PDA

View Full Version : BH vs. Dickinson

Eagles52
09-06-2003, 10:19 PM
I know there probably wont be many people from dickinson in here to talk but I'd like some opinions by the experts here at 3adownlow on who will win this game

hsfan
09-06-2003, 10:51 PM
hey eagle52 i like your chances now that the qb is out.as long as you guys continue to work hard every day you will do fine.goodluck fri.!!

Eagles52
09-06-2003, 10:57 PM
Dickinson will be tough and I'm not sure about them defensively but I know that rushing attack will be a great test for the Eagle D...lookin forward to an injury free friday night

RBARKER
09-07-2003, 01:08 PM
The way the Defense played this friday they would have to have a heck of a running back to compete. I'll say BH by 14.

Eagles52
09-07-2003, 03:39 PM
from what I understand this guy is a heck of a running back and dickinson as a team had some ridiculous number like 300 yards of rushing against smiley...even if smiley is horrible they've got some kind of rushing attack...however rbarker I agree our defense put on a good showing against HF and looks forward to the challenge.

BlueBlood
09-08-2003, 01:15 PM
I am just elated that the Eagles pulled it out last week. I had my doubts after the Anahuac game. I see the game this week as a toss up. BH could win with the kind of improvement they showed last week. However, the game is in Dickinson. Several years ago, I was not impressed with officiating that took place over there. But you have to be able to win on the road. The other scary thing is that they beat the snot out of us last year.

"Pulling for the Eagles to keep improving!"

RBARKER
09-09-2003, 09:54 AM
Well on the Collier they have Dickinson picked by 8. If BH can come out and play mistake free football they should come out with a win. Is it true that the Dickinson QB is out? I saw that there running back ran for 321 yards against Smiley. Smiley is a horrible 4A team so its hard to gauge how good the running back is, but 321 yards is a bunch against any team. If BH wins this game the Eagles would be looking good to repeat as district champs this year.

BlueBlood
09-09-2003, 10:00 AM
I agree that this game could be a great guage for how the district wil shape up. A win against Dickinson and the Eagles will have a shot at another district championship. However, a loss and the Eagles will have a tough row to hoe. That was not the case last years but this year Dickinson is a little down. The Eagles should fair a little better against them.

big69
09-09-2003, 10:26 AM
Is BH having kind of a down year or were there some injured players when ya'll played Anahuac. Or are they just that good?

RBARKER
09-09-2003, 11:46 AM
big69:
Is BH having kind of a down year or were there some injured players when ya'll played Anahuac. Or are they just that good?You could say BH is having a down year. The offense is rebuilding with a Soph. QB and 1st year RB and only returned 3 on offense from last year. The Defense is solid and has 7 back from last year. The Anahuac game was an off game and if the two meat again I believe it would be a different out come. Anahuac has a solid team and played us well and should do well in District. I think they were just a better team the 1st game of the year than we were.

hsfan
09-09-2003, 07:44 PM
according to the chronicle the starting qb broke his leg in a baseball tourn this summer in arizona.if the d can hang tough this week and the o continues to get better.this will be a good game if bh can run the ball good.

bhillfan
09-09-2003, 08:26 PM
well ricky (one of the defensive ends) looks like he is out for this game because of an ankle sprain or something, but the rest of the D still looks good, the O looks like they did a little better at practice this week so far so who knows

trojandad
09-10-2003, 02:08 AM
Well, win, lose or draw against Dickinson (and I hope you guys take it to them), don't let it get in the way that they are a better than average 4A team and they will make you better, win or lose. I'd concentrate more on the 4 year district streak that has come in spite of losing to Dickinson, so I believe either way you guys will come out District picks. Like Ali used to say, can't tie the champ, gotta beat him.

The first game you guys HAVE to win is Huffman. Keep your eyes on the prize, because I can tell you that the boys over here want that District trophy this year, even more than a playoff win. Stay healthy guys, and good luck Friday. Looks like the guys are gonna pull me to Diboll (I was voting to come see y'all, LOL)

BHfootballprincess
09-10-2003, 08:14 AM
the defense is strong with randy powell and cody hales will be leading the charge they will be like sampson running after cheese through a brick wall. we know for sure the running back wont have 321 against us.

eagle.eyes
09-10-2003, 08:43 AM
Talked to Dickinson parent at work today. He said not only is the QB out for the year but also the defenses best player and leader LB

Eagles52
09-10-2003, 09:13 PM
I think our shots are MUCH better than they were last year to defeat them so we'll just have to see how it works out

Jetback
09-11-2003, 09:01 AM
BH is sure full of alot of wishing and hoping and i think we can. Not a lot of confidence over there this year. I love it. Well, Eagles, maybe you might if the stars line up right and the moss grows on the correct side of the rock. Ha. Dickinson by a bunch.

RBARKER
09-11-2003, 10:53 AM
For some of you newbies on here from BH this Jetback fella aka yellaback, comes on here every year running his mouth about how horrible BH is. He will only be here for a while once BH starts winning, he leaves untill next year.

EAGLETOWN
09-11-2003, 11:53 AM
Yeah RB Jetback just shows up to run his hollow head every year.

Although I love it when he picks against us.

How many times has he been wrong now since he started posting RB.

He must be a member of a team that we dominate every year to have developed that much of a hatred toward us.

That's OK Jetback feel free to pick against us anytime.

:rolleyes: One day you might actually get one right. :rolleyes:

Jetback
09-11-2003, 12:53 PM
I am going to start getting my picks right this week. Dickinson--a whole bunch, BH--maybe one TD and a missed PAT.

bhillfan
09-11-2003, 03:00 PM
the BH's D wont let the score add up to a bunch in dickinsons favor, we play as hard as it comes so i can say that much for the BH D

gator04
09-12-2003, 08:29 AM
Hope we get the game in very wet. If we do Dickinsons def. is very strong and Off. is hugh off. line averages over 300 with back goes about 240 with speed.

gator
09-12-2003, 08:31 AM
Gators play better in the water, Birds don't fly with thier wings wet Gators 21 Eagles 14

gator04
09-12-2003, 08:33 AM
Gators 21 to 0

gator
09-12-2003, 08:34 AM
OK, I was trying to give them a little breather when our second team goes in.

RBARKER
09-12-2003, 08:48 AM
Allright we have some gator fans on here. Welcome to the board. Your right about the weather with that big running back of yours, he will be hard to stop in the Mud. But remember boys this isn't the Smily team you played last week. BH will come ready and will give the Gators a good test. The game will be close and low scoring due to the weather but this is what football is all about. Looking foward to the game BH fans should pack the house. Could one of the Gator fans give me some directions to the stadium. Thanks. Oh and BH 17 Gators 14 :D

spike
09-12-2003, 11:54 AM
Don't see Don and the boys pulling this one out of their hat.

Gator's 24
BH 14

gator04
09-12-2003, 12:03 PM
The parking lot is grass so get there as early as possible to get a parking spot.The stadium is right off of 517 which you can hit from hwy 146 or I-45.You are right about Smiley They were very big with some talent but did not play as a team.They had 13 players over 300 lbs.

<small>[ September 12, 2003, 12:09 PM: Message edited by: gator04 ]</small>

gator
09-12-2003, 12:23 PM
From 146 south to Fm517 take right keep traveling to the west until you reach a fork in the road and cross a railroad track take a right at the tracks on Hill St. Stadium on the left. From I45 go south exit 517 go east turn left on Hill st.

Go Gators!!

Does eagles have web feet? If not better bring your waders..It is raining like hell again&gt;

<small>[ September 12, 2003, 01:45 PM: Message edited by: gator ]</small>

EAGLETOWN
09-12-2003, 04:33 PM
Its game time baby.

Lets go Eagles.

:mad: Strap'em up and bust some chins!! :mad:

FBmania
09-12-2003, 06:38 PM
gator:
From 146 south to Fm517 take right keep traveling to the west until you reach a fork in the road and cross a railroad track take a right at the tracks on Hill St. Stadium on the left. From I45 go south exit 517 go east turn left on Hill st.

Go Gators!!

Does eagles have web feet? If not better bring your waders..It is raining like hell again&gt;We don't need web feet, when we want to land after soaring over the swamp all night, we'll just zoom in and land on the backs of dead floating gators!
How about it Eagles, tomorrow we'll have a "Talon cleaning" party to get rid of what will be left of the gators sticking to your claws!!!!

Let's go Eagles!

eagle08
09-13-2003, 04:06 PM
Great game Eagles. I will say that Dickinson appeared at first sight to be a very good football team. They had all the size in the world and they ran their mouth in warmups better than anyone I've ever witnessed. After BH's first long drive it was obvious the gators were only big and out of shape. The Hill wore out Dickinson early and they were not able to catch their breath.