PDA

View Full Version : tarpons over the badgers

MR.T TARPON21
11-14-2002, 01:13 PM
even though the badgers are pretty good .
they have no idea just how good the tarpons are.
they are gonna have a long ride back home. the tarpons will advance .
score
tarpons 45
badgers 7
go big blue !!!!!

:D
ap your next! :p
PS GOOD LUCK TO ALL VALLY TEAMS!

<small>[ November 14, 2002, 04:21 PM: Message edited by: MR.T TARPON21 ]</small>

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-14-2002, 11:00 PM
Is that you Missle??? What happened to KoolTarpon21??? Can't use it anymore???

Anyway, i'm also going to predict a 45-7 win for the Tarpons.

By the way, what's with the Tarpons and the number 45?? You guys have scored 45 points in four games! (45-0 over Rio Hondo, 45-0 over Lyford, 45-0 over Progreso, and 45-14 over Raymondville) Just like to know what's up with that....???

Gobbla2001
11-14-2002, 11:12 PM
It's not the first time for Coach Stump...

All 1997 District Scores (under his offense, and in no special order):

42-0
42-0
56-0
57-0
57-0

(Yah, we shut out district)...

God Bless Coach Stump and his Tarpons, that is until (if) we meet at Regionals...

Kool Tarpon 21
11-15-2002, 06:56 AM
No it's not me. It's somebody else. Coach Stumbaugh won't let us score more than 45 points. We could have scored a lot more points for every team we have played in district, but Coach Stump does not like running up the score. I understand why he does that. Us ending up with 45 points on 4 games points is just a big coincidence. Well, we have some Badgers to take care of. Hope to see you all there.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-15-2002, 11:09 AM
Oh, ok. Gotcha. Coach Monty is a good man. I could see where you could have easily scored 60 or even 70 on some of the teams in district.

I kinda was thinking that 45 was in a sense sort of symbolic, after Los Fresnos hung 42 on us, and we came a TD short. Maybe if the game had gone into OT, PI would have won with a FG to win 45-42. I'm sure you can understand how I came up with that scenario....

Anyway, unfortunately I won't be in town THIS weekend, but will be down for sure NEXT weekend. But first things first, take care of business tonight and go get you some Badgers. I'll see you next week.

GO BIG BLUE!!!!!!!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-15-2002, 01:30 PM
PI 37
Bishop 6

next week will be a good test for ya'll. so study hard cause next week maybe a harder. :D :D :D

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-15-2002, 02:12 PM
Here's an article I found from http://www.valleystar.com

Tarpons take on Bishop at Sam Stadium tonight

By M.E. Benavides
The Brownsville Herald

PORT ISABEL — Port Isabel is set to make its second consecutive postseason appearance when the Tarpons take on Bishop at 7:30 tonight at Sams Stadium in a Class 3A Division II bi-district game.

The matchup pits two teams’ who have dominated their opponents defensively.

"Defense wins championships," Port Isabel head coach Monty Stumbaugh said. "We pride ourselves on our defense."

Stumbaugh has reason to boast. The Tarpons’ defense finished the season ranked first in District 32-3A, holding its opponents to under 100 points this season.

Like Port Isabel, the Badger’s strength is on the defensive end.

Bishop’s defense held teams to 13.6 points and 229 total yards per ballgame.

"They put up an eight-man front that penetrates and disrupts offenses," Stumbaugh said. "They have linebackers with speed that attack the ball."

Port Isabel is coming off a bye week after stomping the Progreso Red Ants 49-0 the week before.

While the win gave the Tarpons sole possession of the district title, the time off has given Port Isabel the opportunity to recuperate before its playoff run.

"The bye gave us a chance to rest," Stumbaugh said. "I’m not to sure how the week off is going to really affect us."

Offensively, Port Isabel relies on the strength of its offensive line and the running of senior Joey Loera.

The Tarpon running attack led the district with 375.6 yards per game.

Loera carried most of that load, rushing for 1,249 yards on 104 carries with 17 touchdowns.

"We feel like we can move the ball on Bishop," Stumbaugh said.

The Badgers (8-2, 4-1), the runner-up in District 31-3A, haven’t put up impressive offensive numbers this year, but have done just enough to get wins.

Running back Adam Cruz has been carrying the load with 617 yards on 109 carries.

Through the air, quarterback Daniel Rios has thrown for a conservative 613 yards.

Stumbaugh sees no reasons to alter his team’s approach in the postseason.

"We’re preparing like we always do," Stumbaugh said. "We’re sticking with what got us here."