PDA

View Full Version : Any 10 3A Fans here?

catgut
08-12-2008, 10:59 AM
Being from Paris and new to 3A I'm wondering if there are any other fans from our new district that come to this site?

catgut
08-13-2008, 06:37 AM
surely I'm not the only one from this district looking in. Anyone at least play these teams and can tell me anything about them? Commerce, Van Alystene, Anna, Bonham, North Lamar, Paris. What about their facilities? Does Commerce still play in the college stadium with seating only on one side?

Old Tiger
08-13-2008, 06:43 AM
I know Van doesn't have Jermie Calhoun anymore...all i know.

is Paris linemen still going to be huge

JR2004
08-13-2008, 06:44 AM
You were put in a pretty weak district. Van Alstyne's facility is not good. We played them at their place in a playoff game in 2005 (why we couldn't have played them again at the Woodshed in Hebron I'll never know) and it's pretty antiquated. Y'all should easily be a playoff team in district 10.

catgut
08-13-2008, 07:03 AM
I agree it's really weak compared to playing Texas High, Sulphur Springs, Mt. Pleasant and others in the old district. I'm not excited about dropping down even though it definitely should be easier to compete.
I think we'll have some good young athletes, but not experienced. Quarterback last season was extremely weak and he's back this year so who knows. Most of our line graduated also.
North Lamar should have a good team as they had very few seniors last season. They will run, run, run, the same play over and over eating up the clock.

Dieselsmoke
08-13-2008, 09:59 AM
With Longview moving down to 4A and THS and SS returning a good number of players, this might be a good move for both Paris teams to move to 3A, the numbers just are not there to compete in football. Texas High had over 300 on opening day and I am sure Longview had at least that many. The district 10-3A is not very strong but with the Metro-plex moving north it will not be long before some of these teams (Anna, Van Alstyne) improve. Did John Mark Abbey not go out for football to concentrate on baseball only? Don't ya'll play Sulphur Springs in week 0, how do you feel you will do against them? Is your scrimmage at home this weekend if so what time does it start?

bigwood33
08-13-2008, 10:44 AM
Van Alstyne is building a new stadium and expects to have it ready by 0 week. They were really young last yeas starting a couple of freshmen on the O-Line.
Bonham didn't win a game last year but played better at the end of the year. They are still probably a year or so away from really being competitive.
I don't know anything about Commerce other than we scrimmage them on Sat...at our place.
Anna won 2 games in 2A last year and made the jump to 3A...good luck with all that.

catgut
08-13-2008, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Dieselsmoke
With Longview moving down to 4A and THS and SS returning a good number of players, this might be a good move for both Paris teams to move to 3A, the numbers just are not there to compete in football. Texas High had over 300 on opening day and I am sure Longview had at least that many. The district 10-3A is not very strong but with the Metro-plex moving north it will not be long before some of these teams (Anna, Van Alstyne) improve. Did John Mark Abbey not go out for football to concentrate on baseball only? Don't ya'll play Sulphur Springs in week 0, how do you feel you will do against them? Is your scrimmage at home this weekend if so what time does it start?

John Mark had decided to play football the last I heard. I think he will be the backup quarterback.
Yes, we start against Sulphur Springs which has one of the top quarterbacks in the state. They should kill us, but who knows with it being the first game of the year and them looking forward to being on ESPN it could work in our favor. Highly unlikely that happening however.

WildTexan972
08-13-2008, 02:54 PM
The goal for Paris should be not to be the 2nd place D2 team in your district or your season will end after the 1st playoff game....

catgut
08-13-2008, 02:57 PM
so you're saying Celina will beat us??????????

If we finish in top 2 we'll get them. North Lamar will be the big school.

WildTexan972
08-13-2008, 03:31 PM
I am saying if you finish 3rd in district, yes your season will end the next week....ANY team that finishes 3rd in that district will not last thru the 1st week of playoffs.....it does certainly appear to be a 3 team race for 1,2,3 with a big falloff from there

BobcatBenny
08-13-2008, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by catgut
so you're saying Celina will beat us??????????

If we finish in top 2 we'll get them. North Lamar will be the big school.
There is one mistake in the Mock 2008 Season. Lynxie will not be happy! :D

If you finish in third place, then Celina will beat Paris. :)

Otherwise, Paris gets embarassed by Argyle. :eek:

catgut
08-13-2008, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
There is one mistake in the Mock 2008 Season. Lynxie will not be happy! :D

If you finish in third place, then Celina will beat Paris. :)

Otherwise, Paris gets embarassed by Argyle. :eek:

When you say Paris, do you mean Paris or Paris North Lamar? Both teams are dropping down to 3A. I don't see us finishing 3rd. Paris and North Lamar should finish one and two..

BobcatBenny
08-13-2008, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by catgut
When you say Paris, do you mean Paris or Paris North Lamar? Both teams are dropping down to 3A. I don't see us finishing 3rd. Paris and North Lamar should finish one and two..
No, I expect you and Paris North Lamar to finish 1 or 2.

You were right North Lamar will be the big school rep. Which means the Mock season is wrong and that Paris loses to Argyle in round one. :eek:

There are other senarios, but generally Paris will need to finish 3rd in district to play Celina. ;)

Dieselsmoke
08-13-2008, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by WildTexan972
I am saying if you finish 3rd in district, yes your season will end the next week....ANY team that finishes 3rd in that district will not last thru the 1st week of playoffs.....it does certainly appear to be a 3 team race for 1,2,3 with a big falloff from there

It was tough going up against some of the bigger schools in 4A in the first round the last few years, don't think either of the Paris schools would be scared to play Celina in the first round, not saying they would win but to dismiss them before the game is played wouldn't we wise either, they aren't Bonham. Maybe I'll change my tune after Celina plays Whitehouse but lets play the games first.

catgut
08-13-2008, 05:35 PM
If that happened then I'd be very disappointed. Not because we were playing Celina, but because we finished third.

footballfan65
08-18-2008, 07:19 AM
Anna scrimmaged Whitewright this past Saturday. All teams looked pretty good. Believe we won all 3 games. Play Caddo Mills on Thursday -- will be tough.

LH Panther Mom
08-18-2008, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by footballfan65
Anna scrimmaged Whitewright this past Saturday. All teams looked pretty good. Believe we won all 3 games. Play Caddo Mills on Thursday -- will be tough. Welcome! :)

footballfan65
08-29-2008, 01:24 PM
Drove by Van Alstyne's new stadium earlier this week. And talked to some people from VA. Doesn't look like their new stadium will be ready until the end of the football season. So get ready to cram into those little stands.

Dieselsmoke
09-06-2008, 05:28 PM
Week 1 results
Paris 21 Pine Tree 29
Sanger 52 Bonham 21
North Lamar 25 Terrell 7
Tom Bean 8 Anna 7
Crandall 27 Commerce 19
Van Alstyne 32 Quinlan Ford 23

*Anna/Tom Bean
Tom Bean scored with no time remaining on a "Hail Mary" pass to pull the game out.

*Commerce/Crandall
Commerce was up 13-0 at the half

*TERRELL--North Lamar running back A.J. George rushed for 220 yards on 30 carries to lead Class 3A Paris North Lamar (1-1) to a 25-7 victory over Class 4A Terrell (1-1) at Memorial Stadium.
North Lamar out gained Terrell, 388-102, and had a 22-8 advantage in first downs. North Lamar Senior QB Cody Sellers 7-11-0 passed for 112 yards including a 54-yard touchdown pass to Senior TE/DE Forrest Moody.
Terrell's only points came on a 78-yard kick return from senior Joel Wren, on their first possession.

Necks_Fan
09-06-2008, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
I know Van doesn't have Jermie Calhoun anymore...all i know. :dispntd: :doh: :clap: