PDA

View Full Version : Is it really the schools fault

Pick6
08-15-2008, 09:25 AM
Only in California.

Parent's sue school for their son wearing make-up (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/08/15/national/main4352479.shtml?source=RSSattr=HOME_4352479)

Ranger Mom
08-15-2008, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by Pick6
Only in California.

Parent's sue school for their son wearing make-up (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/08/15/national/main4352479.shtml?source=RSSattr=HOME_4352479)

Geez!!:rolleyes:

Let's blame the school for this little detail too:

King was a ward of the court and living at a shelter for abused, neglected and emotionally troubled children at the time of the shooting.

shankbear
08-15-2008, 09:29 AM
You reap what you sow.

LH Panther Mom
08-15-2008, 09:44 AM
I'm sure this will be taken the wrong way, but if the school had not "allowed" the boy to wear makeup, etc., I could see the parents suing for discrimination.

CHS_89
08-15-2008, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I'm sure this will be taken the wrong way, but if the school had not "allowed" the boy to wear makeup, etc., I could see the parents suing for discrimination.

Some people (not all people) are always looking for someone to sue for something these days. How about focusing your efforts on the gunman.

Ranger Mom
08-15-2008, 09:54 AM

http://www.poweredbydanger.com/forums/images/miscsmilies/exactly.gif

Pick6
08-15-2008, 09:56 AM

Just more proof that having uniforms isn't such a bad thing.

Rabbit'93
08-15-2008, 10:27 AM
Just more proof that having uniforms isn't such a bad thing. *in my most sarcastic tone* "but the kdis wouldn't have freedom of expression if they had to wear uniforms"

BILLYFRED0000
08-15-2008, 10:47 AM
Yes if the school did not uphold their dress code and allowed the student to feel like he could do this and get away with it. If they had followed their own rules instead if engendering a "if it feels good do it" mentality it would not have happened.

Pick6
08-15-2008, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93
*in my most sarcastic tone* "but the kdis wouldn't have freedom of expression if they had to wear uniforms"

I agree with you 100%. Kids need to go through some type of camp or training to "earn" some of their freedoms. Freedom isn't free, it is and was earned, so why do most people act like it is free?

Necks_Fan
08-15-2008, 10:51 AM
This is stupid.

Phantom Stang
08-15-2008, 11:32 AM
I agree with you 100%. Kids need to go through some type of camp or training to "earn" some of their freedoms. Freedom isn't free, it is and was earned, so why do most people act like it is free? You think a boy should have to go though some kind of camp or training before he gets to wear makeup??:eek:

DDBooger
08-15-2008, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
You think a boy should have to go though some kind of camp or training before he gets to wear makeup??:eek: depends if he's interning for some senators or congressman who have had a penchant for that thing lately! haha :D

NateDawg39
08-15-2008, 11:38 AM
Im sorry but, Larry King? Poor kid had a rough life and a rough name...

Mcguirk
08-15-2008, 07:55 PM
The article doesn't even come close to telling the whole story. The kid had emotional problems big time, and if I remember correctly was accused of sexually harassing the kid who shot him. Not saying it was justified, that's what the foster father of the young man that was killed said. Newsweek did a pretty long report on this. I don't know the rules about linking stories, but you can look it up. Sad situation all around.

Necks_Fan
08-15-2008, 08:05 PM
Kids need to go through some type of camp or training to "earn" some of their freedoms. Let me get this straight.

Kids need to go to a camp to earn freedom?

What exactly would kids do at the camp?

Freedom was earned in the 1700's. Our soldiers fight to keep it that way. As far as I know, you have to be 18 to serve in the military.

This is a whack idea.

Pick6
08-15-2008, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
Let me get this straight.

Kids need to go to a camp to earn freedom?

What exactly would kids do at the camp?

Freedom was earned in the 1700's. Our soldiers fight to keep it that way. As far as I know, you have to be 18 to serve in the military.

This is a whack idea.

Whack? I guess that's kid language.

News alert for you. People are still fighting for freedom. The point is when kids say they have freedom of speech or something like that, it's annoying. Most kids in high school or below haven't done anything constructive for our Country, yet the cry for freedom of expression. Do something to earn that freedom, Quit taking it for granted.

Necks_Fan
08-15-2008, 09:50 PM
Whack? I guess that's kid language.

News alert for you. People are still fighting for freedom. The point is when kids say they have freedom of speech or something like that, it's annoying. Most kids in high school or below haven't done anything constructive for our Country, yet the cry for freedom of expression. Do something to earn that freedom, Quit taking it for granted. I'm pretty sure this was stupidest post ever.

1. I already established that our "soldiers fight to keep it that way."
2. You have to be 18 to serve in the army. How exactly do you suggest that kids earn that freedom when they are in 6th grade?
3. You never explained what kids would do at our "freedom earning camp."
4. I for one, try not to take things for granted, and I sure as hell don't use that "freedom of this or that" as an outlet. My brother is in Iraq as of this very second earning his freedom so to speak.

I see you dogging on kids when they are just as many adults using this same retarded BS as an outlet. Of course kids are easy to pick on though. Most don't know much and are going through phases of youth.

Forget why I say though. Send me to a camp to earn my freedom.