PDA

View Full Version : Clyde

Ozzy
11-02-2003, 09:16 PM
Is there any way Clyde can make the playoffs? I know they can wind up in a tie for 2nd or 3rd, but it doesn't look good in the points. Can anyone fill me in?

Ozzy
11-03-2003, 10:01 AM
ttt

Matthew328
11-03-2003, 10:02 AM
I think it is a long shot at best now..I guess if Ballinger beats Wylie pretty good then they may have a shot..

vet93
11-03-2003, 10:13 AM
If Brady has a complete breakdown and loses to Early and Clyde beats Comanche then they would make the playoffs. In the case of a 3-way tie, then it would go to a tie-breaker. In the tie-breaker Clyde would be +10 against Wylie, but -21 against Brady. Wylie would be -10 against Clyde but +21 against Brady. Brady would be +21 against Clyde and -21 against Wylie. This gives Brady 0, Wylie +11, and Clyde -11. If I am interpreting things right then there is no way that Clyde could go unless Brady loses on the last week. I have not read the rules to see if there are any point limitations for a win such as a 14 point cap. Even if the cap was 14 points, Clyde would still be left out.

<small>[ November 03, 2003, 09:15 AM: Message edited by: vet93 ]</small>

Wbulldogs
11-03-2003, 03:11 PM
vet93:
If Brady has a complete breakdown and loses to Early and Clyde beats Comanche then they would make the playoffs. In the case of a 3-way tie, then it would go to a tie-breaker. In the tie-breaker Clyde would be +10 against Wylie, but -21 against Brady. Wylie would be -10 against Clyde but +21 against Brady. Brady would be +21 against Clyde and -21 against Wylie. This gives Brady 0, Wylie +11, and Clyde -11. If I am interpreting things right then there is no way that Clyde could go unless Brady loses on the last week. I have not read the rules to see if there are any point limitations for a win such as a 14 point cap. Even if the cap was 14 points, Clyde would still be left out.wow...thats confusing lol

ClydeFan
11-04-2003, 12:22 PM
Our newspaper said in the case of a 3 way tie the point system will be used and be capped at 14. I'd love to see Early beat Brady, but I just don't see that happening. I think you are interpreting the point system correctly, Vet, with the exception of the 14 point cap, which like you said still doesn't change the final outcome. I am assuming the point system only applies to games between the teams that are tied.

Current standings:

Ballinger: 4-0
Abilene Wylie: 3-1
Brady: 2-2
Clyde: 2-2
Comanche: 1-3
Early: 0-4

This week’s schedule
Ballinger at Abilene Wylie; Brady at Early; Comanche at Clyde

pero chato
11-04-2003, 01:49 PM
I really thought Clyde would make the playoffs this year especially after watching them dominate us (Wylie) in the district opener. I don't think that game was a fluke, but I don't know why Clyde couldn't get past Brady. Apparently they had a good game against Early. We'll see how they do against Comanche this week. Good Luck!

Adidas410s
11-04-2003, 03:15 PM
That is correct that the points only apply to games involving the tied teams. The playoffs would be as follows:
1. Ballinger
2. Wylie +4 points
3. Brady 0 points
4. Clyde -4 points

vet93
11-04-2003, 04:18 PM
Sometimes I think it comes down to matchups. Clyde looked really good against Ballinger as well. Especially for the first half. They really have some good looking ball players. For what ever reason they must not have matched up well against Brady. It also shows you what a fine line we walk sometimes between winning and losing. It is a shame to see a team like Clyde stay home because they really worked hard to redo their offense and come on strong during district.

pero chato:
I really thought Clyde would make the playoffs this year especially after watching them dominate us (Wylie) in the district opener. I don't think that game was a fluke, but I don't know why Clyde couldn't get past Brady. Apparently they had a good game against Early. We'll see how they do against Comanche this week. Good Luck!

ClydeFan
11-05-2003, 11:10 AM
As far as the Clyde-Brady matchup, two big plays in particular come to mind that changed the course of the game. One was a TD on a pass right before halftime with about a second left, making it 21-0. Clyde made some adjustments to the offense in the second half and scored and then held Brady and started moving the ball again. They had begun another good drive when the ball was fumbled and Brady scooped it up and returned it for a long TD... more or less putting the game out of reach.

They looked very good against Early and both the offense and defense played an outstanding game. The offense in particular was greatly improved, and they used the same offense that was able to move the ball against Brady in the second half.

The Wylie-Ballinger game should be a good one. Wylie has made quite a turnaround since the loss to Clyde and appears to be the strongest team in the district right now. However, Ballinger will be highly motivated to win this one, and I think it could go either way. Enjoy the 3A Down Low get together!

pero chato
11-05-2003, 05:05 PM
Thanks for the scoop on the Clyde/Brady game, Clydefan. Sometimes one play can change the entire game or at least the momentum. I was hoping to see Clyde make the playoffs this year. Nothing against Brady, but Clyde has always been in our district and sure looked good in the first district game. The Wylie/Ballinger matchup should be a great one. Wylie finally got their offense clicking, but will need a tighter defense to slow down Posey. It looks like the Clyde program is on the upswing, so maybe playoffs next year.
Good luck against Comanche!