PDA

View Full Version : To all the married men....

Necks_Fan
08-17-2008, 09:43 PM
I notice quite a few "Well, the wife let me......" comments....

Please tell me that some of you do what you want without asking permission first....

Or is that just how marriage is.....?

It turns from "Well, I'm going to go do this" to "Can I go do this" huh?

Has to suck, I'll be there one day.... Look at what I have to look forward to.

LHexPlayer
08-17-2008, 09:46 PM
I asked my wife if I could give you an answer and she said NO!!
Sorry I wanted to help. Gotta go

Necks_Fan
08-17-2008, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by LHexPlayer
Sorry I wanted to help. Gotta go Lol.

44INAROW
08-17-2008, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by LHexPlayer
Sorry I wanted to help. Gotta go

Classic answer LHexplayer :clap: :clap:

IHStangFan
08-17-2008, 09:51 PM
I can't speak for all men...but in MY marriage, I may make that comment, but it's more from a standpoint of we're a team, we both make decisions based on the other's input. So when my wife "lets me" do something, it's usually. "I wanna go do this, did you have any plans, do we need to get anything done, do we have the extra money avail" kinda thing, then from there she'll tell me "Nah, you're good, go ahead". When you're married and start a family you have alot less time to yourself, thats just part of the territory that goes w/ being married, also money always plays a large part in things you can do.

Trashman
08-17-2008, 09:53 PM
Marriage is give and take. You keep on giving and she will keep on taking!:D

Sweetie if you reading this? I was just joking; Okay?..............Sweetie???

:D

Necks_Fan
08-17-2008, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
I can't speak for all men...but in MY marriage, I may make that comment, but it's more from a standpoint of we're a team, we both make decisions based on the other's input. So when my wife "lets me" do something, it's usually. "I wanna go do this, did you have any plans, do we need to get anything done, do we have the extra money avail" kinda thing, then from there she'll tell me "Nah, you're good, go ahead". When you're married and start a family you have alot less time to yourself, thats just part of the territory that goes w/ being married, also money always plays a large part in things you can do. Yea, well my parents trust me, so I do anything when I want to...

I just tell them where I'm going, and what time I'll be back. I have my cell if they need me.... so yea.

And as far as the GF goes..... I just tell her where I'm going, don't ask for permission to much of anything. Most of the time she with me though.

michaelp23
08-17-2008, 10:05 PM
My wife LETS me do all kinds of things.

The dishes, the laundry, mow the yard, change my son's dirty diapers, pay the bills, take out the trash, get HER car's oil changed (and washed, armor all the dash)........

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Necks_Fan
08-17-2008, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by michaelp23
My wife LETS me do all kinds of things.

The dishes, the laundry, mow the yard, change my son's dirty diapers, pay the bills, take out the trash, get HER car's oil changed (and washed, armor all the dash)........

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Oh the joy of marriage.

JR2004
08-17-2008, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
Yea, well my parents trust me, so I do anything when I want to...

This will change down the road once a ring is on your finger and it's not your parents you have to answer to. Don't get in a rush to get married. All of my friends that have gotten married and have kids had their priorities change big time. It's not a bad thing, but it was a giant change for them and how they lived their lives. I think I'll be the last of my friends from high school to get married and I'm glad I've waited this long.

My own parents went through the same thing. Before my brother and I were born they said they went out a lot. Afterwards they went out once, maybe twice a year because of money and also because they just didn't have any free time anymore.

Diocletian
08-17-2008, 10:41 PM
When a guy says.."Let me see if the wife will let me do it..."

He really means.."Let me see if she will complain 2 years about me doing it.."

I've been married for 7 years and have found many ways to manipulate my wife, but she does the same thing just as good to me..

Ranger Mom
08-17-2008, 11:01 PM
I guess I must of married a different breed of guy....he doesn't want to go anywhere unless I go with him.

I go to football games all over the state, heck..sometimes across state lines without him...and he doesn't care if I go, he just wouldn't do it himself!!

He says it's no fun unless I am there!!:D

Ranger Mom
08-17-2008, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Basically, he's just given up.
By the way, Im gonna C&P your sig, print it out, and put it in my classroom.

Are you talking to me???

Maybe he has given up.....I think I overwhelm him at times....you think he would WANT to get away from me...hahaha!!!

Phil C
08-18-2008, 08:21 AM
I'm the boss of my house. I am not a tyrant though. I let my wife make the little decisions such as what house to buy, what car to buy or what furniture to get - just the little things that I don't have time to mess with with my high intellectual mind.

LH Panther Mom
08-18-2008, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Maybe he has given up.....I think I overwhelm him at times....you think he would WANT to get away from me...hahaha!!!
It's your cool friends he wants to be around. ;)

CenTexSports
08-18-2008, 09:12 AM
I run my house the same way I run my plant: a benevolent dictatorship!

pancho villa
08-18-2008, 10:01 AM
Do you know what you tell Ms. Villa when she has a black eye?

Nothing she has already been told twice!

jason
08-18-2008, 10:01 AM
my household is run by a 10 month old puppy named dave.....

pathetic, huh.....

Necks_Fan
08-18-2008, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Diocletian
When a guy says.."Let me see if the wife will let me do it..."

He really means.."Let me see if she will complain 2 years about me doing it.."

Yea, I get an earful from my mom about my step dad.

He didn't do this, or why won't he do this?

Where is he?

Why does he have to act like that?

I told her she is just hormonal because my step dad provides and does handy man work and basically anything she wants and she never fails to stop complaining. She is just overly sensitive. He cracks jokes and she cant take them....

She gets annoying really quick..... same with my aunt and uncle.

Anyway, I get tired of hearing all this.... Some guys are becoming whipped, now I'm not saying that it's not good to talk about things and be on the same page about things like what IHStangFan does with his wife..... that works...

But sometimes, i see guys that just want to go fishing, or to a football game and the wife bitches him out.... Theres no way I could live with somebody complaining in my ear about every little thing.

BILLYFRED0000
08-18-2008, 11:14 AM
In all seriousness, if you married the right one you want to do things with her. That is why you ask. I always like spending time with my wife and look forward to coming home from work everyday to see her.

ronwx5x
08-18-2008, 11:22 AM

Where is he?

I told her she is just hormonal because my step dad provides and does handy man work and basically anything she wants and she never fails to stop complaining. She is just overly sensitive. He cracks jokes and she cant take them....

Anyway, I get tired of hearing all this.... Some guys are becoming whipped, now I'm not saying that it's not good to talk about things and be on the same page about things like what IHStangFan does with his wife..... that works...

But sometimes, i see guys that just want to go fishing, or to a football game and the wife bitches him out.... Theres no way I could live with somebody complaining in my ear about every little thing.

You are very well positioned in not being married at this point in your maturity. Time will mellow you.

Txbroadcaster
08-18-2008, 11:26 AM
I guess I am a lucky guy..I want to spend time with my wife..would rather watch the football game with her than go to a bar with friends, or have them over to watch the game

I never have understood the marriages where it seem like both want to spend as much time away from each other as possible, just makes no sense to me

IHStangFan
08-18-2008, 11:26 AM

Where is he?

But sometimes, i see guys that just want to go fishing, or to a football game and the wife bitches him out.... Theres no way I could live with somebody complaining in my ear about every little thing. this is where I'll tell you that "true love" and all of that fairytale crap about "the perfect woman" and happily ever after crap doesn't exist. The key to it all is finding one that you can PUT UP WITH and that can PUT UP WITH YOU for the rest of your lives. Having things in common and having common goals is a big key in making this all work. There will be rough patches in EVERY relationship. Being able to work through those times is what a successful relationship is all about. TEAM WORK BABY! GO TEAM CLANTON!!

Phil C
08-18-2008, 11:44 AM
"And they all lived happily ever after."

IHStangFan
08-18-2008, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
"And they all lived happily ever after." Phil, hows that senility treating you? That bad huh? :D :p

garciap77
08-18-2008, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
You are very well positioned in not being married at this point in your maturity. Time will mellow you.

:iagree:

Mellow = Wimp! :D ;)

pirate4state
08-18-2008, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I never have understood the marriages where it seem like both want to spend as much time away from each other as possible, just makes no sense to me And I think married people that can't seem to be separated are weird. :p :D

Or that have to be in the same room with their spouse, but then don't contribute anything to the conversation. Just sit there with a dumb look or pissed cause no one is paying attention to them.

Weird!

Txbroadcaster
08-18-2008, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
And I think married people that can't seem to be separated are weird. :p :D

Or that have to be in the same room with their spouse, but then don't contribute anything to the conversation. Just sit there with a dumb look or pissed cause no one is paying attention to them.

Weird!

I totally agree with that as well, not saying you have to be joined at the hip, but it seems some basically spend their time together but cannot wait to be away from them

pirate4state
08-18-2008, 01:57 PM
I totally agree with that as well, not saying you have to be joined at the hip, but it seems some basically spend their time together but cannot wait to be away from them Those married folks are doomed! The ones I have known that were like that are now divorced! :eek:

At least you let Crystal hang out with us outside for awhile before you came out there and told us to be quiet! :D

Ranger Mom
08-18-2008, 02:05 PM
Those married folks are doomed! The ones I have known that were like that are now divorced! :eek:

At least you let Crystal hang out with us outside for awhile before you came out there and told us to be quiet! :D

He "let" her hang out with y'all?!?!?!?:eek: :eek:

pirate4state
08-18-2008, 02:08 PM
He "let" her hang out with y'all?!?!?!?:eek: :eek: HAHAHA

Yep, he said "yall go ahead" we went outside to smoke! :D

Txbroadcaster
08-18-2008, 02:09 PM
Those married folks are doomed! The ones I have known that were like that are now divorced! :eek:

LOL yall could have stayed out there all night for all I cared, it was just when the noise was getting to the point it sounded like a football game at 3AM I had to get out there..at least I sw the now infamous Grant tackle LOL

pirate4state
08-18-2008, 02:13 PM
LOL yall could have stayed out there all night for all I cared, it was just when the noise was getting to the point it sounded like a football game at 3AM I had to get out there..at least I sw the now infamous Grant tackle LOL Have you noticed the more you drink the louder you get? HAHA. I'm cracking up over here at the Grant tackle! Poor Crystal!

Txbroadcaster
08-18-2008, 02:15 PM
Have you noticed the more you drink the louder you get? HAHA. I'm cracking up over here at the Grant tackle! Poor Crystal!

Especially u and her...sound like two crows trying to out cackle each other :D

CenTexSports
08-18-2008, 02:26 PM
I read an article that said that couples that fight stay together longer than couples that don't fight (argue loudly).

If this is correct, I will be married to my wife for eighty years. It is 30 this year.

pirate4state
08-18-2008, 02:30 PM
Especially u and her...sound like two crows trying to out cackle each other :D :tongue: :tongue: No we don't!

Txbroadcaster
08-18-2008, 02:30 PM
:tongue: :tongue: No we don't!

I am sorry all I read is CACKLE CACKLE CACKLE :D

pirate4state
08-18-2008, 02:33 PM
I am sorry all I read is CACKLE CACKLE CACKLE :D HAHA :mad: :D

nobogey72
08-18-2008, 03:20 PM
Here are my thoughts.........

Whether you have to ask permission or not, the most important thing is trust. When trust is gone from a relationship....... it takes all the fun out of lying to them:D :D

cameron91
08-18-2008, 03:37 PM
last week when my wife check the history on the computer and saw 3adownlow.she called my supevisor and told her I needed to come home ASAP. when I got here my stuff was already packed.after explaing to her this is a football website she finally calm down.:

AP Panther Fan
08-18-2008, 04:12 PM

I never have understood the marriages where it seem like both want to spend as much time away from each other as possible, just makes no sense to me

Really? It makes perfect sense to me.

I love having the house to myself and look forward to his hunting, fishing and golf outings. I think I enjoy them more than he does.:D

Ranger Mom
08-18-2008, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan

I love having the house to myself and look forward to his hunting, fishing and golf outings. I think I enjoy them more than he does.:D

Makes perfect sense to me also! My husband is in line for a promotion, which means he may have to stay out on a well for a week or so at times.

He asked if I had a problem with that....my response, "HECK NO!!!"

I can't even remember the last time I was in my house and there wasn't either my husband or one of my kids there!!!

Pick6
08-18-2008, 04:28 PM

You just posted the difference in newly weds and couples that have alot of years together. They both love each other tremendously , but the couple that has been married for along time also loves some time alone.

Txbroadcaster
08-18-2008, 04:31 PM

no I dont mean occasional things like that..I mean the couples who basically ALWAYS are ready to be apart, complain about their spouse( not in the joking way), argue 24/7....Yet stay together

crzyjournalist03
08-18-2008, 04:33 PM
no I dont mean occasional things like that..I mean the couples who basically ALWAYS are ready to be apart, complain about their spouse( not in the joking way), argue 24/7....Yet stay together

Because at the end of the day, it's better to be with someone that you don't really like than to feel alone...at least that's how the vast majority of people feel.

Ranger Mom
08-18-2008, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
You just posted the difference in newly weds and couples that have alot of years together. They both love each other tremendously , but the couple that has been married for along time also loves some time alone.

I admit to being thrilled when my hubby falls asleep in his recliner in the living room....I LOVE having the bed all to myself.....with 2 dogs and a cat!!!

Txbroadcaster
08-18-2008, 04:39 PM
again IMO a difference in wanting alone time and not wanting to be around someone because you cant stand them

nobogey72
08-18-2008, 04:45 PM
I admit to being thrilled when my hubby falls asleep in his recliner in the living room....I LOVE having the bed all to myself.....with 2 dogs and a cat!!!

Me too. When my ol' lady falls asleep in the recliner, I'm happy because that increases my chances of "getting lucky".:thinking:

AP Panther Fan
08-18-2008, 04:46 PM
lol....I'm still thinking about this one.

RM, I know what you mean. There really isn't much alone time when you have kids and your kids have friends.

Pick6
08-18-2008, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
Me too. When my ol' lady falls asleep in the recliner, I'm happy because that increases my chances of "getting lucky".:thinking:

That's dang funny right there :clap:

Ranger Mom
08-18-2008, 04:49 PM
lol....I'm still thinking about this one.

RM, I know what you mean. There really isn't much alone time when you have kids and your kids have friends.

Or in my case...your kids have kids!!:doh:

waterboy
08-18-2008, 05:02 PM
Some advice from an old and married man:

1. Let the lady feel like she's in control...........because, quite frankly, she is.

2. Never argue with her too long...........because you'll never win the argument. You'll figure out after awhile how long is too long, trust me on this. Make the point, then BACK OFF! Getting in the last word is not that important, believe me!

3. Let her in on the decision-making. You have to make her feel like her input is important, even if you do something different. Never make a unilateral decision to do anything important, though, especially when it comes to money!

4. Trust her. If you can't trust her, you didn't need her in the first place.

5. Make her trust you. Don't lie to her. If she ever catches you in a lie, your butt is in hot dodo!

6. Listen, observe, and learn! Listen to her even when you don't feel like listening because women love to talk! It's their way of relieving pent up frustrations. Observe what she's doing while she's talking, especially is she is upset! If you can learn when she's upset without acting dumb and arguing with her, you're on the right track! Learn what makes her tick........what upsets her, what she likes to do and not do, etc.

7. Always set the record straight BEFORE getting married about what is important to you AND to her in keeping y'all happy. Knowing what's expected going into a marriage is always a good thing.:D

8. NEVER, EVER, go to bed mad at each other! I know you've heard this before and seems like a cliche' but it works. Work out any problems before you ever go to bed.

9. Last, but not least, SHE IS THE BOSS, even though you do basically what you want............with her permission, of course!:doh: :D

Chief Woodman
08-18-2008, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by waterboy

8. NEVER, EVER, go to bed mad at each other! I know you've heard this before and seems like a cliche' but it works. Work out any problems before you ever go to bed.

How about go to bed mad and then make each other happy??:D :devil: :inlove:

Chief Woodman
08-18-2008, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Chief Woodman

P. S.- I pick a fight almost every night right before bedtime.;)

bullfrog_alumni_02
08-18-2008, 06:05 PM
all these are reasons why im comfortable enough now to announce that im getting divorced. it could also be fro the percocets im taking for the pinched nerve in my back....

sinton66
08-18-2008, 06:18 PM
7. Always set the record straight BEFORE getting married about what is important to you AND to her in keeping y'all happy. Knowing what's expected going into a marriage is always a good thing.

That's a laugh! As soon as the preacher says "I now pronounce you man and wife" she turns around and says "Some things got to CHANGE around here!".:D

Ranger Mom
08-18-2008, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by bullfrog_alumni_02
all these are reasons why im comfortable enough now to announce that im getting divorced. it could also be fro the percocets im taking for the pinched nerve in my back....

I'm sorry to hear that! Both the divorce AND the pinched nerve.

I had a pinched nerve in my neck, I wish they would have given me meds to take.....but I recovered without them, so I guess that's good!!

Buckeye1980
08-18-2008, 09:36 PM
My wife has no problem letting me do anything as long as my girlfriend is not involved

pirate4state
08-18-2008, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Buckeye1980
My wife has no problem letting me do anything as long as my girlfriend is not involved :spitlol: :spitlol:

pancho villa
08-18-2008, 09:57 PM
As long as Ms. Villa cooks, cleans and, washes the clothes it is all good at my house.

waterboy
08-19-2008, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Chief Woodman
Who said you had to make up in bed?:D :inlove: Ever tried the couch, the kitchen table, the shower, etc.?:inlove: :D

waterboy
08-19-2008, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
That's a laugh! As soon as the preacher says "I now pronounce you man and wife" she turns around and says "Some things got to CHANGE around here!".:D
:eek: Uh, oh! You married one of those with the "Jekyll and Hyde" syndrome! That's common, but I got very lucky. We both agreed who was gonna wear the pants in our house..............HER!:inlove: :D

nobogey72
08-19-2008, 11:09 AM
My idea of a perfect situation:

Find one who:

1) loves sports
2) loves sex
3) great cook and housekeeper
4) has a lot of old family money

**** And, most importantly----- Don't let any of these 4 women find out about each other.:D

Lion_Addict
08-19-2008, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by nobogey72
My idea of a perfect situation:

Find one who:

1) loves sports
2) loves sex
3) great cook and housekeeper
4) has a lot of old family money

**** And, most importantly----- Don't let any of these 4 women find out about each other.:D

:clap: :fnypost: :clap: