PDA

View Full Version : What do you think?

CenTexSports
08-12-2008, 09:00 AM
I played in a softball league with my 23 year old son this summer. Last night was the last game. We tied the 1st Baptist Church 9 - 9 and I went 3 for 3 (I actually burned the right fielder and one hopped the fence).

The question is: Should I hang it up? I am 54 and as much as I love softball, I think it is time to quit.

What do you think?

BreckTxLonghorn
08-12-2008, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
I played in a softball league with my 23 year old son this summer. Last night was the last game. We tied the 1st Baptist Church 9 - 9 and I went 3 for 3 (I actually burned the right fielder and one hopped the fence).

The question is: Should I hang it up? I am 54 and as much as I love softball, I think it is time to quit.

What do you think?

Do you feel like your body is wearing down or that you can't compete? If its no to both, keep playing!

jason
08-12-2008, 09:02 AM
are you hurt or playing at a level that is a detriment to your team?

CenTexSports
08-12-2008, 09:06 AM
I can still hit as good a most on the team and I can play 1st, 3rd, Catch, and Pitch (I pitched every game). I just don't run very well any more.

Some of you guys play, what do you think when you see a 50 something guy out playing with 18 to 30 year olds? Pathetic or I hope I can play when I am that age.

BTW: I am playing because they hounded me to. I helped them out when they were short players in the spring and they needed a pitcher real bad.

Ranger Mom
08-12-2008, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
I can still hit as good a most on the team and I can play 1st, 3rd, Catch, and Pitch (I pitched every game). I just don't run very well any more.

Some of you guys play, what do you think when you see a 50 something guy out playing with 18 to 30 year olds? Pathetic or I hope I can play when I am that age.

Up until last year (when he fell off the roof and busted up his ankle) my step-dad still played and he is closing in on 70.

In fact, he was pitching and struck Deion Sanders out one time!!:D

CenTexSports
08-12-2008, 09:27 AM
Wow!