PDA

View Full Version : CC West Oso

tarpon84
08-15-2008, 03:05 PM
Is CC West Oso as good as advertised ? They r ranked as high as 7 on some polls. What r yalls thoughts ?

Phil C
08-15-2008, 03:12 PM
BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR!!

popcorn screen
08-15-2008, 03:17 PM
Overrated until they beat an established program.

IHStangFan
08-15-2008, 03:18 PM
I think it is based solely on the fact that they returned the most starters of any team in 30/31 3A, which in the last couple of years has been decent with Ingleside. What they (the people making the polls) don't realize is that the district is going to be down this year. Oso may win that district, but that'll probably be about it.

pirate4state
08-15-2008, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
I think it is based solely on the fact that they returned the most starters of any team in 30/31 3A, which in the last couple of years has been decent with Ingleside. What they (the people making the polls) don't realize is that the district is going to be down this year. Oso may win that district, but that'll probably be about it. They do have some speed, but I think everyone in our district is aware of what happens to Oso when you pop 'em in the mouth early & often.

sotxrat
08-15-2008, 04:04 PM
I think this is a great match up for both teams in week 0. With PI catching this game at home it is a plus. WO is returning the most starters but of these returning players, how many are the same returning starters on both sides of the ball. As usual, WO is very limited on the amount of players and this can and does work against them in tough games. I saw their qb work a little in some 7 on 7 games this summer and he is not bad at all, can throw with authority and is rather big for a south texas 3a team. They return 2 qualilty running backs as well. They will be a force with in district but no much of one anywhere else.
I think PI takes this game rather easily, because the tarpons will physically be ready to play and the bears will still need some time to get their legs. But if the tarpons somehow lose, their coach is good enough to make it a great positive to build on.

CueroDad08
08-15-2008, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by popcorn screen

Agree............The rankings are nothing but what on paper someone would think should happen.
They look at past
1. History (what they did last year)
2. Starters that will return
3. The Distric and preseason
4. There Staff

But what most need to really use to rank teams is
1. How will they match up with another ranked team.

And as I look over the top 25
There is a few that I have no clue why there in.

Ingleside Fan
08-15-2008, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
when you pop 'em in the mouth early & often.

Your correct on that, heard that exact statement for a coach the other day.;)

SintonFan_inAustin
08-15-2008, 06:51 PM
Tarpons should be improved from last year but they are about the same type of team as West Oso. WO ranking is to high as they are good enough to compete against some good teams but not beat them. Should be a good test for PI as they will face some speedy backs that they dont see in the valley. i think its a toss up pick as it most likely come down to who gets penalized the most that loses the game.

IHStangFan
08-15-2008, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
Tarpons should be improved from last year but they are about the same type of team as West Oso. WO ranking is to high as they are good enough to compete against some good teams but not beat them. Should be a good test for PI as they will face some speedy backs that they dont see in the valley. i think its a toss up pick as it most likely come down to who gets penalized the most that loses the game. brilliant! :clap: I agree 100%

piratebg
08-15-2008, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by popcorn screen

I second that.....or third that......whatever. :D

Blastoderm55
08-15-2008, 09:23 PM
We'll see come week one when they host Beeville. I'll be watching the game from Disneyworld. :D