PDA

View Full Version : Beeville @ Cuero Week 0

SintonFan_inAustin
08-19-2008, 09:37 PM
Slow week, so time to look at this big week 0 matchup. Beeville has maybe the best atheletic QB in coastal bend going against Cuero talented QB. Tough to beat the Gobblers at home.

Nursebetty
08-19-2008, 09:42 PM
Now of course you know I will have to go with my MEAN GREEN GOBBLERS!!!!! We can do it....yes we can!!! :cheerl: :clap:

44INAROW
08-19-2008, 10:01 PM
Should be a good game against 2 very good QB's - Anxious to see how the O Line and D Line come together...... I hear from some very reliable sources that the Trojans have a really good team this year........ (those that know me know I don't make predictions on the outcome of Cuero games) but I HOPE the Gobblers come out on top ;)

Ranger Mom
08-20-2008, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Should be a good game against 2 very good QB's - Anxious to see how the O Line and D Line come together...... I hear from some very reliable sources that the Trojans have a really good team this year........ (those that know me know I don't make predictions on the outcome of Cuero games) but I HOPE the Gobblers come out on top ;)

Those that know you also know you don't come out of the stands at halftime either!!:p

pirate4state
08-20-2008, 10:14 AM
Sinton will be in Goliad on the same night. I'm tempted to drive further north to check out a little bit of this game. :devil: :thinking: ;)

How far is to Cuero from Goliad?

Old Green
08-20-2008, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Sinton will be in Goliad on the same night. I'm tempted to drive further north to check out a little bit of this game. :devil: :thinking: ;)

How far is to Cuero from Goliad? 31 miles

KingRob
08-21-2008, 12:46 PM
This should be a goodern. Wish I could be there!

LET'S GO CUERO!!
:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

pirate4state
08-21-2008, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
31 miles :thinking: :thinking: we'll see :D

CueroDad08
08-21-2008, 04:52 PM
This will be a high scoring game. It will come down to who has the ball last, or who makes 1 more mistake.

sinfan75
08-21-2008, 05:51 PM
Wow I hate to go against Eric Soza. He knows this offense inside-out. Cuero has all that size and speed and also pretty good QB themselves. It'll be close but I think Cuero wins

Gobbla2001
08-21-2008, 07:56 PM
for the first time in the history of the Mark Reeve era I'm gunna say Cuero loses this one... and I'll be proven wrong :D

CueroDad08
08-21-2008, 11:24 PM
I talked to Chris Sosa after the game tonight. I asked him if he had his boys ready. The very first thing he said was WOW yall are pretty salty. He said he just wanted to make it a good game and keep it close. I am sure he will have his state ranked 4A team ready next friday. It will be a shootout and a classic I am sure.

Old Green
08-22-2008, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by CueroDad08
I talked to Chris Sosa after the game tonight. I asked him if he had his boys ready. The very first thing he said was WOW yall are pretty salty. He said he just wanted to make it a good game and keep it close. I am sure he will have his state ranked 4A team ready next friday. It will be a shootout and a classic I am sure. I think it will be a close game.

LHexPlayer
08-22-2008, 05:44 PM
Go get them Cuero. This Liberty Hill fan will be cheering for you all year. Hope we see you in the state finals. I also hope I get a chance at some point this year to catch one of your games.

Nursebetty
08-22-2008, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by LHexPlayer
Go get them Cuero. This Liberty Hill fan will be cheering for you all year. Hope we see you in the state finals. I also hope I get a chance at some point this year to catch one of your games. Yeah, i hope our two teams meet up somewhere down the line! Thanks for the support....and I'll be cheering LH on as well!

Boomer
08-23-2008, 06:20 PM
Cuero's big o-line should wear down Beeville's defense. Close in the first half, Cuero will pull away in the second half. 41-21, Cuero!

SintonFan_inAustin
08-23-2008, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by Boomer
Cuero's big o-line should wear down Beeville's defense. Close in the first half, Cuero will pull away in the second half. 41-21, Cuero! Beeville has a good size D-line so should be a battle in the trenches.

Beeville 34 Cuero 28

sotxrat
08-23-2008, 10:57 PM
i originally thought that beeville would win this game but after watching the beeville/orange grove scrimmage, i think that with cuero playing at home, they will take this one by wearing the beeville guys down in the second half. beeville did not have a good practice against orange grove, granted beeville worked on their passing game with their first team offense all but the last offensive possession, they really had a difficult time catching the ball, when they went to their running game they did better. beeville is small except maybe two players, qb is the man......very interesting scrimmage for orange grove, they did just fine in all areas, i was pleased since weather has kept them from practicing the last week........but to be fair to beeville, i have not seen cuero play at all.

Blastoderm55
08-23-2008, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by sotxrat
i originally thought that beeville would win this game but after watching the beeville/orange grove scrimmage, i think that with cuero playing at home, they will take this one by wearing the beeville guys down in the second half. beeville did not have a good practice against orange grove, granted beeville worked on their passing game with their first team offense all but the last offensive possession, they really had a difficult time catching the ball, when they went to their running game they did better. beeville is small except maybe two players, qb is the man......very interesting scrimmage for orange grove, they did just fine in all areas, i was pleased since weather has kept them from practicing the last week........but to be fair to beeville, i have not seen cuero play at all.

Field conditions still pretty wet? I passed by the practice fields in Beeville at around 4:30 and the place was empty so I figured the scrimmage was canceled. Guess I was wrong.

sotxrat
08-23-2008, 11:06 PM
they moved it back to og and yes the field conditions were not very good

Blastoderm55
08-23-2008, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by sotxrat
they moved it back to og and yes the field conditions were not very good

Well, I'm glad I didn't stick around waiting for the show. :p

Necks_Fan
08-23-2008, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by CueroDad08
This will be a high scoring game. It will come down to who has the ball last, or who makes 1 more mistake. I agree... I'm thinking scores will be in the 30's or 40's.....

bulldog64
08-25-2008, 09:55 AM
I too had first voted for Beeville in the poll. I want to rescind my vote and say Cuero by 20.

JT44
08-25-2008, 11:21 AM
if the passing game can get going with armstrong and glover, and they get some kind of offensive contribution from guys like harryman and boothe, beeville is in for a long night.

Whose runnin' the ball for Cuero? they can't expect rangnow and ruiz to run all night, those two are the anchors for the defense.

Maroon87
08-25-2008, 12:06 PM
That Soza kid is the truth. It could be a long night for the Gobblers if they don't keep him under wraps.

piratebg
08-25-2008, 12:10 PM
I keep changing my mind on this game. I'm still leaning a little more toward Cuero right now.

Old Green
08-25-2008, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by JT44
if the passing game can get going with armstrong and glover, and they get some kind of offensive contribution from guys like harryman and boothe, beeville is in for a long night.

Whose runnin' the ball for Cuero? they can't expect rangnow and ruiz to run all night, those two are the anchors for the defense. Cuero used a number of Rb,s Cole Pargman and freshman Sensation Trent Jackson. They'll be alright in the RB Department.

Rangnow lined up as a TE A couple of times and did quite well at the position.

JT44
08-25-2008, 12:16 PM
I forgot about pargman, rangnow at TE could make for a speedy formation and great target.

What about B.Johnson, is he playing?

JT44
08-25-2008, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
That Soza kid is the truth. It could be a long night for the Gobblers if they don't keep him under wraps.

QB's with many strengths have gotten to the gobblers in the past. Go all the way back to case keenum, jeremy kerley, beatty at wimberley and s.rutherford from bay city.

Heard all about Soza last year, cuero does have to keep him under control.

Something about cuero's D leaves the middle of the field open and the good qb's can take advantage.

Old Green
08-25-2008, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by JT44
I forgot about pargman, rangnow at TE could make for a speedy formation and great target.

What about B.Johnson, is he playing? Yes ! He was looking good a RB.

The Freshman Rb is something else though.

Boomer
08-25-2008, 04:25 PM
Does Beeville have any other players other than Soza. He is all I hear about. That freshman RB from Cuero is is good!

gobbler grad
08-25-2008, 08:50 PM
easy to pick the winner, hard to say who it really may be...:thinking: will be a great game for both teams...gotta go with the Gobblers down the stretch...:clap:

Blastoderm55
08-25-2008, 08:58 PM
Does Beeville have any other players other than Soza. He is all I hear about. That freshman RB from Cuero is is good!

You'll see plenty on Friday.

crabman
08-25-2008, 09:28 PM
For those of you going to Goliad-Sinton I hope the stadium is somewhat ready. I am the contractor on the renovations. Some things simply will not be done.

Sidewalks, fencing and bleachers will be ready on the vistors side. Still some grading and gravel work that won't be done. All of the new lighting will be working. We burned in the new lights on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. We are still pouring sidewalks on the home side. The bleacher contractor is a separate contractor. They are still working to get finished. We are supposed to hook the scoreboard back up on Wednesday. The sound system on the home side goes in on Thursday. There will not be sound on the visitors side for about another two or three weeks. Some of the perimeter fencing will not be done so don't try sneaking in without paying.

The school district just brought us in a few weeks ago to try and get everything done. Don't think we are always behind like this.

SintonFan_inAustin
08-25-2008, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by crabman
For those of you going to Goliad-Sinton I hope the stadium is somewhat ready. I am the contractor on the renovations. Some things simply will not be done.

Sidewalks, fencing and bleachers will be ready on the vistors side. Still some grading and gravel work that won't be done. All of the new lighting will be working. We burned in the new lights on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. We are still pouring sidewalks on the home side. The bleacher contractor is a separate contractor. They are still working to get finished. We are supposed to hook the scoreboard back up on Wednesday. The sound system on the home side goes in on Thursday. There will not be sound on the visitors side for about another two or three weeks. Some of the perimeter fencing will not be done so don't try sneaking in without paying.

The school district just brought us in a few weeks ago to try and get everything done. Don't think we are always behind like this. as long as the concession stand is operating its ok :)

sinfan75
08-25-2008, 09:43 PM
Has Sinton's scoreboard ever worked 100%.:D

Boomer
08-26-2008, 03:18 AM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55

I hope I do. Soza is all I hear about. Just wondering:)

KingRob
08-26-2008, 03:18 PM
Survey Says.........

Cuero - 31
Beeville - 21

LET'S GO CUERO!!

gobbler grad
08-26-2008, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by KingRob
Survey Says.........

Cuero - 31
Beeville - 21

LET'S GO CUERO!!

I always like King Rob's survey...:iagree:

LH Panther Mom
08-26-2008, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
I always like King Rob's survey...:iagree:
Hi, gg! Long time no talk! :)

Footballhudini
08-28-2008, 06:36 AM
Hudini says..

2nd and 3rd stringers for Cuero start the 2nd half. It won't even be close. The spirits say something like...

Cuero 48
Bee 13

GreenMachine
08-29-2008, 10:28 AM
Eventhough we moved from Cuero this summer, myself and my boys are still Gobblers and we say Cuero wins by 2 td's.;)

piratebg
08-29-2008, 12:24 PM
After hearing about all the trouble Beeville had with OG, I'm gonna say Cuero wins by 3tds. :D

Boomer
08-30-2008, 12:32 AM
Cuero's big o-line should wear down Beeville's defense. Close in the first half, Cuero will pull away in the second half. 41-21, Cuero!

I was real close on predicting the score. Beeville didn't show much.

Boomer
08-30-2008, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55

I did not see a whole lot, not even from Soza. I thought it would be a better game.