PDA

View Full Version : Bellville Brahmas vs Needville Bluejays.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-17-2008, 09:07 PM
With the 1st scrimmage out of the way, how will this one shape up. Needville will travel to Bellville for a scrimmage with the Brahmas @ The Pasture of Pain, on Thursday night.

Necks_Fan
08-17-2008, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
With the 1st scrimmage out of the way, how will this one shape up. Needville will travel to Bellville for a scrimmage with the Brahmas @ The Pasture of Pain, on Thursday night. Needville's inexperience will show. The Brahmas will dominate more so than at Brenham.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-17-2008, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
Needville's inexperience will show. The Brahmas will dominate more so than at Brenham.

How many starters return for Needville?

Bull's-eye
08-18-2008, 04:48 PM
To combat Bellville's new defense, their opponent will need an experienced offensive line and have backs able to pick up the various rushing linebackers. Brenham's line looked inexperienced and had lots of trouble knowing which player to block. This should give Bellville the early advantage on teams not familiar with this type of defense. I do worry that an experienced offensive unit could burn us with big plays, assuming they can pick up the blitzes and hit the hot receiver. Still curious how Bellville will play the teams running the spread offense.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-18-2008, 10:10 PM
It will be good to see a longtime Bellville coach who moved home to Needville last season. How is Jamie V. doing in Needville?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-19-2008, 10:16 AM
With all the rain forcasted in this area it might be to wet on thursday?

Bull's-eye
08-19-2008, 11:00 AM
Another reason the Pasture of Pain needs turf, but who ever heard of a pasture having artificial grass. :D

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-20-2008, 09:52 AM

The Pasture might be to wet to play on it, and more rain is in the forecast.

Bull's-eye
08-20-2008, 09:53 AM

Scrimmage will probably have to be on the practice field, unless we see some sunshine.

IHStangFan
08-20-2008, 12:09 PM
Needville's OL will be tested. They are a new unit and for the most part all first year starters if I'm not mistaken. Their RB's showed a few good things, but it appeared they had to make their own holes. The QB is tall, w/ a big arm, but has absolutely no time. Their D did look pretty decent though, especially against the run.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-20-2008, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Scrimmage will probably have to be on the practice field, unless we see some sunshine.

No more rain since this morning, sunshine would help.

zebrablue2
08-20-2008, 02:05 PM
start time moved to 4pm on practice fields according to a zebra I spoke with this morning.. fr.-jv- then var...

Brahma84
08-20-2008, 05:47 PM
I think that both the JV and FR start @4:00 and Varsity @5:00.

zebrablue2
08-20-2008, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Brahma84
I think that both the JV and FR start @4:00 and Varsity @5:00.

you are correct.

Bull's-eye
08-21-2008, 01:39 PM
Will they do like last week, with the 15 plays sets and the 1 live 20 minute game?

scrub c
08-21-2008, 09:08 PM
Well anybody have anything to say?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-21-2008, 09:09 PM
Needville's inexperience will show. The Brahmas will dominate more so than at Brenham.

Needville inexperience acually looked pretty good, Bellville 1st teamers vs Needvilles 1st teams, Bellville 4- 1. Needville has a good looking group of kids to work with. I would say by district Needville will be the #1 team in their district. Bellville looked good but not as good as they played vs Brenham. Needville only 1st team score came when Bellville lost the ball on the 10, and Needville had a pass into the endzone for their only 1st string score.
At times Coach Jamie V,s (X Bellville Coach) Bluejay defense knew exactly how to Defend Bellville Offense. Good luck to Needville the rest of the way.

scrub c
08-21-2008, 09:11 PM
Better watch out for Royal and Sweeny.

Verdict is still out on us...

Necks_Fan
08-21-2008, 09:22 PM
I would say by district Needville will be the #1 team in their district. Lol. You watched one team in our district scrimmage 1 time and they are the team to beat now huh?

NICE. That only reinforces my thinking earlier, not that you care what I think.

zebrablue2
08-21-2008, 09:27 PM
needville looked darn good. they will be playoff bound in 2008. good bunch of kids. very good attitudes, and well coached.. they hit nunn too many times in the backfield. bulls o-line needs to get their blocking down. good luck to the bulls and jays this season..

rancher
08-21-2008, 09:30 PM
Did not watch the entire scrimmage, but in what I saw, the needville QB, looked good, great arm, runs well and looked polished on some plays. I was disappointed in the big back as he was slow, but ran hard. Like the play of Bellville's QB, he is not afraid to run the ball or take a lick. In the first series, Nunn looked like he could not get started as the line appeared to be breaking down. Saw one receiver, look up at a easy touch down and not make any effort for it. QB also looked unsure on some passes. Very disappointed in the backs other than Nunn, they did not seem to run with the quickness to bounce it to the outside for a big gain. Defense in the first series gave Needville major gains on passes, then for some reason, Needville went away from what they were moving the ball with. Missed the control portion, somebody fill me in.

IHStangFan
08-21-2008, 09:38 PM
:clap: sounds like we have made some progress since last week. As I suspected it sounds like our OL showed their inexperience at times? Glad to hear the QB is looking strong and actually had some time. Hearing Hadjik is "slow" makes me wonder if he is feeling under the weather or something. He's not a speed burner, but he's not slow that I've seen. I'd guess him at a 4.6 or so just by watching him.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-21-2008, 10:17 PM
Lol. You watched one team in our district scrimmage 1 time and they are the team to beat now huh?

NICE. That only reinforces my thinking earlier,

My thinking is you know everything better than anyone else on this board, and people that have accually seen these teams play know nothing.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-21-2008, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
needville looked darn good. they will be playoff bound in 2008. good bunch of kids.

Watch what you say Zeb2, you might have not been close enough to the field of play for nek-fan to say that.

Bull's-eye
08-21-2008, 10:34 PM
Needville's QB was outstanding throwing the ball, but I didn't see much of a running game. They lack speed at running back and will need to improve their running game. They did have a 2nd string back that broke a long run and he could possibly give them that break away back. Their line play was very good and their defense was hitting very hard. Good solid team that should get better and be very tough in the playoffs.

Bellville's #1 defense looked very good, forcing Needville to punt 3 times in the live 15 minutes of play. Needville's #1 offense only scored once and that was set up by a Bellville fumble at their own 10 yard line. Needville connected on a 10 yard pass, that was tipped by a Bellville defender. Bellville scored on a 40+ pass play and then scored again on a short run that was set up by another long pass play. Bellville will need to improve their blocking and work on their passing game, even though they completed some long plays, the throws weren't that good. Running back Nunn will be a force and the defense could bring some pain back to the pasture. Improvement in the O-line and the passing game and this will be a dangerous team come playoff time.

zebrablue2
08-21-2008, 11:01 PM
Needville's QB was outstanding throwing the ball, but I didn't see much of a running game. They lack speed at running back and will need to improve their running game. They did have a 2nd string back that broke a long run and he could possibly give them that break away back. Their line play was very good and their defense was hitting very hard. Good solid team that should get better and be very tough in the playoffs.

Bellville's #1 defense looked very good, forcing Needville to punt 3 times in the live 15 minutes of play. Needville's #1 offense only scored once and that was set up by a Bellville fumble at their own 10 yard line. Needville connected on a 10 yard pass, that was tipped by a Bellville defender. Bellville scored on a 40+ pass play and then scored again on a short run that was set up by another long pass play. Bellville will need to improve their blocking and work on their passing game, even though they completed some long plays, the throws weren't that good. Running back Nunn will be a force and the defense could bring some pain back to the pasture. Improvement in the O-line and the passing game and this will be a dangerous team come playoff time.

well said BE..

Bull's-eye
08-21-2008, 11:09 PM
Nice meeting you Zebrablue2, Tim spoke very high of you and I can see why.

zebrablue2
08-21-2008, 11:41 PM
Nice meeting you Zebrablue2, Tim spoke very high of you and I can see why.

same here. pull the bulls through this year, for you know I will not see a game. will be on the road. will see there jr. high and sub-var. on thursday nights only. I believe the brahmas will do well this season. Muller looks really good at QB, and he will only get better.. I used to think he would be a pitcher, but now looks like he could be a d-1 prospect in football. go brahmas..

X15-MEM
08-22-2008, 09:59 AM
My first thoughts on the scrimmage was that Needville looked big, not overly quick and well coached. They will be a tough opponent each and every week play hard every down and are looking to bang some heads.

Thought Bellville came out a bit flat on defense and O-Line was not staying on there blocks. After reviewing the film seemed more like a RB issue than a line issue, not hitting the open hole, plays taking to long to develop creating Dline penetration so more like a joint effort than a fault to any one aspect of the offense. The passing game looked very good and Mueller made great decisions, the one pass missed in the end zone was hit by a gust of wind directing it away from the receiver Dodd so faulting the receiver is not warranted in this case as noted by another poster. In the running clock portion of the scrimmage the Bellville D looked as good or better than they did in the Brenham scrimmage but need to work a bit on the pass coverages. All in all enjoyed the evening out a few big hits by both squads providing a glimpse of Friday Nights to come.

X15-MEM
08-22-2008, 10:02 AM
OOPS

See Good Showing by Both Teams, hit the wrong button. Rookie mistake.

GO BRAHAMAS

Bull's-eye
08-22-2008, 10:32 AM
Needville was all over Bellville's 43 counter (inside reverse to the split receiver). I'm sure Coach V. prepared his defense for that play. It's one of those plays that can fool the defense and go for a big gain, but other times (when the defense is ready for it) looks terrible. I would like to see Bellville run another play off this play, maybe a QB bootleg option pass. Another suggestion is to run the SE on a outside reverse around the far left side. I'm an average fan and I can almost call this play before it happens, so run some other plays out of the same formation.

Bulligator
08-22-2008, 10:53 AM
I was told that Bellville was still without Runnels, the starting tailback, and the starting offensive tackle. Maybe they will be ready for Caldwell.

The pass coverage was weak at times. The more reps they can see in the new defensive scheme will only help.

Necks_Fan
08-22-2008, 02:30 PM
My thinking is you know everything better than anyone else on this board, and people that have accually seen these teams play know nothing. If Needville wins this district I will bend over and kiss my own something or other.

Bull's-eye
08-22-2008, 03:22 PM
IMO, Needville looked better than the WC team I watched last season, but that was last season. Needville is young and should make strides throughout the season. The QB play will lead them in the right direction and I view them as a playoff team. Not sure if Bellville wants to see them in the playoffs, do to this and Coach V's knowledge of the Brahma offense.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-22-2008, 03:28 PM
IMO, Needville looked better than the WC team I watched last season, but that was last season. Needville is young and should make strides throughout the season. The QB play will lead them in the right direction and I view them as a playoff team. Not sure if Bellville wants to see them in the playoffs, do to this and Coach V's knowledge of the Brahma offense.

You could tell at the scrimmage that Coach V,s Needvilles Defense know some of Bellvilles plays.

zebrablue2
08-22-2008, 05:19 PM
If Needville wins this district I will bend over and kiss my own something or other.

be careful what you say. you now know you will be held to this-LOL... All I can say is the jay's looked pretty darn good, but you don't have to pucker up yet. time will tell.:D

IHStangFan
08-22-2008, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
be careful what you say. you now know you will be held to this-LOL... All I can say is the jay's looked pretty darn good, but you don't have to pucker up yet. time will tell.:D LOL...you KNOW we'll hold him to it. I like ole Necks_Fan, but he does like to talk about how Needville is going to suck this year and how WC is gonna be great. The ONLY way WC will win this district is if they had some move-ins over the summer. They did not impress me last year at ALL. Yeah, we don't have Wilkerson anymore down in Needville, but if I remember correctly it was our big TE that beat up WC's secondary in the second half of that game. If our QB has some time, I think he'll destroy a weak WC secondary. :p You know I'm messin with ya NF, anything can happen. It ought to be an interesting season. I CAN'T WAIT!!

Necks_Fan
08-22-2008, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Yeah, we don't have Wilkerson anymore down in Needville, but if I remember correctly it was our big TE that beat up WC's secondary in the second half of that game.I CAN'T WAIT!! Trey Porras graduated too, so that goes out the window....

Also, WC had a bunch of 6'4'' 200 EXTREMELY athletic players move in, so just give us the DC right now.:D

Lol. Nah, I just watched WC scrimmage, I'm about to post my thoughts on the WC/Santa Fe thread... Go read.

RedStorm
08-23-2008, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Bulligator
I was told that Bellville was still without Runnels, the starting tailback, and the starting offensive tackle. Maybe they will be ready for Caldwell.

The pass coverage was weak at times. The more reps they can see in the new defensive scheme will only help.

Bellville was missing runnels but was not missing any starting linemen

Bull's-eye
08-23-2008, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by RedStorm
Bellville was missing runnels but was not missing any starting linemen

Without the proper numbers, I thought Stark was playing guard. I also heard that a linmen was out, but they could of been mistaken.

Dogs_21
08-23-2008, 04:14 PM
I cant wait to see Needville play! Thats all the people in the District are talking about! I still dont think they will win the district but who knows...??

IHStangFan
08-23-2008, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by Dogs_21
I cant wait to see Needville play! Thats all the people in the District are talking about! I still dont think they will win the district but who knows...?? really? I live here and the talk is that we're young, our OL is suspect, etc. We think we might have a decent QB if the OL can buy him some time, and with the array of RBs we have might have a decent running game, but I don't think anyone is pretending that we're gonna just breeze through district. Not sure who you've been talking to.

scrub c
08-23-2008, 07:40 PM
from listening to the bellville folks swing off those nuts, I would say needville should win it going away.

Plus WC looked like a JV team vs. a slow and small Santa Fe team...

IHStangFan
08-23-2008, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by scrub c
from listening to the bellville folks swing off those nuts, I would say needville should win it going away.

Plus WC looked like a JV team vs. a slow and small Santa Fe team... guess we'll have to wait and see.....that's what makes the game worth watching!

zebrablue2
08-23-2008, 07:58 PM

I would say pucker up to you know who....

scrub c
08-23-2008, 08:01 PM
guess we'll have to wait and see.....that's what makes the game worth watching!

Plus, we got dusted by needville last year, so that counts for a lot too.

IHStangFan
08-23-2008, 08:16 PM
Plus, we got dusted by needville last year, so that counts for a lot too. well, what it does mean is that if you didn't have any outstanding move ins, you will be marginally better than last year with experience gained during last season at beat, and nothing more. :D

garciap77
08-23-2008, 08:30 PM
Trey Porras graduated too, so that goes out the window....

Also, WC had a bunch of 6'4'' 200 EXTREMELY athletic players move in, so just give us the DC right now.:D

Lol. Nah, I just watched WC scrimmage, I'm about to post my thoughts on the WC/Santa Fe thread... Go read.

Are you recruiting in Brownwood?:tisk::tisk::tisk:

Necks_Fan
08-23-2008, 08:40 PM

Plus WC looked like a JV team vs. a slow and small Santa Fe team... Lol Scrub.... These people actually believe what you say....

And Columbus didn't have their star RB.....

Lol.:clap:

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-23-2008, 09:03 PM

Is it that your team is that bad, that you have to start degrading Bellville folks?
Like Zeb-2 said bend over and start kissing.

IHStangFan
08-23-2008, 09:28 PM
Is it that your team is that bad, that you have to start degrading Bellville folks?
Like Zeb-2 said bend over and start kissing. you don't have to be nice FBB, just tell him...Needville is gonna mop the field w/ the Roughnecks. :D

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-23-2008, 09:50 PM
you don't have to be nice FBB, just tell him...Needville is gonna mop the field w/ the Roughnecks. :D

Maybe the Brahmas and Roughnecks could meet in week 11.

IHStangFan
08-23-2008, 09:54 PM
Maybe the Brahmas and Roughnecks could meet in week 11. LOL..nah, there won't be a week 11 for the Roughnecks. :p

scrub c
08-23-2008, 09:58 PM
Maybe the Brahmas and Roughnecks could meet in week 11.
Just remember what happened last time The Roughnecks met the Brahmas in week 11...

thats all I have to say... enjoy;)

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-23-2008, 09:59 PM
LOL..nah, there won't be a week 11 for the Roughnecks. :p

Dont tell me that.

bvillebrahma010
08-23-2008, 10:28 PM
Just remember what happened last time The Roughnecks met the Brahmas in week 11...

thats all I have to say... enjoy

lol, you dont have a 8000 lb immovable boat at nosetackle or a texas bound RB either! we do have the RB! maybe you'll get a little taste of what it feels like...

scrub c
08-23-2008, 10:29 PM
No thanks, we would rather take our chances with sealy

scrub c
08-23-2008, 10:30 PM
IF we make the playoffs that is...

Necks_Fan
08-23-2008, 11:04 PM
IF we make the playoffs that is... Lol.

Scrub, you never cease to make me laugh....

Kickin It
08-24-2008, 08:12 AM
Lol Scrub.... These people actually believe what you say....

And Columbus didn't have their star RB.....

Lol.:clap:

You sure do worry about the Columbus star(s) that you guys did not have to face last year! I would keep my opinions about Columbus and all the other teams in district 25 to yourself and start worrying about getting out of your district. From what I recall last year you guys where going to stomp Columbus because the starting QB and running back where out. How did that work out for yall? On a side note, sure would have been fun to see you guys run around like a bunch of chickens with their heads cut off trying to tackle Carter or to have see seen Beard lay a few of them out on a QB run. However that was last year, so maybe the two teams can meet up again this year. So good luck in your district and to the Cards in the tough district 25. :D

scrub c
08-24-2008, 08:15 AM
ROTHFLMAO!!!

you funny kickinyit

scrub c
08-24-2008, 08:18 AM
and for the record, columbus didnt have their star, and you still won the game, and you deserve a cookie.

scrub c
08-24-2008, 08:25 AM
and just out of curiosity, what brought on that little tirade? As I recall, that was from one of the columbus posters (duke-ee), not from a Columbia poster...

kickin-yit that is a great name.

Bull's-eye
08-24-2008, 09:33 AM
:hijacktd:

Get your own thread, this is Bellville/Needville, but I'm sure nobody is really interested, so you have to post on a Bellville thread. :eek:

scrub c
08-24-2008, 10:02 AM
I agree, I was just minding my own business, capping on bellville and out of nowhere comes kickin-yit...

Good luck to bellville this year.

IHStangFan
08-24-2008, 12:27 PM
IF we make the playoffs that is... that's right....know your role! :D

Kickin It
08-24-2008, 01:22 PM
and just out of curiosity, what brought on that little tirade? As I recall, that was from one of the columbus posters (duke-ee), not from a Columbia poster...

kickin-yit that is a great name.

Let me refresh your memory a little bit.. Poll before the West Columbia/Columbus game last year...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Bull19
I WOULDNT GET TOO CONFIDENT YET, JUST BECAUSE YOU BLOW OUT STAFFORD IT DOESNT MEAN COLUMBIA WILL BLOW OUT COLUMBUS, MUCH LESS WIN....I EXPECT COLUMBUS TO WIN THIS GAME

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Necks_c/09 (by the way is not from Columbus)
(restraining myself from saying something that could get me Rom'd)

Btw, we blew out wharton too....

and columbus got blew out by brookshire and we will def win if they dont have their qb and RB if BROOKSHIRE ROYAL DONKEY STOMPED THEM w/o those 2....

and may win even if they have them....that would make 4 a much different game though imo

Good luck Columbia in your district. Sorry Bellville and Needville people, just a little tired of looking at Columbia posters meaningless coments.

Necks_Fan
08-24-2008, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Kickin It
Let me refresh your memory a little bit.. Poll before the West Columbia/Columbus game last year...

I WOULDNT GET TOO CONFIDENT YET, JUST BECAUSE YOU BLOW OUT STAFFORD IT DOESNT MEAN COLUMBIA WILL BLOW OUT COLUMBUS, MUCH LESS WIN....I EXPECT COLUMBUS TO WIN THIS GAME

Necks_c/09 (by the way is not from Columbus)
(restraining myself from saying something that could get me Rom'd)

Btw, we blew out wharton too....

and columbus got blew out by brookshire and we will def win if they dont have their qb and RB if BROOKSHIRE ROYAL DONKEY STOMPED THEM w/o those 2....

and may win even if they have them....that would make 4 a much different game though imo

Good luck Columbia in your district. Sorry Bellville and Needville people, just a little tired of looking at Columbia posters meaningless coments. Lol. You should know better than to put any stock into what that idiot Necks_c/09 said..... It sure is a good thing he got Rom'd.

He makes us regular folk look bad, anyway... he was nothing but a punk teenager... he didn't know anything......

:p

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-24-2008, 05:20 PM
just a little tired of looking at Columbia posters meaningless coments.

poster.

Kickin It
08-24-2008, 06:19 PM
Lol. You should know better than to put any stock into what that idiot Necks_c/09 said..... It sure is a good thing he got Rom'd.

He makes us regular folk look bad, anyway... he was nothing but a punk teenager... he didn't know anything......

:p

Alright, enough of the garbage talking. Good luck to the Roughnecks this season. BTW he realy did sound like a little punk.

kingoftheranch
08-24-2008, 08:02 PM
The slow running back yall were referring to was lecroy. Hmm if the first stringers of bellville beat needville 4-1 then how is it that needville looked good? And from what i have seen. Needville is not big in any stretch of the imagination. BUT they will still make the playoffs as the number 3 team behind wc and br

Necks_Fan
08-24-2008, 08:35 PM
Alright, enough of the garbage talking. Good luck to the Roughnecks this season. BTW he realy did sound like a little punk. Well, somebody on his level needs to get bashed some.....

And yea.... he was a punk! I hate that kid....

Bit seriously... would you know though? Because I'm pretty sure he got Rom'd before you registered.....

:cool:

Bull19
08-24-2008, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by kingoftheranch
The slow running back yall were referring to was lecroy. Hmm if the first stringers of bellville beat needville 4-1 then how is it that needville looked good? And from what i have seen. Needville is not big in any stretch of the imagination. BUT they will still make the playoffs as the number 3 team behind wc and br i thought needville actually had some size to them. their passing game looked like it could be very big for them this year. i expect needville to do alright this year.

zebrablue2
08-24-2008, 09:52 PM
i thought needville actually had some size to them. their passing game looked like it could be very big for them this year. i expect needville to do alright this year.

bull19, you have come back just in time for football season.
thought you fell off the face of the earth..

Bull's-eye
08-24-2008, 10:18 PM
Bull19, you rooming with Rhett? :D

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-24-2008, 10:27 PM
Bull19, you rooming with Rhett? :D

Who is she?