PDA

View Full Version : China Spring Vs LaVega Scrimmage

Rabid Cougar
08-16-2008, 03:01 PM
Chine Spring 1st Team Off. scored 1 TD on La Vega's No 1 Defense.
La Vega's 2nd Team scored a TD on CS 3rd team D.

Overall all defensive play was tough by both teams.

For LV, Parr had some good runs but never broke loose. Ward was off on lots of passes.

For CS, Bell showed good arm strength was accruate but had several drops, one for sure TD. Completed on pretty TD pass to Hicks. Hicks had one of his patented spectacular catches.

It was not the bar room brawel that everyone on here expected. Just good hard hitting with neither side backing down. These players have played each other for too long not to have respect for each other.

CueroDad08
08-16-2008, 03:22 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
[B]Chine Spring 1st Team Off. scored 1 TD on La Ve Vega's 2nd Team scored a TD on CS 3rd team D.

I find it so funny how people can already get on here after just two weeks of two a days and tell everyone who is on 3rd team and who is on 2nd team.
All I can say is there must be a really big fall off from 1st 2nd and 3rd..........in your eyes.

Rabid Cougar
08-16-2008, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by CueroDad08

I find it so funny how people can already get on here after just two weeks of two a days and tell everyone who is on 3rd team and who is on 2nd team.
All I can say is there must be a really big fall off from 1st 2nd and 3rd..........in your eyes.

Easy...
When Parr, Ward, the Hicks brothers, Curl, Kemp, Bell and Boutwell are on the field.... it is the first team.
When they are not, its the rest. AND there is a pretty big fall off.
It doesn't hurt when both teams have the same personnel they had on last years teams. You pretty much know who is who after playing each other since peewee.

You can also HEAR the coaches calling out for specific teams.

LH Panther Mom
08-16-2008, 04:02 PM
[QUOTE]I find it so funny how people can already get on here after just two weeks of two a days and tell everyone who is on 3rd team and who is on 2nd team.
:confused: :confused: We have 1st, 2nd & 3rd teams. Does Cuero not?

SintonFan_inAustin
08-16-2008, 04:04 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
[B]Chine Spring 1st Team Off. scored 1 TD on La Ve Vega's 2nd Team scored a TD on CS 3rd team D.

All I can say is there must be a really big fall off from 1st 2nd and 3rd..........in your eyes. Not all teams have 3 sets of 1st teams, other teams have to call it 1st,2nd and 3rd teams.

Necks_Fan
08-16-2008, 06:06 PM
All I can say is there must be a really big fall off from 1st 2nd and 3rd..........in your eyes. [/B][/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure that when I was at our scrimmage today, I clearly heard Surovik yell "I'm tired of this 2nd group, gimme MY regular defense."

That my friend, is what you call 1st and 2nd group.

smash mouth
08-19-2008, 10:40 PM
just a different perspective from someone who was on the other side of the field this past Saturday.

Ward is the running back that is replacing the older parr - he did not play any offense due to a nagging injury! One of the O line starters saw limited action due to just recently being released from a hand injury, China did score on the first defense but it was on the 3 rd team safety and he had a broken arm. Starter is Ward, and the second team is WILSON (the quarterback) - who looked good early but did struggle later especially when he over throw a wide open WR that would have been a TD. As far as LV scoring on China's 3rd team not sure if it was second or third team but it was the 4th play of the second teams turn - usually don't have 3rd teamers in yet but maybe they did. CS quarter back has definitely matured and will be a very good QB with his dad and his brother tutoring him. Hicks as always will be a major force -- overall it was a defensive scrimmage - much to my suprise, I figured it would be an offensive showcase on both sides.

And as far as this bar room brawl you were expecting - sorry but it was only a scrimmage and I know that is the way LV approached it. There was no revenge factor- We beat you guys early and you beat us when it counted more we wanted to win and were down for a long time but it is a new season and looking back will only get us beat this year.

LH Panther Mom
08-19-2008, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by smash mouth
just a different perspective from someone who was on the other side of the field this past Saturday.
Welcome! :)

smash mouth
08-19-2008, 10:55 PM
I have been on here reading for about 2 years just never posted but I enjoy the site! maybe from time to time I will post now- probably not as much as the regulars - ha ha

BwdLions
08-20-2008, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by smash mouth
I have been on here reading for about 2 years just never posted but I enjoy the site! maybe from time to time I will post now- probably not as much as the regulars - ha ha

Wow, that's commendable how could you read for two years without posting? I get on here some days and think I'll just read and not post, but it doesn't take long after reading some of the stuff posted on here to get me fired up. :p

Rabid Cougar
08-20-2008, 10:38 PM
My apologies on the mix up of player names.

I too expected more scoring. As I said both sides were bringing it on defense. If you look at the 22 starting Defensive players from both teams, 16 or 17 were starters at the Floyd last season.

smash mouth
08-20-2008, 10:54 PM
who do you guys scrimmage this week?

cshscougar08
08-21-2008, 03:03 PM
We scrimmage Salado tonight at 7 I think. In Salado. It should be a good one for us. Salado is pretty big and physical, kinda a smaller version of La Vega. Should be fun.

Rabid Cougar
08-21-2008, 05:15 PM
It was moved to China Spring at 7:30 pm. tonight.

smash mouth
08-21-2008, 11:18 PM
how did it go? We had Gatesville - they moved the ball a little but never scored on our 1's. Our offense had a big night scoring 5 times