PDA

View Full Version : Brett Favre is pathetic

Old Tiger
08-13-2008, 08:21 PM
he said something about feeling old after the practices, his arm being tired, and wondering what the hell he's doing out there

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :mad: :hand:

Necks_Fan
08-13-2008, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
he said something about wondering what the hell he's doing out there He didn't say this to my knowledge. As far as I know, he said how he is 38 and the arm is a bit fitgued and that he is 38 and it will take some time. I don't remember anything about "feeling old" and "wondering what the hell he is doing out there."

:hand:

LH Panther Mom
08-13-2008, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
He didn't say this to my knowledge. As far as I know, he said how he is 38 and the arm is a bit fitgued and that he is 38 and it will take some time. I don't remember anything about "feeling old" and "wondering what the hell he is doing out there."

:hand:
That's what was said on the news I was watching earlier.

zebrablue2
08-13-2008, 09:23 PM
he said something about feeling old after the practices, his arm being tired, and wondering what the hell he's doing out there

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :mad: :hand:

I believe you know what he is doing out there. Making more money than U will ever dream of. Feeling about as old as you will feel at 25. Playing a game he loves to play. Nothing pathetic about that I can see..:hand:

Ranger Mom
08-13-2008, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
I believe you know what he is doing out their. Making more money than U will ever dream of. Feeling about as old as you will feel at 25. Playing a game he loves to play. Nothing pathetic about that I can see..:hand:

I'm sure everyone has their own opinion. I no longer have any respect for him....and I used to like him a lot!!

zebrablue2
08-13-2008, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I'm sure everyone has their own opinion. I no longer have any respect for him....and I used to like him a lot!!

what caused you to lose respect for him? he retired, and decided to come back. I lost respect for the packers. they had the story of the year. believe me, the packer fans wish he was still in green bay. it was his team, and city...

Old Tiger
08-13-2008, 09:38 PM
what caused you to lose respect for him? he retired, and decided to come back. I lost respect for the packers. they had the story of the year. believe me, the packer fans wish he was still in green bay. it was his team, and city... Are you serious?

- he retired
- packers moved on
- he came back
- packers didn't want him

if anything hate him for what he put the packers through

if its anyones city its bart starr's

Ranger Mom
08-13-2008, 09:40 PM
what caused you to lose respect for him? he retired, and decided to come back. I lost respect for the packers. they had the story of the year. believe me, the packer fans wish he was still in green bay. it was his team, and city...

Wishy washy people are one my biggest pet peaves! How many times did he threaten to retire, and when he finally does it he comes back...just like an annoying gnat!

IMO, he put the Packers in an impossible situation....and what about Aaron Rogers?? I gained lots of respect for him throughout this whole debacle!

Were the Packers supposed to just sit around and wait and make sure he meant what he said? Or, were they expected to move ahead and make the best team out of what they had? Were they just supposed to kick Rogers to the curb because Favre decided maybe he was too hasty in this decision?

zebrablue2
08-13-2008, 09:47 PM
Are you serious?

- he retired
- packers moved on
- he came back
- packers didn't want him

if anything hate him for what he put the packers through

if its anyones city its bart starr's

you us the word hate for just a game, and one the packers make tons of money on. you are right. it is still a starr city. a person has the right to change their mind. packer's not wanting him was their bad. JMO.

zebrablue2
08-13-2008, 09:48 PM
Wishy washy people are one my biggest pet peaves! How many times did he threaten to retire, and when he finally does it he comes back...just like an annoying gnat!

IMO, he put the Packers in an impossible situation....and what about Aaron Rogers?? I gained lots of respect for him throughout this whole debacle!

Were the Packers supposed to just sit around and wait and make sure he meant what he said? Or, were they expected to move ahead and make the best team out of what they had? Were they just supposed to kick Rogers to the curb because Favre decided maybe he was too hasty in this decision?

I respect your opinion..

Necks_Fan
08-13-2008, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
That's what was said on the news I was watching earlier. Are you agreeing with me or GB?

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
08-13-2008, 10:04 PM
How do any of you know that he wasn't forced out? Everyone likes to think that they know every detail in every story, but they really don't. Brett has always been a class act so I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt. If he proves otherwise, then the worst case scenario involves me being wrong about it, but it really is the least of my worries at the end of the day.

Necks_Fan
08-13-2008, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
How do any of you know that he wasn't forced out? Everyone likes to think that they know every detail in every story, but they really don't. Brett has always been a class act so I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt. If he proves otherwise, then the worst case scenario involves me being wrong about it, but it really is the least of my worries at the end of the day. I agree totally. I think it is very good for GB, because he came back, it's a win win for them. They still get to move on with Aaron and he goes to the Jets AND they get draft picks out of it.....

I think it's not a big deal either way. The media made it out to be really ugly, and by the way GB treated Brett, I think Brett got done worse for having to go through all of that.

Ranger Mom
08-13-2008, 10:09 PM
How do any of you know that he wasn't forced out? Everyone likes to think that they know every detail in every story, but they really don't. Brett has always been a class act so I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt. If he proves otherwise, then the worst case scenario involves me being wrong about it, but it really is the least of my worries at the end of the day.

Just the fact that he announced he was retiring and the Packers moved on....and then he decided he had "the itch" and expected everyone to stop what they were doing to accommodate him and let him pick up right where he left off was enough to turn my stomach!!

How is that for a run-on sentence!!:D

Necks_Fan
08-13-2008, 10:11 PM
Just the fact that he announced he was retiring and the Packers moved on....and then he decided he had "the itch" and expected everyone to stop what they were doing to accommodate him and let him pick up right where he left off was enough to turn my stomach!!

How is that for a run-on sentence!!:D I think you missed BBDE's point. He was saying how do you know he wasn't FORCED out? They obviously didn't want him.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
08-13-2008, 10:12 PM

How is that for a run-on sentence!!:D

I don't think it happened like that. I can understand why he wanted to come back, many who have played the game can empathize with him on that standpoint. Maybe he knew he was going to be traded and there was something that happened with the Packers where they forced him out and he wanted to play anywhere, Packers or with someone else. He rolled the dice and tried to see what happened. This is it.

popcorn screen
08-13-2008, 10:34 PM
What is he doing out there? Playing the game he loves. Possibly helping to lead the JETS to a playoff berth. I am sure you can trash the IRONMAN of professional football, take his place and do much better.:hand:

Ranger Mom
08-13-2008, 10:40 PM
I don't think it happened like that. I can understand why he wanted to come back, many who have played the game can empathize with him on that standpoint. Maybe he knew he was going to be traded and there was something that happened with the Packers where they forced him out and he wanted to play anywhere, Packers or with someone else. He rolled the dice and tried to see what happened. This is it.

Oh well, I guess in the long run it doesn't matter THAT much to me anyway. I didn't root for the Packers with Favre and I won't root for them with Rogers either.

My heart will always belong to the Cowboys!!
:D

pirate4state
08-13-2008, 10:54 PM
:rolleyes:

Really? Another thread about Brett Favre?

"Ya gotta let it go man!"

Big Papa
08-13-2008, 11:06 PM
I think you missed BBDE's point. He was saying how do you know he wasn't FORCED out? They obviously didn't want him.

i think you missed her point.. she only said he announced it.. not why he did it...

but seriously, did they force him to retire.. i mean it didnt stop him from coming back.. did he just all of a sudden grow a pair and decide to man up and not let them force him to retire.. how did they force him to retire and then they werent able to keep him gone...

Old Tiger
08-14-2008, 01:17 AM
I agree totally. I think it is very good for GB, because he came back, it's a win win for them. They still get to move on with Aaron and he goes to the Jets AND they get draft picks out of it.....

I think it's not a big deal either way. The media made it out to be really ugly, and by the way GB treated Brett, I think Brett got done worse for having to go through all of that. brett's family is the ones who went to the media :rolleyes:

Necks_Fan
08-14-2008, 01:22 AM
brett's family is the ones who went to the media :rolleyes: This has to do with something I said, how?

I said, the media has made it out to be really ugly.... and I also said that I thought Brett got done worse than GB....

Not that I care too much one way or the other.

Old Tiger
08-14-2008, 02:49 AM
This has to do with something I said, how?

I said, the media has made it out to be really ugly.... and I also said that I thought Brett got done worse than GB....

Not that I care too much one way or the other. you said the media made it a big deal.....brett favre made it a big deal along with his family

BreckTxLonghorn
08-14-2008, 11:24 AM
you said the media made it a big deal.....brett favre made it a big deal along with his family

I agree; however, you have to agree that the media took the story and ran with it. Hell, espn even put 'FAVRE' as a topic on its bottom line.

Old Tiger
08-14-2008, 11:31 AM
True true....I bet john madden nearly blew a load when he heard favre was going to be a jet :D

http://www.youtube.com/v/XBW7ysPcbT0&hl=en&fs=1

Pick6
08-14-2008, 11:44 AM
To the one's who thinks Farve didn't do anything wrong. Do you think that the Packers would of wasted 2 draft picks on QB's if Farve hadn't retired?

forum_guy
08-14-2008, 11:49 AM
to be honest the person that started this thread and also the people that think favre is pathetic are the real pathetic ones....wow he wanted to come back and play...big deal...and like bbde said how do we know he was not forced out....and its going to be great to watch the jets make the playoffs for the first time in a while...

Buckeye1980
08-14-2008, 11:49 AM
Let me see , he feels old and tired and wonders why he is here? Sounds like alot of high school, college and pro players feel afeter first practice , but they continue because they love the game .

By the way I ask my self everyday why I am at work :thinking:

IHStangFan
08-14-2008, 01:13 PM

Were the Packers supposed to just sit around and wait and make sure he meant what he said? Or, were they expected to move ahead and make the best team out of what they had? Were they just supposed to kick Rogers to the curb because Favre decided maybe he was too hasty in this decision? amen sista!! PREACH IT!

forum_guy
08-14-2008, 01:53 PM

yeah all that is true but how does that justify hating brett favre....he did absolutely nothing wrong..

Pick6
08-14-2008, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by forum_guy
yeah all that is true but how does that justify hating brett favre....he did absolutely nothing wrong..

As I said earlier, he forced the Packers to use draft picks for another QB. If they were to bring him back it would of ruined their whole draft.

3afan
08-14-2008, 01:59 PM
brett's family is the ones who went to the media :rolleyes:

why do you hate BF so much?

tell the truth now .........

Ranger Mom
08-14-2008, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by forum_guy

I don't have to justify hating or not hating Brett Favre, I never said ANYTHING about hating him. I just said I have lost respect for him.....two completely different things!!

pirate4state
08-14-2008, 02:07 PM
you said the media made it a big deal.....brett favre made it a big deal along with his family and now YOU are making it a big deal here with these "brett updates" :ack!:

you are now just as guilty as the media...

you say you don't like him & are sick of hearing about him yet here you are posting about him! :doh:

OldBison75
08-14-2008, 03:03 PM
It dosen't make any difference what brought about the "retirement". Farve decided to try again and because of the league rules, he was at the mercy of the Packers because they held his rights. He told them from the first that if he would love to play for them if he was given a chance to be the starter. They said no and he asked to be released from contract. They refused and decided to try and buy him out with a personal services contract that would keep him from playing for any other team for 10 years. He refused and was then traded.

If a person wants to have a job and the former employer tries to deny that opportunity in the real world, you would sue GO Blue. Farve was not mistreated, but he was a smart business man.

mistanice
08-14-2008, 03:04 PM
So is Brett a good pickup for FF? :confused:

OldBison75
08-14-2008, 03:08 PM
He was one of the top rated QB's last year and I believe he will be better this year since he has something to prove.

Old Tiger
08-14-2008, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
why do you hate BF so much?

tell the truth now ......... I don't hate Brett Favre I just hate the way people who like him act. It's like he can't do nothing wrong and he is the be all end all of the QB position

Old Tiger
08-14-2008, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
It dosen't make any difference what brought about the "retirement". Farve decided to try again and because of the league rules, he was at the mercy of the Packers because they held his rights. He told them from the first that if he would love to play for them if he was given a chance to be the starter. They said no and he asked to be released from contract. They refused and decided to try and buy him out with a personal services contract that would keep him from playing for any other team for 10 years. He refused and was then traded.

If a person wants to have a job and the former employer tries to deny that opportunity in the real world, you would sue GO Blue. Farve was not mistreated, but he was a smart business man. contract brother he was still binded by it

Macarthur
08-14-2008, 04:18 PM
I've lost most respect for him because he's been a drama queen for the last several years. He's put the Packers through this same crap the last several years. This year, the Packers said they were not going to be held hostage so they forced him to give them a decision. He did, and they moved on.

Buckeye1980
08-14-2008, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
As I said earlier, he forced the Packers to use draft picks for another QB. If they were to bring him back it would of ruined their whole draft.

I do not think he "FORCED " the Packers to do anything, they picked who they cause they wanted to

Necks_Fan
08-14-2008, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
To the one's who thinks Farve didn't do anything wrong. Do you think that the Packers would of wasted 2 draft picks on QB's if Farve hadn't retired? They probably would have drafted 1, but they got the other pick back from the jets anyway, so it doesn't really matter. I think Favre was pressured into retiring.

SNYDER325TIGERS
08-14-2008, 09:50 PM
Well I don't like him anymore, but I understand why the packers did not want him...he's not getting them anywhere in my opinion. Now not to stir you Farve fans up.
:D

SNYDER325TIGERS
08-14-2008, 10:01 PM
http://i33.tinypic.com/2jcen3s.jpg

Necks_Fan
08-14-2008, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by SNYDER325TIGERS
Well I don't like him anymore, but I understand why the packers did not want him...he's not getting them anywhere in my opinion. Now not to stir you Farve fans up.
:D I aint a packer fan, but he did get them to 13-3 and to the NFC championship.

Rocket
08-14-2008, 10:14 PM
I aint a packer fan, but he did get them to 13-3 and to the NFC championship.

Brett Favre is uncoachable. That is why the Packers couldn't bring him back. He has a limited playbook. He will not learn a new playbook. You have to accommodate him and what he wants to do. Heck, he didnt even listen to Holmgren back in the day. He changes plays all the time. Yes he had a great season last season because he DIDN"T FORCE THE BALL AND GUNSLING. But toward the end of the season, the old Favre peeped his head back up.

2 questions that Green Bay answered...

Is Favre good enough to win another Super Bowl? No.

Do we want to wait 2 more years to start rebuilding toward another Super Bowl? No.

Ranger Mom
08-14-2008, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
Brett Favre is uncoachable. That is why the Packers couldn't bring him back. He has a limited playbook. He will not learn a new playbook. You have to accommodate him and what he wants to do. Heck, he didnt even listen to Holmgren back in the day. He changes plays all the time. Yes he had a great season last season because he DIDN"T FORCE THE BALL AND GUNSLING. But toward the end of the season, the old Favre peeped his head back up.

Do we want to wait 2 more years to start rebuilding toward another Super Bowl? No.

:ditto: :iagree:

Old Tiger
08-14-2008, 10:18 PM
:ditto: :iagree: :ditto: :iagree:

Ranger Mom
08-14-2008, 10:29 PM
:ditto: :iagree:

Copy Cat

http://www.pagebuilder-partners.com/file/images/copy_cat.jpg

Macarthur
08-15-2008, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Rocket

I tend to agree with you but do you have a source for this info?

ronwx5x
08-15-2008, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Macarthur
I tend to agree with you but do you have a source for this info?

Perhaps it is opinion rather than "info". Must all opinions be proven?:cool:

In this case the source may just be Rocket.

Rocket
08-15-2008, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
Perhaps it is opinion rather than "info". Must all opinions be proven?:cool:

In this case the source may just be Rocket.

I love a challenge..

Link to the Story (http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy/nfl/news?slug=ab-rotoarcade_081108)
Roto Arcade: Big Cheese to the Big Apple

By Andy Behrens
August 11, 2008

This feature was originally posted at Roto Arcade, the Yahoo! fantasy sports blog. Please follow the link, then bookmark it. And then email it to everyone you know. Our experts are posting new content at Roto Arcade every day.

But that gets us to another problem: the Jets offense and the Packers offense are not identical, and we can't simply assume that Favre is the only piece of the equation that needs to adjust. Recall what an NFL source told Jason Cole recently:

“Brett is a sandlot guy. When (Mike) Holmgren was there, half the time he didn’t even run the play that Holmgren (called). He just threw it where he felt like,” the source said. “Go back to the Super Bowl (victory over New England in 1997). That first touchdown pass to (Andre) Rison. That wasn’t the play that was called.

“With Brett, what you’re going to do with him is find his 10 favorite plays and run those most of the time. Forget him learning your whole playbook. That’s not going to work for him.”

You're not going to see Favre simply shoe-horned into what the Jets were doing last year. That team was seriously limited by the quality of the line and the quarterback. You can only be so conservative with Favre at the controls, regardless of Brian Schottenheimer's preferences. Favre is only three years removed from season in which he threw 29 interceptions. That's easy to forget, given last year's brilliance."

Another story

It is also funny how Favre and Coach McCarthy had irreconcilable differences. They spent hours talking and could never come to an agreement. The details of this were not discussed, but you can believe it was a powerplay and the Coach was trying to take the reigns from Favre. They probably had spent the whole offseason developing a new offense and Favre didn't want to bend on it, but who knows for sure. See story below...

Favre vs. McCarthy (http://www.gazettextra.com/news/2008/aug/05/packers-favre-seem-have-irreconcilable-differences/)

;)