PDA

View Full Version : Needville -vs- Rice Consolidated Scrimmage

IHStangFan
08-16-2008, 06:12 PM
Getting ready to head up to the field in just a bit. Will report on what I see.

GO JAYS!!

Necks_Fan
08-16-2008, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Getting ready to head up to the field in just a bit. Will report on what I see.

GO JAYS!! Maybe I'll head down to Needville and see what they got. At 7 right?

IHStangFan
08-16-2008, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
Maybe I'll head down to Needville and see what they got. At 7 right? Rgrgr that. That's what the schedule on their school website says. I'm not sure if it'll be just me, or myself and the fam. Not sure if the wifey is going to get out and about with me. She has said both "I will go" and "I will stay home". LOL...you know women...so we'll see.

Necks_Fan
08-16-2008, 06:35 PM
Rgrgr that. That's what the schedule on their school website says. I'm not sure if it'll be just me, or myself and the fam. Not sure if the wifey is going to get out and about with me. She has said both "I will go" and "I will stay home". LOL...you know women...so we'll see. Well, I just looked at the weather and t looks like no scrimmage for me, rain is everywhere.

IHStangFan
08-16-2008, 09:00 PM
It was hard to tell what was going on and who was in. They were already underway when we got there and we were there before 7. Rotating in a lot of different groups of kids, some of which looked decent, others not so much. What I did get....

QB looks pretty tall, had a decent arm, but appears to be rushed on every play. That would make sense, supposedly the O-line graduated from last year. With some time, he could be decent. Hadjik looked decent. Rush D looked pretty quick to the ball. All in all, they looked alright, nothing spectacular that I saw though. From what I saw, the run D looks to be their strongest attribute.

jayfan1
08-16-2008, 09:04 PM
Did the Jays put up any points?

IHStangFan
08-16-2008, 09:06 PM
Like I say....I wasn't there at the start.....but they did score once or twice while I WAS there...we left and it was still going on. They DID run a real good looking reverse that caught the Raiders WAY off guard. fairly tall kid (#8) ran it about 60yds for a TD.

Necks_Fan
08-16-2008, 09:18 PM
Like I say....I wasn't there at the start.....but they did score once or twice while I WAS there...we left and it was still going on. They DID run a real good looking reverse that caught the Raiders WAY off guard. fairly tall kid (#8) ran it about 60yds for a TD. How did Rice look?

That Rb they have is supposed to be pretty good.

IHStangFan
08-16-2008, 09:25 PM
How did Rice look?

That Rb they have is supposed to be pretty good. he broke one down the side lines that went about 30+ yds before he was caught from behind.

Necks_Fan
08-16-2008, 09:26 PM
he broke one down the side lines that went about 30+ yds before he was caught from behind. From behind, must mean there is some decent speed down in Needville then.

That's one thing I don't think WC will do, catch people from behind. If we get behind em, it's 6 points.

IHStangFan
08-16-2008, 09:28 PM
From behind, must mean there is some decent speed down in Needville then.

That's one thing I don't think WC will do, catch people from behind. If we get behind em, it's 6 points. Roger that....Needville did seem to have some speed scattered on the field. I was pleasantly surprised. Team speed is alright...but they have a few guys that looked like they could flat out fly.

Necks_Fan
08-16-2008, 09:31 PM
Roger that....Needville did seem to have some speed scattered on the field. I was pleasantly surprised. Team speed is alright...but they have a few guys that looked like they could flat out fly. That should help cover some mistakes then. Speed is definately an assett.

IHStangFan
08-16-2008, 09:35 PM
That should help cover some mistakes then. Speed is definately an assett. Agreed. I just hope the Jays can put it all together. I saw glints of talent here and there, but the only place I saw team cohesion and play was on the D. QB looked rattled most of the scrimmage. They were getting to him quick. His line needs some work. He did appear to be a fairly tall kid w/ a decent arm. But if his line doesn't get any better, he better get used to making decisions alot faster than he did tonight. Hadjik looked pretty decent.

Necks_Fan
08-16-2008, 09:38 PM
Agreed. I just hope the Jays can put it all together. I saw glints of talent here and there, but the only place I saw team cohesion and play was on the D. QB looked rattled most of the scrimmage. They were getting to him quick. His line needs some work. He did appear to be a fairly tall kid w/ a decent arm. But if his line doesn't get any better, he better get used to making decisions alot faster than he did tonight. Hadjik looked pretty decent. Yep, going to be rough if they don't get a line put together. Us, BR, and Sweeny are going to field some decent defenses.

IHStangFan
08-16-2008, 09:40 PM
Yep, going to be rough if they don't get a line put together. Us, BR, and Sweeny are going to field some decent defenses. yeah....I just have a sneaking suspicion that BR is gonna make some noise this year. Last year they had speed and size if I remember correctly, just didn't have the whole "working as a unit" thing down.

Necks_Fan
08-16-2008, 09:43 PM
yeah....I just have a sneaking suspicion that BR is gonna make some noise this year. Last year they had speed and size if I remember correctly, just didn't have the whole "working as a unit" thing down. Yea, agreed. I have a hard time believing that BR is going to be "that" good, but they return like 9/9 I think from a team that started to play well late and also beat the crap outta Columbus.

IHStangFan
08-16-2008, 09:44 PM
Yea, agreed. I have a hard time believing that BR is going to be "that" good, but they return like 9/9 I think from a team that started to play well late and also beat the crap outta Columbus. Right....I think the Columbus game might have been a fluke...BUT....they definitely DID have speed and talent, their problem seemed to be putting it all together on the field. Buncha ME guys....not a team...or thats how it looked from where I was sitting.

Necks_Fan
08-16-2008, 09:47 PM
Right....I think the Columbus game might have been a fluke...BUT....they definitely DID have speed and talent, their problem seemed to be putting it all together on the field. Buncha ME guys....not a team...or thats how it looked from where I was sitting. Yea, I think so, but I have noticed that BR is becoming competitive in just about EVERY sport, except baseball, softball. Lol. Maybe they have put together a good coaching staff and AD.

IHStangFan
08-16-2008, 09:50 PM
Yea, I think so, but I have noticed that BR is becoming competitive in just about EVERY sport, except baseball, softball. Lol. Maybe they have put together a good coaching staff and AD. Yeah..they definitely have some athletes. You mentioned Wharton earlier....wonder what they'll field this year. Haven't heard much noise outa Tiger Country so far this year.

Necks_Fan
08-16-2008, 09:53 PM
Yeah..they definitely have some athletes. You mentioned Wharton earlier....wonder what they'll field this year. Haven't heard much noise outa Tiger Country so far this year. And I dont think you will either.

New coach, not many returning starters, etc. Should be a down year, but anything is possible.

IHStangFan
08-16-2008, 09:56 PM
And I dont think you will either.

New coach, not many returning starters, etc. Should be a down year, but anything is possible. first game I saw in our district was what...2 yrs ago right after we had moved here (came from Arizona and stayed w/ my parents in Sugar Land for a few months). WC -vs- Wharton. WC's Flannel was out w/ an injury I believe...or SOMEONE was....Wharton's QB Ainsley was ALL they had, but w/ WC's injuries it was JUST enough. It was actually a very good game if I remember correctly. But having moved up here...those were two teams I had heard about for years...and I told the wife..."lets go check these two teams out" Later that year we moved to Needville.

Necks_Fan
08-16-2008, 10:03 PM
first game I saw in our district was what...2 yrs ago right after we had moved here (came from Arizona and stayed w/ my parents in Sugar Land for a few months). WC -vs- Wharton. WC's Flannel was out w/ an injury I believe...or SOMEONE was....Wharton's QB Ainsley was ALL they had, but w/ WC's injuries it was JUST enough. It was actually a very good game if I remember correctly. But having moved up here...those were two teams I had heard about for years...and I told the wife..."lets go check these two teams out" Later that year we moved to Needville. Yea, that game was in WC right? They had the whole Goal line stand to win the game if I remember right. Yea, that was Ansley's Junior Year, they had him and 1 receiver. That was pretty much it.

I'm not sure if Flannel was out that game or not. It was his junior year as well I think.

That was Neck_06's senior year too I think. He was a grade ahead of Flannel.

IHStangFan
08-16-2008, 10:05 PM
Yea, that game was in WC right? They had the whole Goal line stand to win the game if I remember right. Yea, that was Ansley's Junior Year, they had him and 1 receiver. That was pretty much it.

I'm not sure if Flannel was out that game or not. It was his junior year as well I think.

That was Neck_06's senior year too I think. He was a grade ahead of Flannel. No, it seems like we drove to Wharton. At any rate, it was an exciting game. Should be interesting once district play comes around this year.

Necks_Fan
08-16-2008, 10:07 PM
No, it seems like we drove to Wharton. At any rate, it was an exciting game. Should be interesting once district play comes around this year. Well, maybe you are talking about
flannel's senior year. That would have been like October or November 06.

WC lost that game in OT. I think Flannel was out this game.

The one wC won was in WC on a goal line stand.

IHStangFan
08-16-2008, 10:08 PM
Well, maybe you are talking about
flannel's senior year. That would have been like October or November 06.

WC lost that game in OT. I think Flannel was out this game.

The one wC won was in WC on a goal line stand. okay...yeah..maybe it was 06.

Necks_Fan
08-16-2008, 10:14 PM
okay...yeah..maybe it was 06. Lol. IDK, who cares..... I'm just getting my post count up.:D

IHStangFan
08-16-2008, 10:15 PM
LOL. I'm just excited we actually have football to talk about.

Necks_Fan
08-16-2008, 10:16 PM
LOL. I'm just excited we actually have football to talk about. Lol. Yea. I can't wait for next week at Santa Fe..... i might just have to make that lil hop and skip over there to check us out.....

I got friends that play ball, so I got a little inside info as far as who plays, get reps in practice and things like that. Makes it alot more interesting.:)

IHStangFan
08-16-2008, 10:23 PM
Lol. Yea. I can't wait for next week at Santa Fe..... i might just have to make that lil hop and skip over there to check us out.....

I got friends that play ball, so I got a little inside info as far as who plays, get reps in practice and things like that. Makes it alot more interesting.:) Poor Santa Fe....have they EVER been any good?

Necks_Fan
08-16-2008, 10:26 PM
Poor Santa Fe....have they EVER been any good? Nah, not really.... justa bunch of white kids in pads.... never really been much....

I heard that there's a bunch of KKK's over there.... they have some Dragon something or other, like the lead guy.....

If I was a colored man, I wouldn't recommend goin to Santa Fe...

Not trying to be racist, just the plain truth.

:eek:

IHStangFan
08-16-2008, 10:31 PM
Nah, not really.... justa bunch of white kids in pads.... never really been much....

I heard that there's a bunch of KKK's over there.... they have some Dragon something or other, like the lead guy.....

If I was a colored man, I wouldn't recommend goin to Santa Fe...

Not trying to be racist, just the plain truth.

:eek: We just did some work over in Santa Fe for the PD/Emergency Management. Put in some Motorola point to point broadband stuff. There were some "good ole boys" over there, LOL. Hitchcock on the other hand is supposed to be something to look at this year if I'm not mistaken.

Necks_Fan
08-16-2008, 10:36 PM
We just did some work over in Santa Fe for the PD/Emergency Management. Put in some Motorola point to point broadband stuff. There were some "good ole boys" over there, LOL. Hitchcock on the other hand is supposed to be something to look at this year if I'm not mistaken. Oh yea.... they used toi be good at one point, they on the other hand dont have many white kids at all.

Not that it matters how they are diversly

IHStangFan
08-16-2008, 10:38 PM
Oh yea.... they used toi be good at one point, they on the other hand dont have many white kids at all.

Not that it matters how they are diversly yeah, Hitchcock has some color down there. Have always heard they are good in most sports every few years.

Necks_Fan
08-16-2008, 10:40 PM
yeah, Hitchcock has some color down there. Have always heard they are good in most sports every few years. Yea, quite a bit of talent I would assume.... I don't know about the coaching, facilities, discipline, etc though...

IHStangFan
08-16-2008, 10:42 PM
Yea, quite a bit of talent I would assume.... I don't know about the coaching, facilities, discipline, etc though... yeah, me either. I did hear they are ranked preseason though.

Necks_Fan
08-16-2008, 10:44 PM
yeah, me either. I did hear they are ranked preseason though. 4A?

Hmmm...

IHStangFan
08-16-2008, 11:03 PM
4A?

Hmmm... I think Hitchcock is 2A. But yeah, I think they're ranked.

Antec
08-17-2008, 08:54 AM
Hitchccok in weak 29-2A districtt with Van Vleck, Boling, Tidehaven, Industrial and Danbury

26-2A is much stronger with Rice Consolidated, East Bernard, Schulenburg, Brazos, Weimar, Hallettsivlle and Hempstead

zebrablue2
08-17-2008, 09:06 AM
the jay's will have to go up against bellville on thursday. that will be a good test to see what kind of talent they have for the upcoming season..

kingoftheranch
08-19-2008, 08:32 AM
correction.....needville did not score at all! the 60 yard run by #8 was called back. and they dropped a pass in the endzone. other than that. needville offense had few yards and alot of qb hurries. defesnse wasnt bad. rice didnt have much though. 1 thing i did recognize very quickly is that needville is SMALL compared to what they used to be the last few years

Bulligator
08-19-2008, 09:14 AM
What ever happened to the RB of WC, Flannel? Is he in a college program somewhere?

Bull's-eye
08-19-2008, 11:03 AM
Where's CheerMom? She could give us a good report.

Necked
08-19-2008, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Bulligator
What ever happened to the RB of WC, Flannel? Is he in a college program somewhere?

He is at Texas Tech...

CheerMom
08-19-2008, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Where's CheerMom? She could give us a good report.

We were late getting to the scrimmage so I don't have much to report. Didn't see the first string until the end of the scrimmage. Heard that Rice's defense played well the first time around, but the offense was lacking. Young O-line is going to have to get tough to give Ziggy some running room. And with a young QB, mistakes will be made. Hopefully, all the kinks get worked out before district starts. I think this scrimmage went 0-0....just what I heard. Neither team scored while I was there.

kingoftheranch
08-20-2008, 08:08 AM
yea nobody scored the entire scrimmage. needville got into the red zone once but dropped a pass in the end zone. im not sure which guy for rice was ziggy but i didnt see a standout on offense for rice at all. they lost A TON from last year