PDA

View Full Version : rain rain rain in the panhandle

STANG RED
08-16-2008, 09:08 AM
If you need rain in your area, just start up a wind farm project. These things are rain magnets.

Seems like every wind farm project I get a good start on will automatically start getting more rain than they have had in a decade. Actually they need lots of rain up here to fill up the few lakes they have (which are all very low), but it sure is tough to build a windfarm in torrential downpours.:(

I heard on the weather this morning that Hereford and Borger are having some flooding problems.

Lion_Addict
08-16-2008, 09:16 AM
We're finally getting some much needed rain here in the WOOD! Gonna be a lazy day :)

STANG RED
08-16-2008, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
We're finally getting some much needed rain here in the WOOD! Gonna be a lazy day :)

What is your lake level down there? I think it was full the last time I was down there a couple years ago. I cant imagine that its gotten too low, has it?

Looking4number8
08-16-2008, 10:15 AM
Lake is a little over 3 1/2 ft low. Thats not bad though. Still lots and lots of water in the lake. We have been very lucky the last several years.

Here is a link to the water improvement district. Always has the current level.

http://www.bcwid.org/

Mcguirk
08-16-2008, 10:23 AM
Did Sweetwater get any of the rain from last night(friday /saturday morning)? We have got over 5 inches since about 4 am., just outside Abilene city limits. Houses down the street almost have water in them. Has Lake Sweetwater caught any rain? A few years ago, everyone I knew that lived on the lake were having to mow extra acreage because of the low water level.

ziggy29
08-16-2008, 12:39 PM
We really need this to drop down to the center of the state. We're about to start drinking dust down here, and Edouard was a real fizzler -- the rainmaker that wasn't...

Sweetwater Red
08-16-2008, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Mcguirk
Did Sweetwater get any of the rain from last night(friday /saturday morning)? We have got over 5 inches since about 4 am., just outside Abilene city limits. Houses down the street almost have water in them. Has Lake Sweetwater caught any rain? A few years ago, everyone I knew that lived on the lake were having to mow extra acreage because of the low water level.

We got plenty lastnight. I'm not sure of the total inches though.
The lake is full thanks to the tropical storm that sat down over
the Big Country this time last year.

Maroon87
08-16-2008, 01:01 PM
We had some pretty heavy storms come through here yesterday...looks like we could have more today.

piratebg
08-20-2008, 03:01 PM
Non sports related.