WERE SAY IS TRUE AND IT IS NOT. SO PLEASE TAKE THE LOSS WITH CLASS. AND FAR AS NEXT YEAR IS CONCERNED. WE ARE STILL ON THIS YEAR.

GO BULLS......STATE BOUND........

BELLVILLE BRAHMAS! GOOD LUCK NEXT WEEK!!!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
12-08-2002, 07:11 PM
I agree 20 we are better than some people want to think! Lets keep up the good work and dont let up only 2 more to go!!!! WIN STATE!!!
Hey BBULL20 check your PM.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-08-2002, 07:15 PM
i knew they were not taking ya'll seriously but i know bellville was just as good as marlin. Dont remember the prediction on the score but i felt it would be close and bellville would win. GL against bandera should be another good game. Bandera seems to be peaking at the right time.

The8thLace63
12-08-2002, 07:34 PM
I am one of those people yall are talking about. I thought yall would be blown out by Marlin. But I was wrong, thank goodness. I am glad yall took out Marlin so I wont have to hear about Marlin for the rest of my life. Yall must have an awesome team and good luck to yall.

MR.T TARPON21
12-08-2002, 07:54 PM
bandera is not peaking!
they got lucky against p.i.,on that block punt,
we had 9 players to there 11 so of course they blocked and scored and barlywon by 3.
they are not thatgood but lucky to bad they wont be around next year cause they were gonna gett the beating they wont ever forget.but any ways stay on there recivers and zero in on the running back!you shouldnot have a problemgood luck bellville
give them hell,belive me they will break! :cool:

BBULL20
12-08-2002, 08:19 PM
Well thank you all. but we refuse to go in to this to cocky. Well will go into this game knowing that we are equally good and we are fighting for the same goal (STATE CHAMPS). It will be a week full of hard practices getting us ready for them. We will study the films. Now all we ask is that people finally give Bellville their props. (many are) but some are trying to say UIL is saying that Bellville didnt win. And Refs made a bad call. Neither Ref made a call until they saw who came up with the ball. Please just lose with class and knew that you were the hardest team this year Bellville played. We would have like to see you go the same place as us. But in order for us to make it you all had to lose. Good Luck next year. And on what you are saying what you all gonna do to us next year. We still are in it so we only wanna consider this year.

Go bulls...

FORMERBB CHECK YOUR P.M

Old Cardinal
12-08-2002, 08:34 PM
Yes, I was one that thought Marlin would win; mainly because of your loss to Elgin 24-17...But looking back now, Elgin was a huge Division I enrollment, playoff team. On Dec. 04 at 12:12 pm I entered the following statement, "Marlin has faced some very formiable foes in La Grange, Newton, and now Bellville. Bellville is good, a little inconsistent, but never the less, a quality team. The teams that I have named are all right here in Region III, yet they are all elite teams. YES, BELLVILLE HAS THE TALENT TO WIN, if Marlin has a let-up after preparing for some great talented team in the last few weeks."...I am excited for both Bandera and Bellville, both of these teams have that personality "X" when it comes to playoff games. You have the ability to step it up a notch. Hope you both have an injury free game this weekend.

The8thLace63
12-08-2002, 08:44 PM
Marlin can't complain about the refs of any calls. They got every call in the newton game so they better not say anything. Good luck to bellville I hope yall win it all.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
12-08-2002, 09:14 PM
I'll take my bite of the crow. I totally underestimated Bellville. Man, they stepped it up and played hard. They deserve a little bit of respect. I know that I'll be in Round Rock to watch them play. They showed desire and deserved to win that ball game. I didn't see any bad calls by the refs in the game. It was pretty even for the most part and if anybody tries to use that as an excuse is full of crap.

Brahma73
12-08-2002, 11:45 PM
Keys to Bellville winning this game were mostly what has been getting them this far:
1. Running the ball well enough to keep the D honest.
2. Protecting the most effective passer in 3A football and giving him time to throw to the best hands & speed in Bellville in years.
3. Playing defense that bends but doesn't break.
4. Confidence & poise.

Bonuses in this game:
1. Practically penalty free football.
2. A 95-yard scoring drive for the first points of the game - demoralizing to a proud defense. eek!
3. Tremendous coverage of speedy receivers by the secondary leading to several big sacks for losses.
4. An effective pass rush. (Combination of 3 & 4 basically eliminated Marlin passing game.)
5. A huge coaching boo boo by Marlin going for 4th & 3+ from well inside Bulldog territory. :rolleyes: :mad:
6. Creating & overcoming turnovers.

Jim Ryan was the first runner in history to break the 4-minute mile a few decades ago, a mark once thought unattainable. Within the next couple of years, dozens of runners broke the mark. When Ryan was asked how this could be, he replied, "They just had to know it was possible."

By now Brahmas, you have to know what's possible. We're all behind you! LET'S DO IT! :mad:

HotDawg89
12-09-2002, 12:48 AM
Well... Sadly, I think Bandera's season will end this week.

I would love to see Bandera win, because I am from Burnet, and would love to have both DIV 1 & 2 state champions from the same district- and because we beat Bandera- it would give us alot of pride to say we beat the Div 2 3A team as well.(provided, of course, that we win this week :D )

We played both Marlin and Bandera, and Marlin was just a much tougher opponent. I think if Bellville beat Marlin, they would probably have given Burnet a run for thier money had we met this season. So my pick is Bellville by at least 21, but I hope I am wrong.

Good luck to both teams, but especially Bandera, as they will need it more.

SintonFan
12-09-2002, 01:39 AM
BBULL20:
WELL IT KINDA LOOKS TO ME THAT NO ONE ON HERE WANTS TO AGREE WITH ME. BUT THAT IS FINE, AND TO THE PEOPLE THAT SAY THE REFS CALLED A BAD PLAY I TAPED THE GAME AND I WATCHED IT AGAIN TO SEE IF WHAT YOU ALL WERE SAY IS TRUE AND IT IS NOT. SO PLEASE TAKE THE LOSS WITH CLASS. AND FAR AS NEXT YEAR IS CONCERNED. WE ARE STILL ON THIS YEAR.

GO BULLS......STATE BOUND........

BELLVILLE BRAHMAS! GOOD LUCK NEXT WEEK!!!Ask some of your friends from Bellville...
you have more friends than you realize!

SintonFan
12-09-2002, 02:26 AM
MR.T TARPON21:
bandera is not peaking!
they got lucky against p.i.,on that block punt,
we had 9 players to there 11 so of course they blocked and scored and barlywon by 3.
they are not thatgood but lucky to bad they wont be around next year cause they were gonna gett the beating they wont ever forget.but any ways stay on there recivers and zero in on the running back!you shouldnot have a problemgood luck bellville
give them hell,belive me they will break! :cool: The other thread did steal my thunder...

Your team lost two weeks ago! They gave our reg. 4 rep the best test in this region. It's about time you supported them... :)
let's be kind here... :cool:

SintonFan
12-09-2002, 02:34 AM
SintonFan_inAustin:
i knew they were not taking ya'll seriously but i know bellville was just as good as marlin. Dont remember the prediction on the score but i felt it would be close and bellville would win. GL against bandera should be another good game. Bandera seems to be peaking at the right time.Bandera IS peaking...
It is as simple as that.
On top of that, Bellville and Bandera have just a little bit of history between them.
It's gonna be a nice game.

BULLDOGFAN
12-09-2002, 07:28 AM
That's right SintonFan and that history is that Bandera wants revenge for last year. Our Quaterback was hurt right before the game last year and we bailed out. This year will be different.

Bulldogs by 21.

eaglefan24
12-09-2002, 03:38 PM
Well I know this is belated, but I had to get this post on. My computer has been down the last couple of days so it's held me back. Anyways....when I got the phone call telling me that Bellville won I almost went into shock. I will be the first one to say that I underestimated Bellville. I knew after watching the Fairfield game that Bellville was a very balanced team, but I thought that Marlin would just be too much and that they were riding too much of a momentum wave for anything to undercut them. Boy was I wrong. I'm upset that Marlin lost because I have always enjoyed watching Marlin play, even though they are very cocky off the field I have always thought that they backed it up on the field so there was nothing I could say. If you talk the talk you have to walk the walk and they had certainly done that up to this point. I'm glad to see Bellville win because it makes Fairfield's loss look REALLY good, lol. But congrats to Bellville and you can now consider me a member of the Bellville bandwagon, go Bellville and beat Bandera.

Bongo
12-09-2002, 03:52 PM
Eaglefan24;
Thanks for the support. I mentioned in a PM to another FF fan that I thought FF would have done pretty well against Marlin. FF had a better run defense up the middle than Bellville and I think that would have served them well. Don't know how FF would have done offensively though. I think Bellville proved that Marlin's pass defense was suspect. It's all speculation anyway.

Your team and fans are a class act and we appreciate your support.

Brahmas20bro
12-09-2002, 04:44 PM
I like to start off by saying Giddings, Liberty, Fairfield, and Marlin all were great teams. Every player did there best and that made for very exciting games. Marlin, you guys were amazing and great season. In my eyesight, there were no losers just those who reached another level in play.

To The Brahmas, I am so proud of you guys. You have heart, sportsmanship and the ability to play. I would like to personally Thank all the Coachs and Coach Chancellor on not only developing a HELL of good football team but developing their character. Those guys are the most respectable group of young Men I have ever seen. Great job. NO one deserves STATE more than this team due to your guys hearts. NEVER GAVE UP and that is what a true CHAMPION is all about. Plus, if i may add one more thing, I see nothing put positive energy on the sidelines. IF one of them even looks as if their head is going down then, i see some one else coming by uplifting their team mates. Thats a team, a family, and that is OUR 2002 BRAHMAS.

GO BELLVILLE!!!!
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Bongo
12-09-2002, 05:02 PM
Brahmas20Bro...check your PM's.

bigcat8
12-09-2002, 05:29 PM
Hey, Elgin didn't underestimate you and beat you 24-17.......The Wildcats believe in the brahmas

BBULL20
12-09-2002, 05:44 PM
Well I would like to thank all of you that have a good heart and admitted your lack of faith. But I am also proud that the Brahmas proved themselves worthy of the glory. Now all we need is You all to keep feeding positive things into the Brahmas. And I hope there is no one out there that wishes it any other way.I Believe this is Bellvilles year... Go Bulls TAKE STATE GO BULLS......SHOW WHAT YOU MADE OF.....

Bandera YaYa
12-09-2002, 05:51 PM
Hey Hotdawg89...you have not played THIS Bandera team...we have improved so much since our game with you...give us some credit and support...it has been a long road, but would you have thought we'd be here now??? Probably not, but here we are and we earned the right to be where we are...Good Luck in your game....DOGS RULE!!

Scout24
12-09-2002, 07:28 PM
Brahma73-I read your keys to victory and I couldn't help from laughing when you called your QB the most effective QB in the state. Did you know Bandera's QB (the same one that missed the game last year) has 2500 yards and nearly 30 TDs? I think everyone thought if Brett Hicks would have played last year instead of an experienced sophomore who had only played on JV, the game would have been VERY different. I know Bellville will come to play, but Bandera is not a push over, they have beaten 3-4 district champs to get here. Going to be a hell of a game I promise.

Brahma73
12-09-2002, 07:44 PM
Scout24:
Brahma73-I read your keys to victory and I couldn't help from laughing when you called your QB the most effective QB in the state. Did you know Bandera's QB (the same one that missed the game last year) has 2500 yards and nearly 30 TDs? I think everyone thought if Brett Hicks would have played last year instead of an experienced sophomore who had only played on JV, the game would have been VERY different. I know Bellville will come to play, but Bandera is not a push over, they have beaten 3-4 district champs to get here. Going to be a hell of a game I promise.I didn't say most yards. I didn't say most TD's. :rolleyes: We've got plenty of other weapons. I said most effective. Ask the teams who've played us so far. We'll complete 7-10 passes per game - rather humble. But they'll be noticed, I assure you. 8 completions for 220+ against arguably the most athletic team in 3A D2, Marlin.

Remember, all this is just bleacher bums yacking. wink :) Bandera will find out soon enough. Let's just agree that we'll both 'fess up next Sunday, regardless of who's right, OK? (LOL) Out to be a great game. Thanks for reading my post. Good luck to you guys. I'm anxious to see your QB and the rest of your guys. I hear your fast and good.