PDA

View Full Version : The Chinese lied!

crzyjournalist03
08-12-2008, 11:47 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/beijing/blog/fourth_place_medal/post/The-Chinese-pulled-a-Milli-Vanilli-during-the-Op?urn=oly,100162

The Opening Ceremonies are looking more and more like a fraud!

Trashman
08-12-2008, 12:55 PM
That is exactly what you get from a communist country.:mad:

Old Tiger
08-12-2008, 01:16 PM
don't we do the same w/ TV.....you don't see very many ugly people on there

Trashman
08-12-2008, 01:25 PM
Tori Spelling

Phil C
08-12-2008, 01:56 PM
It has also been brought out that one of the cute girls singing was really mimicing another girl who was less cute but had a better singing voice. This may be done all the time but it should have been pointed out. And look at those women gymnists tonight who are 16 or over. This cast a lack of credibility on the Chinese who we thought were going to take advantage of being presented in a positive way.

Phil C
08-12-2008, 02:04 PM
Some of the opening fireworks ceremony was done previously and what was shown was a recording.

Phil C
08-12-2008, 04:04 PM
:(

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?rn=207187&cl=9245880&ch=6527422&src=sports

JR2004
08-12-2008, 04:05 PM
Silly communists. No surprise on this.

Phil C
08-12-2008, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
Silly communists. No surprise on this.

:(

Phil C
08-12-2008, 04:23 PM
Why would the Chinese use under 16 year old athletes when they know it is against the rules? :confused:

crzyjournalist03
08-12-2008, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Why would the Chinese use under 16 year old athletes when they know it is against the rules? :confused:

Communism is a sad, sad form of government Phil.

wimbo_pro
08-12-2008, 06:17 PM
THOSE SICK MONSTERS!!! THEY LIP-SYNCED!!! MY GOD, WHAT KIND OF VILE, SELF-ABSORBED, HUMAN RIGHTS VIOLATING, DOG EATING IDIOTS WOULD DO THAT?????

Other than all of our awards shows and most of our Super Bowls and Milli Vanilli of course, WE WOULD NEVER DO THIS!!!....THEY ARE COMMUNISTS, DARN IT!!!!!! THEY HAVE NO SOUL!!! GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!

DDBooger
08-12-2008, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
THOSE SICK MONSTERS!!! THEY LIP-SYNCED!!! MY GOD, WHAT KIND OF VILE, SELF-ABSORBED, HUMAN RIGHTS VIOLATING, DOG EATING IDIOTS WOULD DO THAT?????

Other than all of our awards shows and most of our Super Bowls and Milli Vanilli of course, WE WOULD NEVER DO THIS!!!....THEY ARE COMMUNISTS, DARN IT!!!!!! THEY HAVE NO SOUL!!! GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!! i felt the same way about it, SO WHAT!:rolleyes: haha I suppose when we enter athletes that dope and use performance enhancing substances that is a refection upon our capitalistic values, wait:thinking: lol....

JR2004
08-12-2008, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Phil C

Rules are more like suggestions to communists.

wimbo_pro
08-12-2008, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
i felt the same way about it, SO WHAT!:rolleyes: haha I suppose when we enter athletes that dope and use performance enhancing substances that is a refection upon our capitalistic values, wait:thinking: lol....

Exactly!!! Glass houses....

buff4life
08-12-2008, 07:05 PM
darn liars, if those little 13 year olds beat us tonight i'm going to be ticked

vet93
08-12-2008, 07:15 PM
Not undermining your argument because I understand the hypocrisy that you are trying to point out....but the communist countries of the former Soviet Union wrote the book on doping...as a matter of fact much of the technology used by our athletes came about when some of their doping secrets were revealed after the break up of the USSR. I would even venture to say that Doping in our professional ranks would not be as rampant if not for the institutionalized doping that was brought about by the Eastern bloc countries.

Originally posted by DDBooger
i felt the same way about it, SO WHAT!:rolleyes: haha I suppose when we enter athletes that dope and use performance enhancing substances that is a refection upon our capitalistic values, wait:thinking: lol....

DDBooger
08-12-2008, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by vet93
Not undermining your argument because I understand the hypocrisy that you are trying to point out....but the communist countries of the former Soviet Union wrote the book on doping...as a matter of fact much of the technology used by our athletes came about when some of their doping secrets were revealed after the break up of the USSR. I would even venture to say that Doping in our professional ranks would not be as rampant if not for the institutionalized doping that was brought about by the Eastern bloc countries. you give far too much credit to them and far too little to our own masking agents and technological enhancements...peter conrad, take a read, leading medicalization expert! the united states as a proliferator of performance enhancing substances has created a virtual cornucopia of drugs and substances, logically its unpatriotic to suggest our actions are on par with the former easter bloc or soviet union, but sorry man, we have become WORSE! abusers will always be one step ahead of the tests. its a true curse of modern sport, the "spirit" they speak of has been long dead...it's more cliche now. its similar to an athletics "cold war" not knowing what your opponent may be employing drives you to commit to things that otherwise you wouldn't...sad, but true

"

wimbo_pro
08-12-2008, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
darn liars, if those little 13 year olds beat us tonight i'm going to be ticked

So true Buff...those young punks!!!!!

3afan
08-12-2008, 07:52 PM
who cares if they used modern technology to enhance the opening ceremony, it was great to watch

besides, they live in China, we live in Texas

we win

wimbo_pro
08-12-2008, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
who cares if they used modern technology to enhance the opening ceremony, it was great to watch

besides, they live in China, we live in Texas

we win

I dunno, 3afan...they got Kung Poo Chicken....let's not forget that.

3afan
08-12-2008, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
I dunno, 3afan...they got Kung Poo Chicken....let's not forget that.

true, but we have chicken fried steak

BEAST
08-12-2008, 08:39 PM

Here Here, I'll raise a cold mug to that one.

BEAST

wimbo_pro
08-12-2008, 09:31 PM

good point, but they have Chihuahua fried steak...

JR2004
08-12-2008, 09:38 PM
That girl who just performed for the Communists can't be any older than 12 or so. Good grief do they believe folks outside of Red China really think she meets the age limit?

Diocletian
08-12-2008, 09:49 PM
This can't be such a bid deal...

Here in the US lip singing is a very common practice in show business.

popcorn screen
08-12-2008, 10:05 PM
Was Ashlee Simpson lip singing? If a 13 year old is kicking your tail, kudos to them for being that talented and focused. Sure, if the young lady doesn't win, her family will have their food rationed, but thats communism for ya. Opening ceremonies was impressive; real or fake.

Old Dog
08-13-2008, 12:23 AM
An Austin company, High End Systems, created a large part of the technology for the giant videos that lit up the opening ceremony. There is a very nice article in Monday's American-Statesman business section.