View Full Version : 2008 FSN DQ Game of the Week Schedule

HEMOTOXIC
08-18-2008, 03:27 PM
Aug. 29 Lufkin at Tyler Lee
Sept. 5 Canadian at Abernathy
Sept. 12 Spring Westfield at Beaumont West Brook
Sept. 19 Bellville at Navasota
Sept. 26 Liberty Hill at Fredericksburg
Oct. 2 Stephenville at Mansfield Timberview (Thursday game)
Oct. 10 Southlake Carroll at Coppell
Oct. 17 Cisco at Clyde
Oct. 24 Winnsboro at Caddo Mills
Oct. 31 TBA
Nov. 7 TBA

Mustangpride09
08-18-2008, 03:29 PM
Oct. 24 Winnsboro at Caddo Mills over Sweetwater at Snyder? That blows.

sahen
08-18-2008, 03:32 PM
I am shocked the North Shore/Southlake Carroll game isnt one...or North Shore/Katy (though i think that is week 1 and i can see why Lufkin/Tyler Lee is there)....

buff4life
08-18-2008, 03:59 PM
there has got to be a better game the week LH kills Fred...

waterboy
08-18-2008, 04:13 PM
I don't know what their criteria is for GOTW material, but I see some better matchups elsewhere the week of most of those they have scheduled. It's good for those schools that don't normally get much attention, though.

HEMOTOXIC
08-18-2008, 05:34 PM
I'm not sure how they choose their games of the week, but I imagine that everyone thinks that their game or favorite team should be featured. I look at it as a way for both towns, the bands, drill teams, cheerleaders, mascots, etc to really get involved. A huge pep rally. Some schools and towns already experience that atmosphere every week without being named the game of the week....In Navasota, the pep rallies havent been big for a while now. Back in the day, we held our pep rallies in the center of town right in front of the post office where the entire street would be blocked off. Hopefully, something similar will take place this year. If not, we still look forward to September 19 and our first ever DQ Game of the Week.

Go Snakes!

LH Panther Mom
08-18-2008, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
there has got to be a better game the week LH kills Fred...
Maybe the week LH kills the Buffs? ;)

Eagle1
08-18-2008, 07:37 PM
Do you have to have a DQ in your town to qualify for this game?

LH Panther Mom
08-18-2008, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by Eagle1
Do you have to have a DQ in your town to qualify for this game?
I don't think so. It was here in 2004 vs Manor when they were # 1 and we don't have a DQ.

Pick6
08-18-2008, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I don't think so. It was here in 2004 vs Manor when they were # 1 and we don't have a DQ.

The time that I drove thru Liberty Hill I only saw one restaurant. The only thing on the menu was Lion Fries and Bobcat Fries. :thinking:

Txbroadcaster
08-18-2008, 08:26 PM

I would assume the home team of the game would have a DQ

LH Panther Mom
08-18-2008, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I would assume the home team of the game would have a DQ Well, maybe that's what FSN did too (assume), because we were home and we don't have a DQ. Maybe that's why they haven't been back. :D

Buckeye1980
08-18-2008, 09:33 PM
I believe November 7 matchup between Tatum and Gilmer would be good choice ,but I am prejiduced.....:cool:

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-18-2008, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
we look forward to September 19 and our first ever DQ Game of the Week.

Go Snakes!

This will be #3 for Bellville, maybe that will give the Brahmas the uperhand over the top rated Rattlers.:D

Bull's-eye
08-18-2008, 10:09 PM
I remember the Bellville/Marlin DQ game of the week. I drove the Red Mustache to the game and we stopped by the DQ before the game. We got to meet the crew from FSN and they were very impressed with Red's knowledge of high school football. They put him on TV and told us to they would film us anytime Bellville scored or had a big play. Bellville went out to a big halftime lead, but had to hold off Marlin for the win.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-18-2008, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
I remember the Bellville/Marlin DQ game of the week. I drove the Red Mustache to the game and we stopped by the DQ before the game. We got to meet the crew from FSN and they were very impressed with Red's knowledge of high school football. They put him on TV and told us to they would film us anytime Bellville scored or had a big play. Bellville went out to a big halftime lead, but had to hold off Marlin for the win.

Great game, maybe not as good as the 3OT game in Bryan, but I also went to the DQ in Marlin before the game a the lady that waited on us said Marlin would win big tonight, she said If Bellville wins I will give everyone in you group free Ice Cream, after the game we all had DQ Free Ice Cream.
Good game Bellville was a heavy underdog and pulled it out in Marlin. I miss the Marlin vs Bellville games.

Bull's-eye
08-18-2008, 10:25 PM
When Marlin was making their comeback and things were getting very tense for the Bellville fans, FSN filmed R.M. getting very excited and knocking his cap off his head. A lot of his friends got a good laugh seeing this.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-18-2008, 10:31 PM
When Marlin was making their comeback and things were getting very tense for the Bellville fans, FSN filmed R.M. getting very excited and knocking his cap off his head. A lot of his friends got a good laugh seeing this. :fnypost: :fnypost: :fnypost:

Chopblock
08-18-2008, 10:42 PM
I will be at the Canadian Abernathy game

Oh yea and if any one needs to know

Canadian 1A scrimmaged 3A Borger last week
Canadian scored 6 times on their ones, they scored once on our twos, Our tows scored 2 times on their twos( they had most of their ones in)
Canadian 8 Borger 1

Bull's-eye
08-18-2008, 10:45 PM
Things looking good for Canadian, what are they ranked in the pre-season polls?

necks
08-18-2008, 11:09 PM
Bulls-Eye:

RM is driving down for that Navasota-Bellville game. Maybe you can get him some more air time.. He cant wait to see the Pratt-Nunn matchup

navscanmaster
08-18-2008, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by necks
Bulls-Eye:

RM is driving down for that Navasota-Bellville game. Maybe you can get him some more air time.. He cant wait to see the Pratt-Nunn matchup

:devil: :devil: Put 'em both in at linebacker also. That way they REALLY can go head to head!:devil: :devil:

Stangs325
08-19-2008, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by Mustangpride09
Oct. 24 Winnsboro at Caddo Mills over Sweetwater at Snyder? That blows.

i agree

buff4life
08-19-2008, 01:03 AM
Maybe the week LH kills the Buffs? ;)

naw, yall will prolly beat us worse than Fred, if I wasn't so modest that might have angered me:D

scrub c
08-19-2008, 04:40 AM
I am looking froward to the Sept. 19 Bellville at Navasota DQBGOTW.
I might even go watch it live...

LH Panther Mom
08-19-2008, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by Pick6
The time that I drove thru Liberty Hill I only saw one restaurant. The only thing on the menu was Lion Fries and Bobcat Fries. :thinking:
:thinking: :thinking: They've added Bulldog Fries. ;)

LH Panther Mom
08-19-2008, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
This will be #3 for Bellville, maybe that will give the Brahmas the uperhand over the top rated Rattlers.:D
This might be a good week for the State-Bound shirt. :)

HEMOTOXIC
08-19-2008, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by scrub c
I am looking froward to the Sept. 19 Bellville at Navasota DQBGOTW.
I might even go watch it live...

It will be another exciting match up....

Rattlers by 2 touchdowns...

HEMOTOXIC
08-19-2008, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by necks
Bulls-Eye:

It will be good to see the RM. Im sure that he will stop by my parents house.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-19-2008, 10:09 AM

Maybe For the Rattlers.

LH Panther Mom
08-19-2008, 10:13 AM
Maybe For the Rattlers.
So there won't be any Bellville downlowers there? It was just a suggestion.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-19-2008, 10:21 AM

What does this have to do with DL posters being at the game?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-19-2008, 10:23 AM
So there won't be any Bellville downlowers there? It was just a suggestion.

You said shirt. what does that have to do with Bellville poster being at the Game?

Bull's-eye
08-19-2008, 10:43 AM
You said shirt. what does that have to do with Bellville poster being at the Game?

I think she was talking about the 3A Downlow shirt that they have everybody sign, you must be thinking about a state bound shirt made just for Bellville or Navasota. I'll agree that Navasota has the best shot at going that far.

Chopblock
08-19-2008, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Chopblock
I will be at the Canadian Abernathy game

Oh yea and if any one needs to know

Canadian 1A scrimmaged 3A Borger last week
Canadian scored 6 times on their ones, they scored once on our twos, Our tows scored 2 times on their twos( they had most of their ones in)
Canadian 8 Borger 1

#1 by The Rivals, #3 by the rest

navscanmaster
08-20-2008, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
It will be good to see the RM. Im sure that he will stop by my parents house.

Does he still cut hair?

Bull's-eye
08-20-2008, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Does he still cut hair?

No, he retired his clippers a few years ago. I was always afraid to get a hair cut from him, you may say the wrong thing about his team and end up getting scalped. :D

navscanmaster
08-20-2008, 12:05 PM
No, he retired his clippers a few years ago. I was always afraid to get a hair cut from him, you may say the wrong thing about his team and end up getting scalped. :D

I just always remember him best from working the office at Brookshire Brothers here in Navasota. He was probably the only guy I ever knew to change small bills into large bills:eek: :eek: :eek:

Plus, he was always trying to get me to get a haircut from him. I had a perfectly good barber already. Plus, haircuts and shoe shines are free at the prison where I work:D

Since this is now the sports forum, I guess I should ask:
I know it is not televised live, but what time do they usually show the highlights on FSN? Is it FSN Houston or FSN Southwest?

Bull's-eye
08-20-2008, 12:51 PM
Highlights are usually friday at midnight on FSN Southwest. They also have a saturday morning show. Living near Houston, we just have the one FSN, but I'm sure they show it on all their regional shows.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-20-2008, 01:27 PM
He gave good hair cuts, it was the cutting of my ear that was painfull.

Bull's-eye
08-20-2008, 02:14 PM
He gave good hair cuts, it was the cutting of my ear that was painfull.

He said you were too cheep and never came to him for a good haircut. He would like to make a prediction on the Bellville/Navasota game. "The game will start off tied and the team that scores the most points will win." :confused:

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-20-2008, 02:43 PM
I love the steak fingers @ DQ, with cream gravy.

LH Panther Mom
08-20-2008, 02:55 PM
:hijacktd: :hijacktd: Back on topic....

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-20-2008, 03:01 PM
Looking forward to the DQ game of the week, Ill be there at DQ before the game.

Bull's-eye
08-20-2008, 04:13 PM
Looking forward to the DQ game of the week, Ill be there at DQ before the game.

I'm confused, half of your post belongs in the non sports board. :confused: