PDA

View Full Version : Breaking news out of Brownwood!!!

Sweetwater Red
08-19-2008, 10:56 AM
Inside sources report that Brownwood QB Casey Pachall
texted DB Kenny Vacarro over the weekend asking him if he
needed a roommate over there in Early and if so could he(Pachall)
bring a couple of 6'4" very athletic WR's with him.:eek:

:D :devil: :D

Ranger Mom
08-19-2008, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red

:eek: :eek: :eek:

:stirpot: :stirpot: :stirpot: :fnypost:

LHexPlayer
08-19-2008, 11:11 AM

Early will win all their games now.

And in other news. Rocket is starting the new Early football website. More details to come.

Sweetwater Red
08-19-2008, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by LHexPlayer
Rocket is starting the new Early football website. More details to come.

Hopefully it will be more active than www.brownwoodlions.com yawn. :devil:

BwdLions
08-19-2008, 01:00 PM
Hopefully it will be more active than www.brownwoodlions.yawn.:devil:

:blahblah:

Ranger Mom
08-19-2008, 01:20 PM
Hopefully it will be more active than www.brownwoodlions

I have tried!!:D

Rocket
08-19-2008, 01:23 PM
HA HA

funny one guys... our site is always like this until the season starts. Sweetwater should know.

BwdLions
08-19-2008, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
HA HA

funny one guys... our site is always like this until the season starts. Sweetwater should know.

He knows, he just likes to stir things up.

orange machine
08-19-2008, 04:09 PM
Cant help, but think this is going to really slow Bwood down now. I also heard that Bwood only had 34 suited out on varsity sat. per the Brownwood news paper. Whats the deal with the low numbers?

Sweetwater Red
08-19-2008, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by BwdLions
He knows, he just likes to stir things up.

Why yes I do. I'm giving my favorite Brownwood poster hell on
ya'lls board now. All bets are off when you start trashing
Sweetwater Mustang football.:devil:

Rocket
08-19-2008, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by orange machine
Cant help, but think this is going to really slow Bwood down now. I also heard that Bwood only had 34 suited out on varsity sat. per the Brownwood news paper. Whats the deal with the low numbers?

Still making decisions on who to bring up.

Lion_Addict
08-19-2008, 04:24 PM
Why yes I do. I'm giving my favorite Brownwood poster hell on
ya'lls board now. All bets are off when you start trashing
Sweetwater Mustang football.:devil:

Yeah.....keep on bringing that "hell" big Red! Loving every bit of it :devil:

nobogey72
08-19-2008, 04:28 PM
Still making decisions on who to bring up.

so, all Juniors don't start out on varsity? 34 total for Jrs. and Srs. is a pretty low number for such a storied powerhouse. And, if you are talking about which Sophs to bring up, this really is going to be fun.:cheerl: :cheerl:

orange machine
08-19-2008, 04:30 PM
I think Brownwood will still be a very solid team and yes i do believe that one player can make a huge difference. Without Kenny i think Brownwood loses a ton. I think Brownwood will make the playoffs and a little noise, but i dont think now for sure they have enough to make the title run. Just my opinion Brownwood posters dont hate because i said that ok.:D

Rocket
08-19-2008, 04:30 PM
We'll see....
You are entitled to your opinion. Time will tell...

Sweetwater Red
08-19-2008, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
so, all Juniors don't start out on varsity? 34 total for Jrs. and Srs. is a pretty low number for such a storied powerhouse. And, if you are talking about which Sophs to bring up, this really is going to be fun.:cheerl: :cheerl:

For a "big" 3A school you'd think they'd have almost 34 seniors
on varsity.:thinking:

LH Panther Mom
08-19-2008, 05:40 PM
For a "big" 3A school you'd think they'd have almost 34 seniors
on varsity.:thinking:
I think we have 26-27, and we're probably considered upper-middle.

Lion_Addict
08-19-2008, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by orange machine
Brownwood posters dont hate because i said that ok.:D

No problem. We hated ya before you said it :p :D

wimbo_pro
08-19-2008, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I think we have 26-27, and we're probably considered upper-middle.

And only 6-7 starters returning???

LH Panther Mom
08-19-2008, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
And only 6-7 starters returning???
I think 9 is the official count. Some of the seniors were on JV last year; many aren't considered starters but did see significant varsity playing time last year.

wimbo_pro
08-19-2008, 06:00 PM
9 is a lot better than 6, this is for sure. But I guess if you are that stacked with talent, these numbers arent that surprising.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-19-2008, 06:07 PM

Why are they leaving Brownwood?

WildTexan972
08-19-2008, 06:07 PM
so....Early don't wear maroon and he just could not stand it anymore?

Rocket
08-19-2008, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by WildTexan972
so....Early don't wear maroon and he just could not stand it anymore?

wow, good job..you nailed it.

Sweetwater Red
08-19-2008, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma

Dude don't edit my posts to insinuate something that was not my
intention. If you continue to do so, my lawyers will be in contact
with you very soon.....How much money does you got?:devil:

SintonFan_inAustin
08-19-2008, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I think we have 26-27, and we're probably considered upper-middle. Sinton has 31 seniors to try and improve from a 1-9 season :)

BwdLions
08-20-2008, 02:27 PM
It's great that there are so many people on here that are concerned with Brownwood's number of varsity players and returning starters. Thanks for caring. :blush:

Rocket
08-20-2008, 03:09 PM
It's great that there are so many people on here that are concerned with Brownwood's number of varsity players and returning starters. Thanks for caring. :blush:

Yep..funny huh?

Phantom Stang
08-20-2008, 05:24 PM
Personally, I don't know why everyone is making such a big deal out of Brownwood only suiting up only 34 players. After all, they only need eleven at any given time. Especially when two of em are 6'4, 200lbs, and EXTREMELY athletic!:D :p :D

wimbo_pro
08-20-2008, 07:27 PM

I really think its more that people are on here asking and commenting about Brownwood and their prospects to see what are the chances of Rocket being completely humiliated by the end of the season.

Rocket
08-20-2008, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
Personally, I don't know why everyone is making such a big deal out of Brownwood only suiting up only 34 players. After all, they only need eleven at any given time. Especially when two of em are 6'4, 200lbs, and EXTREMELY athletic!:D :p :D

Ignorant post. Would you rather have 11 out of 60 or 11 out of 35 with 5 playing both ways most of the game? Another smart one ladies and gentleman..

Numbers and enrollment don't matter right? :thinking:

Rocket
08-20-2008, 07:33 PM
I really think its more that people are on here asking and commenting about Brownwood and their prospects to see what are the chances of Rocket being completely humiliated by the end of the season.

I already have my ace in the hole excuse though right? LOL

And why would I be humiliated? All I have ever said is that we can hang, alot more so now that we are in 3A. I have taken some shots here and there, but nothing worse than anybody else. I have also said its all in fun and I have also said I will eat crow IF it comes to that. So... let's keep having fun... ha ha

wimbo_pro
08-20-2008, 07:52 PM
I already have my ace in the hole excuse though right? LOL

thats the best tact to take...soften it up for easy swallowing later!

Rocket
08-20-2008, 07:57 PM
thats the best tact to take...soften it up for easy swallowing later!

You know all of my trash talking was with KV in the equation, right? LOL

I will still be here and I will still be talking trash. I talk trash to talk trash...and I will be her laughing and taking it no matter what IF it comes to that. Nothing to worry about wimbo... but you do know that no KV is going to really hurt your "i said so's"...IF it comes to that. I really want us to whoop 3A butt now without KV and then I can stick it to ya even more!

Displaced Texan
08-20-2008, 08:11 PM
So Rodney, why do you mention KV on here, but had a thread on brownwoodlions as the [The Player]. Is his name or intials not allowed there now. Enlighten us.

garciap77
08-20-2008, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Displaced Texan
So Rodney, why do you mention KV on here, but had a thread on brownwoodlions as the [The Player]. Is his name or intials not allowed there now. Enlighten us.

Rocket
08-20-2008, 09:04 PM

You know, people have been asking this alot.

The BrownwoodLions.com Messageboard is a team site messageboard and it is there only to promote the team. Once the KV stuff started going down, we tried to take the limelight off of him as much as possible and yet explain it the best we could without getting hearsay involved, since it was all just coming out and we didn't have the truth or wasn't sure about it. We try to keep all negative stuff off of the board as well as rumors and talking about a kid and letting that be our focus instead of the TEAM is what we were trying to avoid. Rumors can easily be formed and we just tried to maintain. It is not that it is taboo there and not here, that forum serves a different purpose than this one.

Hope that helps...

garciap77
08-20-2008, 09:06 PM
You know, people have been asking this alot.

The BrownwoodLions.com Messageboard is a team site messageboard and it is there only to promote the team. Once the KV stuff started going down, we tried to take the limelight off of him as much as possible and yet explain it the best we could without getting hearsay involved, since it was all just coming out and we didn't have the truth or wasn't sure about it. We try to keep all negative stuff off of the board as well as rumors and talking about a kid and letting that be our focus instead of the TEAM is what we were trying to avoid. Rumors can easily be formed and we just tried to maintain. It is not that it is taboo there and not here, that forum serves a different purpose than this one.

Hope that helps...

Is that you Rocket? You sound different!;)

Rocket
08-20-2008, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Is that you Rocket? You sound different!;)

It's me! ha ha

garciap77
08-20-2008, 09:10 PM
It's me! ha ha

That was boring!:D

bobcat1
08-20-2008, 09:10 PM
Is that you Rocket? You sound different!;) Sounds almost like a eunuch to me. :D

Displaced Texan
08-20-2008, 09:19 PM
Thanks for the humble response. I had posed that question on the brownwoodlions.com website and the thread was deleted. I hope I didn't ruffle your or Lloyds feathers as I am a fan of Brownwood football.

Brownwood will be better in the long run with KV gone, IMO.

garciap77
08-20-2008, 09:23 PM
Thanks for the humble response. I had posed that question on the brownwoodlions.com website and the thread was deleted. I hope I didn't ruffle your or Lloyds feathers as I am a fan of Brownwood football.

Brownwood will be better in the long run with KV gone, IMO.

What are you doing in Salinas/Montery?

Displaced Texan
08-20-2008, 09:29 PM
Trying to get my butt back to Texas. I am in the produce industry as a Sr. Transporation Manger for a company that purchases veggies. I have been here for 8 plus years. It is a nice place to visit but all of my family (other than my wife, who is a native Californian) is back in Texas.

You still can't afford a house here. The average home is about $600 grand down from $850,000 a couple of years ago. That will get you about a 2000 sq ft 30 year old home. Ridiculous!

garciap77
08-20-2008, 09:44 PM
Trying to get my butt back to Texas. I am in the produce industry as a Sr. Transporation Manger for a company that purchases veggies. I have been here for 8 plus years. It is a nice place to visit but all of my family (other than my wife, who is a native Californian) is back in Texas.

You still can't afford a house here. The average home is about $600 grand down from $850,000 a couple of years ago. That will get you about a 2000 sq ft 30 year old home. Ridiculous!

I know what you mean! I lived in Mt. View, Ca about 85 miles from Montery! 5 Miles south of Palo Alto. I loved going to Montery and Carmel. The homes in Mt. View back then started at about $350,000 1,000 - 1,200 Sq.; Ft. 30 -40 yrs old. The 2,000 sq. ft. newer homes were $1,000,000 - 6,000,000 those home in Texas maybe $250,000. Hope you make it back. I bet you miss Texas High School football!:)

Displaced Texan
08-20-2008, 10:07 PM
I know what you mean! I lived in Mt. View, Ca about 85 miles from Montery! 5 Miles south of Palo Alto. I loved going to Montery and Carmel. The homes in Mt. View back then started at about $350,000 1,000 - 1,200 Sq.; Ft. 30 -40 yrs old. The 2,000 sq. ft. newer homes were $1,000,000 - 6,000,000 those home in Texas maybe $250,000. Hope you make it back. I bet you miss Texas High School football!:)

Yes, I do. I went and watched De La Salle play Palma out of Salinas a couple of years ago. The football out here does not even compare. I tell everyone around here that De La Salle would not have dominated like they did for 10 years if they played in Texas.

My wife has a Dr. in Mountain View so I know it pretty well. Monterey and Carmel are cool and you can't beat the weather but it's not home.

The company I work has an office in Dallas so the plans are in motion to get me back to the DFW area. God willing I will be back within the year.

I'm just glad that I am able to get my fix on web-sites like 3A Downlow and Orangebloods.com. I keep up with most of the HS football scores on the ARN GoFriddayNight.com website.

Could never have lived here without the internet and Direct TV.

:cool:

garciap77
08-20-2008, 10:17 PM
Yes, I do. I went and watched De La Salle play Palma out of Salinas a couple of years ago. The football out here does not even compare. I tell everyone around here that De La Salle would not have dominated like they did for 10 years if they played in Texas.

My wife has a Dr. in Mountain View so I know it pretty well. Monterey and Carmel are cool and you can't beat the weather but it's not home.

The company I work has an office in Dallas so the plans are in motion to get me back to the DFW area. God willing I will be back within the year.

I'm just glad that I am able to get my fix on web-sites like 3A Downlow and Orangebloods.com. I keep up with most of the HS football scores on the ARN GoFriddayNight.com website.

Could never have lived here without the internet and Direct TV.

:cool:

:hijacktd:

Watched De La Salle play a couple of times in Concord. They were good, but the fans don't care. The is no hype out there about high school football!

Heck even BW has better Fans than they do!:D ;)

smash mouth
08-20-2008, 11:07 PM
I am not sure what went on but it seems as if he is no longer a brownwood lion -- an insight?

Ranger Mom
08-21-2008, 08:58 AM

Was Rodney the name of the guinea pig in Dr. Doolittle??

Every time I read one of Rockets post and see his name, or someone calls him Rodney, I have a vision of that guinea pig singing in the car!!:p

BwdLions
08-21-2008, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

Every time I read one of Rockets post and see his name, or someone calls him Rodney, I have a vision of that guinea pig singing in the car!!:p

It sounds like you need to go to bed earlier Ranger Mom. You're a little tacky this morning.

Sweetwater Red
08-21-2008, 09:18 AM

I was thinking more of Daingerfield. I mean he(Rocket) gets no respect.

Ranger Mom
08-21-2008, 09:20 AM
It sounds like you need to go to bed earlier Ranger Mom. You're a little tacky this morning.

I am being honest. Every time I read the name "Rodney," I think of that little guinea pig!

How is that tacky??

Lion_Addict
08-21-2008, 09:23 AM
Think maybe it's just that same "crush" thingy going on that RWB has on Rocket. Catfight in the making? :thinking: :D

Sweetwater Red
08-21-2008, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
Think maybe it's just that same "crush" thingy going on that RWB has on Rocket. Catfight in the making? :thinking: :D

You've got it backwards. Ranger Mom doesn't chase men. Men
chase Ranger Mom.:thumbsup:

Lion_Addict
08-21-2008, 09:30 AM

You go man! Rack up them brownie points, HA HA!! ;)

BILLYFRED0000
08-21-2008, 09:39 AM
You go man! Rack up them brownie points, HA HA!! ;)

Hey we accept it why don't you..... Mom is the man......:kiss:

RedWhiteBlue
08-21-2008, 10:02 AM

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Lion_Addict
08-21-2008, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
Hey we accept it why don't you..... Mom is the man......:kiss:

Ummmm...... from what I see, she dang sure ain't no "man" (that would be a compliment by the way) ;) .
How about "Stud-ette"? :D

Rocket
08-21-2008, 11:10 AM

I love that guniea pig, too. No offense taken.. my wife makes fun of my name all the time... my middle name is Leroy. Now get your laugh on.

RWB, are you mad at me? You haven't called me out for a while... ha ha

garciap77
08-21-2008, 11:34 AM

P.S. Pay attention NeckFans!

garciap77
08-21-2008, 11:37 AM

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

Lion_Addict
08-21-2008, 11:55 AM
You've got it backwards. Ranger Mom doesn't chase men. Men chase Ranger Mom.

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

So, I take it she's pretty dag gummed fast huh fellas? :thinking: :D

RedWhiteBlue
08-21-2008, 12:08 PM
I love that guniea pig, too. No offense taken.. my wife makes fun of my name all the time... my middle name is Leroy. Now get your laugh on.

RWB, are you mad at me? You haven't called me out for a while... ha ha
Now I know you are lying!!!! There is no way your mother named you Rodney Leroy.:p

garciap77
08-21-2008, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue
Now I know you are lying!!!! There is no way your mother named you Rodney Leroy.:p

So, you're not Rocket's mother? http://forums.dealofday.com/images/smilies/confused1.gif

Then, nobogey72 must not be tell the truth! ;)

Lion_Addict
08-21-2008, 12:27 PM
So, you're not Rocket's mother? http://forums.dealofday.com/images/smilies/confused1.gif

Then, nobogey72 must not be tell the truth! ;)

You gonna believe somebody that's shacked up with my "Daddy"??? :doh: :D

garciap77
08-21-2008, 12:35 PM
You gonna believe somebody that's shacked up with my "Daddy"??? :doh: :D

Hey I think I miss read one of nobogey's post! It's not RWB! But, it's someone in BW! :D ;)

Sorry RWB!:blush:

Rocket
08-21-2008, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue

It's the truth..Leroy is a family middle name passed down from my grandfather to my dad to me... Would I lie about that? um no.

BwdLions
08-21-2008, 12:58 PM
I am being honest. Every time I read the name "Rodney," I think of that little guinea pig!

How is that tacky??

Oh, I didn't know the guinea pig was named Rodney. I thought you were just saying Rodney reminded you of a guinea pig from a movie. Sorry. :blush:

Sweetwater Red
08-21-2008, 01:04 PM
It's the truth..Leroy is a family middle name passed down from my grandfather to my dad to me... Would I lie about that? um no.

So is it Rodney LEE-roy or Rodney le-ROY?

Ranger Mom
08-21-2008, 01:06 PM
Oh, I didn't know the guinea pig was named Rodney. I thought you were just saying Rodney reminded you of a guinea pig from a movie. Sorry. :blush:

That's okay!!

When I am being tacky, believe me, you will know it!!:D

Rocket
08-21-2008, 02:06 PM
That's okay!!

Yeah... I bet. ;)

Phantom Stang
08-21-2008, 03:43 PM

Ignorant post. Would you rather have 11 out of 60 or 11 out of 35 with 5 playing both ways most of the game? Another smart one ladies and gentleman..

Numbers and enrollment don't matter right? :thinking:
So you really thought my tongue in cheek post was serious?? :eek: :rolleyes:

So I guess that means you must have been serious when you said on another thread, " I hope you guys have an answer for 2 6'4 200lb extremely athletic WR's.". If such a naive statement had come from one of our student posters, it would be understandable. But for it to come from someone who poses as a knowledgeable poster, it can only be classified as "ignorant". I call it ignorant because any one who follows H.S. football knows that several teams with a couple of big and talented players will be sitting at home come playoff time.

To answer your question, "Would you rather have 11 out of 60 or 11 out of 35 with 5 playing both ways most of the game?", of course I would rather go into the game with 60. Your hometown newspaper reported however, that Brownwood only suited up 34 kids for their varsity scrimmage.

Now, for my questions to you, using YOUR logic... Do you think Brownwood might struggle a bit this year, in a district with several teams historically known for having high participation numbers? Also do you think that given the apparently low turnout numbers, Brownwood might have been more than a tad bit overrated by the pre-season pollsters?:thinking:

Ranger Mom
08-21-2008, 03:45 PM
So you really thought my tongue in cheek post was serious?? :eek: :rolleyes:

So I guess that means you must have been serious when you said on another thread, " I hope you guys have an answer for 2 6'4 200lb extremely athletic WR's.". If such a naive statement had come from one of our student posters, it would be understandable. But for it to come from someone who poses as a knowledgeable poster, it can only be classified as "ignorant". I call it ignorant because any one who follows H.S. football knows that several teams with a couple of big and talented players will be sitting at home come playoff time.

To answer your question, "Would you rather have 11 out of 60 or 11 out of 35 with 5 playing both ways most of the game?", of course I would rather go into the game with 60. Your hometown newspaper reported however, that Brownwood only suited up 34 kids for their varsity scrimmage.

Now, for my questions to you, using YOUR logic... Do you think Brownwood might struggle a bit this year, in a district with several teams historically known for having high participation numbers? Also do you think that given the apparently low turnout numbers, Brownwood might have been more than a tad bit overrated by the pre-season pollsters?:thinking:

Cut him some slack dude......(his middle name IS "Leroy" after all!!):eek: :eek:

Sweetwater Red
08-21-2008, 03:54 PM
Cut him some slack dude

Don't listen to her Phantom. Drop the hammer on him!:evillol:

:1popcorn: :D :1popcorn:

Phantom Stang
08-21-2008, 03:54 PM
Cut him some slack dude......(his middle name IS "Leroy" after all!!):eek: :eek:
Then he needs to be careful who he calls "ignorant".:D

Rocket
08-21-2008, 04:22 PM
Then he needs to be careful who he calls "ignorant".:D

You really thought my opinion about your post being ignorant means anything? I didn't call you ignorant. I called your wanna-be whitty post ignorant. That's all.

You spent way too much time on that comeback. Maybe this year we will make it 75-0 instead of 55-7... what do you think?

Sweetwater Red
08-21-2008, 04:26 PM
You really thought my opinion about your post being ignorant means anything? I didn't call you ignorant. I called your wanna-be whitty post ignorant. That's all.

You spent way too much time on that comeback. Maybe this year we will make it 75-0 instead of 55-7... what do you think?

8 out of 10 doctors say a lack of a sense of humor leads to E.D..
You might what to start stocking up on the Cialis.:thinking:

Rocket
08-21-2008, 04:28 PM
You might what to start stacking up on the Cialis.:thinking:

Yeah we see what's on your mind... hang in there buddy, it happens...

garciap77
08-21-2008, 04:31 PM
That's okay!!

Meanie!;)

garciap77
08-21-2008, 04:32 PM
Don't listen to her Phantom. Drop the hammer on him!:evillol:

:1popcorn: :D :1popcorn:

:stirpot: :stirpot:

nobogey72
08-21-2008, 05:02 PM
You know------ There are always those teams that are talented but if you give them enough time, they will self-destruct from the inside out. :eek:

Lion_Addict
08-21-2008, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
You know------ There are always those teams that are talented but if you give them enough time, they will self-destruct from the inside out. :eek:

Sumthin going on with your Bullfrogs Bogey? :thinking: :p

Old Tiger
08-21-2008, 06:02 PM
is brownwood sucking really breaking news? I mean come on really?

Rocket
08-21-2008, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
is brownwood sucking really breaking news? I mean come on really?

Apparently not...

espn1
08-21-2008, 07:45 PM
Well Hell! I'm glad to know that! I'm going to order the Comedy Channel tomorrow!:D :D :D

Phantom Stang
08-21-2008, 07:48 PM

Oh, I get it! You didn't call ME ignorant, you just called what I SAID ignorant! Thanks for clearing that up!:rolleyes:
In that case, I didn't call you ignorant either.:devil: :p

You still didn't answer my questions about Brownwood having trouble in district and being overrated though. And while you're at it, tell us just how come y'all only have 34 players on varsity.

BwdLion73
08-21-2008, 08:08 PM
Good Lord....Show your new neighbors and friends to 3 A some love. Just look at all the post about Brownwood. I never thought we would have this many post telling us how bad we were...;)

I think we should put our money where our mouth is...literally!As the games progress losers should donate to 3A Downlow. Now I'm not looking for an indictment so someone stop me if I'm wrong because I'm too close to retirement to mess that up.

I figure with all the Brownwood bashers out there we could fund this great site with all of our distractors weekly! (with all our wins)

:thinking: :kiss: :D

Rocket
08-21-2008, 08:26 PM
Oh, I get it! You didn't call ME ignorant, you just called what I SAID ignorant! Thanks for clearing that up!:rolleyes:
In that case, I didn't call you ignorant either.:devil: :p

You still didn't answer my questions about Brownwood having trouble in district and being overrated though. And while you're at it, tell us just how come y'all only have 34 players on varsity.

Brownwood Lion 2007 Roster (http://www.brownwoodlions.com/roster/)

Please refer to our official roster from last season. Count the number of players that were on Varsity. 40.

We will have the same amount or close to it by kickoff in the Alamodome. Where are ya'll playing?

If you will think about it, 40 compared to 60-75 is quite drastic and basically what we have had to put up with for 4 years in our old district. This is why we are very optimistic about playing in 3A, because numbers CAN mean everything. To win State you have to be good and lucky. Talent and no injuries to that talent, especially with a lower enrollemnt compared to most teams (us in 4A).

So yeah, we are very optimistic about our PROGRAM being on display in 3A where we belong based on our enrollemnt and our Roster size. Why does our Roster only have 40? Because it takes alot of heart and hard work to make it as a Brownwood Lion, and most kids don't have it in them to pay the price.

We have a very talented offense and most of our returning starters are on defense. By the time we meet Sweetwater, the Lions should be ready to wipe the field with you. :)

Happy?

blowfish
08-21-2008, 08:41 PM
Just got back from the Wylie vs Monahans scrimmage.... WOW!

I am not sure Monahans went four downs without us causing a turn over. What is that ole saying? Speed Kills

I think there is going to be some sad faces in Brownwood after they play the Dawgs!

Remember ya'll aint playing us in week zero this year!

Cant wait for the season to start. Good luck to everyone.

BwdLion73
08-21-2008, 08:52 PM

Oh yeah...your right...what happen in week zero last year?As a matter of fact why don't you go ahead and post your most exciteing victory over us.....Oh thats right ....you can't

Sorry had to do that. It should be a great game. Good luck and hope your fast guys come out injury free.:)

Rocket
08-21-2008, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by blowfish

I am not sure Monahans went four downs without us causing a turn over. What is that ole saying? Speed Kills

I think there is going to be some sad faces in Brownwood after they play the Dawgs!

You need to remember something...Abiene Wylie got better last season and so did we... if we would have played Wylie in District...it might have been a Sweetwater situation.

BEAST
08-21-2008, 09:03 PM

Please refer to our official roster from last season. Count the number of players that were on Varsity. 40.

We will have the same amount or close to it by kickoff in the Alamodome. Where are ya'll playing?

If you will think about it, 40 compared to 60-75 is quite drastic and basically what we have had to put up with for 4 years in our old district. This is why we are very optimistic about playing in 3A, because numbers CAN mean everything. To win State you have to be good and lucky. Talent and no injuries to that talent, especially with a lower enrollemnt compared to most teams (us in 4A).

So yeah, we are very optimistic about our PROGRAM being on display in 3A where we belong based on our enrollemnt and our Roster size. Why does our Roster only have 40? Because it takes alot of heart and hard work to make it as a Brownwood Lion, and most kids don't have it in them to pay the price.

We have a very talented offense and most of our returning starters are on defense. By the time we meet Sweetwater, the Lions should be ready to wipe the field with you. :)

Happy?

Wiping the field with Sweetwater wont be that hard, what will our boys do in the second half?

BEAST

Rocket
08-21-2008, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
Wiping the field with Sweetwater wont be that hard, what will our boys do in the second half?

BEAST

Well we can play our 8th grade B Team in the 2nd half against Sweetwater like they did against us last season for the whole game?! :)

garciap77
08-21-2008, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by BwdLion73
Good Lord....Show your new neighbors and friends to 3 A some love. Just look at all the post about Brownwood. I never thought we would have this many post telling us how bad we were...;)

I think we should put our money where our mouth is...literally!As the games progress losers should donate to 3A Downlow. Now I'm not looking for an indictment so someone stop me if I'm wrong because I'm too close to retirement to mess that up.

I figure with all the Brownwood bashers out there we could fund this great site with all of our distractors weekly! (with all our wins)

:thinking: :kiss: :D

Brownwood is good!:D

IHStangFan
08-21-2008, 09:54 PM
Brownwood is good!:D they keep having players defect they won't have a team left to play (and win) games with!! :D

BwdLion73
08-21-2008, 09:56 PM
You must now make a $20 dollar donation to 3A downlow for saying something nice about Brownwood!:D

garciap77
08-21-2008, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by blowfish

Were we at the same scrimmage? 2 Qtrs were played and the score ended 7 to 7! Their offense did a little better than our offense! The defense (Wylie & Monahans) dominated both offenses. Even though the score was even, IMO Monahans did better over all!

But your right!

There is going to be some sad faces in Brownwood after they play the Dawgs!

:iagree: :iagree:

garciap77
08-21-2008, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
they keep having players defect they won't have a team left to play (and win) games with!! :D

They still have 8th graders!:D ;)

IHStangFan
08-21-2008, 10:05 PM
They still have 8th graders!:D ;) their 8th graders are no match for Celina's 8th graders though!! :D

garciap77
08-21-2008, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
their 8th graders are no match for Celina's 8th graders though!! :D

Celina's has 8th graders? I thought they were so good they just skipped right into High School!:D ;)

Brownwood is good, Celina is not!:p ;)

IHStangFan
08-21-2008, 10:20 PM
Celina's has 8th graders? I thought they were so good they just skipped right into High School!:D ;)

Brownwood is good, Celina is not!:p ;) well woopty do!! I think they both stink....Lamesa all the way to state baby!! GO TORNADOES!!!

Phantom Stang
08-22-2008, 10:39 AM

Happy?
I'm sure you remember that Sweetwater was in 4A for several years without much higher enrollment figures than they have now, so I know all about the small school amongst big schools thing. The difference is that Sweetwater left 4A kicking and screaming because we actually welcomed the higher level of competition.

As far as you having only 40 kids on your roster given your higher enrollment because most of your kids "don't want to pay the price"; I could easily say that smaller schools with as many as 40 kids on varsity have MORE kids willing to "pay the price".... but that's an intangible that can't be proven on a message board.

When it comes to "wiping the field" comments, you'll have to find someone else to engage in that banter with you. At the end of the day, we're adults talking about kids. ;)

Sweetwater Red
08-22-2008, 10:50 AM

As far as you having only 40 kids on your roster given your higher enrollment because most of your kids "don't want to pay the price"; I could easily say that smaller schools with as many as 40 kids on varsity have MORE kids willing to "pay the price".... but that's an intangible that can't be proven on a message board.

I counted 34 helmets on both sidelines lastnight at the
Sweetwater/Vernon scrimmage. I didn't count the kids in
street clothes. The actual number is probably closer to 40
for both teams.

Sweetwater has 634 students.
Vernon has 603 students.
Brownwood has 900 students.:doh:

Rocket
08-22-2008, 12:40 PM
I'm sure you remember that Sweetwater was in 4A for several years without much higher enrollment figures than they have now, so I know all about the small school amongst big schools thing. The difference is that Sweetwater left 4A kicking and screaming because we actually welcomed the higher level of competition.

Where to begin...

It wasn't just small school amongst big schools in our District... The enrollment numbers were like 1800, 1750, 1640, 1790, 1250, and our 975. It wasn't just a couple of hosses, it was a stable full of them and then us. I am not trying to make excuses, but if enrollment doesn't matter lets do away with classifications altogether. LOL

As far as welcoming the higher level of competition, see our pre-district schedule. you have no argument about us not wanting to play a higher level of competition. It's just the fact that our district was full of monsters as far as enrollment and rosters and them having an unfair advantage against us based only on numbers. We always schedule the best talent, and the best talent wants to play us because they know we are competitive year in and year out. I mean how many 5A's would even scrimmage a 3A??? case closed.

Rocket
08-22-2008, 12:44 PM
I counted 34 helmets on both sidelines lastnight at the
Sweetwater/Vernon scrimmage. I didn't count the kids in
street clothes. The actual number is probably closer to 40
for both teams.

Sweetwater has 634 students.
Vernon has 603 students.
Brownwood has 900 students.:doh:

Brownwood's offseason program is tough and hard work. You have to pay a price starting from the 7th Grade. There is no flag football fridays and jacking around in junior high. It is strictly business and that goes all the way up to Varsity. Puds can't make it. This is why we have 900 kids and 40 on Varsity. You can argue and question it, but I know from firsthand experience what these kids have to do to be and stay a Lion. I guarantee one thing, no team outworks them during the offseason. None.

Sweetwater Red
08-22-2008, 12:45 PM
I mean how many 5A's would even scrimmage a 3A??? case closed.

Well, I'm sure all the crappy 5A teams would prefer to
scrimmage 3A schools.:thinking:

Rocket
08-22-2008, 12:49 PM
Well, I'm sure all the crappy 5A teams would prefer to
scrimmage 3A schools.:thinking:

I would put that crappy 5A playoff team up against your crappy 3A playoff team any day of the week. You like that?

:eek:

You're missing the point, as usual...

Sweetwater Red
08-22-2008, 12:59 PM
I would put that crappy 5A playoff team up against your crappy 3A playoff team any day of the week. You like that?

:eek:

You're missing the point, as usual...

Atleast both of them made the playoffs in their classification.:doh:

garciap77
08-22-2008, 12:59 PM
You need to remember something...Abiene Wylie got better last season and so did we... if we would have played Wylie in District...it might have been a Sweetwater situation.

http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gif

garciap77
08-22-2008, 01:07 PM
Brownwood's offseason program is tough and hard work. You have to pay a price starting from the 7th Grade. There is no flag football fridays and jacking around in junior high. It is strictly business and that goes all the way up to Varsity. Puds can't make it. This is why we have 900 kids and 40 on Varsity. You can argue and question it, but I know from firsthand experience what these kids have to do to be and stay a Lion. I guarantee one thing, no team outworks them during the offseason. None.

:blahblah: :blahblah:

Let's play ball!:D ;)

Everthing is going to be OK Rod! Brownwood is good!:D ;)

P.S. Stop :stirpot: with Celina!:D

Come clean now!

Daddy D 11
08-22-2008, 01:07 PM
I guarantee one thing, no team outworks them during the offseason. None.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Lion_Addict
08-22-2008, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: all you want. I concur. Would put Brownwood's offseason workout regimen up against anybody's. Entitled to that opinion right? ;)

Daddy D 11
08-22-2008, 01:47 PM
:rolleyes: all you want. I concur. Would put Brownwood's offseason workout regimen up against anybody's. Entitled to that opinion right? ;)

Didnt say you werent entitled:)

Its not like its producing "amazing" success right now though:thinking:

Lion_Addict
08-22-2008, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Didnt say you werent entitled:)

oops........misread, my bad. :crazy1:

Txbroadcaster
08-22-2008, 01:52 PM
I guarantee one thing, no team outworks them during the offseason. None.

I am sorry but when I see something like that I giggle

Do you think B-Wood out works LH, Celina, Gilmer, Cuero, Snyder, Swater, Wylie, Tatum, and in other classes Marshall, SLC, Plano, and on and on and on

My point is IMO the TOP teams all work their butts off at about the same level.

Chest thumping that your team out works another works when you play a team not at the top level,. but the teams at the top, who have been at the top for awhile all work their tails off the same

If you beat LH it will be because you out played them, not out worked them in off-season, and the same vice vera, they will beat you by out playing you that night, not out working you in the off season

Daddy D 11
08-22-2008, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

Do you think B-Wood out works LH, Celina, Gilmer, Cuero, Snyder, Swater, Wylie, Tatum, and in other classes Marshall, SLC, Plano, and on and on and on

Chest thumping that your team out works another works when you play a team not at the top level,. but the teams at the top, who have been at the top for awhile all work their tails off the same

If you beat LH it will be because you out played them, not out worked them in off-season, and the same vice vera, they will beat you by out playing you that night, not out working you in the off season

You said exactly what i was too shy to say :clap: I didnt want to offend....

wimbo_pro
08-22-2008, 02:13 PM
Ok...serious question....I am a little lost in all these Brownwood posts...

Are you saying Brownwood is going to be good this year??

Rocket
08-22-2008, 03:09 PM

I knew there would be somebody out there that would put words in my mouth...

I said nobody outworks Brownwood.... I DIDN'T say Brownwood outworks everybody. BIG difference... nice try though.

Games are won in the 4th Quarter when the conditioning, endurance and strength kick in...and yes, my friend, this is all accomplished during offseason.

Hear that players and coaches? Sit on your butts during offseason. Don't lift weights, don't work on your endurance, don't work on your conditioning. Just play good every Friday night and you win. IGNORANT. I bet LH sits around during offseason and so does Celina... right guys?

BwdLions
08-22-2008, 03:12 PM
Come on guys lighten up, it's Friday. :rolleyes:

Txbroadcaster
08-22-2008, 03:12 PM
I knew there would be somebody out there that would put words in my mouth...

I said nobody outworks Brownwood.... I DIDN'T say Brownwood outworks everybody. BIG difference... nice try though.

Games are won in the 4th Quarter when the conditioning, endurance and strength kick in...and yes, my friend, this is all accomplished during offseason.

Hear that players and coaches? Sit on your butts during offseason. Don't lift weights, don't work on your endurance, don't work on your conditioning. Just play good every Friday night and you win. IGNORANT.

Where did I put words in your mouth? I asked you a question did not say u said that

Rocket
08-22-2008, 03:16 PM
Where did I put words in your mouth? I asked you a question did not say u said that

I know ther are teams that work hard or as hard as Brownwood in the offseason. My point is that it will take alot for me to believe they work harder. And that led to my point about how hard it is for kids to pay that price once the season is over and throughout the year.

My point was not that Brownwood outworks everybody else. Then you called me a chest thumper about how Brownwood outowrks everybody. So yeah you did put words in my mouth.

Nice try, again...

Txbroadcaster
08-22-2008, 03:19 PM
I know ther are teams that work hard or as hard as Brownwood in the offseason. My point is that it will take alot for me to believe they work harder. And that led to my point about how hard it is for kids to pay that price once the season is over and throughout the year.

My point was not that Brownwood outworks everybody else. Then you called me a chest thumper about how Brownwood outowrks everybody. So yeah you did put words in my mouth.

Nice try, again...

If a fan goes to the no team outworks us cliche they are chest thumping..so again how did I put words into your mouth? You yourself said no team out works B-Wood, and I say that is chest thumping

Where did I say you said B-Wood outworks anyone? I ASKED you a question, did not say you said that, thne I gave my views on the no team outworks us

but hey nice try

Rocket
08-22-2008, 03:25 PM
If a fan goes to the no team outworks us cliche they are chest thumping..so again how did I put words into your mouth? You yourself said no team out works B-Wood, and I say that is chest thumping

Where did I say you said B-Wood outworks anyone? I ASKED you a question, did not say you said that, thne I gave my views on the no team outworks us

but hey nice try

OK, we can argue about this all day. I'll let it rest.

Back to you-
Offseason doesn't matter on Friday Night?

Answer that question.

Txbroadcaster
08-22-2008, 03:29 PM

Back to you-

Answer that question.

Does it matter in what respect?

When LH beat Celina two years ago it was not because of the offseason work being better in LH compared to Celina..both have players that commit buy 100% into the program and work their tail off..it was because on that night LH played better/ made less mistakes.

Now..When Celina beat Dallas Madison in the play-offs when alot of people thought Madison would challenge them I do think part of that was because of the off-season program, Celina has a top notch one, Madison cannot claim that because of so many factors

So..When two tradition rich programs meet I do not think the offseason programs matter, I think they negate each other

When a top team plays a good not great program, then yes it COULD be a factor

nobogey72
08-22-2008, 03:30 PM

Back to you-

Answer that question.

Rocket-- Do you think you are the only person that knows the value of offseason?:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

BwdLions
08-22-2008, 03:40 PM
I think Rocket is just proud of the off-season program the Lions have in place and he likes to boast about it since he's seen it first-hand. The past several years the Lions numbers have been down so there are several players that play on both sides of the ball. It obviously takes a great off-season conditioning program for players to do this. I'm sure there are a lot of teams that have two-way players (and I'm sure they also have good conditioning programs in place). ;)