PDA

View Full Version : Something is going on in Brownwood

orange machine
08-19-2008, 02:00 AM
I dont know whats going on they are not saying much on there web site, but its about there safety Kenny Vacaroo and it has something to do with him not playing in Brownwood. Could this be real or make believe?

BwdLion_80
08-19-2008, 05:01 AM
Unless something even more strange happens, it is very real and more than likely for the best!

BEAST
08-19-2008, 06:27 AM
Not going to get into a bunch of specifics but yes Kenny has moved across the river into Early. There are a lot of circumstances surrounding this decision. But as BwdLion 80 put it, perhaps this is for the best. I know that our players are upset but not worried at all.

BEAST

wildstangs
08-19-2008, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by BEAST
Not going to get into a bunch of specifics but yes Kenny has moved across the river into Early. There are a lot of circumstances surrounding this decision. But as BwdLion 80 put it, perhaps this is for the best. I know that our players are upset but not worried at all.

BEAST

WOW! Huge deal for Early as well as Wylie, Sweetwater, and Snyder.

Sweetwater Red
08-19-2008, 07:33 AM
Rocket's excuse #1 when Brownwood gets beat followed by
many more I'm sure.:thinking:

BILLYFRED0000
08-19-2008, 07:58 AM
I don't care what universe you are from,,, Thats gotta hurt...:confused:

LH Panther Mom
08-19-2008, 07:59 AM
Not going to get into a bunch of specifics but yes Kenny has moved across the river into Early. There are a lot of circumstances surrounding this decision.

BEAST
Best of luck to him. Sounds like the Longhorns (purple ones) got a good one!

BEAST
08-19-2008, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by wildstangs
WOW! Huge deal for Early as well as Wylie, Sweetwater, and Snyder.

Huge deal for Early yes, the rest of you no. Especially Sweetwater. We dont need a secondary to beat you.

BEAST`

BILLYFRED0000
08-19-2008, 08:34 AM
Huge deal for Early yes, the rest of you no. Especially Sweetwater. We dont need a secondary to beat you.

BEAST`

Been my experience that nothing replaces a good hard hitting safety that can run blitz and fill holes. On our D he is usually one of the best athletes on the d.

RedWhiteBlue
08-19-2008, 08:48 AM
Man, it is funny how word really travels fast in the 'football' world. We heard about this in Graham early yesterday. It just always amazes me how fast news travels.

Sweetwater Red
08-19-2008, 08:58 AM
Especially Sweetwater. We dont need a secondary to beat you.

BEAST`

I fail to see your logic.:confused:

You had a secondary two years ago when you got beat by
Sweetwater. You had a secondary when you were
losing 18 out of twenty four games to Sweetwater. Now you lose
one player and you're claiming you don't have a secondary and
don't need one to beat Sweetwater.:thinking:

Ranger Mom
08-19-2008, 09:26 AM
WOW!!:eek:

RedWhiteBlue
08-19-2008, 09:44 AM
Never mind that all we have heard (besides a great deal of nothing) from you Brownwood, ahem, people is "Vacarro this and Vacarro" that. Now it seems he was really no big deal after all and you guys will be just fine without him.:confused: :doh: :thinking:

Lion
08-19-2008, 09:45 AM
I am not sure how we will be without KV, but the team should be more together. If any of you were able to see some of the 7 on 7 this summer you will know what I am talking about. Kenny is a tremendous talent and I wish him and his family all the best.

Rocket
08-19-2008, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Rocket's excuse #1 when Brownwood gets beat followed by
many more I'm sure.:thinking:

LOL... this is way bigger than me and what I think. Yeah all my predictions and trash talking had KV as a factor, but I think we will be fine by District. We have plenty of great athletes and coaches that will make adjustments accordingly. In my experience, if you are a 1 Man Team, you will not win. Sooner or later it will catch up with you. Hard to replace? Sure. No player is unreplaceable and nothing is guaranteed, not even tomorrow. That said, Brownwood will still be a force to be reckoned with. You can count on that.

Rocket
08-19-2008, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue
Never mind that all we have heard (besides a great deal of nothing) from you Brownwood, ahem, people is "Vacarro this and Vacarro" that. Now it seems he was really no big deal after all and you guys will be just fine without him.:confused: :doh: :thinking:

Um please give me an accurate count on your statement about that is all we talked about. Yeah we said he was going to be hard for teams to stop, but if our attitude and optimism was based on one player, then.... LOL.

We will still handle Graham. LOL You can bank on that.

Don't be surprised if he comes back. It is hard to be a Brownwood Lion and then move somewhere else and play. Just not the same, especially in Early, when the crowd has like 500 people in it. LOL

Ranger Mom
08-19-2008, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Rocket
Um please give me an accurate count on your statement about that is all we talked about. Yeah we said he was going to be hard for teams to stop, but if our attitude and optimism was based on one player, then.... LOL.

We will still handle Graham. LOL You can bank on that.

Don't be surprised if he comes back. It is hard to be a Brownwood Lion and then move somewhere else and play. Just not the same, especially in Early, when the crowd has like 500 people in it. LOL

So players can just jump back and forth between teams at will???

Sweetwater Red
08-19-2008, 10:12 AM
if you are a 1 Man Team, you will not win.

True....just ask Snyder about that.:evillol:

LH Panther Mom
08-19-2008, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
So players can just jump back and forth between teams at will??? :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: Not that I'm aware.

Pick6
08-19-2008, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:thinking: :thinking: :thinking: Not that I'm aware.

I thought that if the district that he was leaving from would sign some type of paper to release the kid, that the kid could play. Am I mistaken about this?

LH Panther Mom
08-19-2008, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by Pick6
I thought that if the district that he was leaving from would sign some type of paper to release the kid, that the kid could play. Am I mistaken about this?
No, you're not mistaken. I think it's the "back & forth & back again (potentially)" that RM was talking about. Plus, there's a 15-day loss, I believe. :thinking:

espn1
08-19-2008, 10:27 AM
I'm glad he got there "Early"!

RedWhiteBlue
08-19-2008, 10:45 AM
LOL... this is way bigger than me and what I think. Yeah all my predictions and trash talking had KV as a factor, but I think we will be fine by District. We have plenty of great athletes and coaches that will make adjustments accordingly. In my experience, if you are a 1 Man Team, you will not win. Sooner or later it will catch up with you. Hard to replace? Sure. No player is unreplaceable and nothing is guaranteed, not even tomorrow. That said, Brownwood will still be a force to be reckoned with. You can count on that.
Your right Rocket there are way bigger things to talk about than you and what you think. And there are most definitely more things to talk about than the Brownwood program. Like how much rain we got this last weekend and man, did we need the rain!
And by the way as far as you 'handling' Graham? Just keep on making statements like that- we love it!!!:inlove:

Rocket
08-19-2008, 10:54 AM
Your right Rocket there are way bigger things to talk about than you and what you think. And there are most definitely more things to talk about than the Brownwood program. Like how much rain we got this last weekend and man, did we need the rain!
And by the way as far as you 'handling' Graham? Just keep on making statements like that- we love it!!!:inlove:

Thought it didn't matter what I thought? That is my opinion.

:D

RedWhiteBlue
08-19-2008, 11:04 AM
Okay, do we have another case of a teenager getting on his older siblings or father's computer and jacking around with it???:doh: Wasn't that a Snyder kid that tried to say that one time Ranger Mom??
Anyway..... also your Vacarro kid can keep jumping around, but I think he better not be doing it after school starts or that is when the problem starts if I remember the UIL rule correctly. I'm not real sure. Either way waivers also come in to play, too.

LHexPlayer
08-19-2008, 11:10 AM
:1popcorn: ha ha ha

BEAST
08-19-2008, 11:13 AM
Eveyone just needs to take a breath and chill. This was not his decision or the Brownwood coaches decision. I am not sure this soap opera is finished. But if it is, good luck to Kenny and the Lions will regroup and move on down the road. Our JV just beat Waco Midway 11tds to 0. There is plenty of talent at our disposal.

BEAST

Rocket
08-19-2008, 11:14 AM
Okay, do we have another case of a teenager getting on his older siblings or father's computer and jacking around with it???:doh: Wasn't that a Snyder kid that tried to say that one time Ranger Mom??

What on earth are you talking about?

BwdLions
08-19-2008, 11:18 AM
We should have known it wouldn't take long for some of the graham and s'water fans to run with this news. I guess this gives them a little hope. Let 'em talk.

RedWhiteBlue
08-19-2008, 11:24 AM
Eveyone just needs to take a breath and chill. This was not his decision or the Brownwood coaches decision. I am not sure this soap opera is finished. But if it is, good luck to Kenny and the Lions will regroup and move on down the road. Our JV just beat Waco Midway 11tds to 0. There is plenty of talent at our disposal.

First of all- I'm just messing with you guys. I don't care if the kid moves, stays or whatever. I just thought it was funny that he has been one of your 'major' topics of conversation and now that he has moved it is really 'no big deal'.:rolleyes:
You guys are hilarious.:rolleyes:

Sweetwater Red
08-19-2008, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by BwdLions
We should have known it wouldn't take long for some of the graham and s'water fans to run with this news. I guess this gives them a little hope. Let 'em talk.

Unwritten rule #1 of 3ADOWNLOW:

If you can't take it, don't dish it out.:thumbsup:

RedWhiteBlue
08-19-2008, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by BwdLions
Yep, us poor little folks with our tiny bit of hope is all we have to cling to. And all you guys have right now is your false sense of security and blown out of proportion egos.
I'll take where we are anyday of the week, darlin'.:D

LHexPlayer
08-19-2008, 11:29 AM

BEAST

Why then on brownwoodlions.com does Rocket say it was his choice to leave? Oh and don't bust us up with your JV talent.

garciap77
08-19-2008, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by orange machine
I dont know whats going on they are not saying much on there web site, but its about there safety Kenny Vacaroo and it has something to do with him not playing in Brownwood. Could this be real or make believe?

Did you hear it at the Wataburger!:D

Ranger Mom
08-19-2008, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by garciap77

:spitlol: :fnypost:

LHexPlayer
08-19-2008, 11:54 AM

Thanks I just spit my tea out. LOL

garciap77
08-19-2008, 11:56 AM
So players can just jump back and forth between teams at will???

True....just ask Snyder about that.:evillol:

LOL :D

RedWhiteBlue
08-19-2008, 12:01 PM
Sometimes, early in the mornings.... those old farts drinking coffee at Whataburger know more about what is going on in town than anyone else. They hear things.......

garciap77
08-19-2008, 12:03 PM
Sometimes, early in the mornings.... those old farts drinking coffee at Whataburger know more about what is going on in town than anyone else. They hear things.......

:eek: :eek: :eek:

solocam
08-19-2008, 12:30 PM
Nothing on orangeblood .com about it
Makes you wonder

BILLYFRED0000
08-19-2008, 12:41 PM

No the home depot.

Dogman_1969
08-19-2008, 12:51 PM

Who are you calling old???? We don't have a Whataburger but do our coffee drinking at McDonalds.......

I think that the UIL will allow him to return to Early if his primary residence was in the Early school district all along. If not and he is moving for athletic reasons then the Brownwood AD will have to sign a waver which very few will do.......

Is he participating in football for early?

Stay tuned.......

BwdLions
08-19-2008, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by solocam
Makes you wonder

So because you didn't see it reported on orangebloods, you doubt the validity of the story. Maybe we started this rumor about one of our better players leaving so could sneak up on some teams. Good grief, now I've heard it all.:doh:

BwdLions
08-19-2008, 12:55 PM
Yep, us poor little folks with our tiny bit of hope is all we have to cling to. And all you guys have right now is your false sense of security and blown out of proportion egos.
I'll take where we are anyday of the week, darlin'.:D

I'm sure you're content right where you are (sweetie). ;)

wimbo_pro
08-19-2008, 12:55 PM
We dont need a secondary to beat you

You might not need a secondary to beat LH...but you'll need someone to follow one of their running backs into the end zone from 40 yards out.

Ranger Mom
08-19-2008, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Dogman_1969
Who are you calling old???? We don't have a Whataburger but do our coffee drinking at McDonalds.......

I think that the UIL will allow him to return to Early if his primary residence was in the Early school district all along. If not and he is moving for athletic reasons then the Brownwood AD will have to sign a waver which very few will do.......

Is he participating in football for early?

Stay tuned.......

That wasn't what I was asking though. Rocket said don't be surprised if he comes back to Brownwood.....after he's left Brownwood and went to Early!!

That was what I was wondering about....can you transfer back and forth between schools that way??

Mustangpride09
08-19-2008, 01:41 PM
That wasn't what I was asking though. Rocket said don't be surprised if he comes back to Brownwood.....after he's left Brownwood and went to Early!!

That was what I was wondering about....can you transfer back and forth between schools that way??

You arent supposed to be, unless he lives in the brownwood district. Thats the only way he can come back. I have a friend that moved to San Angelo and went from Central to Lake View and couldnt play varsity sports because he lived in Central's district. But on another note, Brownwood now has zero returning starters on defense.

LHexPlayer
08-19-2008, 01:42 PM
[QUOTE]Good point... I have seen Vacarro LIGHT many a RB up...even a few QB's... ha ha But, he is just another D1 recruit..right? Not so fast... He will be Top 3 in the state at the end of the season. He is quick, fast, strong, and LOVES to hit HARD and his instincts are usually right on the money... so let those RB's break free... and get a mouthful of helmet.

I would think you would have to have a quick line with good technique for the pulls and quick developing run plays.

Brownwood will spread you out and make you pay on teh ground and in the air. You give Pachall 10 yards of running room and he'll turn it into 30 easy, possibly the house. Vacarro will be playing alot of RB as well... he he[QUOTE]

I guess this will not happen now.

Rocket
08-19-2008, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by LHexPlayer
[QUOTE]Good point... I have seen Vacarro LIGHT many a RB up...even a few QB's... ha ha But, he is just another D1 recruit..right? Not so fast... He will be Top 3 in the state at the end of the season. He is quick, fast, strong, and LOVES to hit HARD and his instincts are usually right on the money... so let those RB's break free... and get a mouthful of helmet.

I would think you would have to have a quick line with good technique for the pulls and quick developing run plays.

Brownwood will spread you out and make you pay on teh ground and in the air. You give Pachall 10 yards of running room and he'll turn it into 30 easy, possibly the house. Vacarro will be playing alot of RB as well... he he[QUOTE]

I guess this will not happen now.

It will.. :)

LHexPlayer
08-19-2008, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by solocam
Makes you wonder

It's on orangebloods now. They talked to his mom and said he will be enrolling in Early in the next 24 hrs.

LHexPlayer
08-19-2008, 02:32 PM
This is a huge blow to Brownwood. You can spin this anyway you want but this will be a huge blow to your team. I'm sure you guys will be fine without him in the long run.

Rocket
08-19-2008, 02:53 PM
No doubt. But like I said, we have to compensate and move on.

LHexPlayer
08-19-2008, 02:55 PM

Yep, your team has no choice.

and no Vaccaro....hahaha sorry had to do that

Sweetwater Red
08-19-2008, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by LHexPlayer
It's on orangebloods now. They talked to his mom and said he will be enrolling in Early in the next 24 hrs.

I didn't know what orangebloods was. I was wondering why it
would be on Celina's website. I just googled it and now I feel
like an idiot.:doh:

Ranger Mom
08-19-2008, 03:09 PM
I didn't know what orangebloods was. I was wondering why it
would be on Celina's website. I just googled it and now I feel
like an idiot.:doh:

LOL!!

I'm mad at you, BTW!!:mad:

Sweetwater Red
08-19-2008, 03:10 PM
LOL!!

I'm mad at you, BTW!!:mad:

Are you surfing other boards?:thinking: :D

Ranger Mom
08-19-2008, 03:11 PM
Are you surfing other boards?:thinking: :D

Yes! :tisk:

Sweetwater Red
08-19-2008, 03:24 PM
Yes! :tisk:

I was trying to discredit you. We just don't want everyone to
know some of us actually break bread with a few of those
Snyder vermen.:devil:

BobcatBenny
08-19-2008, 03:58 PM
Heard that Celina just picked up a new safety from Early! :clap:

ronwx5x
08-19-2008, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny

What did you have to give up in return, a crew van plus cash?

BobcatBenny
08-19-2008, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
I think he gets a full ride? :confused:

garciap77
08-19-2008, 04:20 PM

Where did you hear that?:D

BobcatBenny
08-19-2008, 04:42 PM
Where did you hear that?:D
Sometimes I hear voices ... and ... see dead people. :)

wimbo_pro
08-19-2008, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x

...and a player to be named later.

LHexPlayer
08-19-2008, 05:12 PM
Now I'm hearing the Vaccaro to Early might not be a done deal just yet.

garciap77
08-19-2008, 05:25 PM
Sometimes I hear voices ... and ... see dead people. :)
Do you hear another state title?:D

DaHop72
08-20-2008, 12:21 PM
I was trying to discredit you. We just don't want everyone to
know some of us actually break bread with a few of those
Snyder vermen.:devil: That and buy them a ticket to the game. :D :D

DaHop72
08-20-2008, 12:22 PM
True....just ask Snyder about that.:evillol: Hide a watch peekaboo, hide and watch. :devil: :devil:

Daddy D 11
08-20-2008, 05:04 PM

good post, short and to the point. i like...:clap:

oh, and LH rolls Brownwood now:D ;) :p