PDA

View Full Version : Something baffled me earlier...

Ranger Mom
08-17-2008, 07:05 PM
I went to our new Sonic and noticed the parking spaces at the back end of both sides of the building are handicapped parking spaces.

Why do you need handicapped parking spaces at Sonic??

I know there are a few tables up at the front, but isn't it almost defeating the purpose to put them at back of the building in that case??

I just found it strange!!!

scrub c
08-17-2008, 07:06 PM
puzzling ....:thinking:

michaelp23
08-17-2008, 07:17 PM
Maybe they're required for emloyees parking? I'm sure it's just another blanket ordinance that doesn't make sense at Sonic but they have to do it anyway.

IHStangFan
08-17-2008, 07:20 PM
It gives them a break on their insurance....also a tax write off. :D

PPHSfan
Makes about as much sense as brail numbers on the drive-thru ATM.

Ranger Mom
Originally posted by michaelp23
Maybe they're required for emloyees parking? I'm sure it's just another blanket ordinance that doesn't make sense at Sonic but they have to do it anyway.

We have remodeled/built several new Sonics this year....this is the only one I have seen of those that have been built that has them.

Ranger Mom
08-17-2008, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan

True....lol!

I was just bent out of shape because everything else was full but those 2.

I would be my luck if I pulled into it, I would get ticketed!!

Necks_Fan
08-17-2008, 07:24 PM
Makes about as much sense as brail numbers on the drive-thru ATM. or as much as tits on a boar hog.

PPHSfan
08-17-2008, 07:26 PM
The handicapped parking space is over-rated anyway. Usually all it gets you is a bunch of door dings from the shopping carts that people push into the striped area next to it.

scrub c
08-17-2008, 07:27 PM

LMAO

scrub c
08-17-2008, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
or as much as tits on a boar hog.

NOT LMAO

PPHSfan
08-17-2008, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by scrub c
NOT LMAO

LMAO

Necks_Fan
08-17-2008, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by scrub c
NOT LMAO Lol. Even though this was directed at my lame attempt at humor, this just totally wiped me out.... LMAO....

Good one scrub....

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-17-2008, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
It gives them a break on their insurance....also a tax write off. :D

I will start in the morning on my parking @ my home, any break on insurance and taxes will help.:D

crzyjournalist03
08-18-2008, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Kinda like the sign at the post office that says "No pets allowed except for seeing eye dogs". Who the hell is reading that sign?

All of the people who can see but bring their pets with them.

Diocletian
08-18-2008, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03

Exactly, the sign is there for the rejects that would DO it. You only need the read the sign at the bank that says..."No shirt, no service" if you don't have a shirt on, otherwise you won't even notice that sign...

Signs are a great invention that help the slower human beings catch up the rest of us moving at warp speed.

AP Panther Fan
08-18-2008, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I went to our new Sonic and noticed the parking spaces at the back end of both sides of the building are handicapped parking spaces.

I know there are a few tables up at the front, but isn't it almost defeating the purpose to put them at back of the building in that case??

Maybe the restrooms are at the rear of the building? I just dunno.

sinton66
08-18-2008, 06:31 PM
Everybody who eats at Sonic is Handicapped aren't they? (Mentally counts too).:crazy: :evillol:

ronwx5x
08-18-2008, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Kinda like the sign at the post office that says "No pets allowed except for seeing eye dogs". Who the hell is reading that sign?

Come on Ernie. The only people who need to read it are those who are NOT BLIND and need to be given instructions. Blind folks don't need to read it since they are allowed in with pets.

:cool:

Phantom Stang
08-18-2008, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
I figured the "seeing eye dogs only" sign was there so the La Marque Fire Marshal would know not to drag the blind man out of the Post Office in handcuffs and write him a ticket.:D

Trashman
08-20-2008, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

Yes it is strange; our federal government at work. I asked our building code official about this and he said that if a public building has a restroom for it's employees or customers, it must have handicapped restrooms (Americans with Disabilities Act). If the building meets that requirement it must also provide handicapped parking for its employees or anyone who might have cause to come up to, or inside the building. Such as outside dining or a walkup window to place an order. Older buildings do not have to meet the requirement unless they are substancially remodeled.:doh:

Now my brain hurts.!:D