PDA

View Full Version : wimberley

Lombardi
08-16-2008, 10:53 PM
how did wimberley look today???

fourbeee
08-17-2008, 11:20 AM
I heard Wimberley had a freshman move-in running back that was so good, he was going to start on the varsity. Anyone else hear this?

LH Panther Mom
08-17-2008, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by four
I heard Wimberley had a freshman move-in running back that was so good, he was going to start on the varsity. Anyone else hear this?
If it's the same kid I know about, he lived there in 7th grade and played for them, then, moved to Houston (I think) 8th grade year, and is now back.

fourbeee
08-17-2008, 11:54 AM
Did you ever see him play?

LH Panther Mom
08-17-2008, 12:37 PM
Yes, as a 7th grader. He was GOOD then, and I'm sure is better now.

LeonJr
08-17-2008, 12:41 PM
Leon says "rumors and freshmen playing Varsity is all over-rated!"

LH Panther Mom
08-17-2008, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by LeonJr
Leon says "rumors and freshmen playing Varsity is all over-rated!"
Maybe you should see the kid play, first. :)

gold_33
08-17-2008, 12:47 PM
Yeah he moved to Houston last year and then came back this year. He's a freakin stud, 6'2 205 and has got some wheels. We've all been waitin on him to get to high school cause through peewee and jr high football he was dominating. He will make an immediate impact on varsity this year and be a force for the next 4 years.

LeonJr
08-17-2008, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Maybe you should see the kid play, first. :)

Leon says "I'm sure he will rush for over 100yds per game on thurday nights MOM!"

LH Panther Mom
08-17-2008, 12:49 PM
Leon says "I'm sure he will rush for over 100yds per game on thurday nights MOM!"
Coach Nelms has already mentioned him being on VARSITY.

Necks_Fan
08-17-2008, 12:50 PM
Coach Nelms has already mentioned him being on VARSITY. A kid with talent like that belongs on varsity getting experience, even if he doesn't start.

Fridays are alot different than Thursdays.

LeonJr
08-17-2008, 12:50 PM
Leon says, "He will play on Thursday nights or ride the pine on Friday nights!":devil:

LHexPlayer
08-17-2008, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Lombardi
how did wimberley look today???

So any word on the scrimmage?

gold_33
08-17-2008, 12:56 PM
Hes on varsity, he's is too good for Nelms to not have him on varsity.

LH Panther Mom
08-17-2008, 01:00 PM
Leon says, "He will play on Thursday nights or ride the pine on Friday nights!":devil: :rolleyes: I'll take Nelms' info over your opinion.

HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL
Wimberley hoping for banner season in 8-3A
Revamped district pits Texans against Liberty Hill.

The Texans will get an infusion of youth from freshman running back Dennis Smith, the ringleader of his eighth-grade team at Wimberley Junior High. Smith is the first freshman to earn a starting berth on varsity during Nelms' eight years in Wimberley.

AAS link (http://www.statesman.com/sports/content/sports/stories/highschool/08/11/0811prepfoot.html)

wimbo_pro
08-17-2008, 01:13 PM
Wimbo_pro says "Leon is one strange poster".

By the way, on a team that is less-than-stacked with talent in the backfield, and with our strength apparently being in our sophmore/junior classes, it would be a good idea to get him playing time now. And the 205 lbs? I dunno...that seems a bit much.

popcorn screen
08-17-2008, 01:43 PM
Leon, please quit speaking in 3rd person.:thmbdwn:

espn1
08-17-2008, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by popcorn screen
Leon, please quit speaking in 3rd person.:thmbdwn: ME LIKE LEON!http://www.tandjent.com/meshforum/media/timmy-retard.jpg

LHexPlayer
08-17-2008, 03:19 PM
From the Austin American Statesman

Got some extra cash? Sponsor a stadium
By Danny Davis | Friday, August 15, 2008, 04:00 PM

If the price is right, you could possibly have a stadium named after you.

Texan Stadium in Wimberley is looking for a sponsor and has a few options for stadium sponsorship. Exclusive sponsorship comes with stadium naming rights, a five-year contract and an annual price tag in the mid to high five-digits. Should an exclusive sponsorship be unable to be found, there are less-exclusive options that are one-year agreements and go for $950 and $600.

Texan Stadium recently got new turf and can host as many as 6,000 fans. Wimberley will play at least five varsity football games there in 2008 and around 10 soccer games.

You have got to be kidding me?

espn1
08-17-2008, 03:30 PM
ESPN1 STADIUM
I like the Sound of that!

Lombardi
08-17-2008, 04:57 PM
so wimbo...how did the scrimmage with gonzales turn out?
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Wimbo_pro says "Leon is one strange poster".

By the way, on a team that is less-than-stacked with talent in the backfield, and with our strength apparently being in our sophmore/junior classes, it would be a good idea to get him playing time now. And the 205 lbs? I dunno...that seems a bit much.

TexDad
08-17-2008, 05:09 PM
I was at the scrimmage, we outscored Gonzales 3-1. That's only counting first team against first team. We looked OK...The freshman running back broke a long run during the first series. He has a lot of learning to do, but he will or should be starting. We are young, only 10-12 seniors on the whole team.

wimbo_pro
08-18-2008, 10:13 AM
Thanks TexDad.

Lombardi, l wasnt at the scrimmage. By the way, are you one of the young Lombardi's (recent graduate), or one of the older Lombardi's?

Regarding the stadium...I hadnt heard that before. I am not sure how good of an idea it is, but oh well.

cameron91
08-18-2008, 10:42 AM
does wimberley , scrimmage Manor this weekend.I was at the Manor scrimmage Sat.night .I over heard acouple of people talkin about next week. LBJ really made Manor look bad or LBJ is really going to be good this year.I left after each first team played against each other. I left is was 5-1 LBJ and that had two TD called back b/c of holding.I hope liberty hill doesn't smashed Manor again.

TexDad
08-18-2008, 11:26 AM
Yes, we have Manor this week, I am thinking they said Thursday night in Manor due to the field not being ready. Hopefully this rain we are getting won't put them too far behind.

cameron91
08-18-2008, 11:44 AM
Manor , biggest threat is my nephew # 18 ..he plays WR other that don't run up the score...we still have Liberty Hill and Brownwood to play:(

Send_the_House
08-18-2008, 01:12 PM
So how'd the freshman do? Thursday nights in his future? Leon seems to think so.

Necks_Fan
08-18-2008, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by espn1
ME LIKE LEON!http://www.tandjent.com/meshforum/media/timmy-retard.jpg :spitlol: :spitlol: :spitlol:

LMAO.... That is great...

TexDad
08-18-2008, 01:26 PM
The freshman scored twice, once on a long run, maybe 60 yards and the other one from inside the 20. He is good and will get better with experience and Leon is wrong. The only way he plays on Thursdays is if the varsity plays that day and we don't, except for this Thursday.

TexanAlum_06
08-18-2008, 02:33 PM
Im excited to finally see him up there on the varsity level to see what he can do. He definately has a bright future ahead of him. Is he playing both ways? I imagine they could use his athletism on defense as well. He could play Safety or OLB. Heck they should put him at DE on passing situations and let him go after the QB. How did Barron look? I noticed the new turf has been laid but I didnt see any stripes or numbers. I wonder if that is the only thing lacking? Anybody have any more information? how di the defense look?

TexDad
08-18-2008, 02:50 PM
He plays MLB also but doesn't start. I think he will play mostly O this year. The defense looked good against Gonzales, not sure how good they are supposed to be. They looked very athletic and had some speed. Our QB looked good, made a few mistakes but overall looked good. The field still has to be finished put together and numbers and such put in. I didn't know that they did all that after the turf was installed. I am going by after work to look so I'll know more tomorrow.

Gontex
08-19-2008, 12:49 PM
I din't make it to the scrimmage on Saturday, but I read the local newspaper's story this morning. You can see it at www.gonzalesinquirer.com. Coach Micheaux seemed to be pretty happy with his team's performance. Gonzales has lots of quality players to replace, but I think the possibility of another decent team is there.

wimbo_pro
08-19-2008, 12:51 PM
I just went by the field...they have most of it painted, with some more to do, but it looks good. The rain isnt helping, though we all need it badly. We should be good-to-go for the opener.