PDA

View Full Version : Who has the toughest schedule in 3A?

Random Joker
08-07-2002, 03:45 PM
Who has the toughest schedule in 3A? I know Alanta has a hell of a schedule up ahead. My town Carthage schedule is pretty tough, Henderson, Paris, Diboll, Libery-Eylau, Kilgore and district 16.

Chris Hart
08-07-2002, 04:14 PM
Burnet has Austin Reagan,Gatesville,Midland Christian,Killeen Shoemaker,Marlin and then District 25.Pretty Salty!

------------------
Big Green Dawg

Matthew328
08-07-2002, 08:38 PM
When I think of tough schedules 2 teams come to mind..Atlanta...how bout these 5...Paris, Texarkana Texas High, Mt Pleasant, Marshall and one other I think Hallsville..5 tough 4A schools there...and Marlin is the other...Waco University and Waco Midway 2 good 4A's...Burnet a potentially tough 3A, Mart who is their rival and a good 2A and to top it off Ennis..2 time defending 4A state champ...ouch

BellvilleDude
08-07-2002, 09:36 PM
Bellville does
Aug 17 Brenham(scrimage) ranked 6 in 4a

Aug 22 Giddings(scrimage)always a good team

Aug 30 Rockdale dont know much

Sept 6 Cameron Yoe Has been good past couple of seasons

Sept 13 St. Thomas 5A Tapp Finalist
Sept 20 Elgin One of Biggest 3A school supose to have good team

Sept 27 Rice if they are like they were last year real tough team

Oct 11 Columbus* has potiental

Oct 18 Navosta* drops down from 4A

Oct 25 Stafford * Again One of biggest schools in 3a

Nov 1 Hempstead* 9 starters back on each side

Nov 8 Sealy* Always a powerhouse and main rival

Jacket2000
08-08-2002, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by Matthew328:
When I think of tough schedules 2 teams come to mind..Atlanta...how bout these 5...Paris, Texarkana Texas High, Mt Pleasant, Marshall and one other I think Hallsville..5 tough 4A schools there...and Marlin is the other...Waco University and Waco Midway 2 good 4A's...Burnet a potentially tough 3A, Mart who is their rival and a good 2A and to top it off Ennis..2 time defending 4A state champ...ouch

Im with you, Matt. Marlin has by far the toughest schedule in the state.
J2K

Pudlugger
08-08-2002, 08:56 AM
I don't know if the La Grange schedule is tougher than Marlin or Belleville but they have to play Yoakum,Gonzales and Sealy first three games,plus an improved Hempstead and an up and coming Crystal City,then Giddings,Elgin, Manor and Hutto in District.

BellvilleDude
08-08-2002, 10:07 AM
believe or not hempstead has tough schuedle, they are playing

AUG 30 MONTGOMERY H 7:30
SEP 06 NEWTON A 7:30
SEP 13 EAST BERNARD H 7:30
SEP 20 BROOKSHIR ROYAL H 7:30
SEP 27 LA GRANGE H 7:30
OCT 11 *NAVASOTA A 7:30
OCT 18 *SEALY A 7:30
OCT 25 *COLUMBUS H 7:30
NOV 01 *BELLVILLE A 7:30
NOV 08 *STAFFORD H 7:30

bd62
08-08-2002, 10:18 PM
cuero plays sinton,rice,sealy, rockport, and edna. plenty salty schedule. yoakum has lagrange,edna, and giddings. thats a hand full. the other two not as tough(west oso and palacious).
gonzales has lagrange and elgin . not sure about who else.

oldbuff78
08-08-2002, 10:35 PM
Atlanta

SintonFan
08-08-2002, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by bd62:
cuero plays sinton,rice,sealy, [[[rockport]]], and edna. plenty salty schedule. yoakum has lagrange,edna, and giddings. thats a hand full. the other two not as tough(west oso and palacious).
gonzales has lagrange and elgin . not sure about who else.
I hope and pray yall demolish Rockport! I like the city, but those people are way too obnoxious!!! If I could be there, I'd be wearing gobbler green...

Old Green
08-09-2002, 05:25 AM
SintonFan, If you come look me up. I won,t be hard to find. I will be the big Deputy.
Have to teach you to yell "GO MEAN GREEN".

buffalo booster
08-12-2002, 08:13 PM
Giddings has one of the toughest 3A schedules in the State. Because of a scheduling quirk as a result in the change in districts, they have only 4 home games, and 6 away. In non-district games, they play at Cameron Yoe, at Columbus, and at Yoakum. In district, they also play three away games, including one at LaGrange. Elgin rounds out the season as the last game of the year. Five pretty tough opponents, with four of them on the road...

OrangeBlood
08-12-2002, 10:45 PM
Gonzales has a rough one...

Elgin
at LaGrange
Lockhart
Austin Travis
at Austin Johnston
at Yoakum
Hallettsville
at Luling
at Cuero
Goliad

bigcat8
08-14-2002, 08:40 AM
Elgin has a challenging non-district schedule:
Gonzales
Austin Travis
Rockdale
Bellville
Navasota

oldbuff78
08-14-2002, 10:08 AM
The way is looks Giddings is going to have a tough time keeping 11 men on the field.

dab
08-14-2002, 10:12 AM
Gatesville has a tough season ahead of them. They scrimmage Groesbeck and Marlin before opening the season with Class 4A Alvarado. They then play Burnet and Cameron before opening the always tough Dsitrict 17-AAA schedule.

Old Cardinal
08-14-2002, 02:12 PM
Bridge City has an easy schedule in preseason this year, as compared to last year. Little Cypress-Mauriceville is stated to field the best 4A that they have had in 5 years. Newton and Liberty or both playoff teams but they are not those big 4A with 400 to 800 more students. Example: BC loses to Vidor, last year, a huge 4A that had beat Nederland(4A) that went deep into the playoffs. Vidor wins by 24-21 in double overtime(we had missed an easy fieldgoal)! They drop 45 places in the polls the next week! I use to think it was better to play all the largest enrollment programs that would schedule you, but I believe it may be better to tone it down a bit and not take so many extra injuries just before District starts.

Old Green
08-14-2002, 03:35 PM
Marlin Indeed has a tough schedule. Just read in the Cuero record that Marlin is scrimmaging Cuero here at Cuero Thursday, August 29. It will be good to see what they have got.

SAsports.com
08-14-2002, 09:40 PM
I think anyone besides Jasper and Newton in 20-3A prolly has the toughest district in the state, simply because of who they have to play during district.

Burnet has a tough schedule as well, but someone already posted it earlier.. district 25-3A is gonna be tough this year.

tors2002
08-15-2002, 09:25 AM
Thank Matthew for making Lamesa your dark horse pick in 3-3A. They have alot of retirners but most of them are not in essential spot such as QB, WR, and RB. All the O-line and D-Line are back. We lost our linebackers who are playing in college.

I think with Snyder and Sweetwater moving into the District, I would have to put Lamesa and all of District 3-3A as having a very tough schedule.

I know Lamesa is playing Frenship,Littlefield, and Lubboc Cooper in the preseason. The district includes: Merkel, Denver City, Seminole, Sweetwater, and Snyder. ANy one of the teams could make the playoffs. Don't be surprised if the playoff teams for district have 3-2 records in district.

LEFootballsr03
08-18-2002, 08:18 PM
Texarkana Liberty-Eylau has a tough one this year. We start off with Warren Central (powerhouse Mississppi 5A), Texarkana-Arkansas High (Ark 5A), Carthage, Texarkana-Texas High (awesome 4A this year) and our district has Daingerfield, Atlanta, New Boston, Texarkana-Pleasent Grove, and Queen City.

bigbearfan
08-20-2002, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by LEFootballsr03:
Texarkana Liberty-Eylau has a tough one this year. We start off with Warren Central (powerhouse Mississppi 5A), Texarkana-Arkansas High (Ark 5A), Carthage, Texarkana-Texas High (awesome 4A this year) and our district has Daingerfield, Atlanta, New Boston, Texarkana-Pleasent Grove, and Queen City.

Too bad L-E lost its opening scrimmage to the Gladewater Bears by 3 touchdowns. Look for the bears to be tough this year!

HungryHornet
08-22-2002, 01:08 PM
Marlin, by far. Anytime a Class 3A INTENTIONALLY schedules a two-time defending 4A state champion like Ennis, you have to give them credit. They also play Burnet, Waco Midway and Waco University and Mart, a 2A powerhouse. The only weak team they play is Troy as Caldwell and Lorena are better than many expect and Cameron is always tough. Rockdale is improved.

eye of the tiger
09-03-2002, 02:29 PM
Just curious seawall, where did the students from Monterey Tech immigrate from?

SintonFan
09-03-2002, 02:29 PM
I smell something from the last post... it starts with an 'R', I think...

sniff... sniff...
it ends with a 'M', yep pretty sure on that one...
sniff... sniff...

Ohh, and it has an 'O' in the middle...
http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/biggrin.gif http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/biggrin.gif http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

SintonFan
09-03-2002, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by eye of the tiger:
Just curious seawall, where did the students from Monterey Tech immigrate from?
LOL...
http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/biggrin.gif http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/biggrin.gif http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

footballgal
09-03-2002, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Seawall D:
THE TEAM THAT HAS THE TOUGHEST SCHEDULE IS THE RIO HONDO BOBCATS, THEY PLAY LA VILLA AND THERE LIKE THE WORSE IN THEIR DISTRICT, THEY PLAY MEXICO MONTERREY TECH, MAN THAT TEAM IS FULL OF ******** THAT CANT EVEN PLAY FOOTBALL, RIO HONDO DOES TAT TO GET THEIR STATS UP AND THEY AINT GONNA DO **** LIKE THAT!

This post really wasn’t a necessary guys! I think we have already established that Rio Hondo plays a weak pre-district schedule, but you just took it over board. They;re still are a team to be reckoned with in our district, and did share the district crown with you, and so don't loose track of that ok?

footballgal
09-03-2002, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan:
I smell something from the last post... it starts with an 'R', I think...

sniff... sniff...
it ends with a 'M', yep pretty sure on that one...
sniff... sniff...

Ohh, and it has an 'O' in the middle...

I agree have to cut it before it get out of hand. Like I mentioned in previous post we have some of those FANATICS, and those same FANATICS have children!

fury900
09-04-2002, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by Random Joker:
Who has the toughest schedule in 3A? I know Alanta has a hell of a schedule up ahead. My town Carthage schedule is pretty tough, Henderson, Paris, Diboll, Libery-Eylau, Kilgore and district 16.

Vernon Lions has toughest schedule
Sweetwater
5A Altus OK #8 in Ap poll in OK
Wichita Falls Coyotes
Wichita Falls Hirschi
Burkburnett
Bowie
Breckenridge
Graham
Iowa Park
Childress

cflight
09-04-2002, 12:55 PM
Rice Has

EastBernard,Cuero, Sinton, Columbus,& Bellville. Thats pretty good nondistict schedule itself!

audasmom7
09-10-2002, 11:29 PM
I think Greenwoods schedule is really tough. If we make it through these next 3 games, I think we will be ok...

huthut
09-11-2002, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by audasmom7:
I think Greenwoods schedule is really tough. If we make it through these next 3 games, I think we will be ok...

i agree with you, you guys have the toughest in 3a west tx