PDA

View Full Version : wharton football

bc 76
09-06-2002, 09:05 AM
htownfbman give me your honest opinion on the tiger football program.i know its still early in the season but from what ive been told the kids have no dicipline.what ive been told the coaches have lost control of the kids.there have been a couple of heated arguements bettween players & coaches.kids feel they have not been given a fair chance to play,yet a couple of kids were told they would start even before 2 days started with no varsity exerience

Crow22
09-06-2002, 12:47 PM
Welcome to Wharton football!!

More talent than the Miami Hurricanes and more "rap" sheets, too.

I think there's a proposal before the school board to change the mascot from "Tigers" to the Wharton "Gangster Wannabe Underachievers"

Sounds good.

Originally posted by bc 76:
htownfbman give me your honest opinion on the tiger football program.i know its still early in the season but from what ive been told the kids have no dicipline.what ive been told the coaches have lost control of the kids.there have been a couple of heated arguements bettween players & coaches.kids feel they have not been given a fair chance to play,yet a couple of kids were told they would start even before 2 days started with no varsity exerience

bc 76
09-06-2002, 01:40 PM
Crow 22 i dont blame the kids the coaching staff created this problem.Coaching staff seems to think 2 kids make the whole team,and its created a lot of bad feelings between the players.And another problem was created when a kid that played de last year was beat out played qb beat out played te beat out,starts game one as a starter in the off line.Im really sorry to post such negative stuff but i sick of seeing this happen every year.I feel for the kids because they deserve better leadership.

Crow22
09-06-2002, 01:47 PM
Well, whatever the case, going into Wharton is like walking into a warzone. I would rather spend a lifetime in a Singapore prison than spend one year coaching in Wharton.

Originally posted by bc 76:
Crow 22 i dont blame the kids the coaching staff created this problem.Coaching staff seems to think 2 kids make the whole team,and its created a lot of bad feelings between the players.And another problem was created when a kid that played de last year was beat out played qb beat out played te beat out,starts game one as a starter in the off line.Im really sorry to post such negative stuff but i sick of seeing this happen every year.I feel for the kids because they deserve better leadership.

htownfbman
09-08-2002, 01:01 AM
i believe that the program is overall in ok shape, but the coaches let a few select players get away with anything. I feel that this is probably the biggest problem in the program because 90% of the players are good kids, but when they see that these few players get very special treatment it makes them feel that all the work they do is in vain because those 4 or 5 guys are the only ones the coaches truly act like they care about. the kid that has played qb, de, and now is on OL has only done that because he is willing to play anywhere if that is what his team needs him to do. He is a very versatile athlete and seems to have done well at all 3, although he has only played in one game and one scrimmage on OL.

bc 76
09-08-2002, 07:04 AM
I agree most of the kids are good kids,but the point i was trying to make about the kid that played all of those positions ,is that there were 2 kids a head of this kid i feel they were not given a fair chance to win that position.T coaches talk to the kids about working hard to win a position and this kid is just handed that postion with no experience stuff like this is just killing this program cause i see happen every year.I would like to say that this kid is a very good kid and a top student.Our jv & frosh teams look very good.The discipline problem needs to be taken care of now or its going to be a long season for the tigers.

PISSonU
09-08-2002, 09:03 PM
Wharton lost to a good COlumbus team and all of a sudden everyone has given up. True, the players have "what about me" attitudes, I hear but blaming the coaches is ridiculous. It takes as long to change a town's attitude as it does to start a winning tradition. I bet they miss Jessie these days.....

oldbuff78
09-08-2002, 09:11 PM
Is Russel Roberts the head coach?

bc 76
09-09-2002, 06:21 AM
Yes RUSSEL ROBERTS IS THE HEAD COACH.

whtfbplaya
09-09-2002, 01:50 PM
Oh, and by the way, if you are going to talk about individual players don't be afraid to tell us who you are. Don't use your screen name to talk about people. If someone is out there it's because it's the best we have, or at least the person that knows the plays.

-Wharton Football Team

[This message has been edited by whtfbplaya (edited September 09, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by whtfbplaya (edited September 09, 2002).]

bc 76
09-09-2002, 03:08 PM
I did not mention anybody by name other than the head coach.I do know everybody knows who im talking about.There were alot of upset people after the loss to the columbus cardinals and they had every right to be.Like i said before we have 9 people back on offense we should have lid up that score board cause we have that kind of talent.Its very hard to be positive when this happens every year.I really hope this year im proven wrong for the players sake.

PISSonU
09-09-2002, 05:40 PM
Why doesn't Wharton play Hungerford? Kinda makes ya wanna boot scoot back to Bay City , don't it? :-)

whtfbplaya
09-09-2002, 08:47 PM
PISSonU--You can go back to snook and bring your team over for an ass whopin, if thats the way you feel.

PISSonU
09-09-2002, 10:43 PM
Bring it on, wittle Wharton weasel... Now go call the waaaaambulance.

GoStangs
09-11-2002, 02:19 PM
OK, most of you are pretty accurate in your assessments, save Crow22. Wharton is not nearly that bad of a town. I have a buddy that lives there, I've been there many times, and it's actually a nice town.

As for that player you keep talking about, from what I understand, he's only played DE and TE (last year), and was being tried out at OL early this season because he has 2 injured shoulders that can't take the pounding on defense. Incidentally, he played qb on the JV as a soph...never on varsity.