PDA

View Full Version : Sealy Tigers vs Houston Sterling Raiders.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-19-2008, 05:26 PM
Sealy will travel to Barnett Stadium to play the Sterling Raiders on Friday, will the step-up to 4a give Dave Cambells #7 ranked team a better test this week in scrimage #2.
Anyone know anything about Houston Sterling?

Bull's-eye
08-19-2008, 05:33 PM
No test here, I have a friend that coaches at Sterling. He said they only had 40 kids come out for the whole football program. They won't field a freshman or JV team. Sealy should be able to score some TD's this week.

Bull's-eye
08-19-2008, 05:34 PM
I may go watch this scrimmage.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-19-2008, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
No test here, I have a friend that coaches at Sterling. He said they only had 40 kids come out for the whole football program. They won't field a freshman or JV team. Sealy should be able to score some TD's this week.

Has Sterling ever been a good football team or not?

Bull's-eye
08-19-2008, 05:41 PM
I can't recall, the inner Houston teams have been very weak for several years. HISD doesn't have a lot of money to support their sports programs. Most teams are at a disadvantge when it comes to football. The weight rooms at most of the schools are a joke.

rancher
08-19-2008, 05:46 PM
Very weak team, luck to have enough players to even field a team.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-19-2008, 05:47 PM
I can't recall, the inner Houston teams have been very weak for several years. HISD doesn't have a lot of money to support their sports programs. Most teams are at a disadvantge when it comes to football. The weight rooms at most of the schools are a joke.

What is the advantage of a scrimmage vs very weak? And who sceduled this team?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-19-2008, 05:49 PM
I may go watch this scrimmage.

Were is Barnett?

LH Panther Mom
08-19-2008, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
What is the advantage of a scrimmage vs very weak? And who sceduled this team?
Oh good grief!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-19-2008, 05:57 PM
Will Sealys underclassmen get to scrimmage anyone?

zebrablue2
08-19-2008, 06:00 PM
I may have missed it. How did Sealy do in last weeks scrimmage?

Bull's-eye
08-19-2008, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Oh good grief!

Charlie Brown :D

Bull's-eye
08-19-2008, 06:08 PM
Were is Barnett?

http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=605

Texasbob is great for finding stadiums.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-19-2008, 06:12 PM
Charlie Brown :D :fnypost: :fnypost: :fnypost:

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-22-2008, 11:01 PM
Any word?

scrub c
08-22-2008, 11:23 PM
Has Sterling ever been a good football team or not?

Well, in 2002 They were 11-0 when we played them in the 2nd round of the 4A playoffs. They were pretty good then.

(And yes we did beat them 32-12)

rancher
08-23-2008, 07:46 AM
That was the 2002 season, it is now 2006, demographics change and so do the kids. HISD is not what is use to be due to the large Hispanic population in the schools. Great soccer, not football. Prime example Kashmere was a powerhouse in the 70's-80's, now they are lucky to win a game.

rancher
08-23-2008, 07:48 AM
You also must remember that HISD has the magnet school concept, which basically means a student can just about go to any school they want. You better be packin if you go to Barnett, you will need it on that side of town.

TexasBob
08-23-2008, 08:11 AM
http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=605

Texasbob is great for finding stadiums.

Yes he is!!:)

rancher
08-23-2008, 10:18 AM
Just spoke to a friend who's son plays for the Tigers. He told me that Sealy won going away. Related that Sterling was worse than Stratford, but had more speed. Also told me that when they went to their vehicles afterwards, some had been broken into. Several parents upset at the police as they were told, "Hey we cant be everywhere, this is not the country." I told him he better be packin.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-23-2008, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by rancher
Related that Sterling was worse than Stratford, but had more speed. Also told me that when they went to their vehicles afterwards, some had been broken into. Several parents upset at the police as they were told, "Hey we cant be everywhere, this is not the country." I told him he better be packin.

#7 Sealy really got a good test vs Stafford and Sterling. Cant wait to see what the Sealy paper says after the 4a Sterling game.
Heard Sterling had few players?

Necks_Fan
08-23-2008, 11:18 AM
#7 Sealy really got a good test vs Stafford and Sterling. Cant wait to see what the Sealy paper says after the 4a Sterling game.
Heard Sterling had few players? You sure are quite obsessed with Sealy.

Bull's-eye
08-23-2008, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by rancher
That was the 2002 season, it is now 2006, demographics change and so do the kids. HISD is not what is use to be due to the large Hispanic population in the schools. Great soccer, not football. Prime example Kashmere was a powerhouse in the 70's-80's, now they are lucky to win a game.

Rancher, uh....it's 2008.

Necks_Fan
08-23-2008, 11:24 AM
Rancher, uh....it's 2008. Lol. And scrub was just answering someone's question.

They asked if Sterling has ever been any good and 02 they were pretty good.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-23-2008, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
You sure are quite obsessed with Sealy.

You are obsessed with yourself, meaning you know more than everybody.

Necks_Fan
08-23-2008, 11:31 AM
You are obsessed with yourself, meaning you know more than everybody. Good one......:thumbsup:

Pudlugger
08-23-2008, 11:57 AM
You sure are quite obsessed with Sealy.

He's not obsessed with anybody. Sealy is a big factor in D25 and everyone in that district who is aiming for a playoff spot is "obsessed" with what Sealy does this pre-district. Isn't that the point of this 3A football forum, to discuss teams that figure into the competition in district and state? Why do you need to provoke people so much? You remind me of that red headed freckle faced kid on the Simpson's, always
saying stuff to irritate others LOL.

rancher
08-23-2008, 12:36 PM
You are correct, I need to proof read better or get in the correct year. 2008, I have no excuse for the error.

Necks_Fan
08-23-2008, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
He's not obsessed with anybody. Sealy is a big factor in D25 and everyone in that district who is aiming for a playoff spot is "obsessed" with what Sealy does this pre-district. Isn't that the point of this 3A football forum, to discuss teams that figure into the competition in district and state? Why do you need to provoke people so much? You remind me of that red headed freckle faced kid on the Simpson's, always
saying stuff to irritate others LOL. Lol. His fascination with Sealy's #7 ranking is just a bit odd.... to me anyway.

Whatever the case, you remind me of some old senile guy who gets pissed at anybody that has an opinion....

It's all good though, not hurting my feelings...

Pudlugger
08-23-2008, 02:20 PM
Lol. His fascination with Sealy's #7 ranking is just a bit odd.... to me anyway.

Whatever the case, you remind me of some old senile guy who gets pissed at anybody that has an opinion....

It's all good though, not hurting my feelings...

I don't mind posters sharing opinions just don't like to see folks get attacked for them. Discuss all you want but keep it civil.
As for being senile, well I'm not there yet LOL.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-23-2008, 03:05 PM
Lol. His fascination with Sealy's #7 ranking is just a bit odd.... to me anyway.

Its his opinion, you Nek-fan are the one with no opinoin! You on the other hand, just down other people that have opinions.
You are the one that is odd!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-23-2008, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
saying stuff to irritate others LOL.

Good post Pud!!!!!

Bull's-eye
08-23-2008, 03:27 PM
I think with Sealy in the same district, 10 miles down the road and being Bellville's chief rival, he should have an interest in their team. From what I seen, WC fans may want to take an interest in Needville.

Necks_Fan
08-23-2008, 04:41 PM
Its his opinion, you Nek-fan are the one with no opinoin! Ok, I guess I should just go over to the WC thread and write me up another "opinoin" real quick, even though I have posted all my thoughts on them after BOTH scrimmages. I guess that doesn't count as an "opinoin" though.

mac77
08-23-2008, 05:05 PM
Necks-Fan, I love ya to death man but you'd argue with a signpost! LOL!

Necks_Fan
08-23-2008, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by mac77
Necks-Fan, I love ya to death man but you'd argue with a signpost! LOL! I was thinking fence post, but yea....

Tiger4Ever
08-23-2008, 05:32 PM
Sealy's travel to Houston Sterling was very sucessful with the offense scoring several times on big plays and had only one play before the live quarter that didn't result in positive yards the defense was coming along and forced several three-and-outs in addition to two picks returned for TD's.

Necks_Fan
08-23-2008, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Tiger4Ever
Sealy's travel to Houston Sterling was very sucessful with the offense scoring several times on big plays and had only one play before the live quarter that didn't result in positive yards the defense was coming along and forced several three-and-outs in addition to two picks returned for TD's. Nice first post!:clap:

Congrats to Sealy on playing well.

Anybody else see it different?

Tiger4Ever
08-23-2008, 08:42 PM
An interesting note: Sealy's placekicker Victor Luna hit three consecutive 47-yard field goals while Houston Sterling's kicker only managed to hit his teammates in the backside.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-23-2008, 09:36 PM
Sealy's travel to Houston Sterling was very sucessful

Sounds like it was also good for the thugs that broke into the cars from Sealy @ the game.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-23-2008, 09:38 PM
Ok, I guess I should just go over to the WC thread

Go over and stay there!

scrub c
08-23-2008, 10:16 PM
Sealy makes the playoffs in that district.

Take that to the bank.

Bull's-eye
08-23-2008, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by scrub c
Sealy makes the playoffs in that district.

Take that to the bank.

Not the team that I watched against Stafford and how can you say that without seeing the other D25 teams?

Necks_Fan
08-23-2008, 11:07 PM
Not the team that I watched against Stafford and how can you say that without seeing the other D25 teams? Same way that FBB says Needville wins D26.....

Lol @ FBB.... I think I'll stay over here where I can run ur panties even farther up... well you know where.... cuz they sure have been up there real high lately....

You should think about pulling em out sometime soon...

Tiger4Ever
08-23-2008, 11:12 PM
Not the team that I watched against Stafford and how can you say that without seeing the other D25 teams?

Sealy WILL make the playoffs. They thought last year we would repeat a 2-8 season but we made the playoffs and almost knocked out the supposed "unbeatable" Giddings Buffaloes.

Necks_Fan
08-23-2008, 11:13 PM
Sealy WILL make the playoffs. They thought last year we would repeat a 2-8 season but we made the playoffs and almost knocked out the supposed "unbeatable" Giddings Buffaloes. They did "knock out" Brock....

Say r u a student or alum or just a fan?

Just curious....:)

I_DONT_CARE
08-25-2008, 07:06 AM
Go over and stay there! AND SOME PEOPLE SAY I'M RUDE! :rolleyes: