PDA

View Full Version : Sealy Tigers top 10?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-12-2008, 10:40 AM
Sealy will get a real test in their 1st scrimmage vs Stafford. Stafford posted a 0-10 record, and is picked 6th in 26aaa.
The Tigers sould look like a top 10 team on Saturday.

Nursebetty
08-12-2008, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Sealy will get a real test in their 1st scrimmage vs Stafford. Stafford posted a 0-10 record, and is picked 6th in 26aaa.
The Tigers sould look like a top 10 team on Saturday.

LOL! Cuero played Stafford pre-district last year and i think the score was 60something (Cuero) to maybe 7 or 14 (Stafford) at the most!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-12-2008, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Nursebetty
LOL! Cuero played Stafford pre-district last year and i think the score was 60something (Cuero) to maybe 7 or 14 (Stafford) at the most!

The Sealy paper reads ( Tigers put on show for fans) this week. Cant wait to see next weeks headlines!

Nursebetty
08-12-2008, 11:02 AM
Sounds like Sealy is making a "comeback"........back in the 90's Sealy was a force to be reckoned with for years! Wow, Cuero used to play them and they were tough!

spotbilt
08-12-2008, 02:38 PM
Is Eric Dickerson back ?

rancher
08-12-2008, 02:59 PM
Sealy better be in the top 10 with their cup cake schedule. They play powerhouses like Second Baptist and Houston Christian. They have a good running back, but if he goes down, they team will go down to. They have two tall recievers with good hands, fair Offensive and defensive lines. However they lack depth. They also are lacking numbers with only 18-20 freshman out. Word is they my not have a freshman team. Also remember a number of freshman are lost after the first grading period. Will tough to tell how good Sealy is until they play someone.

duke55
08-12-2008, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by spotbilt
Is Eric Dickerson back ?

hahaha

I_DONT_CARE
08-12-2008, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by rancher
Sealy better be in the top 10 with their cup cake schedule. They play powerhouses like Second Baptist and Houston Christian.
WASN'T HOUSTON CHRISTIAN ON BELLVILLE'S SCHEDULE THE LAST TWO YEARS? :rolleyes:

DKR#1
08-12-2008, 03:54 PM
Bellville fans are yall worried about Sealy? You guys sure seem to be awfully concerned about their "cupcake" schedule and whether or not they should be a top 10 team?

Hasn't Bellville also scheduled the likes of Houston Christian & St. Thomas in the past? Good enough for the Brahams, but "cupcakes" when it comes to Sealy. LOL

Necks_Fan
08-12-2008, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by DKR#1
Bellville fans are yall worried about Sealy? You guys sure seem to be awfully concerned about their "cupcake" schedule and whether or not they should be a top 10 team?

Hasn't Bellville also scheduled the likes of Houston Christian & St. Thomas in the past? Good enough for the Brahams, but "cupcakes" when it comes to Sealy. LOL Yea and they failed to mention St PiusX who is the 2 time defending Taaps Champ. They are no pushover, and Brookshire Royal will be a playoff team this year. Also, dont they play Rice consolidated? They are not exactly a cupcake either. If I was ya'll, I would worry about my team. Sealy will be more than ready with that "cupcake" schedule come district.

HEMOTOXIC
08-12-2008, 04:36 PM
Bellville will win @ the Pasture of Pain!!

Bulligator
08-12-2008, 04:47 PM
If you go back a few years, Bellville had pretty good teams, and had trouble finding another team to play in non-district each year. The odds were good that the opposing team would lose. That's why they played those Houston private school teams and 4A teams as no one else would schedule. Now that Bellville has had a down year, it's easier to find someone that thinks they can beat them.

Its possible the same thing happened to Sealy. They know they would be a top 10 team and didn't want to add a loss to their record.

The only game either team should worry about bragging rights is the one on Halloween night in Bellville.

Bull's-eye
08-12-2008, 05:07 PM
Sealy plays Houston 2nd Baptist, Hempstead, Rice Consolidated, Brookshire Royal and St. Pius. I don't know about a cupcake schedule, because they could easily lose 2 of those games (Rice, St. Pius).

Necks_Fan
08-12-2008, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Sealy plays Houston 2nd Baptist, Hempstead, Rice Consolidated, Brookshire Royal and St. Pius. I don't know about a cupcake schedule, because they could easily lose 2 of those games (Rice, St. Pius). Brookshire Royal is not a bad team either. Granted, Sealy SHOULD win, but that doesn't mean anything.

To say the least, I have seen FAR weaker schedules before.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-12-2008, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by DKR#1
. LOL

Bellville has beat Sealy 8 years in a row, last year 35-7. Underclass teams have also had Sealys number. Sealy top 10?

Necks_Fan
08-12-2008, 11:48 PM
Bellville has beat Sealy 8 years in a row, last year 35-7. Underclass teams have also had Sealys number. Sealy top 10? Maybe it's too high, but who cares about pre-season rankings anyway? I have no idea why everybody got their panties in a wad over Sealy.

If I'm not mistaken, that game was early in the season.... week 0?

Sealy really started to come on and gel later...... They gave Giddings EVERYTHING they wanted in the playoffs. What was the Bellville-Giddings score? I don't like to play that game, but it should give u a bit of perspective as to how well they were playing late in the season.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-16-2008, 12:16 PM
Sealy or Stafford?

rancher
08-16-2008, 12:20 PM
It was Sealy, looked good at times and made mistakes at other times. Overall had a good scrimmage, great running by the backs and good catches by the tall receivers. Also glad to see about 10 more freshman showed up and learned they will field a freshman team that will be very small in numbers. Hope they dont lose any to grades after th first 6 weeks or they are in trouble.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-16-2008, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by rancher
It was Sealy, looked good at times and made mistakes at other times. Overall had a good scrimmage, great running by the backs and good catches by the tall receivers. Also glad to see about 10 more freshman showed up and learned they will field a freshman team that will be very small in numbers. Hope they dont lose any to grades after th first 6 weeks or they are in trouble.

Heard from someone that was there, said they watch the Sealy vs Stafford game and did not see a top 20 team.
How did you see it Rancher?

Necks_Fan
08-16-2008, 01:15 PM
Heard from someone that was there, said they watch the Sealy vs Stafford game and did not see a top 20 team.
How did you see it Rancher? More rankings......:mad:

Ah, Bellville is #1 so who cares?;)

rancher
08-16-2008, 01:20 PM
They were not a top tier team. Stafford will be another 1-9, 2-8 or 0-10 team. Sealy look decent, not a top 10.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-16-2008, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
More rankings......:mad:

Ah, Bellville is #1 so who cares?;)

Bellville is #2 in V-ball, the girls have been beating some top 5a school already.

Bellville is not #1, dont put the Bulls-Eye on our back.:D

Bull's-eye
08-16-2008, 02:02 PM
I watched most of the scrimmage and would be very disappointed if I was a Sealy fan. Their #1 offense looked sloppy (several penalties) and I only saw them score one FG. If the Stafford QB hadn't missed a wide open receiver to end the game, Sealy would of lost the live part of the scrimmage. Their RB is very good and he broke a couple of runs by cutting back against the grain. He did this once when Stafford appeared to have him pinned for a loss and another time off a fumbled pitch. Sealy's defense was really flying to the ball, but alot of their success was the inefficiency of the Stafford offense. I didn't see a top 10 team, much less a top 25 team. If Stafford is a 1-9 team, Sealy is highly over-rated. Still early, hopefully they will get it together.

Necks_Fan
08-16-2008, 06:08 PM
I watched most of the scrimmage and would be very disappointed if I was a Sealy fan. Their #1 offense looked sloppy (several penalties) and I only saw them score one FG. If the Stafford QB hadn't missed a wide open receiver to end the game, Sealy would of lost the live part of the scrimmage. Their RB is very good and he broke a couple of runs by cutting back against the grain. He did this once when Stafford appeared to have him pinned for a loss and another time off a fumbled pitch. Sealy's defense was really flying to the ball, but alot of their success was the inefficiency of the Stafford offense. I didn't see a top 10 team, much less a top 25 team. If Stafford is a 1-9 team, Sealy is highly over-rated. Still early, hopefully they will get it together. It took them a while to get it going last year, they have the talnt and the coaching to do it. Dexter Downey is a hell of a RB.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-17-2008, 10:18 AM
I watched most of the scrimmage and would be very disappointed if I was a Sealy fan. I didn't see a top 10 team, much less a top 25 team. If Stafford is a 1-9 team, Sealy is highly over-rated. Still early, hopefully they will get it together.

Talked to a life long Sealy fan, he said the same thing.

SintonFan_inAustin
08-17-2008, 11:30 AM
Talked to a life long Sealy fan, he said the same thing. :fnypost:

Johnny Utah
08-17-2008, 12:20 PM
Both Sealy and Bellville will make a lot of noise in Region 4 this year. Heard Giddings is no slouch as well. Too bad Wimberley and LH went to region 1, region 4 would be really great with all of those teams.

Bull's-eye
08-17-2008, 12:43 PM
Why would that be a funny post? I was at the scrimmage and I heard some of the same things.

SintonFan_inAustin
08-17-2008, 01:11 PM
Why would that be a funny post? I was at the scrimmage and I heard some of the same things.

Tiger Turtle
08-18-2008, 03:40 PM
Those private church schools are often pretty good, because they can recruit without getting in UIL trouble. Back during Sealy's 4peat run, they had the previously mentioned problem of having a hard time scheduling predistrict foes because they were beating the poo-poo out of everybody. They started playing Second Baptist which was one of the top private schools in the state and Strake Jesuit and St. Thomas to fill the schedule. Funniest thing about it was that some of the church schools played really dirty, which made TJ Mills mad so he ran up the score on them a couple of times. They didn't want to play any more after that.

Stats
08-21-2008, 05:47 PM
Bellville has beat Sealy 8 years in a row, last year 35-7. Underclass teams have also had Sealys number. Sealy top 10?

For the sake of accuracy, Bellville has won 7 in a row. Prior to that Sealy had won 8 in a row. Sealy's last win was in 2000 by score of 24-6.