PDA

View Full Version : Snapped! - No More Eagles Winning Streak

TBrents
10-17-2003, 10:20 PM
Snap! Crackle! Pop!

No, I'm talking about your favorite Saturday morning ceral, I'm describing the sound echoed through War Memorial Stadium as the Liberty Panthers snapped the winning streak of the Barbers Hill Eagles in a 15 to 7 victory.

As predicted, it was a very defensive game, with low scoring on both sides, but in the end braggin' rights go to the team that played the hardest and came out on top, the Liberty Panthers.

Props to all the Eagles fans who showed up to overfill the visiting side, and no loss of respect for the great players from Barbers Hill. I enjoyed the game more than any this season, and I hope the Eagles' fans can share that sentiment.

Great game... and of course I have to say.... I told you so.

Now, where's all those promised congratulations speeches? Haha... much love.

-Tommy B

noitall
10-17-2003, 10:27 PM
Great game. Congrats to the Panthers for the hard fought victory. Congrats to the Eagles also for making this a close game which I knew it would be. Probably the best game from start to finish for Liberty all year so Eagles have nothing to hang thier heads about. Outstanding performance from the Panthers offense and defense and also special teams!!!! Way to go

RBARKER
10-17-2003, 10:51 PM
Here you go Tbrents I said i would be the first on on here. Liberty played excellent ball tonight and deserved the win. As usuall my Eaqgles came out flat in the first half then tried to play catch up. Liberty played their hearts out. On more team in your way Beat Huffman and the title is yours. Good luck to the panthers. This may be just what the Eagles needed.

EAGLETOWN
10-17-2003, 11:07 PM
I posted this on my smack thread but I wanted to make sure all you SMACKERS that helped run that thread up got to see it.

Well the game was as good as we expected.

Liberty 15 BH 7.

I just wanted to be the first to congratulate the Liberty Panthers.

I actually beat RBarker home, cause he dropped me off but I put it on the other SMACK thread.

Liberty fans your team played a really good game tonight and I know we don't need to give you any confidence.

Of course I wish it would have turned out different, but.

I guess our pre-game ritual did not work this week but the BEER was goooooooood.

Good luck the rest of the year I really had fun talking smack with ya Liberty fans.

Oh, and by the way rooting for BH I don't have to eat CROW often but just to let you guys know it tastes like Sh!! no matter how you cook it.

Once again great game and good luck.

P.S. Oh and JETBACK ---- You, before you even say a word.

I guess you won't be back for another month celebrating this BH LOSS.

THANK GOD, or Liberty!!

HEE HEE HEE

pakrat
10-17-2003, 11:47 PM
I read so much smack from the Newton eagles that I thought this was about them. They were undefeated before tonight but now have lost a few feathers and aren't flying so high. Dogcatcher is
eating crow and trying to figure out his sign on smack name for next week.

bhillfan
10-18-2003, 12:15 AM
good job liberty, yall beat us physically and mentally, like posted earlier, yall took it to us the first half and we tried to play catchup but yall never eased up, good luck in the rest of the season

panther_pride_04
10-18-2003, 01:18 AM
to Rbarker....You like that Liberty O-line? wasnt you the noseguard? j/w

RBARKER
10-18-2003, 10:27 AM
panther_pride_04:
to Rbarker....You like that Liberty O-line? wasnt you the noseguard? j/wNope I dont play I'm a 30 somthing has been. But the Liberty O-line was impressive BH had problems putting pressure on the QB all night. Your QB had plenty of time to throw the ball.

noitall
10-18-2003, 01:14 PM
Barbers Hill, you just need to get your QB healthy and you'll be fine. Your offense really mixes things up alot and keeps defenses on thier heels. I guarantee us fans on the Liberty side were nervous up untill the very end. You'll be fine come playoff time and a team to be reckond with in Div. 1. Good luck and we'll be rootin for ya.

hsfan
10-18-2003, 09:58 PM
yes the hill needs the qb to get real healthy since they will be w/out their star rb {casey shows}for at least a week maybe more.chris will do just fine this week.

RBARKER
10-19-2003, 07:31 PM
noitall:
Barbers Hill, you just need to get your QB healthy and you'll be fine. Your offense really mixes things up alot and keeps defenses on thier heels. I guarantee us fans on the Liberty side were nervous up untill the very end. You'll be fine come playoff time and a team to be reckond with in Div. 1. Good luck and we'll be rootin for ya.Thanks for the vote of confidence noitall. BH will be pulling for Liberty also. Once district is over its 22-3A against 21-3A and then the state. Good luck to the panthers.

AggieJohn
10-19-2003, 10:13 PM
noitall:
Barbers Hill, you just need to get your QB healthy and you'll be fine. Your offense really mixes things up alot and keeps defenses on thier heels. I guarantee us fans on the Liberty side were nervous up untill the very end. You'll be fine come playoff time and a team to be reckond with in Div. 1. Good luck and we'll be rootin for ya.Liberty won't go Div 1. they'll go div 2 because the hill always has had more people than we had...bu tthen again i haven't seen the number for this year either...also.... EAGLES....very impressive turnout....i sold tickets at the booth before the game....liberty took in some 2300 dollars or so from ticket sales..that's majorly impressive for a traveling team...props for traveling and supporting....

<small>[ October 19, 2003, 10:15 PM: Message edited by: explayer2001 ]</small>

Jodyisfishing
10-23-2003, 08:45 PM
Man Oh Man....I am not so positive, so follow me for a moment.

I watched the same game and more importantly the same freaking BH offense that was played in week 1,2,3,4,5......etc. Give me a freaking break.....Liberty has got to be expecting a Q-Back Sneak.....Dummies. I went to BH from pre-school through high school and can honestly say I have never seen a more piss-poor offensive coaching staff in my life. What is normally one of the most impressive defenses looked like they had never played football in their life. Credit to Liberty for being able to capitalize on what seemed to be 98% option plays. How they heck can you run 90% option plays, wihtout a passing game, and still be successful.....geez!

We were out coached against Rice Consolidated last year and the Liberty coaches and fine players kicked our butts last week. What I wouldn't give for a Liberty Head Coach on our team, one with spirit and support. Not that bean-pole, grey-headed, arrogant, dip-Sh*t Price.

Coach Price is a dip-lilly from way back who should teach tennis or somehting. His own neigbors hate him and I know that first hand.....what a pompus PRI**. Heck, he even caused one of the greatest women basketball players (Penny Hall) to resign because of his arrogance and inconsiderate management styles.

You get the picture.......go straight to h**l Price, or better yet, go to coaching school!

Now Libery played well and they deserved to win. Crongrats Panthers! See not all negative....

P.S. I hear we are loosing an offense and defense coach at the end of the year?????

eagle08
10-23-2003, 10:19 PM
<small>[ October 23, 2003, 10:47 PM: Message edited by: eagle08 ]</small>

hsfan
10-24-2003, 02:01 PM
what was the eagles record pre price and co.?rice was 2yrs ago if you are talking about that game bh did not have the size or athletes w/speed to match up w/ them.there are a lot of programs who would love to have price and co.

shellman54
10-24-2003, 02:21 PM
I don't get it Jody, if that is your real name. Did he cut you from the team? Did he run over your dog when you were a little kid? Price has done awesome things with Barbers Hill. Before him, the coach we had tried to make his teams play to his style, instead of taking what he had, and playing to their strengths. Price takes what talent he has, and changes his offensive scheme to match it. When I played under Price, we had a lot of big guys, so we played smash mouth football. Now that he has smaller guys and more speed to work with, he relys more on misdirection and speed plays. If that isn't smart coaching, then I don't know what is. Now, no, I don't fully agree with running a QB keeper on fourth and short, but like I said, he was playing to the strength of the team, and Liberty just played it well. Coaches coach, players play, and Barbers Hill wins!!!! (Most of the time!! ) :D

spike
10-24-2003, 02:41 PM
Sounds to me like this Jody guy is a never was who could not cut it on the eagles team. I mean come on, saying Price and co. don't know what they are doing is pretty far fetched.

I know for a fact that I have seen the Liberty head coach make some bad calls too, since you were wishing for him instead of Price. I remember watching them lose to Coldspring last year when the Panthers ran an option play in which the qb pitched the ball and the back got tackled in the endzone for a safety. But that does not necessarily make the Liberty coach stupid any mor than a sneak makes Price incompetent. Besides, Don Price does not call the plays moron, Skidmore does.

QBKilla
10-24-2003, 02:50 PM
Jody, you are a moron and I couldn't disagree more. Thats all I have to say.

Jodyisfishing
10-24-2003, 10:50 PM
I certainly appreciate all the support....hahaha 10 freaking q-back sneaks in a row......YES, you are correct. That is a fine demonstration of a offensive plan. Funny I have not seen any other team do that. You think it might be because the nim-rod running the program and the goober in the press box have no clue? Our players win games, you are correct. Rice Consolidated beat our coaches, not our players. We were a much better team last year, granted, but come on folks.....10 Q-back sneaks in a row......Pee-Wee Herman can do better than that.

trojandad
10-25-2003, 12:30 AM
Spike, you don't remember that safety play against Coldspring very well, bro. Liberty had the ball on the 11 and it was naded off on a sweep around left end, a very reasonable play since they were running sweeps to run the clock out. Ryan Bradford grabbed #15 at the 5 and threw the guy into the end zone, it wasn't an option and it wasn't pitched within 5 yards of the end zone, was just a tremendous play on Bradofrd's part.

I know that doesn't affect the point you were making, but I just wanted to set the story straight before too many years past by and a great LB play turns into a bad call by a coach.