PDA

View Full Version : 6 Bold Predictions For 2008

PPHSfan
08-16-2008, 04:42 PM
Which one do you think has the best chance of coming true?

GreenGobbla
08-16-2008, 04:57 PM
lol at whoever thinks vince will make the pro bowl

bobcat1
08-16-2008, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by GreenGobbla
lol at whoever thinks vince will make the pro bowl X2 :clap: :clap: :clap:

DDBooger
08-16-2008, 05:22 PM
where's A&M will finally win their bowl game?:confused: :D:p

forum_guy
08-16-2008, 07:00 PM
where is the cowboys choke again?? lol

DDBooger
08-16-2008, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by forum_guy
where is the cowboys choke again?? lol see avatar for result of said choke!:rolleyes:

lol naw, I think they wreck the nfl this year! but im a glass is half full type person :D

forum_guy
08-16-2008, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
see avatar for result of said choke!:rolleyes:

lol naw, I think they wreck the nfl this year! but im a glass is half full type person :D

lol nice...dude that division is going to be even crazier this year...the skins are going to be alot better also...but im going to go out a limb and say the eagles will win the division because i think mcnabb will stay healthy

DDBooger
08-16-2008, 07:13 PM
lol nice...dude that division is going to be even crazier this year...the skins are going to be alot better also...but im going to go out a limb and say the eagles will win the division because i think mcnabb will stay healthy :eek: Eagles fan? ;) I don't think Donavan will stay healthy, and if he does, w/o help at WR, cowboys have the defense to man up and pressure him all day. Redskins I think will be REAL tough.

trojan37
08-16-2008, 08:21 PM
I don't know Gsquared, but I would have to say that is more likely to happen than any of the other options mentioned. The jets beat the Patriots twice-HAHA!

Necks_Fan
08-16-2008, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by GreenGobbla
lol at whoever thinks vince will make the pro bowl He could, doubtful, but it's possible.

trojan37
08-16-2008, 08:25 PM
Did you see Vince last night?:ack!:

Necks_Fan
08-16-2008, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by trojan37
Did you see Vince last night?:ack!: No, Lol. What happened?

DDBooger
08-16-2008, 08:32 PM
Did you see Vince last night?:ack!: :dispntd: yeah he looked terrible...jamarcus looked better. McFadden looked good too!

trojan37
08-16-2008, 08:32 PM
He looked like crap. I think he was 4-14 or something like that. Russell for the Raiders looked better.

Necks_Fan
08-16-2008, 08:36 PM
I think I saw that Kerry Collins was 4-15 or something, but I didn't see anything about VY.

Oh well, I don't really care one way or the other.

popcorn screen
08-16-2008, 09:15 PM
D2Boog

Thats my quarterback man.....

IHStangFan
08-16-2008, 09:17 PM
where's A&M will finally win their bowl game?:confused: :D:p I was thinking more of "A&M makes it 3 in a row against the Horns"

DDBooger
08-16-2008, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
I was thinking more of "A&M makes it 3 in a row against the Horns" makes no difference to me :) just like to see them win a bowl game and represent! They had Joe Pa beat last year, but let it slip.

IHStangFan
08-16-2008, 09:30 PM
makes no difference to me :) just like to see them win a bowl game and represent! They had Joe Pa beat last year, but let it slip. oh, tell me about it...being an A&M fan is rough come bowl time!! LOL. The game that sticks in my mind was 2 yrs ago in CS....against OU...we had em beat....then Fran puts Lane on the sidelines after he had run all over them most of the day. That equated to 3 redzone visits that produced 2 FGs. I was going absolutely ape in the stands.

DDBooger
08-16-2008, 09:34 PM
oh, tell me about it...being an A&M fan is rough come bowl time!! LOL. The game that sticks in my mind was 2 yrs ago in CS....against OU...we had em beat....then Fran puts Lane on the sidelines after he had run all over them most of the day. That equated to 3 redzone visits that produced 2 FGs. I was going absolutely ape in the stands. i go for everyone state of texas come bowl time...If A&M approached every team like they do UT, they'd be great lol, but thats why its a rivalry.

IHStangFan
08-16-2008, 09:39 PM
i go for everyone state of texas come bowl time...If A&M approached every team like they do UT, they'd be great lol, but thats why its a rivalry. yeah...I am anxious to see what they look like this year. New coach, new system that I feel might fit McGee a little better, etc. Alot of people for some reason say McGee can't pass the ball....I think it had more to do w/ the system he was in. In HS he was a great passer.

DDBooger
08-16-2008, 09:42 PM
yeah...I am anxious to see what they look like this year. New coach, new system that I feel might fit McGee a little better, etc. Alot of people for some reason say McGee can't pass the ball....I think it had more to do w/ the system he was in. In HS he was a great passer. I agree, I think properly utilized he can be real dangerous through the air. Miami will be the first big test, they're not the old U, but they still have speed galore.

IHStangFan
08-16-2008, 10:01 PM
I agree, I think properly utilized he can be real dangerous through the air. Miami will be the first big test, they're not the old U, but they still have speed galore. Agreed, Miami might not be the U of old...but Florida teams ALWAYS have speed. ALWAYS. I'll be anxious to see what Sherm has up his sleeve for McGee and w/ Lane at a real FB position, what's that gonna do for Goodson? Also I'll be curious to see if hes drawn up some special plays for the J-Train as well. They say hes lost some weight and worked on his stamina in the offseason. I'm curious.

Necks_Fan
08-16-2008, 10:18 PM
Agreed, Miami might not be the U of old...but Florida teams ALWAYS have speed. ALWAYS. I'll be anxious to see what Sherm has up his sleeve for McGee and w/ Lane at a real FB position, what's that gonna do for Goodson? Also I'll be curious to see if hes drawn up some special plays for the J-Train as well. They say hes lost some weight and worked on his stamina in the offseason. I'm curious. That has to be the worst feeling in the world, having Japorky Lane running straight at you.....:eek:

IHStangFan
08-16-2008, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
That has to be the worst feeling in the world, having Japorky Lane running straight at you.....:eek: Yeah, that dude hits like a truck. I love it everytime he runs over someone. I don't know if I've ever seen him go down on initial contact. Usually takes 3 or more guys to bring him down.

Necks_Fan
08-16-2008, 10:23 PM
Yeah, that dude hits like a truck. I love it everytime he runs over someone. I don't know if I've ever seen him go down on initial contact. Usually takes 3 or more guys to bring him down. That would suck so much to have just you in between him and the end zone.....

trojan37
08-16-2008, 10:23 PM
That has to be the worst feeling in the world, having Japorky Lane running straight at you.....:eek:

Japorky, HAHA, I love it.

IHStangFan
08-16-2008, 10:24 PM
That would suck so much to have just you in between him and the end zone..... you could only hope that he tripped as he ran over you, LOL.

Necks_Fan
08-16-2008, 10:29 PM
you could only hope that he tripped as he ran over you, LOL. I think I would let him run past me and me try to catch him from behind.....:D

DDBooger
08-16-2008, 10:30 PM
he'd run out of bounds if he saw me between him and the goaline.:rolleyes:

lmao ok maybe not.

Necks_Fan
08-16-2008, 10:31 PM
lmao ok maybe not. Yea, that's what I was thinking.

IHStangFan
08-16-2008, 10:32 PM
he'd run out of bounds if he saw me between him and the goaline.:rolleyes:

lmao ok maybe not. LOL..you must be an amazing specimen.

DDBooger
08-16-2008, 10:34 PM
LOL..you must be an amazing specimen.

i'll put a hat on him! but he'll carry it with him to the endzone! haha

Necks_Fan
08-16-2008, 10:37 PM
i'll put a hat on him! but he'll carry it with him to the endzone! haha Lol.

PPHSfan
08-17-2008, 07:18 PM
Thought Billy Ray was gonna do better.

LionKing
08-17-2008, 08:30 PM
Did you see Vince last night?:ack!: Yea, but I still remember Troy Aikman back in 89' look All-Pro during Pre-Season, then commenced to go 1-15, and look terrible, Aikman was only as good as the players around him, the Titans haven't done a very good job of giving Vince that luxury, Vince may or may not make the Pro Bowl, but I wouldn't base it off one or any pre-season games.

BwdLions
08-18-2008, 10:02 AM
I was hoping to see a choice of "The oklahoma sooners will actually win a bowl game and stop embarrassing the Big XII."

forum_guy
08-18-2008, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by BwdLions
I was hoping to see a choice of "The oklahoma sooners will actually win a bowl game and stop embarrassing the Big XII."

with that being the case how crappy does that make other big 12 teams look...lol

BwdLions
08-18-2008, 02:07 PM
with that being the case how crappy does that make other big 12 teams look...lol

After watching all the Big XII teams in bowl games last season, I'd have to say the sooners looked the worst to me. That's the last games each Big XII school played so that's what I'm going by. In fact, the sooners haven't won a bowl game in several years.

forum_guy
08-18-2008, 02:55 PM
yeah but we better be ready for the sooners to smash UT and A&M but hopefully missouri can beat them in the big 12 championship...mizzou is so fun to watch and are bringing back almost all of their defense.....

Mustangpride09
08-18-2008, 03:23 PM
I could easily see Joe McKnight being a heisman finalist. Why is that even on there?

BwdLions
08-18-2008, 03:50 PM
yeah but we better be ready for the sooners to smash UT and A&M but hopefully missouri can beat them in the big 12 championship...mizzou is so fun to watch and are bringing back almost all of their defense.....

The sooners won't smash UT. :cool:

DDBooger
08-18-2008, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Mustangpride09
I could easily see Joe McKnight being a heisman finalist. Why is that even on there? he's suffering through some injuries this preseason including two messed up fingers that got smashed by his roomate in a door:eek: yikes!

nobogey72
08-18-2008, 04:26 PM
I think you should add: Go Blue will marry a girl from Region I.

DDBooger
08-18-2008, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
I think you should add: Go Blue will marry a girl from Region I. BUT, will she be better at football than he was:thinking:

PPHSfan
09-15-2008, 01:19 PM
Well I guess I can scratch three of them off already.:p