PDA

View Full Version : Columbus report

deer spotter
08-18-2008, 08:44 AM
Did anybody see Columbus scrimmage Saturday? They have size and are very quick again this year. The defense is big and fast. The offense is explosive and has several good young backs. I do believe they are in a lot tougher district but Coach Macheck will have them more than ready!!!

Pudlugger
08-18-2008, 11:40 AM
Who did they scrimmage? Good to hear the Cards are looking strong again this season. District 25 will be very tough with so many talented teams. The possibility of upsets is great and the final standings may well involve tie breakers which everyone hates. I expect the stronger teams will try to run up the scores to gain an advantage in case of tie breakers. It might get ugly.:thinking:

Necks_Fan
08-18-2008, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by deer spotter
Did anybody see Columbus scrimmage Saturday? They have size and are very quick again this year. The defense is big and fast. The offense is explosive and has several good young backs. I do believe they are in a lot tougher district but Coach Macheck will have them more than ready!!! I like how some people milk up their team as if they are great and have no faults....

Atleast when some people talk about their team, they actually tell you honestly what the team is fielding...

I have a hard time believing that Columbus is quick, fast, strong, big, explosive, etc.

They have been through 1 scrimmage, let's be serious.....

duke55
08-19-2008, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
I like how some people milk up their team as if they are great and have no faults....

Atleast when some people talk about their team, they actually tell you honestly what the team is fielding...

I have a hard time believing that Columbus is quick, fast, strong, big, explosive, etc.

dont hate..... but i was there and they won 5 to 0 against schulenburg..defense looks strong and the O-line dominated so our RB's killed....

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-19-2008, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
I like how some people milk up their team as if they are great and have no faults....

Do you have anything to say about your team, or are you going to degrade other people when they have good things to say about their team? D 25 vs D26 only 11 weeks away.

fourbeee
08-19-2008, 10:16 AM
Hey, duke 55, since you saw the scrimmage and you thought the cards looked good, was it because the shorthorns are really bad or that columbus is really that good. I heard that
Shulenburg was really down this year. A friend of mine is a coach there. Looking at the scrimmage while taking in the consideration that they scrimmaged a 2A school which supposedly is not a very good team this year, what would be your report using that angle? I mean no disrespect, I just would like a realistic report. I know that Columbus is supposed to have a pretty good team, but there are a lot of pretty good teams in their district. Thanks

Bull's-eye
08-19-2008, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Do you have anything to say about your team, or are you going to degrade other people when they have good things to say about their team?

:ditto:

buff4life
08-19-2008, 11:46 AM
he has a point though, its as if everyone looks at their team through beer goggles and don't see the faults, if the teams were as good some of the people on here say we're not looking at state champions, we're looking at super bowl champions...

i went to the columbus caldwell playoff game last year, and while i did see the size he is talking about i definitely didn't see the quickness unless there was a deep reservoir on the jv sqad..

duke55
08-19-2008, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by four
Hey, duke 55, since you saw the scrimmage and you thought the cards looked good, was it because the shorthorns are really bad or that columbus is really that good. I heard that
Shulenburg was really down this year. A friend of mine is a coach there. Looking at the scrimmage while taking in the consideration that they scrimmaged a 2A school which supposedly is not a very good team this year, what would be your report using that angle? I mean no disrespect, I just would like a realistic report. I know that Columbus is supposed to have a pretty good team, but there are a lot of pretty good teams in their district. Thanks

Ya, Schulenburg wasnt as good as i expected. They are down... so to put my "report" short, we dominated them completely (every position), and we ran , passed all over them..so i dont really know how good we are yet until we play Rice thursday. I'll let you know.;)

fourbeee
08-19-2008, 01:04 PM
Rice is a good team from what I have heard and If Columbus dominates them like they did Schulenburg, then they are for real for sure. Look forward to your report. I have a lot kin in Columbus and my wife was born there.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-19-2008, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by four
Rice is a good team from what I have heard and If Columbus dominates them like they did Schulenburg, then they are for real for sure. Look forward to your report. I have a lot kin in Columbus and my wife was born there.

How good is Rice this year?

Antec
08-19-2008, 08:58 PM
Wharton scrimmages at Schulenburg Thursday

Yoakum put 5 TDs on Tigers last Saturday

duke55
08-19-2008, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Antec
Wharton scrimmages at Schulenburg Thursday

Yoakum put 5 TDs on Tigers last Saturday

hmmm well columbus has Yoakum 1st game of the season.... so cant wait!!

rhs78
08-19-2008, 09:20 PM
How good is Rice this year?
It's way to early to tell about the Raiders, lots of holes to plug, O-line is new, sophmore QB that will need to make better desicions. Two great receivers if QB can get them the ball, it will allow Foster to have another great year @ RB. Defense look better in Needville scrimmage. Tough preseason with Wharton,Sealy,Edna and Lexington. If the can get thru that schedule healthy they will be in the hunt for another playoff run. Lots of if's.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-20-2008, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by rhs78
It's way to early to tell about the Raiders, lots of holes to plug, O-line is new, sophmore QB that will need to make better desicions. Two great receivers if QB can get them the ball, it will allow Foster to have another great year @ RB. Defense look better in Needville scrimmage. Tough preseason with Wharton,Sealy,Edna and Lexington. If the can get thru that schedule healthy they will be in the hunt for another playoff run. Lots of if's.

Tough? Rice sould beat the 1st 3 on that list.

fireman1
08-20-2008, 10:10 PM
i talked to some guys from Rice after their Needville scrimmage and they said they think they will do good in the season but didnt like how they played against Needville they said neither the Bluejays or them scored so i took it as either both teams d's are good or o's arent so good.... some players just said it was alot of little things that happened while they were on the feild that stopped them from scoring but then again thats football and it happens but what football player will say their team isnt good or dont have a chance of making the playoffs

Necks_Fan
08-20-2008, 10:24 PM
Do you have anything to say about your team, or are you going to degrade other people when they have good things to say about their team? D 25 vs D26 only 11 weeks away. I'm pretty sure that I made an entire thread with complete, HONEST thoughts about WC.......

Maybe you didn't see it...

Go search, it's titled "My thoughts on WC and Angleton...."

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: